Our ideal candidate has demonstrated strong leadership skills and possesses the following characteristics: self-starter, excellent communication and oral fact finding skills, rapport building, flexibility, tenacity, able to handle pressure, high work standards and attention to detail. Bi-lingual Spanish/English is preferred though not required.
This position is responsible for providing all aspects of the customer service function of our business including sales, order entry, and bookkeeping to ensure a service level consistent with the requirements as established by the Atlanta branch and its customers.
- Answer incoming phone calls; manage incoming faxes and Partnerview orders
- Provide information as to programs, prices, delivery times, packaging, etc.
- Write up customers orders and input into DMSI
- Explain product's features, assembly, application, installation, and pricing
- Advise warehouse crew daily of expected inbound deliveries
- Write up outbound order loading tally and review with warehouse crew
- Print and fill out check-in sheet for all inbound shipments
- Route/schedule deliveries as to meet commitments made to our customers
- Advise customer of delivery schedule and of changes made to the schedule
- Outgoing telephone sales calls to existing branch customer base
- Relay sales leads to territory manager
- Keep territory manager advised as to order activity/scheduled deliveries/etc.
- Relay competitive information to territory manager
- Sell company product lines to walk-in customers
- Obtain samples and literature as needed
- Review product levels weekly as to minimize stock-outs or overstocks
- Enter purchase orders
- Print reports to facilitate forecasting and inventory control
- Run/audit open order report weekly
- Run/audit open purchase order report weekly
- Advise Branch Manager/Operation Supervisor of any order that goes into credit hold
- Assist in collecting past due balances from customers
- Enforce and adhere to corporate policies and procedures
- Maintain the branch product display and literature area
- Assist in taking physical inventory
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time and be able to operate a computer or other keyboard instrument
- Must be able to move short distances, from workstation to customer service counter and showroom area, frequently throughout the day
- Must be able to move longer distances, from workstation to warehouse, occasionally
- Must be able to lift and carry products of moderate weight to demonstrate features and
functions to the customer
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Must be able to read, write and speak English and be able to understand verbal and written instructions
- Must be able to use a calculator to perform basic math calculations
- Must be skilled in using personal computers for word processing, order entry, and spreadsheet preparation. Specific software experience may be required(word & excel)
- Post high school education in business, accounting or equivalent on the job training, is preferred though not required
- Must have at least one year experience in performing customer service, clerical and bookkeeping duties, preferable in a distribution environment
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Roofing and Insulation Supply, (RIS) is a wholesale distributor of roofing, insulation and related products servicing contractors and...