ROOMS TO GO

ROOMS TO GO Employer Reviews

Poor Integrity
Office Associate (Former Employee), Grapevine, TXMarch 13, 2015
Pros: good pay, benefits, room for advancement.
Cons: you will most likely work with a bunch of sleazy used car salesmen.
Picture for a moment a stereotypical 'Image' of a 'Used Car Salesman'. Someone who will lie through your teeth to get a sale or undermine their peers. Those are the majority of sales associates I worked with at Rooms To Go. Being an office worker/customer service rep I often found myself cleaning up their messes. Whether it was blatant lies to the customer or promises they did not follow through on. I could list on one hand the number of honest, hard working associates with integrity that I worked with. The rest were all hustlers and con men.

As for the management? I found myself disappointing with the amount of leeway that was given to every infraction I brought to the managers attention. Or that my office manager brought to the store managers attention. It became rather clear after the first month that as long as you made your quotas. The store manager would let you get away with lies, empty promises, and constant breaking or bending of company policies.

That said everything else about the company was legitimate. Good benefits, more or less 9 to 5 work hours. Decent pay and room for advancement within the company.
Hard working and fast paced environment
Returns Manager (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 12, 2015
Overall a good company. Warehouse operations moving out of market within next year. Many job functions to complete with decreasing workforce. Growth into management positions is available for hard working individuals. You will work more than 50-60 hours in most salaried positions. Good benefit packages are available after 90 days of employment.
Great people to lead.
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 11, 2015
Pros: great employees!
Cons: long hours and no advancement.
Very long hours. I learned to manage my time more effectively. Management was not accessible at times. The hardest part of the job was working 16 hours a day.
Working at Rooms to Go
Programming Analyst/ Helpdesk Support (Former Employee), tampa floridaMarch 11, 2015
Pros: 8-5 work schedule
Cons: false promises
I began working at Rooms to go in October 2014 as a contractor for hire. In December 2014 I was told by recruiting service and the company Manager that I would be offered a permanent position in January 2015. It came and went no offer than in February 2015 was told again by Recruiter and Manager that I would be hired on soon. Still nothing in May of 2015 I was working on a Friday the weekend of Memorial Day and was ask to Work that Saturday and I gladly accepted , However an hour until it was time for me to clock out for the day the manager asked me into the office and stated that I was not a fit for the company, because of some health problems my child had with prior knowledge that my child had suffered a traumatic brain injury.
Say goodbye to your personal life.
office assistant (Current Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: nice co workers
Cons: work every saturday and nights, gossip, hours
As an office assistant you're doing everything!! This job has the wrong title, it's working with money and if I knew that I wouldn't have applied. Training isn't good. They throw too much at you so you won't remember. They try to have you open and close the store when you barely know anything the 2nd week. You will work every saturday so get used to it and your whole life will be with this company. You might get scheduled 7-9 days in a row. The pay is poor for all the work thrown at us. I wouldn't recommend this company or atleast this position because it's not what you think it is.
Worst Company I Had Ever Worked`
Customer Service (Former Employee), Seffner, FLFebruary 16, 2015
Worst company, they got bad products, and they spect you to help them save money by not replacing their horrible products just send tech they said.... if you exchange because product was broken and couldnt be fixed they would take your commision.
Great Place for Sales Assoc
Office Manager (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: great health care
Cons: houly wages are not increased
Great people to work with. High call volume and customer service. The best part of the job is being able to keep your customers happy and coming back to purchase more furniture .
Nothing!
Houseman (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCFebruary 11, 2015
Cons: nothing good here
they don't respect the work of the houseman , management all they do is argue with each other in front of staff, $.15 raises every year for back breaking work. I'm presently looking for another job,this job was a waist of my time
Fraud Specialist
Fraud Specialist (Current Employee), Seffner, FLJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: monday -friday
Cons: limited growth
Review all incoming Online Orders and checking them for a stolen Credit Card or Finance order. Also manage two other fraud specialist. It is a good Company but there is no Management Opportunities. I am looking for a Management Position. Possible with a company with growth. Rooms To Go is a good company but it has limited growth.
great working environment
furniture sales (Former Employee), Greensboro,NCJanuary 23, 2015
My only problem became long hours during holidays. 12 hour shifts were mandatory during sale periods. Management was always willing to assist except for the long hours. Part time positions were not available within the company. I was on a sales floor with 22 other sales associates but made a very good income. I never sold furniture prior to Rooms To Go but learned the trade.
Productive and fun place to work at.
Porter/Houseman (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 20, 2015
A typical day for me at work as a porter at rooms to go is enjoyable, from working with my peers to the customers. I could say I definitely learned more communication skills interacting with customers and managers. Hardest part of my job I could say is unloading and putting furniture together by your self at times, but I always accept the challenges and obstacles I have to go through to be successful in my position.
Fast paced
Utilities (Former Employee), Pearl River, LouisianaJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: fast paced, had to think on your feet, never boring
Cons: heat, drive time
The typical work day was fast pased and you had to think on the go with my position. From this i learned what it takes to excell at a job. I worked with the corperate office in the warehouse to remove items that have been set out to go into trucks to be delivered to customers houses. If the order was rescheduled it was my job to physically and electronically move the items to a holding area. It was a job that required me to move and lift a lot as well as move around the whole warehouse. Since i was always on the move management could not follow what i was doing on a daily basis. Thus i was expected to have my work done on time with no supervision. The only issue i had with this job was the heat. It was an unconditioned warehouse in Louisiana heat, which turned the place into a giant oven.
Selling kids furniture
Following up on client sales (Former Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: selling
Cons: alot of required hours were 12 hour days
Honestly this is the only company I did not love working for. I did love the customers and the selling aspect which was the most enjoyable. The hardest part was that most customers were Spanish speaking and I was the only sales person that was not.
Good Place to Work
Inventory Manager (Current Employee), Brookshire, TXDecember 31, 2014
Pros: always busy
Cons: long hours
A fast paced environment. Everyday brings a new challenge.
terrible company with terrible management
lead man, trained employees Loader and Scanner (Former Employee), Suwanee, GADecember 31, 2014
Cons: the management, the sepervisors
I worked there for 16 years and the company is by far the worse place to work. they have a good ole boy system. the good hard working people get screwed over time and time again. while management only promote their friends. they lie to you in your face saying to you that you can move up in the company. they make up rules as they go and don't follow them. and the longer you been there the more they look to get rid of you. and they pay is terrible. you only get a raise after the first 2 or 3 years then after that nothing. the hr department is corrupt. the have supervisors that talk to you like your a dog. simply put it this is not a place for long term employment.
Fun place to work, lots to learn.
Shipping Associate (Current Employee), PRDecember 28, 2014
Pros: unused sick day pay bonus, healthcare
Cons: to much duties for one person.
It's a nice place to work, lots of duties and responsibility. I've learned all-round warehouse duties. The management it's manageable. Co-workers are awesome, very into team work and getting the job done. The hardest part of the job would be the pay, no so good considering all the hard work that is has to be done. The most enjoyable part would be to work with good co-workers and the joy of the hard work.
Fun Place to Work but Long Hours
Manager (Former Employee), Metairie, LADecember 18, 2014
Very great to work however manager had to work every weekend.
Rooms To Go is your life.
Lift Operator (Former Employee), Arlington, txDecember 12, 2014
You are forced to come in hours early and then have no idea when your allowed to leave and management refuses to tell you when your able to leave. You end up being forced to stay 3+ hours past your scheduled shift at the threat of losing your job. People got hurt constantly there.
creatively free work environment for all types of personalities
sales associate (Former Employee), Arlington, TXDecember 2, 2014
Pros: good advertising would bring in sales traffic, sales transactions were easy to complete
Cons: long hours with minimal down time, different management styles with each their own stipulations, sometimes varying per associate and changing of rules based not on regulations but moods or stress
days were established by shifts begining daily with a meeting. an 'up board' system is used to give equal chances to each sales associate to have a sales opportunity. managers were available to handle any manager required tasks mostly. the co-workers varied in personality and made the 'down time' go quickly, just the mix of personalities made this also the fun part of the job. usually each shared their experience with the other associates so we could emphathise and learn from their input. the hardest part of the job was standing and working open to close on heavy sale days, almost non stop walking and talking to the customers. the most enjoyable part of the job was getting to constantly know new people, customers, you never knew what could occur, each was an adventure and some gave great opportunity to the entire team to assist in varying situations.
Daily routine
INSURANCE SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), GANovember 24, 2014
Making deadlines and dealing with advertising department

1 2 3 4 5

About ROOMS TO GO

In 1991, Rooms To Go started by opening two stores in Orlando, Florida, bringing to customers a new way to buy furniture - a simplified – Read more

ROOMS TO GO Salaries