Rose Medical Center

Rose Medical Center Employee Reviews

great place to work
RMC ADMISSIONS PATIENT ACCESS REP (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 30, 2015
I learned a lot in central cashiering from my co workers. There was a lot of training and they has a lot of activities for employees to participate in.
PRN
Dietetic Technician (Former Employee) –  denverOctober 14, 2015
Enjoyed working at Rose Medical except the prn hours were not sufficient to my schedule and income expectations. After being offered a full time position the pay would be 3.50 less than before because of the health benefits.
Pros
Constant learning
Cons
income after fulltime
Relaxed atmosphere and fun.
Transcriptionist/Editor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 30, 2015
My position was part time working three days a week. This was a hospital setting but so laid back. This is where I was taught to be an editor/scribe. The dictation was voice recognition and we edited the reports to make sure they stayed in context, corrected punctuation and verified patient information before uploading the report. Medical transcription in some cases has advanced to voice, so this brought in my other skills in anatomy and physiology. Quite different from transcribing from voice. I am grateful for that experience. Management was easy to approach and did everything they could to keep things running smoothly.
Excellent nursing care is provided to all patients!
Business Development - Special Projects Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 8, 2015
The nursing care provided to patients is outstanding - from the Emergency Department to the Surgery Department. The nursing staff is dedicated to their profession and their patients.
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Denver CoMay 27, 2015
Monitored patients on Oncology unit.
'Provided instructions on various issues like what precautions should be taken for CA patients
It's a business
RN (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 6, 2015
Use to be about the patients, now it is obvious that it is about the money. You never see upper management and they are out of touch with staff and needs.
Micromanaging.
RN (Current Employee) –  Denver,COMarch 23, 2015
Unless you work in the Suites or Mom/Baby, there are budget cuts everywhere, leading many to feel that they are giving unsafe care. Management has unrealistic expectations. Patients love Rose because the staff is hardworking, but to work here can be difficult. Good teamwork, but can be emotionally and physically exhausting.
Great Hospital
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 16, 2015
Loved working here! Lots of community involvement. Great staff. Great doctors. Great management.Great job, worked well with balancing home life with work!
Enjoyable expereince
Personal Chef (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 13, 2015
Able to provide meals and proper nutrition assisting with patient recovery. Saw an immediate result through my customer service provided.
Pros
one on one connections
Cons
lack of staff turn over.
Productive fun place to be.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 12, 2015
Fortunately the staff is really supportive, professional, and service oriented. Ii truly love it there i still go visit but I never got hired in a paid position, so I have to move on.
Friendly comapassionate enviornment
ER Registrar (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 13, 2015
I learned to work in a fast paced environment and keeping compassion while doing so. I learned to work with different types of people and cultures. I enjoyed getting to know so many hard working people. A hard part of the job was seeing people in pain.
Pros
varius work schedules
Great hospital, friendly staff, everyone works together to help the patients
RRT - Full Time (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 5, 2014
A typical day at work would consist of me getting a call from ER telling me that an emergent is coming in. I rush to ER and immediately grab an ambu bag and setup suction and our glidescope. I also setup an ETT based on the patients size and weight and grab an endtidal and oral airway. I check to make sure the ventilator is setup properly and I have a full tank of oxygen for transport. Once the patient has arrived I set them up on the ventilator and transport to CT and then ICU. I am also covering ICU today so between myself and the Intensivist on that week we decide to Bronch the patient. I run down to our storage room where we keep the bronch equipment and supplies. I quickly gather all the supplies needed for the bronch and head back up to ICU. I setup all the equipment needed for the bronch while the Intensivist is getting consent. After completing the washes I clean all of the equipment and transport the samples to our microbiology department. As soon as im done with that I get a call from one of our newer employees who is covering NICU today. She needs help with malfunctioning equipment that she tried to setup on a new baby. I run to the NICU and assess the equipment and suggest that we switch it out for another CPAP machine. I reassure the NICU RN's that everything is ok and we will get the baby settled soon. (NICU RN's are always on full alert and will watch your every move.) The new machine arrives and I quickly calibrate it and set the baby up with headgear and make sure the seal is correct for the set pressure the NP ordered. The baby is now tucked in and grunting  more... less. Wow, what a morning!! The afternoon goes smoothly with a couple of kiddos in ER that I have to get nasal washes on, a conscious sedation on an adult who fell off a ladder and two new ICU vented patients from OR, one of them who had a CABG x4 and one who the Anesthesiologist didn't want to wait to wake up and extubate in PACU. Its ok Ana Doc, let the RN's and I wean the patient and extubate for you!! All of this done with time to spare so I can go down to our department and finish the count for night shift. A charges responsibility. That's a typical busy day for us at Rose Medical Center. Hard work sometimes but I love it. Also we have one of the best Directors I have ever had the pleasure of working with. He cares about our department and he cares about our personal lives. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with GREAT RN's in our ICU and NICU and other staff like PT, or Speech Therapy.  less
Pros
management, icu staff, national jewish intensivists
Cons
benefits, low census t/o summer, a lot of new staff t/o hospital
40 hour clinical
Phlebotomy student (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 29, 2014
I did 40 hours of clinical at Rose Medical Hospital.
I worked with several different phlebotomists, my day would start with mom and babies. I over seen the phlebotomist perform Bili's and new born screenings. I then performed blood draws on the mothers, and from there we would start blood draws on all the other patients the doctors put orders in for. the Hardest part of my job was the really hot rooms. I loved working with all of my co-workers they gave me different technique on how to find the veins, there were some patient with hard to find veins. I enjoyed going to work every day and doing my clinicals.
Pros
meeting allot of patients
Cons
it was for only a week
Typical work day
Dietitian Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 22, 2014
Educating patients on new diets. I enjoyed the challenges everyday brought because no two days were the same.
Good people to work with
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 12, 2014
Great group of people to work with. Hospital gets slow in the summer and puts many people on call or low volume.
RN in emergency department
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 13, 2014
First real exposure to the emergency room. Enjoyed it. Great staff. First exposure to "fast track" providers.
Pros
fast paced, never bored, always new things to learn.
Cons
after a few years i needed something more mentally challenging.
MICU and SICU,New unit
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 9, 2014
Busy MICU and SICU Assessment and care of ICU patients. New Unit has awkward layout
Pros
nice staff
Cons
physical layout
productive in coping flims
Radiology Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 17, 2014
made new folders for new patients trasporter to diffrent department help Dr. find transcrips file rooms .
The finest hospital that I have ever worked for!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 5, 2014
Engaging, great patient population with just the right amount of health challenges. A typical day allowed me to focus on nursing cares and cardiac care related problem solving. Monitoring patients closely was afforded by the excellent patient to staff ratios.
I learned about cardiac cares and critical cares of patients with significant heart and circulatory problems. My first ACLS was taken here.
The chain of command was short, engaged and led by example! Our manager was totally dedicated to her work. She was available, approachable and supportive! Most important, her interventions were relevant and effective from a clinical perspective.
My coworkers were sophisticated, international, well educated and motivated. They were also great team players.
Commuting was the hardest part of my job.
I looked forward to work because of the positive, dynamic and proactive environment. Every day was exceptional. Solving and preventing problems was rewarding and unfettered.
Pros
positive work environment, great benefits, inspiring.
Love Rose!
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 27, 2014
The best place to be a volunteer. I started in 2011 and I still volunteer there. It's like a family where you contribute for the greater good.
Pros
you get a free lunch.
Cons
no cons.