Rooms To Go Employee Reviews

Great company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRMay 19, 2017
40 plus weekly hours

Plenty of opportunities to gain profit from commissions

Easy to develop as a sales associate/representative with plenty of training and management assistance

Well respected and best customer service provided by furniture stores
It was a fast paced enviornment
Warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 17, 2017
I will go I'm and go over meetings with crew members. I would then go out on the floor to see what we need to stock. Checked for damaged merchandise. It was a happy work environment.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Slow times we had to send crew home.
Rtg
Substitute Driver (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GAMay 17, 2017
This company was good to work with as well. The job was fairly easy and there was no supervisor micromanaging us. We we're paid by the stops made. The commute to work was the worse part of working at this location.
Great place to learn retail
Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 10, 2017
Responsible for all aspects of store management. Interviewed, hired, provided performance reviews and training for sales and support staff. Managed relationships with all divisions of company to ensure revenue growth, customer satisfaction and repeat business. Held support staff to very high standards in sales quality and revenue generation. At 2 locations drove sales to over 20% growth over previous years in 2014 and 2015. In 2016 increased profit 82.7% over previous year in Clearance sales.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Hours
Productive secure job
Housekeeper, Maid (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXMay 8, 2017
Good place to work busy on weekends slow during the week. Great benefits and job security. The owners are very straight forward not many hours and don't work on major holidays but you know you have a job.
Fun place to work
Furniture Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXMay 8, 2017
Daily work in sales and marketing of indoor home furnishings, also daily work in follow up and after closing of sales, enjoyed working with different people
Not Very Productive
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMay 8, 2017
A typical day at work consists of unloading furniture trucks, refreshing the floor with furniture, and cleaning. I learned how to put together furniture. The management for warehouse associates isn't too great.
Productive work place
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Dunn, NCMay 3, 2017
Best reasons for working at Rtg is how much they give you as an employee, from the benefits to the endless income possibilities. I worked at Rtg for 3 years in sales and left for a management opportunity with another company. I am happy to say after 8 months with the other company I saw how advanced Rtg is and I am blessed to have been welcomed back to the Rtg family. I am back in sales and doing better than I ever h…
Cons
Pros
good people
Cons
sub par pay
Good job
Mover (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaMay 3, 2017
Hours were great I enjoy moving and I'm good at it. Efficient and professional on every way. I work hard from start to finish. It's all about having a game plan.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Pay
Very Disappointed
Sales (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 1, 2017
Sales
Learned to achieve my goals
some management fair some over micro manage
Hardest Part of Job is working all weekends, Holidays
I really enjoyed working for a great company owner is very thought full and considerate to his employees.
Pros
Awards, Trips
Cons
Weekends and some holidays
good people, good company
office assistant (Current Employee) –  Orange Park, FLApril 30, 2017
I enjoy room to go. they have a relaxed yet steady paced work environment that is enjoyable. People are friendly and willing to help you in times of need.
Pros
free lunches, ac, no heavy cleaning
Cons
no benefits due to me being part time
Mostly a fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ft. Myers, FLApril 20, 2017
Most of the employees are great to work with. Management is a joke and if they open their mouth they are lying to you. The regional managers in SW Florida have never been in sales for RTG and are flooding the sales floor. They have turned this into a $50,000 a year job. You will work 90+ hours every 2 weeks and work all holidays. The benefits for a company of this size are the worst I've ever seen. The medical insurance is horrible. You must pay the first $3000 before they start to pay anything. If you are single or hate your family and think $50,000 a year is a lot of money then you are going to love this job.
Pros
Employees
Cons
Low pay to hour ratio and management
Great
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TX 76014April 20, 2017
This company dealt with a lot of clients. Their goals was to make sure each customers was satisfied upon delivery of their items purchased. It was pleasure working with this company.
great workplace easygoing hardworking employees
Furniture Delivery and Assembler (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXApril 20, 2017
a regular day consists of getting to work around six a.m. We load box truck full of the deliveries for the day. then we make all deliveries in a 300 mile radius from corpus over the years i deveoped great people skills i didnt find anything hard about the job but it is a little hard to communicate with disrespectful customer but as i like to say you jus kill them with kindness!
Pros
paid lunch, get to relax on the ride to next coustomer
Cons
breaks upon request
Great job, great benefits and friendly staff. Plan to work a lot of hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NC and Dunn, NCApril 14, 2017
A typical day consisted of greeting customers and assisting them in purchasing furniture for their homes or rental homes. I learned how to help design rooms for customers. I enjoyed my Rooms To Go family and environment. I would have loved to stay, but the hours were very demanding and kept me away from my family. Overall a great work place with great benefits.
Pros
Great pay (if you know how to sell), Benefits are amazing
Cons
Hours (you work nights, weekends, and most holidays)
Work life balance
Sales (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCApril 11, 2017
If you are a motivated seller, this company will handsomely reward you. However, be prepared to work several double shifts, at least once per week, and give up every holiday and weekend.
Pros
pay
Cons
no work life balance
It's was a job
Inventory supply coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 10, 2017
At rooms to go A typical workday will consist of logging trucks. Verification information of shipping and receiving inventory. Inventory. Work balance was not good
Corporate Office -Atlanta
Merchandising Dept. (Current Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAApril 9, 2017
Office atmosphere is ok, no one really gets along and everyone is very private. Pay is way below industry standard, vacation time is horrible. Lots of tenure, but company seems to hire young people and women so they can pay them less. Great health benefits.
Pros
Job security, Health benefits
Cons
Pay, company culture
Always a sense of accomplishment
Lift Dept. Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLApril 7, 2017
Working for Rooms to Go was a pleasure. Everyday had seemed to run perfectly and the days end was always met with a sense of accomplishment. RTG is a respectfully satisfying company to work for.
Pros
Weekly Bonuses, Holiday incentives
Cons
No Cons
Boring, misleading
Sales Associate Representative (Current Employee) –  Dunn, NCApril 5, 2017
Pay was great, environment not so much . Management need to be more motivational and lead by examples. Great place to work if you don't have a family
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Working weekends, nights, and holidays

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rooms To Go. Our community is ready to answer.