Roper St. Francis Healthcare

Roper St. Francis Healthcare Employee Reviews in United States

Greatest Job I've had
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Summerville, SCOctober 30, 2015
Working for Roper St. Francis is the best place I have ever worked. They are family oriented, care strongly about their employees, their patients and the quality of healthcare they we offer.

They offer excellent salaries and insurance packages.

We are more like a family then we are co-workers
Pros
Great co-workers, appreciation for good work, yearly raises and 401K matching
Cons
Great Place to work high quality of care.
Emergency Room Nurse (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJuly 31, 2015
Taking care of Level 1-5 ADULT TO PEDIATRIC Including Psychiatric and higher level of care patients that need to be stabilized for transfer of higher of care.
We had a set schedule for our tracks and worked every other holiday depending on what team you are on.
Generally, we all work as a team ideally advocates for great health care. .
I enjoyed most of my colleagues and the doctors
Pros
Free Parking.Benefits for discounts with companies
Cons
Some of the nurses bullying co workers unnecessaryly
Loved my job!
CT Imaging Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJune 6, 2015
This was the first job that I really enjoyed. I worked at the main hospital in downtown Charleston every weekend while I was in nursing school obtaining my LPN. I did everything in my power to stay on but no one would hire a new nurse.
Pros
Benefits while even part time.
Cons
Couldnt advance.
EXCELLENT place to work!
RSFH staff (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJanuary 27, 2013
I left RSFH to successfully complete nursing school. I did everythig within my power to continue working and attend nursing school, but it just wasn't possible. This is a wonderful not-for-profit organization that is great to both patients and employees. I'd love to work here again someday as a RN.
Pros
morale, salary, patient care, employee incentives
Great Job
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCAugust 2, 2015
Excellent place to work. Great Team. Most enjoyable part of my day was being able to help others. Good Management Team. Learned what people can get accomplished as a Team. Great Team Players
Ok
Quality Intern, The Center (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCSeptember 23, 2015
Worked there an intern. Can't speak to how a full time would feel about the company. Didn't get paid, it was free labor.It was fun.
Business Manager
Business Manager, Oncology Services (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCMarch 9, 2015
A great place to work. Employees treated as family. Much employee recognition. Little room for advancement of middle management. Executive staff very personable and caring for each employee.
Pros
working with the community
Cons
little room for advancement of middle management
Enjoyed being a team member of this employer
Patient Representative / Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCFebruary 14, 2015
Best healthcare provider / employer. Executives, managers, etc will go out of their way to make employees feel welcome, needed, and respected. It feels like a extended part of your family.
Good place to work for
Physician Billing and Coding (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCApril 16, 2015
I do a variety of things with the billing office.
Accounts receivables, Eligibility , coding, answering phones, working with others and a lot of team work to be a successful department. My manager is a great manager and I like working for her.
Great Coworkers - Shortsighted Management
Nursing Staff (Former Employee) –  West AshleyMay 25, 2014
The people that work at St. Francis are there because they care about the patients. The managers are there because they care about maximizing profits, and they do don't care a bit about the patients or the staff. In the end, it's all about being part of the inner circle. If you are - congrats. You no longer have to lift a finger to help heal the sick. It's all about pushing the money up the ladder. They'll let you have your crumbs as long as you tow the party line and help the rich get richer. The second you start thinking about the ugly underbelly, it's time for you to go.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
heathcare as a tool for wealth consolidation
Productive and fun day most of the time.
Materials Tech (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, SCMay 14, 2014
A typical day at work is never typical. The days keep you on your toes and always learning more each day. Since i've been there i've learned inventory management and time management. My co-workers are a joy to be around everyday. The hardest part of the job is getting there for me ( I live 25 miles away). The most enjoyable part of the day is a job well done and assisting the patients.
Gave me a a understanding of a different industry
Radiology Clerk (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCSeptember 8, 2014
 Maintained Patient Records, both Image and Result
 Provided Patients and Physicians with copies of Images and Results as requested
 Assisted Radiologist in Administrative Duties including answering incoming calls from Networked Physicians, hanging films to be read by on staff Radiologist and relaying requests between Radiologist and Radiology Technicians
 Worked closely with the implementation of Digital Imaging and converting/archiving patient films with the McKesson System
Each day is interesting and challenging.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCNovember 17, 2012
I have learned so many interesting aspects in nursing and I continually learn on a day to day basis. Whether it is from the doctors, nurses or patients. I feel very comfortable going right to the top if necessary, our team is very approachable, but we are a Magnet Hospital and we are self governing, so we make a lot of our own rules! The hardest part of the job is when you are unable to accomplish your goals. The most enjoyable part is when other nurses have tried to do something multiple times and I walk in and accomplish it the first time.
Pros
helping to make a difference in a patients life.
Cons
having hours cut.
beautiful hospital with an amazing group of coworkers
RN-ER (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCDecember 27, 2013
Most patients are not at a higher level of acuity at this ER, but we still get a very good number of sick patients. Roper system truly takes care of the patients and not always worrying about the bottom dollar. They are always encouraging further education and providing classes. There are of course, politics just like anywhere else, but overall so impressed with the hospital.
Pros
moderate pay, great coworkers
Cons
no breaks, no lunches, very busy
Overall, great company to work for.
Physician Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJanuary 4, 2014
Enjoy the co-workers and managers. Definitely a lot of work to be done, job security. Difficult sitting at the computer 8-9 hours a day but there is great potential for advancement.
Eye opening position
Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCAugust 23, 2014
A typical day in my position involves seeing all patients with no insurance and at times seeing those that have insurance but are under-insured to help seek sponsorship for them . This has been a very eye opening experience for me as I have learned how fortunate I am to have the things in my life that I have (which includes a roof over my head). On the other side of that this also makes that the hardest part of my job.
Certified Medical Assistant-Resource Pool (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCAugust 22, 2014
Great work environment
Management is very flexible
Teamwork display throughout the healthcare system
Interacting with the patients is the most enjoyable part of the job
The department I worked in had a poor tone and culture.
Lab Tech. (Former Employee) –  Charleston SCFebruary 27, 2014
The management had favorites. I was not one of them even though I learned the job in six months. I loved the actual work but just didn't fit in.
Pros
six months of lab experience.
Cons
poor management.
Productive and busy work schedules, lots of traveling.
MD Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJune 23, 2014
The job was very demanding, learning at a quick pace. Meeting new people from all of the offices had pros and cons. Every office ran on the same system but did the Check In and Check Outs differently.
Pros
learning new operational features on the systems.
Cons
traveling from different offices daily.
Patient Care Tech
PCT (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCAugust 22, 2013
Roper St. Francis Hospital is a Fantastic healthcare system and a Fabulous place to work.
When I arrived on the floor to work my shift we would give detail information of the patient and there needs from me as a PCT. The charting off was a very smooth and beneficial process. It was very patient-centered which I think is important for the patient to be apart of there care.
I would introduced myself to each of the patients I was caring for during my shift and wrote my name on the board as their PCT along with their Nurse and the acting Nursing Supervisor.
l had a varied of responsibilities such as Vitals, Accu-cheks, Bladder scans, EKG’s, Telemetry, Place Condom catheters, Insert and D/C Foleys, In and out Foleys, D/C IV’s, UA specimens, Stool cultures, ADL’s, Reporting off, Charting, Full patient care, obtaining new patient status upon admission, Patient education, Wound care, Medical History, Patient History, and starting IV fusions.
Management was great and very informative and supportive.
I really can not pinpoint anything in particular that was difficult with my job duties and responsibilities. It has always been an honor to help someone and put a smile on there face.
I have always been a people person and always enjoyed working with people and helping them anyway I can; within my scope of practice.
I had plenty of opportunity to participant, assist and work along side the RN's who were extremely pleasant to work with. We were a team and worked well together.
Pros
taking care of patients, helping those in need and putting a smile on someone face. it is amazing, so gratifying job
Cons
cons would include, those who are have lost their compassion for caring for those in need of medical help and support.

4.3