Rose Medical Center

Rose Medical Center Employee Reviews

Nurse (Former Employee), Denver CoMay 27, 2015
Monitored patients on Oncology unit.
'Provided instructions on various issues like what precautions should be taken for CA patients
It's a business
RN (Current Employee), Denver, COApril 6, 2015
Use to be about the patients, now it is obvious that it is about the money. You never see upper management and they are out of touch with staff and needs.
Micromanaging.
RN (Current Employee), Denver,COMarch 23, 2015
Unless you work in the Suites or Mom/Baby, there are budget cuts everywhere, leading many to feel that they are giving unsafe care. Management has unrealistic expectations. Patients love Rose because the staff is hardworking, but to work here can be difficult. Good teamwork, but can be emotionally and physically exhausting.
Great Hospital
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Denver, COMarch 16, 2015
Loved working here! Lots of community involvement. Great staff. Great doctors. Great management.Great job, worked well with balancing home life with work!
Enjoyable expereince
Personal Chef (Former Employee), Denver, COMarch 13, 2015
Pros: one on one connections
Cons: lack of staff turn over.
Able to provide meals and proper nutrition assisting with patient recovery. Saw an immediate result through my customer service provided.
Productive fun place to be.
Volunteer (Former Employee), Denver, COMarch 12, 2015
Fortunately the staff is really supportive, professional, and service oriented. Ii truly love it there i still go visit but I never got hired in a paid position, so I have to move on.
Friendly comapassionate enviornment
ER Registrar (Former Employee), Denver, COJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: varius work schedules
I learned to work in a fast paced environment and keeping compassion while doing so. I learned to work with different types of people and cultures. I enjoyed getting to know so many hard working people. A hard part of the job was seeing people in pain.
Great hospital, friendly staff, everyone works together to help the patients
RRT - Full Time (Current Employee), Denver, CONovember 5, 2014
Pros: management, icu staff, national jewish intensivists
Cons: benefits, low census t/o summer, a lot of new staff t/o hospital
A typical day at work would consist of me getting a call from ER telling me that an emergent is coming in. I rush to ER and immediately grab an ambu bag and setup suction and our glidescope. I also setup an ETT based on the patients size and weight and grab an endtidal and oral airway. I check to make sure the ventilator is setup properly and I have a full tank of oxygen for transport. Once the patient has arrived I set them up on the ventilator and transport to CT and then ICU. I am also covering ICU today so between myself and the Intensivist on that week we decide to Bronch the patient. I run – more... down to our storage room where we keep the bronch equipment and supplies. I quickly gather all the supplies needed for the bronch and head back up to ICU. I setup all the equipment needed for the bronch while the Intensivist is getting consent. After completing the washes I clean all of the equipment and transport the samples to our microbiology department. As soon as im done with that I get a call from one of our newer employees who is covering NICU today. She needs help with malfunctioning equipment that she tried to setup on a new baby. I run to the NICU and assess the equipment and suggest that we switch it out for another CPAP machine. I reassure the NICU RN's that everything is ok and we will get the baby settled soon. (NICU RN's are always on full alert and will watch your every move.) The new machine arrives and I quickly calibrate it and set the baby up with headgear and make sure the seal is correct for the set pressure the NP ordered. The baby is now tucked in and grunting less. Wow, what a morning!! The afternoon goes smoothly with a couple of kiddos in ER that I have to get nasal washes on, a conscious sedation on an adult who fell off a ladder and two new ICU vented patients from OR, one of them who had a CABG x4 and one who the Anesthesiologist didn't want to wait to wake up and extubate in PACU. Its ok Ana Doc, let the RN's and I wean the patient and extubate for you!! All of this done with time to spare so I can go down to our department and finish the count for night shift. A charges responsibility. That's a typical busy day for us at Rose Medical Center. Hard work sometimes but I love it. Also we have one of the best Directors I have ever had the pleasure of working with. He cares about our department and he cares about our personal lives. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with GREAT RN's in our ICU and NICU and other staff like PT, or Speech Therapy. – less
40 hour clinical
Phlebotomy student (Former Employee), Denver, COOctober 29, 2014
Pros: meeting allot of patients
Cons: it was for only a week
I did 40 hours of clinical at Rose Medical Hospital.
I worked with several different phlebotomists, my day would start with mom and babies. I over seen the phlebotomist perform Bili's and new born screenings. I then performed blood draws on the mothers, and from there we would start blood draws on all the other patients the doctors put orders in for. the Hardest part of my job was the really hot rooms. I loved working with all of my co-workers they gave me different technique on how to find the veins, there were some patient with hard to find veins. I enjoyed going to work every day and doing my clinicals.
Typical work day
Dietitian Assistant (Former Employee), Denver, COAugust 22, 2014
Educating patients on new diets. I enjoyed the challenges everyday brought because no two days were the same.
Good people to work with
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Denver, COAugust 12, 2014
Great group of people to work with. Hospital gets slow in the summer and puts many people on call or low volume.
RN in emergency department
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Denver, COJuly 13, 2014
Pros: fast paced, never bored, always new things to learn.
Cons: after a few years i needed something more mentally challenging.
First real exposure to the emergency room. Enjoyed it. Great staff. First exposure to "fast track" providers.
MICU and SICU,New unit
Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Denver, COJuly 9, 2014
Pros: nice staff
Cons: physical layout
Busy MICU and SICU Assessment and care of ICU patients. New Unit has awkward layout
productive in coping flims
Radiology Assistant (Former Employee), Denver, COJune 17, 2014
made new folders for new patients trasporter to diffrent department help Dr. find transcrips file rooms .
The finest hospital that I have ever worked for!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Denver, COJune 5, 2014
Pros: positive work environment, great benefits, inspiring.
Engaging, great patient population with just the right amount of health challenges. A typical day allowed me to focus on nursing cares and cardiac care related problem solving. Monitoring patients closely was afforded by the excellent patient to staff ratios.
I learned about cardiac cares and critical cares of patients with significant heart and circulatory problems. My first ACLS was taken here.
The chain of command was short, engaged and led by example! Our manager was totally dedicated to her work. She was available, approachable and supportive! Most important, her interventions were relevant and effective from a clinical perspective.
My coworkers were sophisticated, international, well educated and motivated. They were also great team players.
Commuting was the hardest part of my job.
I looked forward to work because of the positive, dynamic and proactive environment. Every day was exceptional. Solving and preventing problems was rewarding and unfettered.
Love Rose!
Volunteer (Current Employee), Denver, COMay 27, 2014
Pros: you get a free lunch.
Cons: no cons.
The best place to be a volunteer. I started in 2011 and I still volunteer there. It's like a family where you contribute for the greater good.
One of the best hospitals to work for
Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee), Denver, COMay 15, 2014
Pros: free cofee, tea, cookies and peanut butter.
Cons: slow days.
Great place to work, relaxed atmosphere and music that provide great concentration to rightly assemble all those essential surgical trays. Every day at huddle I learn something new, either about our job or hospital related, bettering our lives. Our managers are very dedicated to us and our jobs. Coworkers, great bunch of technicians, very friendly and eager to help when needed. I think that's the most rewarding part of the job, to achieve perfection aided by great professionals to avoid mistakes that will adversely affect the patient.
Fun job
CNA (Current Employee), Denver, COApril 6, 2014
Pros: good co-worker, good food
Cons: little to no raises, short breaks, bad benefits
I have enjoyed my time as an employee at Rose Medical Center. Overall its been a great place to work. My only issue has been with having a difficult manger who was biased and unfair however, the management has done well with getting a new manger. my co-workers and great to work it and it feels like a secind family.
Manager of several employees
MRI Lead Tech (Former Employee), Denver, COFebruary 1, 2014
Pros: had the resources to do a good job
Cons: was required to work a lot of over-time and call hours
The job required much more time than I could give in an 8 hr day.
Great company to learn and grow with
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Denver, COOctober 18, 2013
As a night nurse I did not have much interaction with the patients or management but I did enjoy working for the company. The staff were great to work with and very patient with me while I was training. I however am not cut out for working the night shift and had to look for other employment as they could not offer me a day position.
Industry