Roscoe Properties Employee Reviews

Austin Corporate Office
Accounting (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 10, 2017
Great place to get experience and jump start your career! Did notice favoritism and if you didn't mesh well, you were gone within 3 months. If you really work hard and prove yourself, they promote within. I did get recognized for my hard work and was moved up several times. However, onsite management was a little sloppy and liked to point fingers for any mistakes they made. I had the best coworkers and supervisors and would recommend working at the Austin Corporate Office!
Pros
Friendly, pay
Cons
fast paced
False Expectations
Corporate Employee (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 27, 2017
This company has very awful management. I worked at corporate and saw the inner workings of the company frequently and it is very unhealthy. It trickles out to the whole company. I was promised a certain compensation as well as growth and Roscoe did not follow through. The culture here is cut throat, and comprised of a lot of negativity. Angelique and Jason have their hands in everything and the innovation that is preached to new candidates and employees is squashed by both of them. There isn't room for new ideas. They want yes men and that is not how a successful company runs. There are unrealistic expectations and if you question or ask if that expectation is being followed up with, you're scorned. The reviews are true. These aren't irrational, angry people. They joined this company hoping for a great culture and excellent training and didn't receive it.
Pros
MDV benefits are good, some flexibility in your schedule to leave for appointments or other things
Cons
Bad management, no maternity leave, no growth internally, chaotic processes, overwhelming amount of work
Roscoe is not about its people just the $! sad but true!
Leasing Professional (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 23, 2017
Save yourself the trouble and avoid working for this company. They do not care about the people at all, but just about the $! Sad but true!
Their management practices are horrendous, and very unprofessional. They promote incompetence, and do not value their productive leasing superstars! It's an uncomfortable cutthroat environment. If you want to learn how to work in a completely dysfunctional environment this is the place!
Pros
You get paid
Cons
See the above comments!
No work/life balance
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 13, 2017
Hours are 8:30-5:30 and no budging. There are highly compensated individuals who have no clue what they are doing. No organization within the company. Favoritism is played. Execs are not welcoming or inviting. Processes are dated due to long term staff not willing to make needed changes. OLD SCHOOL FEEL, OLD SCHOOL LOOK. Benefits are not competitive to competitors in the field. Recruiting does not handle employee referrals with care or precedence, so why even bother?
Pros
Growing company
Cons
hours
Stressful
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 16, 2017
Our pay and commissions were excellent but it comes at a high price!
You work hard to earn your keep and you dont get the high five for a job well done! You go home feeling Mentally exhausted! In most cases your time and devotion is to the property! Forget about your plans with family because it dont mean anything!
Pros
Great pay Great Commissions
Cons
They demand alot of you!
Fun place to work downtown
Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 10, 2017
I enjoyed working for Roscoe Properties in the office although there were a lot of issues as far as the actual property management was concerned. I did learn a lot not only about accounting but payroll as well.
Pros
Cute home office downtown
Cons
New company with terrible reputation
Typical property leasing company
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 17, 2017
Company was stable; although they were restructuring the San Antonio operations. I was initially hired as an office assistant; I transitioned to property leasing due to company needs. Environment was friendly; properties were well maintained.
Enjoyed my time here
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 30, 2017
Working for Roscoe Properties was fun. They higher younger employees and try to maintain an upscale and hip environment. My Austin supervisors were amazing!!
Good
Contractor to CFO (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 8, 2017
Job is contract and is fine. Company is growing like crazy, lots to be done and opportunity. Good for someone with property experience. Nice people to work with.
Bad Experience
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 8, 2017
Use this company for a stepping stone, then get on with your life! If you have a day off during the week, us it to find something else! Unless you have no other alternative, use this to pay your bills for now they move on ASAP!
Chaotic but Fun
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 24, 2017
With incredible growth that has been happening within the company, there has been a lot of great changes. It does get a little hectic and you are always busy but it pays off with the team that you get to work with and the atmosphere.
If you can't handle quick change and being able to think on a dime, this isn't the place for you. But if you want to work at a place that is constantly growing and extremely collaborative this is the place!!!
Pros
lots of growth, competitive pay, great teammates
Cons
growing pains
Great Family Enviroment
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 23, 2017
Loved working here. Would like to go back but they do not pay their employee too good. But awesome people that you are working with and the management is great as well
Experience
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 22, 2017
My first time starting off as a leasing agent was not the best. But when Roscoe took me in they were nothing but good to me. The first thing they touched based with me was training. They taught me things that my last company didn't. An through out the months i continue to train in there program which is something i think is great to have. There is always something new to learn and with roscoe you never stop learning.
My typical day at The Establishment is no walk in the park, but i took on a task that I new was not going to be easy. It all starts with the residents, they are my number 1 priority. If they are not happy I'm not happy, and I make sure to see that they are happy with their home. That is the goal is to make it feel like a home to them. I do more than be a leasing agent, when someone comes to me with a problem I make sure to take care of it for them. I take the time to go into there homes and bring my maintenance guy with me. We look for the issues together and take care of it. I am nothing without my maintenance team they are the back bone to our community, without them the property does not function.
The hardest part about my job is not being able to provide security for our residents. I know we can't guarantee safety but I wish i could at least give them a gate or security cameras.
The most enjoyable part about my job is hearing our residents have had a great experience living at The Establishment.
I honestly do not have any complaints about this company I recommend them to anybody.
Fast Growing, Dynamic Environment
Corporate Employee (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 16, 2017
Roscoe Properties is in a big growth period and it definitely shows. Management asks a lot from employees but they are very open to feedback and collaboration. The pay and benefits are super competitive. Employees need to be flexible and open to change; if you perform well there is lots of opportunity to grow with the company.
Professional, fun and efficient
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 10, 2017
Roscoe is growing and changing very very quickly, and I see opportunities created every day. Your ideas are heard, streamlining is always a prominent goal, and with such rapid expansion there are many possibilities for anyone willing to work for them. Coworkers are mostly very friendly, professional, and the days go by quickly. Every day is something different and I've enjoyed my time here so far!
Run away from this company
Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 10, 2017
Upper management will completely ignore your input in every meeting. Even if they ask for it. The hardest part of the job was to maintain the residents happy when in reality, there were many flaws from the remodeling team.

will be asked to work every single weekend since manager and assistant manager don't like to work during the weekends even though it is required for them to do so. Low pay. Commission structure varies on the manager's mood.
Pros
Cons
meh
Official response from Roscoe Properties
February 24, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I sincerely apologize for the experience you had. At Roscoe we strive to share ideas, opinions and expertise openly within our company as well as with our stakeholders. We believe in collaboration and participation in the decision-making process, so I'm sorry to hear that's not the level of participation that you've experienced.

Mislead
property manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 21, 2015
This company has incredible potential but is being ran like high school. If they like you you're golden and are kept if not you'll be fired for the smallest reasons they can find. Do your research several complaints filed for unlawful termination. Hours are 50-60 per week easy, regular inspections without notice, unrealistic goals, and company is always hiring. Employees are in constant rotation due to unfair treatment.
Work hard, play hard work environment thats rewarding!
Corporate (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 20, 2015
Lots of room for advancement. Everyone is open to new ideas, very laidback environment. You will be expected to work hard but everything truly pays off in the end. Build relationships with executives, VPs and the president. Everyone is very involved and works together as a team.
Pros
Employee events, teamwork environment
Cons
Nothing yet
Not Worth It
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasNovember 10, 2015
I worked for an apartment complex that switched to Roscoe Properties. In the beginning, everything seemed pretty promising. They brought in a ton of people and promised the moon. It wasn't long until their attitudes completely changed. Work hours were unrealistic. There were file audits every single day lasting until midnight. When maintenance work wasn't being taken care of the regional managers called me out in front of the owners, my coworkers and other residents...when that had nothing to do with my job. I had requested off over a month in advance, only to have the managers knocking on my door explaining it would be in my best interest to come to work. (I lived on site) I went in for a few hours, the next day I was fired on the spot and was given three days to move out. I was pregnant at the time and my significant other worked out of town. We hired a moving crew, because he couldn't be there to help. We offered to pay full rent, they refused. They threatened to put our belongings on the street and call the cops on us. My cousin is a current tenant at this property and she has been without water in her bathroom for going on 4 months. They do not take care of their employees or tenants.
Cons
Unless you're their favorite, watch your back.
Employee (Former Employee) –  AustinJanuary 28, 2015
This is a company with lots of potential, but being mismanaged from the top. If they like you then you can do no wrong, otherwise they will find a reason to get rid of you regardless of how good a job you do. I have seen many good people come and go both by their own choice and from getting fired. Mainly from getting fired. The pay is good but that's probably because they know they won't (or can't) keep you long. Be VERY weary if you join this company and always CYA.
Pros
Good pay and schedule
Cons
everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Roscoe Properties. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7