Room & Board

Room & Board Employer Reviews

Distribution centers and stores are 100% opposite of the corporate office.
associate (Former Employee), distribution centerMay 26, 2014
Pros: healthcare
Cons: management is cheap, no advancement, very little raise per yr, zero concern for family and personal life
Room and Board has a great buiness. Overall they are a terrific company IF you work in Golden Valley headquarters. D.C's revolve around rushing to beat the clock everyday and safty is never a concern. If you are behind they will start turnning lights off to make you rush faster. Equipment breaks down, and bigger heavier furniture is placed in difficult areas because management WILL NOT take the time or follow procedures to communicate with a "warehouse associate" to address a problem; employees are never listened to, tons of problems, but that takes time to correct; and working here, any time over 8 hrs is unacceptable. Good luck dealing with management.
Merchandise Quality of furniture.
Warehouse Quality Associate (Former Employee), Lake Forest, CAOctober 29, 2013
Pros: pay, management, culture, work life v. home life
Cons: advancement (small company)
I loved this job, and the people that I worked with and for. I had so much fun, and looked forward everyday to work. It was tough some days but my co workers rocked. The pay when I left was almost at $20 an hour, 3 weeks vacation, health insurance, and weekends off. Once every 6 weeks I worked a Saturday, but even that day was fun. Management took care of us, BBQ's once a month, Angel games in the summer, X-Mas parties, and a bonus. We clocked out by 2:30 everyday and had the rest of the day. Management left us alone and let us do our job, but was also there when we need them for questions, and support.
Great benefits and pay horrible leadership.
Delivery Associate (Current Employee), Torrance, CADecember 3, 2012
Pros: pay and benefits.
Cons: no lunch or breaks if your a driver. doing the other hourly paids jobs
Typical day at work starts at 6:00am. I have learned alot about furniture particularly R&B furniture. Management is my only gripe really. Completely worthless to say the least. Im not even sure my manager has hands. I have never seen them out of his pocket. I think that says it all. Being that we have a "peer managing" style in effect im not sure what the use is of management. This company would run better without certain managers. Co workers are great for the most part. Its a rewarding job great furniture nice customers. I do not enjoy doing my job just to come back and do others job that "milk" the clock since they are hourly and delivery is salary.

About Room & Board

Working at Room & Board is truly about finding your life's work. Our staff members are curious and creative thinkers who are – Read more