ROSE ACRE FARMS

ROSE ACRE FARMS Employee Reviews

Packer/Shipper/Lineman
Egg Packer / Lineman / Shipper (Current Employee), North Vernon, INApril 20, 2015
I have worked at the Jen Acre farm for over 10 years. The company is ever changing and adapting to current markets. The egg industry is constantly growing and looking for quality people to help.
Productive work with Eggs
Forklift operator (Former Employee), Guthrie Center, IAApril 9, 2015
Pros: Learning industerial work
Cons: Working in Stinky Factory.
You got to see all sorts of equipment that seperates eggs and turns them from liquid to powder eggs for schools, hospitals, armed services.
Typical farm environment, family ran
Chicken House Manager (Former Employee), North Vernon, INFebruary 11, 2015
Management doesn't take a very close interest in the running of the Chicken houses until numbers take a dive and then trouble breaks loose. Most supervisors leave training up to other team members which means on boarding team members more often than not receive poor or incomplete training.
Rose Acre Farms
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Seymour, INDecember 29, 2014
It was a good learning experience. Although I was terminated for mispricing on invoice, I did enjoy the experience. I learned alot of new skills which will better me in the future. Management was alittle on the light side experience wise. The hardest part of the job was no support from the management.
exhausting work with incompetent upper managment
maintenance manager (Former Employee), Madison, GADecember 9, 2014
Pros: pay can be ok if you ever get it
Cons: poor management, over worked, shadey hr will cause problems
if you want to be on call 24/7 and never have a day off this is the place. beware of HR she will go out of her way to cause trouble if you don't fit into her click. complex manager is an incompetent puppet that has no clue how to treat people or what he is doing. You will be expected to do several more jobs than what you are paid to do, and then when any one of them is less than satisfactory expect to be written up. This company is ok, the madison facility is a joke! Great pay but I would not recommend working here to my worst enemy! No support from management. STAY Clear of this place.
It was fun with my co workers
Night Cleaner (Former Employee), Germantown, ILJuly 16, 2014
Pros: every monday i got free eggs
Cons: short break and hours
Well I could say that this job wasn't easy at all a lot of remembering were the parts went back after done cleaning machines. A typical day was for me to put on my boots and gloves on. And got ready my equipment what machine was I going to clean. I learned all eggs aren't the same size. My co workers were very helpful on everything if I didn't know something they would tell me how to do it. Am very thankful to them. The hardest thing I would say it was the fist day of work didn't know how to clean a machines or what parts to take off it was very stressful because my manager didn't check on my how I was doing or anything or if need help. He just told this equipment you have to clean this 14 machines. My enjoyable part was you didn't work on pressure you could work slow or fast.
No entertainment
Layer House Mgr. (Former Employee), Pantego, NCSeptember 28, 2013
Pros: free eggs every mondays
Cons: walking for miles each day.
Start at 6:30 am and enter into the Layer House that you manage.
Check for chicken that may have gotten out of their cages and return them to their cage. Check Water supply and feed cart. Check temperature of the house to make sure it was not too hot or cold.
Upper Management jobs were to find any violations the USDA would not approve of, so you had to be ever alert.
Interesting place to work
Agricultural (Former Employee), Seymour, INMay 27, 2013
Pros: learn a lot about how a chicken farm works
Cons: the smell
Lots of work outside, plenty to do, driving the heavy machinery was part of every day. Management is sufficient to complete jobs in a productive and efficient manner.
Worked with baby chicks and good co-workers
Handfeeder/teamleader (Former Employee), Seymour, INJuly 8, 2012
Pros: the money
Cons: the heat
I fed andwatered baby chicks. How to care for chickens. I had 3 people working under me. My co-workers were great workers. The heat in the houses. Being with people I enjoyed working with.
Small plant, but everyone worked together for the greater good
Quality Control Manager (Former Employee), Social Circle, GAApril 29, 2012
Despite only 15 employees, everyone worked together fine. Beside QA, I also had EHS responsbilites for the plant.

ROSE ACRE FARMS Salaries