Roseburg Forest Products

Roseburg Forest Products Employee Reviews in United States

productive work place
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Taylorsville, MSApril 5, 2016
Great Job!! have been working here for 8 months and love it. all employees get alone and have a positive attitude towards getting the daily task done.
Pros
12 hour work day - 14 days a month
Not very stable company
Maintenance Master Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MSNovember 13, 2015
Company was doing ok till 2008 they was not quite large enough to handle the recession. They had to lay a lot of people off to try any keep the company running.
Pros
Not to hard work
Cons
Did not have enough business to keeep employes on.
Company going thru transition
IT Sourcing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Roseburg, ORSeptember 30, 2015
Great people to work with. Privately held Forest Products company that's been in business for over 75 years, located in Dillard Or
steady work with excellent pay, health and retirement benifits.
raimann offbearer (Current Employee) –  Coquille, ORSeptember 29, 2015
This is by far the best job I've ever had pay and benefits wise. The work is very physically demanding and can be frustrating at times but also rewarding. It is very easy to move up into an administrative position with this company and plenty of ways to get involved in different aspects of the company (i.e. safety, observation, lead person, over-time etc...), without moving into administration. This is a union mill and the workers are members of the local C I C, (carpenters industrial council.) Although the union provided great pay and medical coverage, I find working within a union-structured environment to be very challenging at times for various reasons. We as workers are well provided for and given many opportunities to succeed within the company.
Pros
great pay and benifits, oppertunities for advancement, opportunities for over-time, paid vacations.
Cons
shift work, graveyard shifts and "double-backs", whic means working two shifts within a 24 hour period.
Good place to work, great pay and good benefits.
Sheet turner (Former Employee) –  Dillar, Or.August 19, 2015
Just like any place you work, there are negative people and positive people, but I would say overall there are a lot of great men and women in this company, especially in management where it matters most. I personally worked with a great crew, but had filled in on other crews that weren't as enjoyable. Its a manufacturing job, so you show up, do your work and go home to your family, no real surprises there. There are lots of opportunities for advancement though.
Pros
compensation, management, benefits, safety, steady schedule
Cons
manufacturing jobs are not very challenging, extreme work temperatures
Great Company
Clerical Statistician/HR Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dillard, ORJuly 8, 2015
Work days were long but good and they paid overtime. I learned new leave and payroll laws as well as many HR functions. Management was uplifting and my co-workers were fun.
Pros
Good people
Cons
price of benefits
challenging, rewarding,stability
Skoog Operator (Former Employee) –  Coquille, ORApril 24, 2015
I loved my job there, I like that the work was steady,mind challenging, working with hard workers alike, was a steady job, good benefits, was a place you could retire from.
Pros
pay, benefits, hard workers
Making of plywood
Rainmen Operator (Former Employee) –  Dillard, ORSeptember 20, 2014
Worked graveyard shift, which made it difficult with having a family but worked out the best shift when it came to sports. Work day there was repetitive the same thing day in and day out when it came to working with veneer.
Got along well with all the employees and management. Its a physically hard working job and we all did our parts
Hardest part of the job was the shift, and getting used to the being up all night part. Physically it was hard on the body and the older you get the price you pay for working at such a physically demanding job
Loved the benefits and the pay
Pros
great pay;benefits;and great company to be employeed by
Cons
short breaks;physically demanding
warehouse setting cold in winter and hot in the summer
LEAD PRESS OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCSeptember 10, 2014
Enjoyed working at Roseburg. Learned new skills,while advancing in the company.Would have still been there if company didn't relocate.Operating a wood laminating machine, bringing wood and paper to the line. Changing over from 8' to 16' when necessary.Learned to operate fast cycle press,while becoming acquainted with parameters as well as sensors.I had a great supervisor,seen and trusted my potential for growth inside the company.My co-workers were team players.There wasn't a hard part.Being a part of productive company,while trying to top my production from the previous day.
Pros
feed us on holidays, topping previous production days
Cons
short breaks 15 mn. lunches
Lots of overtime and best Company ever!
Construction Purchasing Agent/Millwright Helper (Former Employee) –  Roseburg, ORAugust 29, 2014
Worked 60-80 hrs a week in Construction. The owners and managers were fabulous. Coworkers were loyal, helpful and excepting. Although I wore many hats working here, I loved every part of this job.
Pros
benifits, hard work, long hours, wonderful company, training.
Was a good place to work in the beginning
Terminal Manager (Former Employee) –  Roseburg, ORAugust 1, 2014
I was ask to move to Roseburg for the Terminal Managers job, by the Director of Transportation. After being here for 9 months the Director got terminated due to politics and the new Director reorganized and I got cut. I have learned that large corporations that claim to have integrity don't care about what happens to there workers. The other people I worked with at Roseburg were great and it is a shame that they are driving good people away. The hardest part was learning there dispatch program . The most enjoyable part was helping the drivers in a place that had little respect for them.
Pros
good safety culture
Cons
health insurance deductables were high
Really Good
Dryer Stacker Operator (Former Employee) –  Coquille, ORJuly 13, 2014
I seriously liked this company a lot. Amazing benefits and co-workers. Management was really good too. Shifts weren't that great. Hardest part was nothing if you are in shape.
Pros
$, benefits
Cons
no tobacco property, shifts
Good pay decent hours
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Riddle OregonJuly 9, 2014
I worked summer as a laborer. As a college student this helped me pay for it without loans. The work is physically taxing and can be very frustrating and repetitive. The people there are a mix but most of the time they are okay to work with. Safe and fast pace is the two mains working there.
Pros
best pay for a summer worker
Cons
not very flexable with placing workers with seniority
Work environment is good but management isnt
Utility Operator (Current Employee) –  Dillard, ORJune 3, 2014
I go do my job, coworkers are awesome to work with, my supervisor is a great guy, other than that upper management isn't what you think.
Pros
good pay great benefits
Cons
poor management
Great place to work...
Safety Captain / Mill Operator (Former Employee) –  Roseburg ORMay 5, 2014
Good money, great management, good hours of work, and not flexible with you as a person.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
Good pay, Bad attitudes!
core layer (Former Employee) –  Coquille, ORApril 23, 2014
worked here for eleven years. Most earning potential in the area, but don't expect to be anything more than a laborer unless you are related to someone in management or you are willing to kiss butt and cut throats!
Pros
you can make $20 an hour with no education whatsoeverf
Cons
bad attitudes from management, supervisors, and co workers desperate to be supervisors.
Progressive Forestry Company
Lead GIS Analyst and Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Weed, CAMarch 3, 2014
Roseburg is an excellant company to work for. It is family owned and operated.
Only reason I am considering leaving is that I own a house that I would like to move back to.
great job
round table,green chain (Former Employee) –  Riddle, ORFebruary 17, 2014
roseburg forests has been my favorite place to work, i like mill work and its hard work witch i like
Pros
good job they take care of there employes
Cons
not really any
Sweat-shop environment
Skilled (Former Employee) –  ORFebruary 9, 2014
Good 'ol boy environment; Favoritism, and ignorance is abundant.
If you are hard-up, it'll pay the bills. Don-t go into debt, you may get stuck there!
Maintenance manager is a Putz.
very good job
melamine operator 1 (Current Employee) –  Missoula, MTDecember 24, 2013
It is a good place to work, managment is all about saftey and the well being of its employees. Management are always investing in education in being competitive with the world market. We have comfortable working conditions and investing in new equipment in the implication of our jobs.We are a very competitive work force meaning we always want to produce more than our sister shifts makes for good production and a healthy work inviorment.
Pros
no layoffs and allways rewarding us for bieng safe and productive, ie profit shares
Cons
breaks are short for twelve hr days