Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology Employee Reviews

Rose-Hulman is a very unique place
Biomedical Lab technician (Current Employee) –  Terre Haute, INJanuary 16, 2017
Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology is a place where so many students interested in Engineering all go to study, and at the same time we all help each other out.
Good
Football Coach (Current Employee) –  Terre Haute, INJanuary 7, 2017
Very good school to work for. I enjoy the environment. Great people and students on campus here. Great school and community.
Wonderful, small undergraduate engineering university where students are well equipped to work hard
Undergraduate Student (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INJuly 17, 2016
A fantastic pure engineering and science undergraduate school with extremely supportive facilities, faculty, and staff who ensure students are prepared to work hard and study at an accelerated pace
Pros
house keeping in dorms on campus
Good first job experience as a caller
Student Ambassador at Phonathon (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INJuly 13, 2016
Working as a caller for Rose is my first job and I learnt a lot about how to communicate effectively. Also, the mentors were pretty friendly and helpful when I had questions.
Typical day at work in the lab at Rose-Hulman
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INMarch 4, 2016
Working at Rose-Hulman has taught me many things such as PCR, gel electrophoresis, cell culturing, making of broths and plates. We have three small labs at school, so all of us that work in the labs together. This taught us to work together and to share the limited resources in the lab. I learned to work around others and to schedule my time to limit space conflicts with my co-workers. Overall, the experience was beneficial for me because it gave me the time to work with others and to work on my own.
Amazing school, student affairs was the highlight of my time
Resident Assistant (RA) (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INAugust 5, 2015
Rose-Hulman provided me with an amazing education, while Student Affairs gave me a chance to be a part of campus living. Though it was difficult to work my way through school, I did not work in residence life for the money. Student Affairs staff taught me to become a leader wherever I go and how to manage my time to get all of the homework and studying completed.
Pros
Making countless close friends
Cons
No alone time
Good place to work, be prepared to work very hard.
Assistant Machinist (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INApril 22, 2015
I was just a student worker, so I did unskilled manual labor, so pay was poor. The job started at 7 AM and lasts until 4 PM. If you are a student worker on a year they did not hire enough student workers, you will work much harder for the same pay. I learned basic welding and improved my project visualization skills. Management was excellent up until the last month or so when there was a shake up and managers made a complete change in there general attitude. Coworkers where friendly, but where more skilled than I was and let me know it! The hardest part of the job was the physical demand combined with the mental strain that comes from knowing you make less than half of everyone else. Honestly I did not enjoy the work.
Pros
You take home no work, Work with hands, 2 paid breaks a day as well as paid lunch
Cons
Short breaks/Lunch must remain on campus, Exhausting work if you're unskilled labor
A great place for aquiring an Engineering Degree
CSSE-120 Teachers Assistant (Current Employee) –  Terre Haute, INFebruary 15, 2015
A perfect place to become an engineer. The atmosphere is what all schools should be like.

At times the classes I need to help will be going on after my own are over and I can't leave early on breaks.
Pros
I"m learning and helping at the same time.
Cons
None that I can think of.
Working at Rose
Assistant Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Terre Haute, INDecember 15, 2014
The staff is awesome as well as the faculty.

Working alongside other students, you get to know each other well and have fun during your shift. The staff are supportive of our work and allow plenty of time for us to see professors when we need to.
Pros
Learn new skills, Good work environment
Cons
Administration can be shortsighted
Awesome school, great faculty
Assistant Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Terre Haute, INOctober 11, 2014
I work with students and faculty to set up labs and tutor basic engineering skills.
Fast-paced collaborative environment
Chemistry Stockroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INJune 29, 2014
My typical day would be spent in the laboratory running experiments, but I learned a lot about experimental design and data interpretation. I always had very good management, and my performance expectations were always very clear. Most of my co-workers were easy to get along with and didn't cause any loss of productivity.

The hardest part of the job was getting everything done on time.
However, the job was very rewarding because I was learning something new every single day.
Wonderful job that is flexible with my schedule.
Homework Hotline Tutor (Current Employee) –  Terre Haute, INNovember 17, 2013
Homework Hotline is a privately run tutor call line where anyone in the United States can call about a homework question. I typically work behind a desk with a headset on, with a white board in front of me, helping the person or persons work through there homework problem. They can ask me as many questions as they like as long as it pertains to school. The atmosphere is relaxing to work in because if I do not know how to solve a question, then I can ask thirty other fellow homework hotline employees if they know how to solve the problem.
Pros
Good pay and flexible hours.
Cons
Kids/parents who call in can be annoying.
Research at school
Co-Author and Researcher (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INOctober 6, 2013
Puzzling photos and find out the target asteroid.
Transferring data into frequency domain to find out the period of the asteroid.
RHIT is a great school to go to
Assistive Medication Bottle Opener (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INApril 9, 2012
They are currently ranked #1 in the nation for schools who offer engineering degrees with the highest degree offered is a Master's Degree.
Student
Student (Former Employee) –  Terre HauteMarch 7, 2012
I learned a lot of good engineering principles at Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6