ROSE STATE COLLEGE Employee Reviews

Wonderful people to work with!
Tutor and Mentor (Former Employee) –  Midwest City, OKDecember 14, 2016
Wonderful place to work if you can get on full time. The jobs are tough to come by. If you are part time, the pay is not very good and there are no options for benefits at all.
Comfortable enviroment for students that are nervous and anxious about testing.
Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Midwest City, OKJuly 10, 2016
Setting up potential students for testing. Reporting scores and the scores determine what classes should be taken. Directing the students to advisors for enrollment process. I became proficient with PeopleSoft program. Management was great and my coworkers were amazing. The hardest part of the job was seeing students disappointed with testing scores and feeling like failures. the most enjoyable part was seeing students not give up on themselves.
Pros
Working with a great staff in enrollment management.
Cons
There weren't really any cons that come to mind.
Everyone should work here.
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  OklahomaNovember 22, 2016
Coworkers are outstanding. All the people I work with will do anything for you to help. The managers are always joking around but still keep it serious when it comes down to it.
Excellent Employer
Tutoring Center Assistant (Current Employee) –  Midwest City, OKOctober 19, 2016
Rose State College has proven to be an excellent employer and has provided a great opportunity for me to work for the college.
Good place for beginners to start and for those seeking education assistance.
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Midwest City, OKFebruary 20, 2015
Rose State is a good place to work if it is your first job. There's not many promotions and hardly any raises.. The most enjoyable part of the job is greeting and meeting new students whom always have questions we never hear. The staff I work with are knowledgeable and always help each other no matter what. The benefits are great. Lots of activities being added.
Pros
Benefits are great. Tuition paid and also health benefits are paid.
Cons
No choice of health care. Have to go with what the school offers.
great place to work
Academic Advisor (Current Employee) –  Midwest City, OKJuly 5, 2016
I have loved working for Rose. In the short year that I have been here I was able to rise through the ranks and almost double my pay. The best part of working here is the people, it feels like a family and you always know that they have your back.
Pros
the people
Cons
had to get a full time position
Great place to work. Good benefits, great atmosphere.
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Midwest City, OKMarch 5, 2013
I like working at Rose State. I've been here for almost 6 years now. The working atmosphere is relaxed but productive. Dealing with students everyday is interesting because you never know what kind of questions they may ask.Everyone here seems to get along with each other very well.
Pros
great leave benefits, very little overtime requirements (if any).
Cons
salary does not meet cost of living standards.
good school
student (Former Employee) –  Midwest City, OKJuly 14, 2016
enjoyed the hands on training as a student the teachers were always very helpful and went out of their way to make sure each student was succesful.
Productive and Fun place to work
Payroll/Benefits Administrator (Current Employee) –  Midwest City, OKOctober 8, 2014
I've enjoy my 11 years employed with Rose State College. This place does encourage education.
Pros
love learning
Cons
few raises
Rewarding but sometimes challenging work with students
Adjunct Clinical Nursing Instructor (Former Employee) –  Midwest City, OKDecember 16, 2015
The management is supportive. The students are generally fun and appreciative in the learning environment. There are always the challenges however. Occasionally students exhibit inappropriate behaviors and in the student environment fellow students are not certain whether to support their classmates' behavior or move toward more professional and independent actions.
Basic computer knowledge
Computer Lab Aide (Former Employee) –  Midwest City, OKDecember 10, 2015
A typical day working as a Computer Lab Assistant at Rose State College in the library, the worker sits at a desk open in the lab with no more than two coworkers working, at times only one employee is on the clock assisting students with basic computer questions as needed, answering phone calls, checking and filling printers as needed, cleaning lab and working on other duties assigned.
Great Place
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Midwest City, OKDecember 30, 2015
Overall one of the best places I have work. Exceptional staff and I loved every minute of it. I worked at Rose State for a couple of years before I moved away. They really care about their students and their staff.
Pros
Great Company
work place full of exspectations good and bad
Clerical Cashier Accountant (Former Employee) –  Midwest City OkNovember 25, 2013
sucesses failers lesson learned told and brought, public relation skills inproved
Pros
free lunch and dinner
Cons
long hours 14 hour days
Great working environment that encourages skill development
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Midwest City, OKDecember 29, 2013
Rose State Engineering and Science division has been very supportive of me in this endeavor. The experienced professors have been there to guide me and answer questions. In the time I have taught at this institution, I have learned so much about teaching and different styles through the staff there as well as through my experiences with the students. Each semester, I feel like I learn something new and adjust my curriculum accordingly. The hardest part of the job is learning each semester how each student learns best and presenting the material in a way that they can best understand the course materials. The most enjoyable part of the job has been the student interaction. In addition to the classroom time, I offer an optional tutoring time where students can work with me in small groups to help them better understand the subject material.
Library Technician, Audiovisual Services (Former Employee) –  Midwest City, OKDecember 7, 2014
Great place to work. Management is supportive and culture is great. Working with students is rewarding. Typical day you help students take tests or print papers. Low stress and you feel appreciated. If the job paid more and was full time I never would have left.
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
low pay
A very fast paced office with little training.
Senior Admissions Assistant (Former Employee) –  Midwest City, OKNovember 16, 2015
I was not trained very well. The data entry was very extensive and most employees could not explain how to do it properly.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
not enough training
Awesome!
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 2, 2015
Rose State is a great place to work. My coworkers are awesome and they truly care about the students. Being able to help and impact students lives in a positive way is highly rewarding.
CSL Plasma
Sr. Admissions Assistant (Former Employee) –  Midwest City, OKJuly 1, 2014
CSL Plasma has given me the opportunity to grow and enhance my management skills. I have enjoyed the opportunities I have had with this company.
I enjoy my job really well
picking uo recycling (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 22, 2014
My job is to pick up the recycling, I love this job. Going though trash and bags to pick up the recycling ideas. Kind of a bad part of my work is where I filled my cart up really high and then the stuff on the cart falls over. But I still love picking up and recycling and helping other people to recycle.
Pros
pick up recycling
Cons
I wounld like to see everyone recycling more.
Productive work place. Very Professional
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Midwest City, OKJanuary 12, 2013
• Secure funds received from daily transactions.
• Customer Service, answering telephone, and multitasking.
• Billing for continuing education classes.
• Accurately maintain file system for payment arrangements.
Pros
healthcare, great hours, hour lunch

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ROSE STATE COLLEGE. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3