About the Opportunity
Responsible for overseeing the customer service department and ensuring the company or corporation delivers the highest level of customer service possible. Supervises agents, trains, coaches, and mentors team of 4 customer service employees.
- Responsible for strengthening the relationship between Root Candles and its retailers and churches to enhance sales.
- This position will have both internal and external responsibilities and will be required to have very strong relationships with customers and internal stakeholders.
- It will oversee the customer relationships for both the Root Consumer business and the Root Church business
Responsible for the total order entry process assuring that it is easy for both the sales person and customer, that it is accurate and efficient for Root, and that it maximizes the sales opportunity. This includes responsibility for the complete order cycle:
- Order entry
- Order confirmation
- Order shipping and tracking information
- Issue resolution
The position is expected to use both sound personnel management skills and new technology to enhance the overall Root experience for customers.
- Oversee the implementation of technology that:
oCreates suggested orders (what items complement items that are already being purchased)
oCreates order histories to help accounts place appropriate reorders and not miss sales
oCommunicates key information related to Root products, programs or services to both existing and new accounts (e-mail marketing)
- Actively engage in all technological implementation that affects Root’s communication with its customers.
- Through cross training, balance the workload within and across the department on a continuing basis assuring that customers are serviced well during peak periods.
- Assume leadership in identifying key measures of service and then track results over time to achieve improvement. Assure that Root’s interaction with its customers helps give it a competitive advantage in the market.
Essential Responsibilities/Functions -External Focus
- Develop channel specific service initiatives to target existing and new accounts and to expand relationships with the company’s most important customers.
- Collaborate with the outside sales team to effectively cover Root church and retail accounts
- Help sales identify “lost accounts” for specific targeting
oCustomers who previously ordered but have not re-ordered.
oMissing orders – which accounts have not yet ordered
- Play a key role in the sales and account management process:
oManage leads. Track and follow up through CRM
oAct as a liaison with sales management for both the church and decorative businesses
oWork closely with marketing and sales to execute targeted e-marketing and telemarketing campaigns to build sales
oAssist in meeting or exceeding company sales growth objectives
- Minimum 2 years experience as a Customer Service Manager in a service oriented position or industry
- 4 year degree from an accredited institution or the work equivalent
- Strong communication skills and an ability to handle difficult customer issues while maintaining a calm demeanor
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and respond to urgent requests in a timely manner
- Ability to operate independently and manage people effectively through a period of substantial change
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams in a matrix environment with all levels of personnel
- Experience using Customer Relationship Management software (1-2 years)
- Proven, documented success as a Customer Service Manager (2 year minimum)
- Possess telephone sales skills
- Posses strong relationship skills
- Posses strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with PC and Microsoft products, email, word, excel, and others
Compensation and Benefits
A.I. Root offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive selection of benefit options including 401(k).
Conditions of Employment
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of drug screen and background checks.
Since 1869, Root Candles of Medina, Ohio, has been an industry-leading, family-owned company renowned for innovative ideas, aesthetic enhancements and the highest standards of quality. Now in its fifth generation, the Root family continues to extol the virtues of honesty, integrity, and diligent craftsmanship. These qualities were exemplified by Root Candles founding father and American original, Amos Ives Root.
This tradition of excellence, along with a genuine commitment to customer satisfaction and service, defines and fuels Root’s strong brand loyalty today. Root Candles devotion to purity, honesty and quality is renowned. Each Root candle is carefully handcrafted using processes mastered through five generations of craftsmanship combined with the latest in manufacturing technologies. The results are pure and simple: Root Candles are highly regarded for complex bouquets of subtle fragrances and sophisticated color palettes, important factors for discerning candle lovers.
Today, Root Candles can confidently lay claim to making "The Best Candles in America, Made in America Since 1869." http://www.rootcandles.com