Rosecrance Health Network Employee Reviews

If you want to be treated like a piece of s***
Unit Specialist (Current Employee) –  RGW-RockfordNovember 15, 2017
The higher ups treat you like you are an idiot, will talk poorly about you with another higher up IN FRONT OF YOUR FACE, and belittle you. You are expected to be two people instead of one with watching the children and other miscellaneous work.. NO BREAKS.. It’s even almost impossible to get someone to relieve you for a bathroom break. Management pretty much sets you up to fail. Pay is insulting. The only good thing is the kids and how much you can make a difference in their lives.
Pros
Making a difference
Cons
Everything else
Great experience, high turnover, high stress
Addiction Counselor (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILSeptember 26, 2017
An addiction counselor does it all-- case management, individual therapy, family therapy and group therapy. It's great experience for new counselors, but the turnover is high, training is inadequate and the building is understaffed. The work itself is stressful. The team is helpful, but each member is also overwhelmed, and unfortunately administration is sometimes more concerned with filling beds than helping its employees be successful and not burn out.
Pros
Pto, gain experience
Cons
On Call rotation
Learn hands on in the Substance Abuse field
Access Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILJuly 26, 2017
If you're looking for something different every day, this will be your cup of tea. Definitely great for someone starting out after finishing school-- will give you a very unique experience
good job i guess
Unit Technician (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILJuly 26, 2017
Pretty good I would recommend to a friend. workplace culture. a typical day in the work place management the hardest part of the job the most enjoyable part of job
Group Counselor-Drugs/Alcohol (Former Employee) –  Rockford, IL 61107July 14, 2017
A typical day at work was supervising clients during education attainment. Monitored behavioral. Completed the necessary paper work. What I have learned is to make sure I was aware of the changes within the clients behaviors. Management was very supportive of the team. Workplace culture was good. The hardest part of the job was coping with clients death due to relapse or overdose. The most enjoyable part was seeing a client make it through, and working with a good group of team memebers.
Pros
Team togetherness
Cons
short breaks
Great Environment
Cook (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILJune 21, 2017
The people I work with in the kitchen are amazing. The employees I interact with outside of the kitchen are kind, understanding, and fun to chat with. There is never a dull moment. It is quick paced and there is room to learn and grow.
Productive place to work
Unit Technician (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJune 12, 2017
Rosecrance Network had excellent management and a great work culture. A typical day included meeting for groups with teens, exercising, and attending NA/AA meetings off campus.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Low pay
Calm and Motivated place to work
Unit Technician (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILJune 10, 2017
A typical day at work would include, first coming in and doing bed checks to make sure kids are asleep. Although some that are detoxing you may have to stay and talk with them for a while to make them more comfortable to go back to sleep. Maybe even hours, but you have to be patience and have a caring heart.. The most enjoyable part is seeing the patient off the drugs and the conversations that you've had with some of them actually helped
Pros
Get to get on the internet
Cons
Never a weekend off
Room to grow
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILMay 24, 2017
There is grow, working in the kitchen. I did more than one position. They 're always looking for more staff through out the building as well. The management is okay.
Pros
Meals
Cons
Nice facilities, well run organization.
Controller (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILApril 17, 2017
Rosecrance is a substance abuse rehabilitation facility with multiple locations. It is well run from top to bottom. Extremely clean and great staff with understanding for the clients.
Pros
Very clean
Cons
Sometimes can be difficult seeing children's facility.
great company
Mental Health Clinician (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILApril 4, 2017
Support and coworkers are great if you are in the right location. Some supervisors expect you to live to work and others are aware of a life outside of the office.
Good way to learn skills.
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILMarch 11, 2017
This is a good job for those beginning there job/career in mental health. There could be some improvements that would benefit the company. There are some good management that work for this company.
Pros
Experience
Cons
salary
Get your feet wet then bounce
Unit Technician (Former Employee) –  Rockford, IL RGWNovember 10, 2016
Very poor management. Expectations of employees outweigh compensation. Supervisors constantly brag about the availability of PTO, but hardly approve time. I've been denied PTO the day before, day of, and day after requested schedule day. There is lots of gossip among coworkers. Make sure all your ducks are in a row because if something isn't done right, someone WILL try and throw you under the bus. HR makes it seem like this such a great company to work for. It's all just a bunch of smoke and mirrors.
Pros
I'll let you know if I can come up with any.
Cons
Low wages, cliquish environment, no work/life balance
Mental Health
Medical Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILNovember 9, 2016
I saw my family member battling demons I couldn't see nor did I understand. It wasn't until I starting working in mental health did I starting learning that mental health is real and substance abuse is just one thing that is messing with our world. We try to help, and I think they are doing a good job of it.
Pros
great insurance, friendly atmosphere to work, fun employee events
Nice place
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILOctober 20, 2016
Everyone was really nice and respectful the kids were nice as well , I didn't get as many hours as I wanted but I got what I needed. I would work for them again.
Great
Mental Health (Current Employee) –  RosecranceOctober 18, 2016
I have worked for Rosecrance for a few years now. I would have to say overall the experience that you gain is great. I love the interactions with clients, family and outside providers. Great benefits, ok PTO, and trainings are always available. What sad to say is that you are overworked, underpaid. Rosecrance is a great company and has continue to expand/open up new programs/facilities but treat employees like they are not the reason the company is growing. I get it, it is an up and down situation with state budgets, but they care more about expanding the company then appreciating their employees. Staff members gossip so much, backstabbing, and often condescending. I have witness people talking about supervisors, or certain staff members get special treatment or special schedules, while others buss their behinds and no recognition is shown. So people can work, work, work while others just sit around and act as if they are in charge and they are NOT! You are often burnt out and no one cares as long as productivity is met, not even realizing that this is why employees seek opportunities elsewhere. Do not believe the hype, do not let them sell you a fake dream, like I said good company but not a lifetime goal...

Gain the experience and move on....
Benefits
Terrible Upper Management
Unit Staff (Current Employee) –  RGWSeptember 30, 2016
For the past few years, under current leadership, the RGW facility has sharply deteriorated. Jason Gorham is incompetent. Not sure how much he is paid, but $1 is too much. Under his leadership there has been a large increase in employee turnover. His style of "do what I say without question" is not working. The place has potential for turn around, but needs new management at Administrator and Unit Supervisor levels. Unfortunately, the "Rosecrance Way" has changed, leaving those who work with the patients frustrated, overworked, and underpaid. It's a sad shell of what it used to be.
Pros
Caring Unit Technicians and Counselors
Cons
Incompetent Management
Great Management
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILSeptember 21, 2016
Management was great trying to do something extra to boost moral. Company is hard to get into and hard to keep staff. High rate of turn over due to co-workers and job details.
Pros
Management was great
Cons
Clients thought that you had to bend over backward for them.
Poor Work Environment
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILAugust 23, 2016
The actual work I did, I enjoyed. The work environment is horrible. You are expected to work more than 40 hours per week in order to get everything done. Primary focus is on productivity standards which directly relates to how much money is made. They push for more direct service time, not to benefit the client, but because it means more money is earned. Employees are often threatened with write-ups unless you are in the "inner circle", which is very clear who is in and who is out. Generous PTO policy, but not really able to use as that means you won't have any productivity for the day.
Pros
Coworkers
Read First.
Case manager (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILAugust 15, 2016
The work culture is amazing. Most employees and supervisors are wonderful and are there to support you. PTO is a huge plus as well as good health insurance. The pay is TOO LOW. I was making about half of what I am now with the same qualifications. Rosecrance is a good place to gain experience and then move to the next opportunity. However if the pay were better, I'd probably be working there for quite a while.
Pros
People
Cons
Pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rosecrance Health Network. Our community is ready to answer.

Rosecrance Health Network Reviews by Location