ROSE ACRE FARMS Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Rose Acre
Packer (Former Employee) –  Pantego, NCSeptember 13, 2017
A typical day at rose acre is a 10-12 hr shift , long, hot days. One thing i learned will working there is production is not a job im into. The hardest job there was probably breaker lane its a lane consisting of cracked eggs. Management need to learn how to communicate with their workers better. The one thing i enjoyed about the job is the pay.
Pros
Time an a half on weekends
Cons
They have no respect
owners wake up
Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Seymour, INSeptember 10, 2017
As independent corporation I subcontracted with larger corp to personally build a working relationship of 3 years to service transportation needs of egg products. I recently discovered that there is no loyalty present, management is clueless to how logistics operations work. After further research I learned that the skilled labors also feel the management needs improvement.
Pros
I sprung for management lunches, donated to company fund raisers
Cons
They decided calling my competition would be my reward for trying to grow with them.
Working at Rose Acres overall is okay and the pay is really good wouldn't have left if i didn't hurt my foot and company showed no concern.
Egg Packing (Former Employee) –  Pantego, NCAugust 10, 2017
Everyone working hard to meet the daily goal of packed eggs. And making sure all cracked and broken eggs are cleaned up after packing eggs. It was interesting to see what goes on with the eggs before they are sent out to the customers. Management needs a lot of work there is a lot of people who are suppose to be working that are not when other are. Hardest part of the job is the washroom and outside and inside transfer. But Rose Acre Egg Farm isn't a bad place to work and they pay really well and weekly just need to work on training new employee's and making sure old employee's are working.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Short breaks and very bad mangement.
Good work place but you will come home stinky
Stacker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Goldmine, GAJuly 19, 2017
Rose acres is a good job to work at. A typical day at work consists of stacking pallets of manure.The work environment is great alot of good people around you.
Productive Work place with great leadership
Egg Packer (Current Employee) –  Guthrie Center, IAJuly 12, 2017
Rose Acre Farms has been a great opportunity for me as a part time high school student. It's one of the best places I have worked at, the pay is great and the people are nice.
Pros
Pays well for part time
Cons
Not a curtain time you'll be off.
Overall a fun place to work for unless your pregnant, too many chemicals inhaled
House Manager (Former Employee) –  Donovan, ILJuly 5, 2017
Fun place to work for, easy work, pay was ok, a little sexism with the last manager, he only allowed men to do. Retain jobs even though women were qualified
Pros
3 breaks, helpful coworks, light work
Cons
Health care, vacations, sexist
Madison Ga, QC, lack of support !! BIG TIME
Quality Control Inspector + + + anythingelse. (Former Employee) –  Madison, GAJuly 5, 2017
If you would like to work for an organization where you are held responsible for things that are out of your control then this is the place for you😊. You get no support from corporate management until things are TOO far gone, they try to hide problems constantly within the facility not seeing the bigger picture (the culture) it's not the job it's the people, first work on the root cause and then this plant may be successful.
Pros
Its a pay check.
Cons
Lack of respect and corporation.
Its a paycheck....
Lineman (Former Employee) –  Guthrie Center, IAJune 22, 2017
Worked for Rose Acres for almost 25 years. There are some good people, but the current management of the GCEF facility is lacking. The complete lack of any positive feedback is poor for morale. I have worked 5:30 in the morning to 8:00 at night weeks on end. They don't care about you, That is why they have such a high turnover rate. I went over 5 years without a raise because I was maxed out for my position.

But I must also state, that this is for the GCEF location only. Corporate in Indiana has improved greatly in showing concern for the employees.
Pros
As long as you ashow up for work, you have a job.
Cons
Long hours, poor manager interaction, and low wages
Very interesting work environment
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Pantego, NCJune 15, 2017
The job pays great and the hours are decent. For the most part you can work at your own pace but it must ne reasonable. A few of yhe managers are strict but they will help if need be
Fun place to work you learn something different all the time.
Haulout (Current Employee) –  Hawk Point MissouriJune 6, 2017
If you show up to work everyday on time, there is plenty of room for advancement. I have learned how to do many different things since starting at Rose Acres.
title
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Donovan, ILMay 30, 2017
The typical day at work at Rose Acre Farms is always busy in the mornings. I learn everyday from my mistakes from the day before when I'm operating the skid-stir, and the forklifts to be better at my job. The management are great people because they will pitch in to help you out without asking. I would have to say that the most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I have coworkers that I can depend on if I need a hand anytime.
laid back
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Seymour, INMay 16, 2017
I haven't worked there for 16 years but when I did it was really easy work. I just left the company for something that paid more money. Wasn't a lot of room for advancement.
Pros
people
Cons
pay
laid back approch to production
Pasteurizer (Current Employee) –  Seymour, INMay 15, 2017
if you are self motivated you can go far here, hours are decent with the exception of the 14 hour days you may encounter but all and all it could be a great place to work.
Pros
start time is 6 AM
Cons
little managment
Hard place to work
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Belhaven, NCMay 9, 2017
Coworker and managers are not the nicest. You work any where from 50 to 70 per weeks...this is hard labor work for everyone out there. The management team is not a team. They do not work together. Worse place to work
relaxed work environment
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Hawk Point, MOApril 28, 2017
doing sanitation was a hard working job but was fun and relaxed long as everyone reports for work. management had limited communication with other departments the hardest part of the job for me was getting the right supplies to an effective job that was being asked of me.
Good
HR Generalist (Current Employee) –  Cortland, INApril 24, 2017
Good place to work at.Good management. Day to day work varies as to what your title is. 30 min lunch, New office is on the way and everyone will move into town.
Great company to work for
Dryer Packer (Former Employee) –  Guthrie Center, IAApril 23, 2017
Very good company to work for pay is excellent, and the benefits are just as good. The company really shows appreciation to their employees. I would recommend working for this company to anyone
Pros
Benefits, pay, appreciaton
Rose Acres
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Pantego, NCApril 4, 2017
I will never work for the company again. I was under pairs an over work . I just hate the smell of dead chicken. .....................................
achieving goals
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Troy, MOMarch 22, 2017
I wake up every morning with self improvement on my mind. im a hard worker, fast learner, and I will work myself to death to better the future of the company. I got certified to drive a fork-lift. the hardest part of the job was driving pallet jacks inside the long dark semi trucks.
Pros
good insurance and good pay
Cons
short breaks, has management problems. (young guys)
Not bad workplace
Barn Worker (Current Employee) –  Germantown, ILMarch 15, 2017
Typical day come in check the temps, make sure things are running good, if anything's broken turn it off put a lockout. On average I think something breaks at least once a week.
Pros
Most days are different
Cons
Short of people