Rosecrance Health Network

Rosecrance Health Network Employer Reviews

SMOKE AND MIRRORS.....RUN AWAY FAST!!!
Adolescent Substance Abuse Counselor (Current Employee), Rockford, ILFebruary 16, 2014
Pros: free coffee to all the top level executives.
Cons: you name it.
HORRIBLE WAGES
THIRD RATE BENEFITS
SEVERELY UNDERSTAFFED
UNPROFESSIONAL ADMINISTRATION
OVERALL LACK OF ACCOUNTABILITY
HIGH TURNOVER RATE
NO ADVANCEMENT

As a longtime supporter of this organization, I was offered a position counseling adolescent substance abuse patients. I entered into this arrangement with nothing but the utmost respect and admiration – more... for Rosecrance Health Network. Little did I know, I was signing up for the worst employment experience of my life!

When they first told me that I would be making literally pennies over minimum wage, my first thought was that I would do my best and advance through the ranks. Rosecrance had long been a staple in the Rockford community with strong ties to local government, so it must be doing something right with plenty of room for advancement. After only a few weeks, I began to realize just what I had gotten myself into
This place is a quagmire of problems due to the pathetic wages, poor benefits, lack of professionalism, and severe understaffing. Employees walk out the door in droves, only to be replaced by yet another unskilled and unsuspecting college student. The level of patient care is astounding!!! To think that someone would actually trust Rosecrance with the care and safety of their child is ridiculous. From the moment of entry, they are fed a cocktail of medications to keep them comatose long enough to bilk the insurance companies out of tens of thousands of dollars. All to pay their employees little or no compensation for their hard work and effort. BUT HEY...IT'S NON-PROFIT RIGHT? That's why this organization is buying up property and expanding like it's going out of style.

DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND GO FLIP BURGERS! YOU WILL ACTUALLY BE ABLE TO MAKE A BETTER LIVING AND NOT GET USED IN THE PROCESS. – less
Good company to work for.
Administrative Specialist (Current Employee), Rockford, ILSeptember 9, 2013
A great group of people passionate about helping people.

It's a fast paced environment and a fun place to work.
Discriminatory
Employment seeker (Former Employee), RockfordJune 30, 2013
You need a new human resource recruiter. The person you have now obviously does not know how to properly screen applicants. Qualified individuals don't get called for interviews.
A Wonderful Place to Work
Addiction Counselor Intern (Former Employee), Rockford, ILFebruary 5, 2013
Pros: support
Cons: some unfriendly staff
Management, Environment and place of work, people oriented and team work, its a great place to be.
Unit Technician
Unit Technician (Former Employee), Rockford, ILJanuary 29, 2013
This is a good company to work for in general, have great co-workers and working with adolescent through rehab
Place has great mission, but is way too micromanaged
Unit staff at adult treatment center (Current Employee), Rockford, ILJanuary 19, 2013
Pros: interesting work environment, time never passes slowly
Cons: agency micromanaged and having trouble adjusting to its size, rapid growth.
It's a great place to get experience if working in the mental health/addiction field is your career choice. The place really does care about its clients.

Unfortunately, the funding sources for clients without insurance are very lacking and many of those needing treatment do not receive it here. It did not used to be that way, but the economy has really – more... hit state and federal funding. And, as at most treatment centers, the insurance-linked and self-pay clients always come first.

Unfortunately, clients with their own funding sources are also treated superiorly by the agency. Most of the staff are very dedicated to the clients, but a good number of the employees are not educated enough on the disease concept of addiction/mental health diagnoses and treat the clients very poorly (examples would be berating the clients, believing the old stereotypes regarding those with addiction and/or mental health issues as if addiction is a choice and that the clients are lower than them, etc.).

Management is blind to a lot of this and the overall size and rapid growth of this agency have added to management's not always being available to address unit and/or staff issues. Without management's attention to staff issues, the clients are the ones most hurt most. – less
Great employees to work with.
Social Worker- Mental Health Clinician (Current Employee), Rockford, ILJanuary 7, 2013
Pros: it is the biggest community mental health, and substance abuse agencies in northern illinois.
Cons: they take advantage of paying their employees very little, and little room for advancement, and pay raises.
I truly enjoy working with the employees, but I am not working in the field I feel best suits me. There is almost no room for advancement. There is a lot of bereaucratic red tape that is not suited within my moral, and ethical standards. I would like to see some changes made, but the employees voices are not heard.
great company
Internship (Former Employee), Rockford, ILSeptember 25, 2012
this is were I did my intership, and sadly they did not have a position for me to take on full time. Overall, I was able to use all my skills as a medical assistant
A positive workplace
Summer Intern (Former Employee), Rockford, ILJuly 6, 2012
I have had a great experience working at Rosecrance. I have been able to expand my skill base and become familiarization with the clinical side of Therapeutic Recreation.
At Rosecrance, many people work together to provide the best possible treatment services to help you along the road to recovery. These individuals inc
Assistant Director of Facilities (Former Employee), Rockford ILApril 5, 2012
Pros: family setting
Cons: not being able to know everyone over 500 employees
They are committed to providing the highest level of care to our clients. Rosecrance conducts continual performance and procedure reviews that encompass every facet of the organization. This ongoing process helps us identify training and programming needs to enhances our goal of lifelong recovery.