Rooms To Go Employee Reviews in United States

Productive workplace
Receiving Associate (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 26, 2016
Overall RTG is a good place to work. The benefits are good. Co workers are easy to get along with, Typical work day consists of unloading trucks.
Pros
Good benefits, free turkeys @ Thanksgiving
Cons
Work life balance, micromanagement
Productie work place
Certified Lift Operator Level 5 (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMarch 29, 2016
My typical work day is pretty steady at times laid back and sometimes very demanding. I have learned an assortment of things from working in a team setting to supervision. My co workers are very helpful and like to see others succeerd. Management is very helpful and they great you at the time clock at each and every work day with a friendly smile. The hardest part of my job is dealing with multiple departments, there are sometimes that departments disagree with each other and that is when management steps in. The most rewarding part of my job is being overloaded with work and still I am able to complete the task at hand and at the end of the day the management thanks you for your hard work and dedication.
Pros
Very adaptable
Cons
Summer time teampertures can reach an excess of 100 degrees
Furniture Sales Associate
Furniture Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJanuary 26, 2016
America's largest furniture retailer. Very good company to work for. However, long hours are required, but high income potential. The best part of the job was meeting new people and assisting them with their furniture needs.
Pros
Good benefits, high income potential
Cons
limited life/work balance
RTG is a solid company where you can make good money.
Sales (Former Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 2, 2016
A great company with a lot of support behind you. This is a good place to make above average money in sales. You must be prepared to work long shifts, including nights, weekends, most holidays. It is a very friendly atmosphere and not cut throat like many sales jobs. Since it is such a large company, there are many different jobs available, especially if you live near a warehouse. Also, the chance for relocation can be good.
Pros
My co-workers were like family. Everyone treats you very well.
Cons
The long hours, nights & weekends. If you're in sales, be prepared to spend a lot of time at work.
Rooms To Go is my favorite place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GANovember 3, 2015
I love the environment at rooms to go ! we are all like one big family. This is the kind of company where you dont want to leave, its muhc better to move up in . Everybody is rooting for each other and is so positive and uplifting. The upper management is so humble and down to earth and easy to talk to.
The benefits are great. I am honestly really happy here.
Pros
everything
Cons
honestly there are no cons.
Great pay, long days
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAMarch 1, 2016
There is potential for a lot of money to be made if you know how to sell. They provide a fantastic training program and teach you the steps to a sale. If you follow their model, you will be very successful. However, you must work 9am-9pm every Saturday and 10-6 every Sunday. This makes sense because you make the most money on weekends but it also means you very rarely get a weekend off and can create a difficult work/life balance.
Pros
long lunch breaks, fun customers
Cons
long work days
I Do Not Recommend Rooms To Go
Sales Consoltant (Former Employee) –  Pearl River, LAJune 29, 2016
worked for the company for 5 months and within those 5 months we changed managers. the sales team wasn't receiving the correct amount on commission. You can work for 12 hrs straight and not make a dime. Manager did not like helping close a sale if anything he tried running the customer off. I have been in sales for a long time and I have never seen a manager that was so unprofessional, disrespectful and unethical. I resigned from my position and I will never return back to rooms to go in pearl river for these reasons. i definitely DO NOT recommend this job if you are in sales.
Pros
Your clientele is easy to build and people are usually walking into buy
Cons
manager harasses you if you take your lunch or take personal day, No training classes you are trained in a week by another rep not the manager, can be at work all day and don't make any money, pay is not enough for all the work you do
You determine your own paychecks
Top-ranked sales manager (Former Employee) –  The Villages, FLDecember 10, 2015
Working at Rooms to Go was one of the best places I have ever worked.
I worked commission only and never regretted seeing my paychecks. The management team and the co-workers I worked with formed a special bond that allowed us to work well together, the thrill of helping a customer find what they needed and wanted and not just selling them what I thought they needed, helped build a great report with the customers that kept them coming back for more
Pros
You meet people from all walks of life
Cons
I couldnt find a none
Great Company
Sales Professional - Rooms To Go (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 26, 2015
Great Company to work for . The benefits and job security are awesome here. My co workers are fun and a pretty good management team.The only challenge is being away from your family on weekends and major holidays.
productive work place
Assistant Manage/ Compliance Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 24, 2016
come in with a smile on my face and a great attitude.
manage 12 dispatcher's and make sure they are assisting their driver's correctly.
learning to make the customers happy and satisfy with their delivery.
the hardest part of the job is making sure that all 400 drivers can get all deliveries made to the customers satisfactory!
making sure work place is fun and outgoing but also making sure the job gets done!
to interact with customers and also making sure customers are satisfy with their delivery.
Not the best place to work.
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXNovember 1, 2015
Systems and directives are very unorganized. Must be willing to accept low compensation, poor scheduling, and minimal opportunity for advancement.
Good working environment.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC 28208March 15, 2016
Fast pace working environment, very professional. Shift consist of at least 8 hours daily. Very good management personnel.
Productive and fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Seffner, FLMay 26, 2016
Working for Rooms to Go was a great experience. Typical day at rooms to go would be taking incoming calls and making outgoing calls to different customers with different questions or problems. Management was great with great incentives for employees.Really learned what customer service is by dealing with different personalities both with customer and co-workers.
The most enjoyable day of my job
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Brookshire, TXJune 16, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my job is interaction with customers and learning more skills to obtain a easier way to make the job go easier. A typical day of work is working with customers and other co-workers to get everything done we have to get done before the close. I learned how to operate machinery and organizing product from day to day.
Good retail place to work
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXJanuary 26, 2016
RTG is a very organized, systematic, successful retail business. All sales associates have ongoing training. Management is good and knowledgeable and adheres to the polices in place.
Cons
Split days off
Worst job I ever had
Office Associate/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Brookshire, TXJuly 13, 2016
Poor management and horrible work environment. Would not advise anyone to work for this company. It was the worst experience of my life. Never ever wanna work for a retail furniture store ever. Bad hours, bad pay rate, horrific management in the business office. Was glad to get out.
Pros
Cons
Low payrate, bad management, etc.
Picking orders
Customer Pick Up Associate (Current Employee) –  Pearl River, LAOctober 10, 2015
Not fun work place with non supportive management To much of red tape and politics. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my coworkers.
Productive, labor intensive, and steady paced
Lift Operator (Current Employee) –  Brookshire, TXMay 17, 2016
-everyday is steady
-management is respectful and aware of the labor
-different kinds of cultures and individuals
-depending on work area my be required earlier than others
-large warehouse lots of walking if not using a lift
Cons
May require manditory days on days off, labor intensive
good co-works
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 3, 2016
assemble furniture ready for delivery
I learn a lot about furniture
management needs help
good co-works
need to find management for help
have good co-work to work with
Pros
good co-workers
Cons
short breaks
Productive and fun work place
Office Assistant/Clerk (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 11, 2016
The management is awesome, everyone gets a long, communication amongst everyone is very strong, a normal work day is very very fast paste with little to no down time.