Rosecrance Health Network

Rosecrance Health Network Employer Reviews

Don't Work for Rosecrance
Crisis Intervention Specialist (Former Employee), Rockford, ILJanuary 16, 2015
Training is minimal, management is not supportive, pay is OK. HR does not have employee's best interest in hand. My co-workers were great
Great team co-workers, good atmosphere with solid supervision.
Mental Health Professional (Current Employee), Rockford, ILJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: gas mileage, interacting with clients and their families, meeting new people, being able to contact co-workers and have questions answered.
Cons: they pay terrible, the big wigs say "rosecrance is comparable to other networks similar to them, " but it is completely false.
Meet clients at their homes and at their schools to counsel them and work on improving their lifestyles by following their treatment plans. We help clients build their treatment plans by communicating with them and their family to determine which goals they want to accomplish and improve upon. As a Mental Health Professional, we complete Mental Health Assessments.
The hardest part about the job is when my clients regress from their treatment due to their family not following through on the goals we set for them. The best part is when clients graduate the program and move on to less intensive care services.

I make $13.40 per hour with a Bachelor's Degree required position. The turnover rate is very high due to that and it affects the clients. The company spent millions of dollars this past year on upgrading new buildings for PR purposes. Client care is not a priority here and they do not hide that issue. It's all about getting the required billable hours at any cost. They want hourly individuals to cut back on overtime, but the salary individual can "work overtime because it does not affect the budget." I have a hard time working for this company, but it is what I have at this point and time.
FIND ANOTHER CAREER
Counselor (Former Employee), Rockford, ILNovember 26, 2014
Pros: collegiality of those who are on the 'floor' with 'clients'
Cons: over-bearing administration, poor wages, excessive client charting, minimal opportunity for advancement, few long-term employees.
I withstood the onslaught of the Administration at Rosecrance for about three years. The pay was deplorable. Management is a tight-knit, entrenched circle of Phil Eaton followers. While they are making six-figure incomes, the staff under them is underpaid, expected to work far more than a 40 hour week with no compensation for over-time. JAACO inspections drive the clinical environment. Positive results mean 'accreditation' which translates out to the flow of insurance dollars. Unless one is looking to spend 10 - 15 years at the Counselor level to obtain a "supervisor" position, advancement is out of the question. Rosecrance has invested hundreds of thousands of dollars in their facilities. The newer Adolescent Center and the new Frank Ware mental health facility are simply 'eye candy' which attracts wealthy suburbanites who bring their 'out of control' teenagers for 'treatment'....and pay premium prices for it. Bottom line? Alcoholics Anonymous still has the best track record, the highest percentage of those who enjoy long-lasting recovery and still does it for nothing. Like I said -- find another career!
SMOKE AND MIRRORS.....RUN AWAY FAST!!!
Adolescent Substance Abuse Counselor (Current Employee), Rockford, ILFebruary 16, 2014
Pros: free coffee to all the top level executives.
Cons: you name it.
HORRIBLE WAGES
THIRD RATE BENEFITS
SEVERELY UNDERSTAFFED
UNPROFESSIONAL ADMINISTRATION
OVERALL LACK OF ACCOUNTABILITY
HIGH TURNOVER RATE
NO ADVANCEMENT

As a longtime supporter of this organization, I was offered a position counseling adolescent substance abuse patients. I entered into this arrangement with nothing but the utmost respect and admiration for Rosecrance Health Network. Little did I know, I was signing up for the worst employment experience of my life!

When they first told me that I would be making literally pennies over minimum wage, my first thought was that I would do my best and advance through the ranks. Rosecrance had long been a staple in the Rockford community with strong ties to local government, so it must be doing something right with plenty of room for advancement. After only a few weeks, I began to realize just what I had gotten myself into
This place is a quagmire of problems due to the pathetic wages, poor benefits, lack of professionalism, and severe understaffing. Employees walk out the door in droves, only to be replaced by yet another unskilled and unsuspecting college student. The level of patient care is astounding!!! To think that someone would actually trust Rosecrance with the care and safety of their child is ridiculous. From the moment of entry, they are fed a cocktail of medications to keep them comatose long enough to bilk the insurance companies out of tens of thousands of dollars. All to pay their employees little or no compensation for their hard work and effort. BUT HEY...IT'S NON-PROFIT RIGHT? That's why this organization is buying up property and expanding like it's going out of style.

DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND GO FLIP BURGERS! YOU WILL ACTUALLY BE ABLE TO MAKE A BETTER LIVING AND NOT GET USED IN THE PROCESS.
Good company to work for.
Administrative Specialist (Current Employee), Rockford, ILSeptember 9, 2013
A great group of people passionate about helping people.

It's a fast paced environment and a fun place to work.
Discriminatory
Employment seeker (Former Employee), RockfordJune 30, 2013
You need a new human resource recruiter. The person you have now obviously does not know how to properly screen applicants. Qualified individuals don't get called for interviews.
A Wonderful Place to Work
Addiction Counselor Intern (Former Employee), Rockford, ILFebruary 5, 2013
Pros: support
Cons: some unfriendly staff
Management, Environment and place of work, people oriented and team work, its a great place to be.
Unit Technician
Unit Technician (Former Employee), Rockford, ILJanuary 29, 2013
This is a good company to work for in general, have great co-workers and working with adolescent through rehab
Place has great mission, but is way too micromanaged
Unit staff at adult treatment center (Current Employee), Rockford, ILJanuary 19, 2013
Pros: interesting work environment, time never passes slowly
Cons: agency micromanaged and having trouble adjusting to its size, rapid growth.
It's a great place to get experience if working in the mental health/addiction field is your career choice. The place really does care about its clients.

Unfortunately, the funding sources for clients without insurance are very lacking and many of those needing treatment do not receive it here. It did not used to be that way, but the economy has really hit state and federal funding. And, as at most treatment centers, the insurance-linked and self-pay clients always come first.

Unfortunately, clients with their own funding sources are also treated superiorly by the agency. Most of the staff are very dedicated to the clients, but a good number of the employees are not educated enough on the disease concept of addiction/mental health diagnoses and treat the clients very poorly (examples would be berating the clients, believing the old stereotypes regarding those with addiction and/or mental health issues as if addiction is a choice and that the clients are lower than them, etc.).

Management is blind to a lot of this and the overall size and rapid growth of this agency have added to management's not always being available to address unit and/or staff issues. Without management's attention to staff issues, the clients are the ones most hurt most.
Great employees to work with.
Social Worker- Mental Health Clinician (Current Employee), Rockford, ILJanuary 7, 2013
Pros: it is the biggest community mental health, and substance abuse agencies in northern illinois.
Cons: they take advantage of paying their employees very little, and little room for advancement, and pay raises.
I truly enjoy working with the employees, but I am not working in the field I feel best suits me. There is almost no room for advancement. There is a lot of bereaucratic red tape that is not suited within my moral, and ethical standards. I would like to see some changes made, but the employees voices are not heard.
great company
Internship (Former Employee), Rockford, ILSeptember 25, 2012
this is were I did my intership, and sadly they did not have a position for me to take on full time. Overall, I was able to use all my skills as a medical assistant
A positive workplace
Summer Intern (Former Employee), Rockford, ILJuly 6, 2012
I have had a great experience working at Rosecrance. I have been able to expand my skill base and become familiarization with the clinical side of Therapeutic Recreation.
At Rosecrance, many people work together to provide the best possible treatment services to help you along the road to recovery. These individuals inc
Assistant Director of Facilities (Former Employee), Rockford ILApril 5, 2012
Pros: family setting
Cons: not being able to know everyone over 500 employees
They are committed to providing the highest level of care to our clients. Rosecrance conducts continual performance and procedure reviews that encompass every facet of the organization. This ongoing process helps us identify training and programming needs to enhances our goal of lifelong recovery.