Roper St. Francis Healthcare Employee Reviews

I enjoyed working with the other candy stripers.
Candy Striper (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJanuary 20, 2017
The patients there where I worked were sweet people. I enjoyed delivering flowers, mail and talking with them. Working at Roper as a Volunteer it gave me a chance to interact with patients, working on the rehab floor taking the patients to their activities
Good work environment, patient focused hospital. Excellent cardiac department.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCDecember 18, 2016
Good hospital, not the most progressive when it comes to nursing staff. Some of the facilities are in need of renovation as they are outdated.
Fun Place to work
Supervisor Financial Services (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCDecember 14, 2016
I was with Roper St Francis for 8 years and the people were great. However management and communication was horrible. It is very hard to advance in this company if you dont know the right people. I advanced 3 times but I have seen other employees not advance because they were not liked by management.
Great benefits//pay
Health Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCOctober 28, 2016
The system as a whole great, but the depart I worked in was very unprofessional, unorganized and the supervisors played favorites. I would recommend the company just not the call center.
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
Favoritism, lackluster training, unpersonable manager
Enjoyed my time
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 23, 2016
I enjoyed my time with the company. Would have stayed but I relocated. Great benefits and nice place to work. Great city also
great place for employment
Medical Technologist (ASCP) (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCAugust 18, 2016
Great place to work! I would return there in the future. Management
very supportive and co-workers very helpful. The atmosphere was friendly but professional. Training was very informative and new procedures were explained. Questions were answered promptly.
excellent employer and co-workers
RN (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCMarch 22, 2016
I work 12 hr shift 3-4 days a week taking care critically ill patients. I typically have a 3:1 patient ratio and do not have breaks because the patients are very ill. I love my job!!!!
Pros
my co workers
Cons
few breaks
Greatest Job I've had
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Summerville, SCOctober 30, 2015
Working for Roper St. Francis is the best place I have ever worked. They are family oriented, care strongly about their employees, their patients and the quality of healthcare they we offer.

They offer excellent salaries and insurance packages.

We are more like a family then we are co-workers
Pros
Great co-workers, appreciation for good work, yearly raises and 401K matching
Ok
Quality Intern, The Center (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCSeptember 23, 2015
Worked there an intern. Can't speak to how a full time would feel about the company. Didn't get paid, it was free labor.It was fun.
Great Job
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCAugust 2, 2015
Excellent place to work. Great Team. Most enjoyable part of my day was being able to help others. Good Management Team. Learned what people can get accomplished as a Team. Great Team Players
Great Place to work high quality of care.
Emergency Room Nurse (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJuly 31, 2015
Taking care of Level 1-5 ADULT TO PEDIATRIC Including Psychiatric and higher level of care patients that need to be stabilized for transfer of higher of care.
We had a set schedule for our tracks and worked every other holiday depending on what team you are on.
Generally, we all work as a team ideally advocates for great health care. .
I enjoyed most of my colleagues and the doctors
Pros
Free Parking.Benefits for discounts with companies
Cons
Some of the nurses bullying co workers unnecessaryly
Loved my job!
CT Imaging Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJune 6, 2015
This was the first job that I really enjoyed. I worked at the main hospital in downtown Charleston every weekend while I was in nursing school obtaining my LPN. I did everything in my power to stay on but no one would hire a new nurse.
Pros
Benefits while even part time.
Cons
Couldnt advance.
Good place to work for
Physician Billing and Coding (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCApril 16, 2015
I do a variety of things with the billing office.
Accounts receivables, Eligibility , coding, answering phones, working with others and a lot of team work to be a successful department. My manager is a great manager and I like working for her.
Business Manager
Business Manager, Oncology Services (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCMarch 9, 2015
A great place to work. Employees treated as family. Much employee recognition. Little room for advancement of middle management. Executive staff very personable and caring for each employee.
Pros
Working with the community
Cons
Little room for advancement of middle management
Enjoyed being a team member of this employer
Patient Representative / Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCFebruary 14, 2015
Best healthcare provider / employer. Executives, managers, etc will go out of their way to make employees feel welcome, needed, and respected. It feels like a extended part of your family.
CARF certified
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCSeptember 29, 2014
This employer allows me to work weekends only which allows time for my other responsibilities. An awesome place to work.
Excellent Place to Work
System Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCSeptember 25, 2014
Roper St Francis is an excellent place to work, always striving to provide the best care for their patients and staying ahead of the curve.
Gave me a a understanding of a different industry
Radiology Clerk (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCSeptember 8, 2014
 Maintained Patient Records, both Image and Result
 Provided Patients and Physicians with copies of Images and Results as requested
 Assisted Radiologist in Administrative Duties including answering incoming calls from Networked Physicians, hanging films to be read by on staff Radiologist and relaying requests between Radiologist and Radiology Technicians
 Worked closely with the implementation of Digital Imaging and converting/archiving patient films with the McKesson System
Eye opening position
Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCAugust 23, 2014
A typical day in my position involves seeing all patients with no insurance and at times seeing those that have insurance but are under-insured to help seek sponsorship for them . This has been a very eye opening experience for me as I have learned how fortunate I am to have the things in my life that I have (which includes a roof over my head). On the other side of that this also makes that the hardest part of my job.
Certified Medical Assistant-Resource Pool (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCAugust 22, 2014
Great work environment
Management is very flexible
Teamwork display throughout the healthcare system
Interacting with the patients is the most enjoyable part of the job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Roper St. Francis Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3