Roper St. Francis Healthcare Employee Reviews

Excellent Benefits and Opportunities
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCOctober 19, 2017
I have been able to complete my masters because of the scholarships and tuition reimbursement offered by Roper St. Francis Healthcare. They allow you to continue the pursuit of higher degrees while working.
Pros
Opportunity to purse higher education
Cons
Limited opportunity for grown within the company
Typical workplace, long hours, little pay
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Ladson, SCAugust 18, 2017
Low morale, unfortunately discourage some really great people from performing to their potential. Management is a top issue, micro managing is excessive. Great coworkers. The only way to get equal wages is to leave. New hires with little to no experience make more than people who have been with the company for years. Although the company encourages growth and receiving a higher education, some supervisor's would not allow it, it will hurt their budget and scheduling. If you want to transfer, pray your current supervisor doesn't have a chip on their shoulder and blocks your transfer.
Pros
Benefits, 401k
Cons
30 min lunches while working 12hr shifts, no other breaks, low Pay, no opportunity for advancements in certain positions
Excellent Team
MRI Technologist (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCAugust 6, 2017
My manager and teammates were awesome and very helpful. We were adequately staffed and low stress. I wish I could've stayed with them, but at the time, I could not get more hours to sustain my living and I was only part-time.
Rsfh
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJuly 24, 2017
Overall excellent nursing management and nurse leaders. Shared governance is an important part of nursing culture. Good teamwork will all coworkers.
fast growing system
Staff Technologist (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJuly 13, 2017
Fast paced Department that is growing system-wise in an increasingly competitive environment. Good benefits at a moderate cost. Expansion is the order of the day.
climate is ok
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJuly 8, 2017
climate is ok...management is unprofessional and definitely plays favorites...training has been lacking...doesn't seem to be much advancement opportunities.
Great atmosphere and staff, cooperative team
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJuly 5, 2017
Worked with patients on a daily basis in the Rehab Department to ensure safe and effective recoveryon all levels. Treated a variety of diagnoses which involved physical, cognitive and emotional aspects. Maintain education on new treatments and research. Opening first splinting unit in the hospital on my own, researched materials, orthotics and kept communication with directors and accountants for budget and progress in this area. Documented treatment daily and met with medical team daily to discuss progress of all patients.
Pros
workshops, lunches, full benefits, great coworkers
Cons
stressful at times, took work home with me at times
Wonderful
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, SCJune 6, 2017
Enjoyed going to work, Patient centered, Believes on education and helping employees advance, Fair compensation with all kinds of benefits to choose from.
Great Company
Provider Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCMay 1, 2017
I enjoyed my time working at Roper St Francis Healthcare. I learned a lot in my years there. The reason why I left is because I could not transfer out to another department and I wanted to grow more. So my only option was to leave.
Ok
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Ladson, SCApril 11, 2017
The overall company is great but the pay could be A LOT better! Other than that, it is cool. Management is not too personable. There is no room for advancement unless someone surrenders their position.
No loyalty to long-term employees and did not apply policies and procedures uniformly
Director (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCApril 7, 2017
Constant culture of fear and intimidation. Lack of uniformity in upholding standards. Great team of workers in my four areas of reporting. Poor leadership at top level with inconsistent enforcement with favoritism toward the males.
Pros
Pay and staff that worked with me
Cons
unfair business practices
Fast Pace work experience, very uplifting
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCFebruary 2, 2017
I've learned so many different things while working for Ropers, learning to transport patients to different areas, meeting new people everyday, making friends with some patients and dealing with upset patients all the time but the best part of the job was bringing a smile to a patients face when you know they are going through a tough time.
Pros
Health Benifits
Cons
on call
I enjoyed working with the other candy stripers.
Candy Striper (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJanuary 20, 2017
The patients there where I worked were sweet people. I enjoyed delivering flowers, mail and talking with them. Working at Roper as a Volunteer it gave me a chance to interact with patients, working on the rehab floor taking the patients to their activities
Good work environment, patient focused hospital. Excellent cardiac department.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCDecember 18, 2016
Good hospital, not the most progressive when it comes to nursing staff. Some of the facilities are in need of renovation as they are outdated.
Fun Place to work
Supervisor Financial Services (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCDecember 14, 2016
I was with Roper St Francis for 8 years and the people were great. However management and communication was horrible. It is very hard to advance in this company if you dont know the right people. I advanced 3 times but I have seen other employees not advance because they were not liked by management.
Great benefits//pay
Health Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCOctober 28, 2016
The system as a whole great, but the depart I worked in was very unprofessional, unorganized and the supervisors played favorites. I would recommend the company just not the call center.
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
Favoritism, lackluster training, unpersonable manager
Enjoyed my time
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 23, 2016
I enjoyed my time with the company. Would have stayed but I relocated. Great benefits and nice place to work. Great city also
great place for employment
Medical Technologist (ASCP) (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCAugust 18, 2016
Great place to work! I would return there in the future. Management
very supportive and co-workers very helpful. The atmosphere was friendly but professional. Training was very informative and new procedures were explained. Questions were answered promptly.
excellent employer and co-workers
RN (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCMarch 22, 2016
I work 12 hr shift 3-4 days a week taking care critically ill patients. I typically have a 3:1 patient ratio and do not have breaks because the patients are very ill. I love my job!!!!
Pros
my co workers
Cons
few breaks
Greatest Job I've had
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Summerville, SCOctober 30, 2015
Working for Roper St. Francis is the best place I have ever worked. They are family oriented, care strongly about their employees, their patients and the quality of healthcare they we offer.

They offer excellent salaries and insurance packages.

We are more like a family then we are co-workers
Pros
Great co-workers, appreciation for good work, yearly raises and 401K matching
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Roper St. Francis Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2