Roseburg Forest Products

Roseburg Forest Products Employee Reviews

Short Review
Safety Technician (Former Employee) –  Roseburg, ORFebruary 1, 2017
Was a decent place to work at the engineered wood facility, one of many plants. The employees in the plant were great to work with but management was not in good sorts. Was hard to go to work most days. Had lots of great experience and many useful tools i will carry on in my career.
Benefits
Production over Safety
Core Grader (Former Employee) –  Riddle, ORFebruary 4, 2017
This company is perfect to work for if all you need is a pay check. The benefits are great but being Union doesn't allow for a whole lot of self worth promotion which means everyone is lazy and just buying their time.
great people to work with
Mill Worker (Former Employee) –  Weed, CAJuly 30, 2016
great co-workers n great pay n benifits you learn alot about the job n how to get along with people of different back grounds n clean work areas for the most of the time
Culture Changes Every 5-7 years
Desktop/Imaging Technician (Current Employee) –  Dillard, ORJuly 16, 2016
Culture in Information Technology since 2003 has changed at least 3 times with the introduction of a new CIO/Director of the department. The management styles of each are vastly different and how they communicate to the employees is directly related to the location and status with the company. Within the Helpdesk the culture is more open and thoughts and questions have flowed more freely - beyond there are structures put in place that inhibit communication and even block it from occurring in some cases where it could benefit the company.

Corporate re-branding and improvements to be more driven on the marketing Roseburg seems to be in a good position for the future with a good core leadership in the CEO and President.
Pros
Overtime is generally ok
Cons
Communication
Really good pay for the area it is located.
Utility (Former Employee) –  Weed, CAMay 15, 2016
Personalization / family atmosphere was lost due to high speed automation and production. Jobs were lost. Employees were affected horribly, including myself.
Pros
Excellent pay, benefits
Cons
Rushed breaks and lunches
Great place to work and raise a family
Plywood Manufacturing, Skoog Operator (Current Employee) –  Coquille, ORFebruary 15, 2017
This company cares about their employees and has an open door policy. I enjoy the work I do and the people I work with. Hardest part of my job is the hours, but it is an amazing job so it makes up for it. The most enjoyable part of my job is the team work and great management.
Pros
Rate of Pay is amazing
Cons
Health care takes several months to kick in.
Difficult Work but Very Good Pay
Grader (Former Employee) –  Weed, CAOctober 26, 2016
I worked at Roseburg first on green chain, then feeding, then grading. When working overtime the money I was making there was enough to pay for college without needing any loans. It was very hard work, but it was also very rewarding to be getting paid nearly 20 dollars an hour.
steady work with excellent pay, health and retirement benifits.
raimann offbearer (Current Employee) –  Coquille, ORSeptember 29, 2015
This is by far the best job I've ever had pay and benefits wise. The work is very physically demanding and can be frustrating at times but also rewarding. It is very easy to move up into an administrative position with this company and plenty of ways to get involved in different aspects of the company (i.e. safety, observation, lead person, over-time etc...), without moving into administration. This is a union mill and the workers are members of the local C I C, (carpenters industrial council.) Although the union provided great pay and medical coverage, I find working within a union-structured environment to be very challenging at times for various reasons. We as workers are well provided for and given many opportunities to succeed within the company.
Pros
great pay and benifits, oppertunities for advancement, opportunities for over-time, paid vacations.
Cons
shift work, graveyard shifts and "double-backs", whic means working two shifts within a 24 hour period.
Good place to work, great pay and good benefits.
Sheet turner (Former Employee) –  Dillar, Or.August 19, 2015
Just like any place you work, there are negative people and positive people, but I would say overall there are a lot of great men and women in this company, especially in management where it matters most. I personally worked with a great crew, but had filled in on other crews that weren't as enjoyable. Its a manufacturing job, so you show up, do your work and go home to your family, no real surprises there. There are lots of opportunities for advancement though.
Pros
compensation, management, benefits, safety, steady schedule
Cons
manufacturing jobs are not very challenging, extreme work temperatures
Things change
Utility (Former Employee) –  Riddle, ORSeptember 22, 2016
I loved my job until I started to be bullied by the higher ups in the company. I got sick, really really sick and was fired over the phone. The phone that is not professional at all.
Pros
Pay, insurance
Cons
Anti equality, no air during summer( too hot)
Loved working here
Off bearing (Former Employee) –  Dillard, ORFebruary 12, 2017
Loved being there just had a hard time with some of the managers . Otherwise a great place to work. Hard on your body but a great workout.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Short lunch
Excellent, accomodating employer
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rocklin, CAAugust 17, 2016
I absolutely loved working for their Rocklin office. Dave and Jamie promote a culture of greatness while remaining cognizant of family demands. I am sad that the company is transitioning to their Oregon office and I will no longer be with them. Best wishes!
Rewarding both financually as well as a possitive challenge.
Part-time Comon Labor (Former Employee) –  Riddle, ORNovember 14, 2013
My job started out as a clean up job on the spreaders and the lathes. I would clean glue resin and pitch of the large equipment. Later I went into production on the finish end working on the poly and putty lines. I also ran the cut back saw and edge and oil seal making ply wood up to its best standard possible. I also would band and package loads for shipment. I worked well under management as they were able to move me around to jobs due to my capabilities and job knowledge. I worked with groups of co-workers and at times alone. The job was physical, demanding but a good challenge as well.
Pros
The job had great benifits.
Cons
Harsh weather made the job at times difficult.
Making of plywood
Rainmen Operator (Former Employee) –  Dillard, ORSeptember 20, 2014
Worked graveyard shift, which made it difficult with having a family but worked out the best shift when it came to sports. Work day there was repetitive the same thing day in and day out when it came to working with veneer.
Got along well with all the employees and management. Its a physically hard working job and we all did our parts
Hardest part of the job was the shift, and getting used to the being up all night part. Physically it was hard on the body and the older you get the price you pay for working at such a physically demanding job
Loved the benefits and the pay
Pros
great pay;benefits;and great company to be employeed by
Cons
short breaks;physically demanding
Productive and growing work place.
Fire Watch (Former Employee) –  Coquille, ORSeptember 8, 2016
Great work enviroment, with great pay. Downfall is that you spend 50-70 hours or more at work, so very little room for family life.
Great Company
Clerical Statistician/HR Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dillard, ORJuly 8, 2015
Work days were long but good and they paid overtime. I learned new leave and payroll laws as well as many HR functions. Management was uplifting and my co-workers were fun.
Pros
Good people
Cons
price of benefits
Used to be a fun place to work.
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dillard, ORJuly 13, 2016
I did not enjoy working here. I did not like going to work here everyday. I did not have an enjoyable experience at this company.
Lots of overtime and best Company ever!
Construction Purchasing Agent/Millwright Helper (Former Employee) –  Roseburg, ORAugust 29, 2014
Worked 60-80 hrs a week in Construction. The owners and managers were fabulous. Coworkers were loyal, helpful and excepting. Although I wore many hats working here, I loved every part of this job.
Pros
Benifits, hard work, long hours, wonderful company, training.
Spent 18 years with business, can hardly complain, very good to me.
Production then Safety Coordinator assistant (Former Employee) –  Dillard, ORFebruary 15, 2012
The business fell short on many levels in the years prior to leaving. Not too many opportunities remain.
Pros
strong aquisitions, good benefits
Cons
few career opportunities within the company
Foresight and vision from management made it a good place to work.
Hog Operator (Former Employee) –  Riddle, OROctober 2, 2012
I found that the overall environment that management created and maintained made it easy to feel good about what I did there every day.
Pros
wages, benefits, management prowess, equipment
Cons
nothing worth mentioning

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Roseburg Forest Products. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2