ROOMS TO GO

ROOMS TO GO Employer Reviews

bad job
Salesman (Former Employee), san antonio/TxOctober 19, 2014
9 am till 7 pm
nice team but bad management.
good co-workers
learned to be professional with costumer service.
I enjoyed working with this company
After 4 years at a company
Sales consultant for a furniture company (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 15, 2014
I give a sad rating for RTG don't work there. The management is hard about policy.The district manager is a micro- manager as well. there only 5 days you can have as a sick day for the whole year. The customer service and delivery is hit and miss at best. The work environment is one constant meetings and no time for family.
Regular day in the ware house
Warehouse employee (Former Employee), Swanee, GaOctober 15, 2014
It was fast pace warehouse work. The warehouse was hot but I had to stay consistent. It took between three to five minutes to wrap each piece of furniture. It was a cool job too bad it was thru a temp service.
overall decent for short periods of time
OFFICE ASSISTANT (Current Employee), Newnan, GAOctober 13, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: drama
on average there is more drama than necessary. benefits are really great but management could use some work on equality of all employees
great job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCOctober 1, 2014
Office assistants do alot of work but they do not compensate for the work
Senior Network Engineer (Former Employee), Seffner, FLSeptember 22, 2014
Great environment with average to below average pay.

People there are great and they are flexible with life events.

Management is average, a little scattered
BY FAR THE WORST ORGANIZATION I HAVE WORKED FOR
Clerical/Coordination (Current Employee), Seffner, FLSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: convenient location
Cons: company values and lack thereof for employee
Company values are lacking across the board. Work environment is poor leading to high turnover mainly due to poor leadership. Compensation is not competitive; benefits are substandard in part due to a lack of choices and cost structure. PTO is minimal and below average holidays are offered. Vacation does not escalate for 10 years leading to work / life – more... imbalance. Communication, organization, processes and software all need a complete overhaul but organization is unwilling to invest time or funds. Management is unwilling to consider new ideas and processes. Location is convenient when commuting from longer distances and a small holiday bonus is offered. – less
good job to work for .
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee), 9901 west broad richmond vaSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: no dust and it was a/c
To come in the am to clean store first , then hand out work detail to others . unload trucks as they come in with bedding and on Fridays unload truck check in and put together what needs to go out on the floor . I learned how to manage people better , the people I worked with are great . the hardest thing was when 2 people could not get it done in a – more... timely matter I had to do it myself but I love doing it just to show them it could be done . – less
Great workplace, awesome managers, Oustanding system
Porter (Former Employee), Stafford, TXAugust 29, 2014
Pros: 1hr lunches, great benefits, guaranteed 40 hrs per week, 7 days vaction every 6 months
Cons: paid bi-weekly, should have at least 3 more personal days per year
A typical day for me at Rooms To Go consist of quite a bit. I was responsible for selecting furniture orders, speaking to and directing customers when assistance was needed, maintaining the cleanliness of the showroom, patching and painting the showroom walls, hanging new pictures and positioning art. Also we would have a delivery truck come in once – more... every week, sometimes twice. We would unload the truck and devote 12 hours out of our day to assemble furniture. Sometimes we would finish before 12 hours was up and sometimes we would go over 12 hours, depending on the size of the truck.

It was awesome though. I learned quite a bit, working for Rooms to Go. The managers were awesome but my General Manager was amazing. That man hired me and I worked for him for 3 successful years. He showed me the ins and outs of the business and not only how to be a great and honest worker but how to be a man.

My co workers were pretty decent. It's just like working at any other place though. You have a variety of people that you're working with. A lot of different personalities that you encounter. But it was good because everyone treated each other as family.

The hardest part of the job was trying to meet the deadline of completing the truck that we would receive every week.

What was most enjoyable about the job was fixing pieces of furniture that were damaged. I loved the challenge, especially when no one else knew what to do. – less
Good job if you like bad managment.
Tugger operator (Former Employee), Pearl River, LAAugust 22, 2014
Pros: bonuses, free thanksgiving meals, crawfish boils
Cons: unfair workloads, bad managment, uncaring bosses
I worked for rooms to go for almost 3 years. I LOVED working at rooms to go until i realized they don't care about their employees at all.
productive
A1 Temp Service (Former Employee), Lakeland, FlAugust 21, 2014
Pros: no lunches
Cons: long breaks
Always working on something new. I've learned that some co-workers may not know what to do so its always good to help them out. I never got to know the manager because they were always on the floor working as well. The hardest part of the job is wrapping furniture because if you mess up you have to rewrap. The most enjoyable part is loading trucks.
Challenge yourself every day
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Brookshire, TXAugust 20, 2014
Pros: great benifits
Cons: work on holidays
Working in a commission sales floor can be very stressful but I change it everyday. I see my self as a consultant not as a sales associate. I am there to give the best buying decision for a customer to push the customer to buy on something that they do not need. Working there is a challenge for everyone. which I personally love to take a challenge every – more... single day. – less
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Seffner, FLAugust 7, 2014
I have learned so much over the years, my co-workers are the best and the company is great to work for.
Stable work environment
Retail Sales (Current Employee), Grand Prairie, TXAugust 7, 2014
Pros: work hours
Cons: running out of product
I have been with Rooms To Go for 10 years. My typical day is busy and productive. My co-workers on the whole are easy to work with and make my job more enjoyable. e
A productive company that you will learn something new everyday with.
Office Manager (Former Employee), Grapevine, TXAugust 5, 2014
Pros: discounted furniture
Cons: raises
RTG is a fun place to work while there is a lot of multitasking that goes on. There are several different kinds of personalities that you must learn to be able to balance your day with. The customer's are for the most part fun to deal with. The Best part of it all is knowing that one can come in mad and leave happy.
productive workplace
Shop associate (Former Employee), Mobile, ALJuly 28, 2014
Pros: summer vacations
Cons: harsh enviornment
workdays was long cause they was 10 hour shifts. There was summer vacations and they gave out thanksgiving turkeys every year.
Fast paced environment
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), South CarolinaJuly 23, 2014
Pros: sales driven
Cons: slow periods of the year
The job was sales based and persuasion played a factor with dealing with customers and being able to understand their needs and wants.
A good job for job for in-between jobs!
associate (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLJuly 22, 2014
Used to be a great place everyone couldnt wait to go to work. Now days management make there own rules. Plus its really hot!!! But benifits are really good and hours are good.
Diverse Enviroment
Receptionist/ Office Associate (Current Employee), Houston txJuly 17, 2014
Pros: room for growth
Cons: short lunch breaks
A typical day at work is up and down extremly fast and then very slow.
I have learned to be open to new ideas and challenges.
My CO-WORKERS ARE FUN.
ok workplace
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLJuly 16, 2014
little to no potential for advancement. lacks structure and poor organization for daily work

1 2 3 4 5

About ROOMS TO GO

Need that sofa, recliner, table, and lamp in a hurry? Rooms To Go -- with more than 150 stores in 10┬ásouthern states and Puerto – Read more