Roosevelt University Employee Reviews

Productive and relaxed environment
INSTITUTE FOR SOCIAL JUSTICE RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 10, 2017
Mostly Administrative Assistant work
answer phone calls, filling information, transcribing focus groups and meetings etc. sending out emails. Participating in off campus activities
Pros
Relaxed, stress free, able to pick your own schedule
Cons
Can be a bit tedious at times
Productive and soothing workplace.
Concert Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 10, 2017
A typical day at works requires me to set up a table and put advertisements of the school on the table. I also have to fold the programs cor the night and hand them out to people as they come in. I have to keep count of all the people who are coming in. Overall, It's a pretty cool job and I get to enjoy the music.
Pros
Free Performances
Cons
No Breaks
OK place to work with OK everything
Campus Safety Officer and Trainer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 3, 2017
Roosevelt is basically average when it comes to any given area of evaluation (pay, benefits, job culture, etc.) It's a good place in some ways, but because of financial pressure, many cuts have been made, and people are constantly worried about job security. It lacks some of the perks that large and more financially secure universities have (e.g., people to handle specific tasks--many employees are left doing the work of two or three people for no more pay).
Making sure children are educated
Assistant I (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 12, 2017
I was able to work with a great group of people from a high school and several elementary schools, by working with parents, teachers, principals and other people in the community to ensure they were provided with work shops, field trips to colleges, trainings and other events. This program just didn't meet the need of the children we served, but we also worked with parents to ensure they finished their high school diploma and assisted them into finding a college to go too.
Pros
Helping families
Cons
It was a federal funded programs, so therefore positons can be cut
Part Time Student Worker
Audio Visual Tech Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILMarch 7, 2017
Worked around your school schedule, which was perfect for if you are graduating. Maximum number of hours can not exceed 12 a week. Very easy to do. Opportunity to complete homework.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
none i can think of
Top Flight Mission Driven Institution
Associate Professor & Director, Teacher Leadership (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 4, 2017
Roosevelt is special. Truly surrounded by academics who are passionate about their research interests AND the interests of their classroom learners. Unfortunately, enrollment is decreasing and difficult choices will need to be made soon about the continuation of certain programs. Really a Chicago gem though.
An institution with an important mission and a history of fulfilling it.
Program Administrator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 1, 2016
Working at Roosevelt University has been a very positive and sustaining experience which has included many of the major accomplishments of my professional career.
Profeessional
Payroll Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 29, 2016
Working well with others and or alone and meet daily deadlines. Daily perplexities may arise in the life of human Resource and Payroll. Confidentiality is always essential. I enjoy solving any and al issues and positive and productive employee service is always a great reflection of the company when representing.
Great place to work with futuristic views and movement towards social justice.
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 13, 2016
I work as a receptionist / office assistant and it has been a great experience thus far. The office are busy and the people still make time to be friendly and thoughtful
Productive place with great professionals
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 14, 2016
I do love the environment I work in, my co-workers are friendly and helpful, more resembling of a family.
Usual day at work is quite busy, because of multiple tasks that have to be solved by the end of the day (phone calls, emails, on-boarding sessions for students who were just hired, different workshops and seminars preparations), but overall when the day is over you leaving the working space with feeling of great satisfaction.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Short breaks
Productive and fun workplace
Student Caller (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 3, 2016
We would play games in-between calls. The only difficult part was dealing with the customers themselves. Other than that, the experience was enjoyable.
Always something to do, as it should be
Financial Aid Counselor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 15, 2016
I am currently working for Roosevelt University as a financial aid counselor where I enjoy helping students navigate through the financial aid process.

As I explain the process, I educate the student/parent on loan, scholarship and grant eligibility as well as the student’s responsibility with regard to making satisfactory academic progress. I certify Parent PLUS and private loan applications via ELMNet online. I also communicate with students via e-mail, phone and on walk-in basis, paying close attention to those selected for verification by the Department of Education in an effort to collect and review documents and report corrections when necessary.
Great University
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 7, 2016
Great University with great teachers and classmates. Enjoyed all my classes and the view in the downtown wabash building can't be beat. Recommend for any individual wanting to attend this university. Offer great student jobs depending on your preferences.
Pros
Great location and campus
Cons
Long drive for some student
Productive and organized environment
Office of the University Librarian / Researcher (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 5, 2016
I enjoyed working in the Library of Roosevelt University. Everyday I learned so much in regards to education. I also learned about the numerous ways students with low resources, could fund their education.
Comfortable timings, and working with professors - good lace to learn
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 26, 2016
* on a typical day cluster gets overloaded and some of the systems shutdown due to various problems fixing them and adding them back to cluster so that professor can continue his class with out interruption, was fun to.

* hard part of job is when i had to format 80 systems, not that there were difficulties, it was little boring ...

* fun part is grouping them to a cluster and having remote access to my personal laptop.

* I worked alone in the server for the first 1 year then had a co-worker who was helpful.
Pros
Task in given time, so if i can finish early, i can go home with full pay.
Cons
Sometime on special request had to stay little longer and finish given task.
Executive Summary
Adjunct faculty (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 16, 2016
Accomplished manager and consultant with strong Fund Raising, Strategic Planning and Leadership achievements. Experienced working with boards, CEOs, and other executives in the management in both for and non-profit organizations. Excellent communicator, writer, and presenter. MBA with university appointments
Math tutor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 12, 2016
I only had a student job but I enjoyed it. The campus culture is fantastic and the teachers really do seem to care about what they do.
Laid back but professional
Fundraiser (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 11, 2016
The RU Call Center is a good start to your professional career! The manager is wonderful and I learned great rapport building skills, as well as closing techniques and negotiating tactics.
Nice place to work
ADMINISTRATIVE SECRETARY (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 4, 2016
Nice place to work. People are friendly. Would like to work with them again should I relocate to Illinois. Staff, faculty, and students are a joy to engage.
Great Employee Benefits
Admissions Counselor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 29, 2016
RMU was one of the better places to work for as they used to take care of their employees through career development, continuous training and employee appreciation. Not sure if they continue this practice as I have seen many employees leave.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Roosevelt University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4