Roosevelt University Employee Reviews in United States

Comfortable timings, and working with professors - good lace to learn
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 26, 2016
* on a typical day cluster gets overloaded and some of the systems shutdown due to various problems fixing them and adding them back to cluster so that professor can continue his class with out interruption, was fun to.

* hard part of job is when i had to format 80 systems, not that there were difficulties, it was little boring ...

* fun part is grouping them to a cluster and having remote access to my personal laptop.

* I worked alone in the server for the first 1 year then had a co-worker who was helpful.
Pros
Task in given time, so if i can finish early, i can go home with full pay.
Cons
Sometime on special request had to stay little longer and finish given task.
Executive Summary
Adjunct faculty (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 16, 2016
Accomplished manager and consultant with strong Fund Raising, Strategic Planning and Leadership achievements. Experienced working with boards, CEOs, and other executives in the management in both for and non-profit organizations. Excellent communicator, writer, and presenter. MBA with university appointments
Great University
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 7, 2016
Great University with great teachers and classmates. Enjoyed all my classes and the view in the downtown wabash building can't be beat. Recommend for any individual wanting to attend this university. Offer great student jobs depending on your preferences.
Pros
Great location and campus
Cons
Long drive for some student
Roosevelt University
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 14, 2016
Productive work environment that help me advance my social and people skills. I worked with many different types of people between 18-30 range. I learned the different ways that people learn and how to adjust on my feet based off the environment. Its a very hands on job that taught me responsibility and proper management skills.
Pros
Communication skills, hands on environment
Cons
pay, hours cut
Productive and organized environment
Office of the University Librarian / Researcher (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 5, 2016
I enjoyed working in the Library of Roosevelt University. Everyday I learned so much in regards to education. I also learned about the numerous ways students with low resources, could fund their education.
Great Employee Benefits
Admissions Counselor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 29, 2016
RMU was one of the better places to work for as they used to take care of their employees through career development, continuous training and employee appreciation. Not sure if they continue this practice as I have seen many employees leave.
Wonderful academic environment for students obtaining their degree
Peer-Career Counselor (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILFebruary 26, 2016
Pleasant employees, great training and an overall wonderful place to work while attending classes. Roosevelt University is committed to the advancement of Social Justice, Multiculturalism and respect for all.
Positive Academic Environment
Peer-Career Counselor (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILFebruary 26, 2016
Currently promoted to be the Peer-Career Counselor while going to school at Roosevelt University. Assist students with resumes, interviewing skills, networking, degree decisions, career goals and anything related to Career Development.
Laid back but professional
Fundraiser (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 11, 2016
The RU Call Center is a good start to your professional career! The manager is wonderful and I learned great rapport building skills, as well as closing techniques and negotiating tactics.
Fun workplace
First Stop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILMarch 17, 2016
I enjoyed working with everyone. Everyone was friendly and helpful.I was only there for a short time as a student worker, but it was a positive and beneficial experience.
Pros
Easy to manage workload.
Cons
No free coffee
Friendly environment, with flexible scheduling and work hour
Research Mathematician, NSF- STEP (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 12, 2015
Most of my work and research was done at home. I met with my supervisor once a week to give research update and inform her of issues I was having and to get her insight on the project. She only offered tips to help me find possible solutions to my problems and to offer guidance, otherwise I had free range over all reporting decisions and research topics.
Pros
Fun, flexible, independent work. Challenging.
Cons
Short term
it is a nice company to work for
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 1, 2016
i have done research, tutored and been a student ambassador for this university, every job i have done for them, has been a good experience, everyone is very friendly and understanding
Nice place to work
ADMINISTRATIVE SECRETARY (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 4, 2016
Nice place to work. People are friendly. Would like to work with them again should I relocate to Illinois. Staff, faculty, and students are a joy to engage.
Resident Advisor
Resident Advisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 6, 2016
Love working here with this amazing staff! it is a great place to work because the professional staff have a passion for higher Ed and utilize their skills to improve living on campus.
Math tutor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 12, 2016
I only had a student job but I enjoyed it. The campus culture is fantastic and the teachers really do seem to care about what they do.
Excellent place to gain experience
Desktop Support HD Agent (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 17, 2015
I worked at Roosevelt Universities Financial Aid Office, Help Desk center and IT department. I have to say it is a great place to gain experience of all kinds. The number one thing you will learn working here at any job in costumer service. Now You may think that, it isn't important to learn such a skill, but if you think about it, you'll realize that most of not all jobs are in many ways costumer service oriented. I would recommend working here to any student or anyone who is just simply looking for a place to work and learn some things to take with them in their future career endeavors.
Work Study program at grad school
Concert Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 9, 2016
worked evenings, little pay, exposure to different genres of music in my field, very enjoyable job, co-workers other students, enjoyed meeting new people
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 30, 2015
Working for Roosevelt (Mathematics and Actuarial Science Dept.) is a great joy. I work with the students everyday and assist them with a variety of questions concerning their math class. With everyone having common or similar goals of helping the students further understand math makes working here all the more enjoyable. The hardest part of my job would be seeing a student not work to the best of their ability, knowing that they have so much potential while trying to bring it out of them but they have to also want to be great just as much as you know they can be. Roosevelt (Mathematics and Actuarial Science Dept.) has an awesome staff that allows you to communicate common issues and help find the answers.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Overview
Financial Analyst/ Assistant Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 1, 2015
Roosevelt University is a great school and they culture of the comapny is good. As long as enrollment is high then you shouldn't have to worry about your job security.
fun place to work
Administration Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 19, 2015
A typical day of work would be at my computer. what I learned was better customer service for students.. I loved working under my manager.My co-workers were my friends and sometimes classmates.The hardest part of my job nothing. Being at school was the most enjoyable part for me.
Pros
Meeting new peoples learning new skills
Cons
low pay

4.4