Rooms To Go

Rooms To Go Employee Reviews

Picking orders
Customer Pick Up Associate (Current Employee) –  Pearl River, LAOctober 10, 2015
Not fun work place with non supportive management To much of red tape and politics. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my coworkers.
Top furniture company, competitive salary, enjoyable environment
sales (Former Employee) –  Panama City Beach, FLOctober 4, 2015
Top furniture company in the South, with good benefits and commission rates, but extensive hours. I loved working with customers and selling furniture. I also enjoyed my fellow team and the beautiful showroom we had. I was top sales person for both of the full years I worked there, selling over 1.2 million in sales a year.
The best company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Seffner, FLSeptember 10, 2015
This is the best company to work for. Very clean environment, treats their employees with the most up right respect. Everyone was very helpful and all around a great company.
Pros
honored their customer service resp
Very demanding job of construction and assembly of inside of the store
store clerk (Former Employee) –  Mayagüez Puerto RicoSeptember 3, 2015
A typical day at job was as a warehouse employee and store clerk before the opening of the store. It was a physically demanding job unloading trucks, goods and installing the furniture.
Pros
near my house
Cons
Not an opportunity of advance, very physically demanding job
Great Company
Sales Professional - Rooms To Go (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 26, 2015
Great Company to work for . The benefits and job security are awesome here. My co workers are fun and a pretty good management team.The only challenge is being away from your family on weekends and major holidays.
Great company to work for, we care about customers and do everything we can to help in any way possible.
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  FloridaAugust 16, 2015
I would love to say I consider Rooms To Go as a family, it is my own little family outside home, they are always so very welcoming, with happy faces, managers are not just managers they are mentors and always do everything in their power to help customers as well as our sales representatives; I have learned that you should always give your all, there's always new things to learn you just have to be willing to try, there is no I cant you just have to believe in yourself and give yourself the opportunity to open new doors. The hardest part of the job is dealing with really angry customers but in at the end of the day the most enjoyable part is to see their faces when they see you trying everything in your power to help and resolve the situation at the moment.
Pros
Breaks in between
Cons
12hr shifts
Stressful work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXJuly 27, 2015
Meeting everyday 1 hr before actual work day began. Daily sales quotas had to be met regardless of the amount of customers per day. Everyone's job wast threatened by management on almost a daily basis.
It Could Be Worse
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJuly 26, 2015
Managements Is Very Unprofessional..
Rude!!
Not Enough Pay even with overtime..
Boring work days and work every weekend..
No room for advacement
Pros
Hours
Cons
Flip Flop Schedule, Bad Management
I would like a job that I know what time I come home at night
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  coconut creek flaJuly 26, 2015
I am a truck Driver for a sub contractor for Rooms To Go for the last 6 years. My duties are to get to work by 6:30 am, I drive up to 20 different residential stops per day or more, deliver and set up the furniture. I work until the truck is empty. 8-12 hrs per day. I then go back to the truck yard. park and unhook my trailer.
Pros
I can drive a truck
Cons
I do not know what time my day ends
Sales
Inside Sales (Furniture) (Former Employee) –  Stafford, TXJuly 20, 2015
long hours and working every holiday and weekends. Must meet sales goals and quotas. Coworkers are fun people. It is a tough job but if you are committed you will do well. Must have a good personality to perform well.
Pros
good money
Cons
long hours and no weekends off
fun workplace
WAREHOUSE STOCKER (Former Employee) –  Houston,TXJuly 20, 2015
Well rounded group of individuals, and easy to work with. Management team really cares about the moral within the workplace.
Pros
Moral and leadership
Cons
not so good turn around
productive work place always alot of overtime
Lift Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXJuly 16, 2015
every day is the same you come in and every day there is trucks unloaded that you have to put away in racks and in inventory, you are accountable to make sure everything scanned into the system correctly
Great place to get my "decorator" feet wet
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  The Colony, TXJuly 1, 2015
When I found my niche, I did mostly occupied stages. Most everything I love about staging homes and really fell in love with re-design. Great certifying program.
Pros
schedule flexability, fellow stagers, exceeding client expectations
Cons
not enough schedule stability
Fun work environment
Kids Sales/Houseman (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 11, 2015
Management was good, variety of coworkers with varying personalities makes for interesting work day, busy days when holidays and special days of the year come around given that it's a sales job
horrible place to work
shipping (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJune 1, 2015
There is to much micromanagement and they are bad at forecasting. They see numbers and are overwhelmed by big numbers. There is no proper leadership training and it is felt in the work environment because there is a lack of professionalism.
Pros
nothing
Cons
they dont care about employees
Good team of employees
warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMay 28, 2015
We all worked together to get the job done. We all knew what to do and how to do it and would help each other. We loaded and unloaded trucks, pulled items and set them up for loading.
Rooms To Go: Don't work there
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  DaytonaMay 17, 2015
I was with Rooms to Go for ten months and I have to say it was the worst job I've ever had. I was in Sales, you get treated like absolute garbage by this company, you get your commission taken at the slightest customer problem, even if it isn't your fault. You have no life, when you work here and I mean NO life, you will work every weekend, every holiday (except Christmas day) and almost every day of the week, 8-12 hours every day.

The management of the store is the worst part about this place, you are forced to meet store quotas, even if the month is painfully slow and no one comes in the store all day, if you don't you get yelled at, if it continues you get fired (I thankfully didn't), if you're having a bad month, the managers will make you feel like you're about to get fired and will constantly be on your back, harassing you, until you fix it, working here make you feel completely unimportant and unvalued. Nothing you do matters and if anything bad happens at all, whether the store's down for the month or if sales numbers are down in general from the day before, it's your fault and the whole staff gets lectured for 45 minutes for something that 99 times out of 100 isn't anyone's fault.

The monthly sales they have are also awful and borderline illegal, they have "coupons" in the flyers they send out, they say things like "Get a whole bedroom set for $420.00" and they make it look like it's for any bedroom set in the store but, it's only for the lowest quality set in the whole store, they have these same deals every month and they have these same "coupons" for many
  more... different items in the store, so everyone comes in expecting a deal and don't get it, who gets yelled at for this outrage? Management? RTG Hotline? No, YOU DO!

Their monthly "sales" are also a joke. Prices change, literally, by 2-15 dollars off the original full price and no, I'm not kidding. Even when you manage to actually sell something, you have to deal with it being out of stock CONSTANTLY. Literally, at any given time, the stores will only have about two of the twenty sets they have in, if it's out of stock, the wait times are ridiculous, usually between 3-5 months until it comes back, how many people do you think wait that long? That's right! ZERO. Rooms to Go is the worst place you could ever think to work, if you have any self worth and value spending time with your friends or family and want to actually be happy, at all, don't work here.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, Zero Work-Life Balance, Terrible Management, Long out of stock wait times, Questionable business practices
Warehouse manager
Warehouse Supervisor/ Inventory Control (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 16, 2015
I enjoyed working for rooms to go. I learned what kind of furniture is the best to purchase. I enjoyed the team I work with. It was an over all pleasant experience. The management team and the sale team were like family
Rooms to go
Mover/Helper (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 23, 2015
I enjoyed rooms to go. I learned what kind of furniture to buy and what kind not to buy.My Management sucked
My Co workers were ok
n/a
office assistant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 19, 2015
Pleasant experience I enjoyed the team I work with. It was an over all pleasant experience. The management team and the sale team were like family.