ROSE STATE COLLEGE Employee Reviews

Great place to work!
Student (Former Employee) –  Midwest City, OKSeptember 14, 2017
The people are friendly and everyone works together to accomplish the goal. It can be fast paced but the environment is never stressful.
The supervisors are fair and relatable.
Great Campus
Distance Learning Technician (Former Employee) –  Midwest City, OKAugust 2, 2017
Loved working there just hated there was no way to advance. I had the same pay and job for many years. I had to leave just to make ends meat. But wonderful place if you just need pocket change
Pros
great people and campus
Cons
no future and awful pay
Love it
Lab assistant (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, OKJuly 21, 2017
I was a lab assistant making media for the microbiology lab, not a job for everyone but if you are a lab tech or going into micro it is good experience
great place to work
Admissions assistant (Former Employee) –  mwcJune 28, 2017
I loved working for rose state college . everyone was friendly and worked as a team. we worked hard and took care of the students needs and admitted them into the school.
Wonderful benefits but pay is not!
Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Midwest City, OKApril 21, 2017
I enjoyed working at Rose State College. I worked there 10 years. They have wonderful benefits, but the staff and some of the faculty are very under paid.
The people are wonderful, but the pay is not. Their yearly evaluations have nothing to do with getting raises.
Pros
Great benefits and nice people
Cons
No raises in five years severely under paid.
Great faculty and Staff
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Midwest City, OKApril 15, 2017
Great faculty and staff in the Social Sciences division. Really empower adjunct faculty to lead and encourage learning. Great place to teach and flourish in their discipline.
Tutoring College Kids
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Midwest City, OKApril 14, 2017
Usually a tutoring session would last about 1-2 hours depending on the subject. I learned how to go above and beyond for the student; by going directly to their teacher. The management was very relaxed and laid back. The hardest part of the job was figuring out problems and the most enjoyable too; when you see the light bulb go on.
Pros
Make friends
Cons
Not enough pay
Great school with great people
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Midwest City, OKApril 12, 2017
I have spent the past five years as an adjunct at Rose State College. I enjoy myself every semester. The students are great and all the staff, both full and part time, are always so welcoming and supportive.
Pros
Wonderful people
Cons
No benefits for adjuncts
Review on work study
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Midwest City, OKDecember 22, 2016
Work study is great for students who only need a little bit of extra spending money. Don't do it if you have bills and have to support yourself solely on your income. You don't get paid a lot, and you don't get a lot of hours (20 hours max a week.) but overall the college is a great place to work, learn, and help people.
Pros
Flexible schedule, do homework on sight
Cons
Low pay, low hours
Wonderful people to work with!
Tutor and Mentor (Former Employee) –  Midwest City, OKDecember 14, 2016
Wonderful place to work if you can get on full time. The jobs are tough to come by. If you are part time, the pay is not very good and there are no options for benefits at all.
Everyone should work here.
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  OklahomaNovember 22, 2016
Coworkers are outstanding. All the people I work with will do anything for you to help. The managers are always joking around but still keep it serious when it comes down to it.
Excellent Employer
Tutoring Center Assistant (Current Employee) –  Midwest City, OKOctober 19, 2016
Rose State College has proven to be an excellent employer and has provided a great opportunity for me to work for the college.
good school
student (Former Employee) –  Midwest City, OKJuly 14, 2016
enjoyed the hands on training as a student the teachers were always very helpful and went out of their way to make sure each student was succesful.
Comfortable enviroment for students that are nervous and anxious about testing.
Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Midwest City, OKJuly 10, 2016
Setting up potential students for testing. Reporting scores and the scores determine what classes should be taken. Directing the students to advisors for enrollment process. I became proficient with PeopleSoft program. Management was great and my coworkers were amazing. The hardest part of the job was seeing students disappointed with testing scores and feeling like failures. the most enjoyable part was seeing students not give up on themselves.
Pros
Working with a great staff in enrollment management.
Cons
There weren't really any cons that come to mind.
great place to work
Academic Advisor (Current Employee) –  Midwest City, OKJuly 5, 2016
I have loved working for Rose. In the short year that I have been here I was able to rise through the ranks and almost double my pay. The best part of working here is the people, it feels like a family and you always know that they have your back.
Pros
the people
Cons
had to get a full time position
Great Place
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Midwest City, OKDecember 30, 2015
Overall one of the best places I have work. Exceptional staff and I loved every minute of it. I worked at Rose State for a couple of years before I moved away. They really care about their students and their staff.
Pros
Great Company
Rewarding but sometimes challenging work with students
Adjunct Clinical Nursing Instructor (Former Employee) –  Midwest City, OKDecember 16, 2015
The management is supportive. The students are generally fun and appreciative in the learning environment. There are always the challenges however. Occasionally students exhibit inappropriate behaviors and in the student environment fellow students are not certain whether to support their classmates' behavior or move toward more professional and independent actions.
Basic computer knowledge
Computer Lab Aide (Former Employee) –  Midwest City, OKDecember 10, 2015
A typical day working as a Computer Lab Assistant at Rose State College in the library, the worker sits at a desk open in the lab with no more than two coworkers working, at times only one employee is on the clock assisting students with basic computer questions as needed, answering phone calls, checking and filling printers as needed, cleaning lab and working on other duties assigned.
A very fast paced office with little training.
Senior Admissions Assistant (Former Employee) –  Midwest City, OKNovember 16, 2015
I was not trained very well. The data entry was very extensive and most employees could not explain how to do it properly.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
not enough training
Awesome!
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 2, 2015
Rose State is a great place to work. My coworkers are awesome and they truly care about the students. Being able to help and impact students lives in a positive way is highly rewarding.