Roseburg Forest Products

Roseburg Forest Products Employee Reviews in United States

steady work with excellent pay, health and retirement benifits.
raimann offbearer (Current Employee) –  Coquille, ORSeptember 29, 2015
This is by far the best job I've ever had pay and benefits wise. The work is very physically demanding and can be frustrating at times but also rewarding. It is very easy to move up into an administrative position with this company and plenty of ways to get involved in different aspects of the company (i.e. safety, observation, lead person, over-time etc...), without moving into administration. This is a union mill and the workers are members of the local C I C, (carpenters industrial council.) Although the union provided great pay and medical coverage, I find working within a union-structured environment to be very challenging at times for various reasons. We as workers are well provided for and given many opportunities to succeed within the company.
Pros
great pay and benifits, oppertunities for advancement, opportunities for over-time, paid vacations.
Cons
shift work, graveyard shifts and "double-backs", whic means working two shifts within a 24 hour period.
Good place to work, great pay and good benefits.
Sheet turner (Former Employee) –  Dillar, Or.August 19, 2015
Just like any place you work, there are negative people and positive people, but I would say overall there are a lot of great men and women in this company, especially in management where it matters most. I personally worked with a great crew, but had filled in on other crews that weren't as enjoyable. Its a manufacturing job, so you show up, do your work and go home to your family, no real surprises there. There are lots of opportunities for advancement though.
Pros
compensation, management, benefits, safety, steady schedule
Cons
manufacturing jobs are not very challenging, extreme work temperatures
Great Company
Clerical Statistician/HR Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dillard, ORJuly 8, 2015
Work days were long but good and they paid overtime. I learned new leave and payroll laws as well as many HR functions. Management was uplifting and my co-workers were fun.
Pros
Good people
Cons
price of benefits
Really good pay for the area it is located.
Utility (Former Employee) –  Weed, CAMay 15, 2016
Personalization / family atmosphere was lost due to high speed automation and production. Jobs were lost. Employees were affected horribly, including myself.
Pros
Excellent pay, benefits
Cons
Rushed breaks and lunches
Used to be a fun place to work.
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dillard, ORJuly 13, 2016
I did not enjoy working here. I did not like going to work here everyday. I did not have an enjoyable experience at this company.
Making of plywood
Rainmen Operator (Former Employee) –  Dillard, ORSeptember 20, 2014
Worked graveyard shift, which made it difficult with having a family but worked out the best shift when it came to sports. Work day there was repetitive the same thing day in and day out when it came to working with veneer.
Got along well with all the employees and management. Its a physically hard working job and we all did our parts
Hardest part of the job was the shift, and getting used to the being up all night part. Physically it was hard on the body and the older you get the price you pay for working at such a physically demanding job
Loved the benefits and the pay
Pros
great pay;benefits;and great company to be employeed by
Cons
short breaks;physically demanding
productive work place
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Taylorsville, MSApril 5, 2016
Great Job!! have been working here for 8 months and love it. all employees get alone and have a positive attitude towards getting the daily task done.
Pros
12 hour work day - 14 days a month
Cons
Rewarding both financually as well as a possitive challenge.
Part-time Comon Labor (Former Employee) –  Riddle, ORNovember 14, 2013
My job started out as a clean up job on the spreaders and the lathes. I would clean glue resin and pitch of the large equipment. Later I went into production on the finish end working on the poly and putty lines. I also ran the cut back saw and edge and oil seal making ply wood up to its best standard possible. I also would band and package loads for shipment. I worked well under management as they were able to move me around to jobs due to my capabilities and job knowledge. I worked with groups of co-workers and at times alone. The job was physical, demanding but a good challenge as well.
Pros
the job had great benifits.
Cons
harsh weather made the job at times difficult.
challenging, rewarding,stability
Skoog Operator (Former Employee) –  Coquille, ORApril 24, 2015
I loved my job there, I like that the work was steady,mind challenging, working with hard workers alike, was a steady job, good benefits, was a place you could retire from.
Pros
pay, benefits, hard workers
Cons
Lots of overtime and best Company ever!
Construction Purchasing Agent/Millwright Helper (Former Employee) –  Roseburg, ORAugust 29, 2014
Worked 60-80 hrs a week in Construction. The owners and managers were fabulous. Coworkers were loyal, helpful and excepting. Although I wore many hats working here, I loved every part of this job.
Pros
benifits, hard work, long hours, wonderful company, training.
Not very stable company
Maintenance Master Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MSNovember 13, 2015
Company was doing ok till 2008 they was not quite large enough to handle the recession. They had to lay a lot of people off to try any keep the company running.
Pros
Not to hard work
Cons
Did not have enough business to keeep employes on.
Spent 18 years with business, can hardly complain, very good to me.
Production then Safety Coordinator assistant (Former Employee) –  Dillard, ORFebruary 15, 2012
The business fell short on many levels in the years prior to leaving. Not too many opportunities remain.
Pros
strong aquisitions, good benefits
Cons
few career opportunities within the company
Foresight and vision from management made it a good place to work.
Hog Operator (Former Employee) –  Riddle, OROctober 2, 2012
I found that the overall environment that management created and maintained made it easy to feel good about what I did there every day.
Pros
wages, benefits, management prowess, equipment
Cons
nothing worth mentioning
Really Good
Dryer Stacker Operator (Former Employee) –  Coquille, ORJuly 13, 2014
I seriously liked this company a lot. Amazing benefits and co-workers. Management was really good too. Shifts weren't that great. Hardest part was nothing if you are in shape.
Pros
$, benefits
Cons
no tobacco property, shifts
Work environment is good but management isnt
Utility Operator (Current Employee) –  Dillard, ORJune 3, 2014
I go do my job, coworkers are awesome to work with, my supervisor is a great guy, other than that upper management isn't what you think.
Pros
good pay great benefits
Cons
poor management
Good stable family oriented job
Dryer Operator (Former Employee) –  Dillard, ORApril 27, 2012
Great place to work, with good benifits and great people to work with. There is a good chance to move up in all positions with a bid system that takes high seniority first. I enjoyed working there and have made many life long friends.
Pros
payed lunch in all eight hour shift jobs
Company going thru transition
IT Sourcing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Roseburg, ORSeptember 30, 2015
Great people to work with. Privately held Forest Products company that's been in business for over 75 years, located in Dillard Or
very good job
melamine operator 1 (Current Employee) –  Missoula, MTDecember 24, 2013
It is a good place to work, managment is all about saftey and the well being of its employees. Management are always investing in education in being competitive with the world market. We have comfortable working conditions and investing in new equipment in the implication of our jobs.We are a very competitive work force meaning we always want to produce more than our sister shifts makes for good production and a healthy work inviorment.
Pros
no layoffs and allways rewarding us for bieng safe and productive, ie profit shares
Cons
breaks are short for twelve hr days
I enjoyed the fast pace of the daily operation. I enjoyed the drivers I worked with and the shipping office.
Transportation Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Dillard, ORNovember 13, 2013
Unfortunately upper management decided that the Company trucks need to have a reorganization. I was sad to leave the company there was a lot of the day to day operation that I enjoyed. It was a challenge each day to make sure I had all the drivers busy, making sure orders were not late and that appointments were made at the shipping office. It was a challenge to try to have the least amount of empty miles and drivers doing routes that were the most beneficial for the company.
Cons
my position was very busy, usually not taking lunches or breaks
Was a good place to work in the beginning
Terminal Manager (Former Employee) –  Roseburg, ORAugust 1, 2014
I was ask to move to Roseburg for the Terminal Managers job, by the Director of Transportation. After being here for 9 months the Director got terminated due to politics and the new Director reorganized and I got cut. I have learned that large corporations that claim to have integrity don't care about what happens to there workers. The other people I worked with at Roseburg were great and it is a shame that they are driving good people away. The hardest part was learning there dispatch program . The most enjoyable part was helping the drivers in a place that had little respect for them.
Pros
good safety culture
Cons
health insurance deductables were high

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Roseburg Forest Products. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3