Roofing Supply Group Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
I made lots of experience working for the company.
Painter crafter (Former Employee) –  Airway Heights, WAAugust 28, 2017
I experience working in a different places. Get to know what is like to work on top of a roof and travel places. Working in the company is a great place to start.
Pros
Get to travel places and paint
Cons
We get to woke up in the morning
Its ok
Warehouse Worker/Forklift Operator/delivery helper (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 13, 2017
Job is very demanding and physical work 10+ hours mon thru fri must be in well shape to perform we be in weather hot cold rain warehouse work all so loading trucks and roofs
Great Location and company to work for
TILE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJanuary 10, 2017
Great Location and company to work for-Great people in the industry make it easy to fulfill your job duties. It is a fast paced creative work experience.
fun place still employed
Class A CDL Driver/Mobile Crane Operator (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 7, 2016
awesome job in the greater Denver area and crane certified through them aswell as a hazmat certification and TWIC card deliver roofing materials
Fun Place to work and nice people
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 18, 2015
Great place. Just got bought out by Beacon Supply Group. All about family first. well Structured and easy to talk to upper management.
Pros
Family
Cons
Training
Great employees that laugh and play darts.
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Simpsonville, SCAugust 27, 2015
A typical day began with opening the branch and getting the trucks headed out to their first drops. I would make the coffee and start answering phones until the inside CSR's arrived. Met with location manager to discuss any issues. I then started the administrative tasks of the day which could be any number of projects from HR & DOT issue's to soliciting funds for vendors for customer give gift. Our manager made everyone feel that we were part of a winning team. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people, customers and employee's. Most of our employee's were rookies in the roofing industry, but good attitudes and hard work made them seasoned veterans very quickly.

Our "call out" program worked very well to quickly build a customer base. Each of us spent some time during the week making calls to prospective customers. I continued to make sales calls and lend support to our sales staff by quoting commercial roofing projects and negotiating with vendors for project pricing.
Great Employers
Operations Manager/Safety Director (Current Employee) –  Carnegie, PAAugust 12, 2015
Roofing Supply Group (RFG) is a great place to work but unfortunately there is not enough room for advancement. The daily work environment is both pleasant and functional; however, I am looking to move on to a sales position instead of my current Operations Management position. I feel I am better suited to be in the sales field.
Good networking experience
CDL Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Webster, TXMarch 6, 2015
They have good Hours
Learned great time management
displays good team Work
all local driving routes
Laborious but good pay
Summary
CONVEYOR DELIVERY CREWMAN (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLNovember 28, 2014
Great co workers. Management is sincere and usually in great mood. Very enjoyable to be working with product and customers directly. Set your own pace on the job. Easy going work schedule. Usually stress free.
very enjoyable while it lasted
Inside Sales and Support Associate (Former Employee) –  cincinnati, ohioSeptember 18, 2014
RSG was a good place to work, I found the people to be friendly and helpful also it provided a clean and safe work environment.
Taking good care of customers was very important to the employees and it reflected back upon us with repeat business and a loyal customer base. When problems or issues did arise as they often do in a service / distribution environment especially in construction, management was always supportive in stepping up to help resolve problems or issues.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the cooperative atmosphere and the often sit down lunches with the staff, and the opportunity to learn new skills and work with caring and respectful people and be myself without having to try to impress people with a fabricated image to earn their acceptance.
Wonderful corporation
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJune 22, 2014
I found that RSG was a wonderful corporation to work within. Lots of room for growth and ideas were taken into consideration. I would work for RSG at anytime in the future!

That all being said this position as billing specialist was very hard for me as I was filling in for another for a short time, therefore could not grow, take on additional responsibilities and found myself bored with many hours of no work to be found. This was very difficult as I was used to dealing with many responsibilities within the corporation and my previous position with RSG in Denver.
Cons
Each branch is ran differnetly!
Great Place to Work
Area Sales Representative- Residential - Oklahoma (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma CityFebruary 25, 2014
Overall Roofing Supply Group is a great place to work. The management has an effective plan and they are supportive in assisting you achieve your goals as well as theirs.
Pros
The people at Roofing Supply Group
Cons
very competitive business not for everyone
Good Job
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSFebruary 6, 2014
Loved this job, great working environment. Friendly coworker and steady pay increases.
Productive just depending on the season.
Internship (Current Employee) –  Martinez, CASeptember 5, 2013
Enjoyed my internship, i got to know more about roofing supplies while also working in the office. Co-workers were very helpful in what tasks were to be done. The hardest part of the job was fitting in all scheduled truck loads to the desired time of customers. The best part of the job was the work flow was easy and convenient. Nothing too complicated.
Good place
File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 9, 2013
I worked as a file clerk. I was in charge of ordering the supplies and dealing with the mail as well as filing paper work. I learned how to deal with customer and vendors. My co-workers helped me by teaching my how to do A/P and some A/R. I loved this job. I enjoyed working with the accounting department.
Roofing Supply Group
Inside Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 25, 2013
Work day is 7 am - 4 pm Monday through Friday.
A set up Purchase Orders, Sales Orders, Quotes, Customer Service, and Inventory.
Managed very well, Manager is well respected and open to suggestions.
Co-workers are very helpful and kind to work with.
Time management.
Meeting and helping people.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Heavy work load
Very productive and results driven business
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 25, 2013
Good company to work for and they take care of their people. They always strive to be the best in all aspects of the business.
Good company good people too.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 8, 2013
Great employees to work with. Management team wonderful always took the time to listen to you.Let you do your job and make changes if safety wasnt and issue to make your job easier..
Pros
cookouts, company gettogethers for you and your familly.
Cons
healthcare benifits
To transport roofing supplies venndors
Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 28, 2012
A typical day included pre/trip truck load truck m/product for deleivery.I learn to be safe.The coworkers work seperatly but as a unit.the hardest part of the job was to drive a 53ft.trailer through a small nabhorhood.Best part of the job was knowing the job was done right.Management was ok.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Roofing Supply Group. Our community is ready to answer.