Rooms To Go Employee Reviews

Great company moraility, needs better beneifits and salary
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Seffner, FLAugust 9, 2016
Power hungry Management and the salary were the killers for me with Rooms to go. I was highly dedicated and to going above and beyond and my time wasn't valued. this wasn't Rooms to go fault it was the manager I had.
Pros
m-f, holidays
Cons
healthcare, salary
Production based workload, excellent benefits, seasonal overtime.
Lift Operator (Current Employee) –  Pearl River, LAJanuary 24, 2017
I enjoy the job, but I am unsure if this is the career i want. The department's work together to complete their jobs, the work is production based, and there is a gym in the warehouse for use outside of work hours.
Always on your feet
Furniture Installer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 1, 2017
Depend on the weight of the load would make the day
Learnd how to communicate
Good management
Would be taking furniture upstairs or in apartment
Learning how to communicate with people and assembling furniture
Cons
Short breaks
Slow environment. Fast paced during the holiday and tax season
Retail Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 1, 2016
Overall not a bad place to work. Mostly just sat at front desk waiting for phone to ring or a customer to come in. Couldn't go on the floor unless there was another office Associate present or management was willing to stay around.
Average
CPU Lead (Former Employee) –  Gretna, LANovember 16, 2016
In the it was rooms to go the company is pretty good there is room for improvement in the management department. I would advice any working there just too gain as much knowledge of the company as possible.
Pros
Benfits good vacation
Cons
Its hard to move up because bad decisions by management
Productive envoriment
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GAMarch 1, 2017
When we first get there we gather to have a meeting then stretch arms and legs. After that we head to which ever bay we have to start on. It gets very hot inside there so you can walk to get water. If you have to use the bathroom you have to inform one of your leads that your going tot the bathroom. For the most part if there is a lot of work to do it get stressful if you have co-workers that is slacking cause you cant leave till all the work gets done. Some days its not a lot of work so even if you have co-workers the slack it would be less stressful.
Great place to work at only downside is horrible managers
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GANovember 9, 2016
The only downside are the managers certain managers can get away with almost anything while others are demoted for other things. Overall the experience was okay great benefits. I would have stayed if it wasnt for one manager.
A Typical Day at RTG
Store Porter (Former Employee) –  5071 S, Tamiami Tr, Sarasota, FLFebruary 6, 2017
A typical day for RTG consisted of being available. A porter had to know his daily pickups. This means he or she had to get all furniture sold in the store that day wrapped and ready to go.
This often meant, then, maintaining a sense of readiness and motivation. Our position—there were two of us—made an important customer service link with sales because we were the movers of all items sold and therefore made it possible for these items to be presented to the customer in a professional and friendly manner, not to mention careful.
Pros
Excellent holiday meals
Cons
Too slow at times
excellent place
Office Associate (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GANovember 20, 2016
Rooms to Go is a good company to work for with great opportunities for advancement. The start off pay is pretty decent and I would recommend this company to anyone who is looking for a job.
Working in a furniture store sounds better than it is.
Porter (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, FLNovember 6, 2016
Cleaning bathrooms in the morning, then unless you have something left over from the day before, you go into hurry-up and wait mode, which I used mostly for quickly dusting everything in the store. Truck day was about the same until the truck arrives with 180 pieces of furniture, from power reclining sofas to ugly purple statues, that you must unload, unpack, and place in the showroom.

I learned that not everyone is as clean as my grandmother, regardless of their age. I spent the time either immediately before or after my lunch break cleaning up after 4 salespeople, 1 office manager, and 1 manager who all had 20+ years on me.

The hardest part of this job physically, is lowering 500lb sofas from a truck 4 1/2 ft off the ground.

The most enjoyable part of any job. Going home on Friday with money for food.
Pros
Relaxed work place (most of the time), flexible schedules
Cons
Getting supplies
It's a productive workplace
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 14, 2016
Everyday is a learning experience. It's a great company to work for and you meet different people everyday which is amazing. Management team are great they help everyone out as they can.
productive and fun
Office Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 7, 2016
It is a great place to work at. They have great management that help you out when needed . and helps the employees out a lot. They pay you vacation and holidays.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
working weekedns
contract work
DELIVERY DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 25, 2017
• Performed pre-trip, en-route and post-trip inspection of vehicle
• Recorded cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel expenditure
• Maintain Planned trip logistics and obtained necessary documents to transport goods
• Loaded and unloaded cargo
• Ensured cargo is secured properly compliant with safety requirements
• maintained log books
• Followed all appropriate traffic laws
• Reported serious mechanical problems to the managers
• Kept truck and associated equipment tidy and in good working order
Overall an okay place to work at.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  N/ADecember 2, 2016
Overall the atmosphere is great. Certain managers had it there way got away with alot of things since they were all up upper managers butts. Great benefits though.
Mediocre work environment with great people.
Wrapper (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLAugust 10, 2016
At Rooms To Go, I would get to work the manage would give us a summary of what we are doing that day. We would then proceed to the doors we are assigned to and begin working. Some of the management at Rooms To Go is great. Honestly I believe the best part of Rooms To Go are the people you work with. The hardest part of the job isn't the work, it is actually the heat you are working in. The most enjoyable part of Rooms To Go is the relationships you form with your co-workers.
An established company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GASeptember 8, 2016
Very good Growth Potential, great benefits and excellent compensation.. It was a diverse environment that captivated a vast range of nationalities
Pros
Lots of businesss
Cons
extended hours
Enjoyable workplace but compensation isn't that good
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 13, 2016
Enjoyable workplace but compensation isn't that good. There's a lot to do sometimes, but the work isn't very difficult at all.
Perserverance To Go
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAAugust 8, 2016
If you are a confident individual then you can pretty much sell anything! This job requires confidence and lots of energy! You need to be packed with perseverance and a desire to be better each day! If considered for this position, I would try to give it at least 6 months before giving up. It takes awhile to develop a sales technique that works for you.
Pros
Not stressful, high sense of autonomy, and great management.
Cons
Mandatory weekends and some holidays.
Rooms To Go
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLSeptember 15, 2016
A typical day at work at Rooms To Go is easy overall but as the time passes by the work seems a lot longer and the warehouse gets hotter! But other than that the coworkers are good people, I enjoy working with them on a daily basis; As far as management goes, they're good as long as you stay on top of your job and do what you have to do while your on the clock!
Great retail establishment
Home Furnishing Consultant (Current Employee) –  TexasJuly 1, 2016
Great company. Ongoing training. Challenging opportunity. Management ok. Micromanagement environment.Paid upon delivery of merchandise sold.
Pros
Great Salary
Cons
Weekends mandated

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rooms To Go. Our community is ready to answer.