Roseburg Forest Products Employee Reviews

Lumber Sales Assitant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ORDecember 3, 2017
Working in Dillard was far more family oriented. Moving to Springfield caused a lot of chaos and upset a lot of people. I love the company but wish it would have worked out to where we didn’t move to Springfield.
Does not follow handbook protocols and no advancement opportunities
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Simsboro, LANovember 20, 2017
there is only room for advancement to those who are personally known instead of qualifications, the job is not challenging at all but some management make it a difficult work environment.
Pros
schedule work days with adequate time off
Cons
family insurance prices are high and no career advancement opportunities
great people and fun job.
veneer grader (Former Employee) –  dillard oregonNovember 7, 2017
Nice company, good pay, hours and shifts compatible with family life, company advancement available. Safety is number 1. Lots of opportunity to learn plywood business in each aspect of productiô.
Pros
hours of work, safety, pay rate, paid sick leave.
Cons
discharging without investigation, communication
Good Pay and Benefits. You are also part of a Union
Forklift operator (Current Employee) –  Winston, OR 97496November 1, 2017
It is a good place to work for the pay rate. As long as you show up and do your job, you will do OK. The downside it seems is that it is very hard to advance in a career. If you are not friends or family of the right person, you will need a college degree and a glowing resume. But, if you are looking for an hourly job that pays well and is not too demanding, I would recommend them.
Great place to work for
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Weed, CAOctober 11, 2017
I really injoyed working at roseburg forest products. I went to work 4 days on and 4 days off pluss over time. I always showed up to work 30 minutes early to make sure to get all my stuff ready. I would fill my forklift up with fuel and get ready for my day. I was responsable for making sure what kind of wood we would be running for that shift and making sure we would'nt run out. It was a very fast paste high stress job. I loved it because it was always a challange.
Pros
Very good place to work
Great workplace with awesome people
Linear Program Data Development Intern (Former Employee) –  Roseburg, OROctober 11, 2017
I interned in the Dillard Corporate office. During my time at RFP I experienced an awesome atmosphere with people who were always willing to help. I spend a lot of time in the plants as well where the plant management was helpful and accommodating when I had special requests.
Management sucks
Dryer Operator (Former Employee) –  Riddle,oregonOctober 3, 2017
If your not a kiss butt you will not advance. If your a hard worker with opinions and suggestions you are targeted as poor employee. Management has never worked in facility but seems to think they know everthing. Will not listen to experienced operators
fast paced, good environment
Q.A. Process Technician/ Relief Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Roseburg, ORSeptember 2, 2017
I started as a general laborer and worked my way up through the ranks. if you are driven there is opportunity to advance as an hourly employee. what i enjoyed most was learning new things and moving around to different jobs frequently.
good money hard work
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Riddle, ORAugust 30, 2017
Very fast paced work enviroment, your co workers become your friends its almost like you have a little family at work. It gets very hot in the mill during the summer months I deffinitly do not recommend working there if you are sensitive to heat.
Quick paced production work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Simsboro, LAAugust 27, 2017
supervise 20-25 employees
learned how to manage employees
management was hesitant to pass pertinent information along
Safety is a priority
the hardest part was having to deal with employees that are unwilling to work because they have got away with doing so little for so long.
Pros
Plenty of time off
Cons
Employees that act like children
Great company, office environment
Account Manager - HQ (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ORAugust 13, 2017
Corporate environment, good people and team, good pay, benefits. However, computer programs are very frustrating tedious, lots of bureaucracy, protocol and politics.
Pros
good people, benefits, pay, etc
Cons
meetings, reports, E1 program
Hard but good paying work
Temp (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORAugust 12, 2017
While i worked there as a temp, specifically in the composites division in Medford, I was given the more manual jobs, but I was paid close to 18 dollars an hour. There were plenty of breaks given with no shortage of water, and everyone there was nice.
Pros
Good Pay, Positive Coworkers, Frequent Breaks, Water Availability
Cons
Potentially Hazardous Work Environment, Very Loud, Very Hot
What I learned
Layup (Current Employee) –  Riddle, ORAugust 9, 2017
Some days I would go to work my job would seem easy and moderate while other days were very stressful. I feel that there is alot to learn and sometimes you don't always get the best training.
Pros
paid lunches
Cons
amount of hours you work
Log Accounting department was a nice place to work
LOG ACCOUNTING RESOURCE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Dillard, ORJuly 24, 2017
The log accounting department was a great department to work in. The managers were excellent, fair, and easy to work with. The company as a whole was a very nice family owned company to work for with good benefits.
Pros
great health benefits and 401k
Cons
main office has since been moved to Eugene, Or
I wanted to like this job
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dillard, ORJuly 13, 2017
I enjoyed the opportunity.
I learned a lot about forestry management here.
The management of this company is not true to their "handshake integrity" values and so I could no longer work for them.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
Free Coffee
The atmospher created by mangement was depressing.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Simsboro, LAJune 26, 2017
This plant is product driven and cares little about the people involved in the production process and their input on how the plant should run. I did not enjoy my employment at this plant.
ok place
Sander Operator (Former Employee) –  roseburg orJune 8, 2017
it was good but for te constant slow work .lay offs and i used my own tools. Advancement wasnt hardly there and swing shifts what else can i say but i enjoyed the work but just no room for advancement
Awesome
Help Desk Technician Intern (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ORJune 4, 2017
Great place to learn about the internet technology field. I am currently going to school and working a second job. They help me and give me all the tools i need to succeed.
productive
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Riddle, ORApril 20, 2017
A typical day at work was to clock in and go to your work station, I learned a lot about what equipment does what and it taught me that you need to work sort of hard.
Nice job
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Dillard, ORApril 20, 2017
Alot of different things to do there, loved driving forklift, Running machinery, and most of the people were very easy to get along with. Good pay..
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Cant go to your own vehicle

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Roseburg Forest Products. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2