Rosecrance Health Network

Rosecrance Health Network Employee Reviews

Get your feet wet then bounce
Unit Technician (Former Employee) –  Rockford, IL RGWNovember 10, 2016
Very poor management. Expectations of employees outweigh compensation. Supervisors constantly brag about the availability of PTO, but hardly approve time. I've been denied PTO the day before, day of, and day after requested schedule day. There is lots of gossip among coworkers. Make sure all your ducks are in a row because if something isn't done right, someone WILL try and throw you under the bus. HR makes it seem like this such a great company to work for. It's all just a bunch of smoke and mirrors.
Pros
I'll let you know if I can come up with any.
Cons
Low wages, cliquish environment, no work/life balance
Nice place
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILOctober 20, 2016
Everyone was really nice and respectful the kids were nice as well , I didn't get as many hours as I wanted but I got what I needed. I would work for them again.
Great
Mental Health (Current Employee) –  RosecranceOctober 18, 2016
I have worked for Rosecrance for a few years now. I would have to say overall the experience that you gain is great. I love the interactions with clients, family and outside providers. Great benefits, ok PTO, and trainings are always available. What sad to say is that you are overworked, underpaid. Rosecrance is a great company and has continue to expand/open up new programs/facilities but treat employees like they are not the reason the company is growing. I get it, it is an up and down situation with state budgets, but they care more about expanding the company then appreciating their employees. Staff members gossip so much, backstabbing, and often condescending. I have witness people talking about supervisors, or certain staff members get special treatment or special schedules, while others buss their behinds and no recognition is shown. So people can work, work, work while others just sit around and act as if they are in charge and they are NOT! You are often burnt out and no one cares as long as productivity is met, not even realizing that this is why employees seek opportunities elsewhere. Do not believe the hype, do not let them sell you a fake dream, like I said good company but not a lifetime goal...

Gain the experience and move on....
Benefits
Terrible Upper Management
Unit Staff (Current Employee) –  RGWSeptember 30, 2016
For the past few years, under current leadership, the RGW facility has sharply deteriorated. Jason Gorham is incompetent. Not sure how much he is paid, but $1 is too much. Under his leadership there has been a large increase in employee turnover. His style of "do what I say without question" is not working. The place has potential for turn around, but needs new management at Administrator and Unit Supervisor levels. Unfortunately, the "Rosecrance Way" has changed, leaving those who work with the patients frustrated, overworked, and underpaid. It's a sad shell of what it used to be.
Pros
Caring Unit Technicians and Counselors
Cons
Incompetent Management
Great Management
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILSeptember 21, 2016
Management was great trying to do something extra to boost moral. Company is hard to get into and hard to keep staff. High rate of turn over due to co-workers and job details.
Pros
Management was great
Cons
Clients thought that you had to bend over backward for them.
Poor Work Environment
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILAugust 23, 2016
The actual work I did, I enjoyed. The work environment is horrible. You are expected to work more than 40 hours per week in order to get everything done. Primary focus is on productivity standards which directly relates to how much money is made. They push for more direct service time, not to benefit the client, but because it means more money is earned. Employees are often threatened with write-ups unless you are in the "inner circle", which is very clear who is in and who is out. Generous PTO policy, but not really able to use as that means you won't have any productivity for the day.
Pros
Coworkers
Read First.
Case manager (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILAugust 15, 2016
The work culture is amazing. Most employees and supervisors are wonderful and are there to support you. PTO is a huge plus as well as good health insurance. The pay is TOO LOW. I was making about half of what I am now with the same qualifications. Rosecrance is a good place to gain experience and then move to the next opportunity. However if the pay were better, I'd probably be working there for quite a while.
Pros
People
Cons
Pay
Lasting Recovery
Unit Counselor (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJune 28, 2016
A good place for people who want to get well to do that. The workers or my co-workers were what made this place great. Some of them were so amazing in what they did for and with clients that it still astounds me. They made the place such an awesome place for people to come and heal from a deadly disease.
Great place to work for.
Environmental service technician (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILMay 30, 2016
Friendly staff, great working environment. Rosecrance is a very good treatment facility and I would recommend it to anyone in need of help.
Quality workplace with good management.
Recovery Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILMarch 31, 2016
I work with many different types of people and found that management will guide you and aid you to succeed. While working there was able to learn how to accept rather than change all the time and was able to understand that different personalities of co-workers that make up how the place runs affectively. The hardest part of the job is to take time out so that one doesn't get burned out as well as having to aid to the clients needs all the time.
Pros
Lots of experience
Cons
Compensation/funding and lots of demands
Amazing place.
Unit Technician (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILMarch 8, 2016
Amazing happy place to work, great place to learn. Great people. Can get very emotional at times Watching someone find success is an amazing feeling.
Pros
Culture, co workers
Cons
non
Excellent education!
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILNovember 1, 2015
As a former employee of Rosecrace, I can tell you first hand that the education I received working at the adolescent inpatient facility was hands down the best preparation for working with diverse populations in a therapeutic setting. It is important to understand that working for Rosecrance is definitely not about the money, rather, the education you receive to help establish yourself as a competent clinician in the field of social services.
Pros
Fun atmosphere. Minimal micro-management.
Cons
Poor wages.
Network Administrator Support
Telecommunications Analyst (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILOctober 5, 2015
This is great company to work for and I have learned a lot. This company has a great meaning to patient recovery. The hope and strength that everyone has is the best part of working for this company.
Great company and allows for advancement
Addiction Counselor (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILAugust 7, 2015
I started at Rosecrance as a direct care staff. I was able to cover cases while a unit counselor and able to move up to an addiction counselor directly from there. I have worked with adolescent boys 13-19 for the past 5 years. Although some days are harder than others, the company is very proactive and helpful. They provide only the best, evidence based practices. The team that I have worked on is great and supportive.
Pros
experience, advancement, evidence based practices
Cons
work load at times
Fast paced work environment
Crisis/Treatment Counselor (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJuly 19, 2015
Requires organization, focus, problem-solving skills, patience, and self motivation to meet the needs of young people struggling with mental illness and substance abuse.
don't do it
Unit Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rosecrance Ware CenterMay 19, 2015
Rosecrance does not pay it's employees a realistic liveable wage. I have worked there for 7 years and felt trapped by not being able to get out due to not having enough money to move or better my circumstances.
Pros
co workers, pretty buildings
Cons
everything else
Unprofessional management with lots of gossip and no room for professional growth
Addiction Counselor (Current Employee) –  RGWApril 3, 2015
I have worked for this company for over 10 years and for the past 2-3 years this program at RGW has gone downhill significantly. The management is HORRIBLE!!!!! A complete lack of professionalism and lack of management skills. A person can request PTO months in advance and the manager will deny a few days before the scheduled PTO (after lots of reminder emails have been sent) Supervisors will roll their eyes at you and walk away along with lie directly to your face and to HR. Supervisors do not respond to e-mails or voicemails and there is no support for clinical staff. Employees are scared to talk to supervisors as supervisors are write up happy. Supervisors engage in gossip with each other and operate on personal likes and dislikes vs. what is best for the employee and the clients. There are minimal opportunities for trainings and professional growth is laughable. Employee retention is extremely low and this has been mainly due to the issues of poor supervisors. A masters degree position for a company as large as this should not be starting off at $36,000 salary! The CEO makes around $400,000 annually and other board of directors make gradually a bit less for each position. Go to guidestar.org (The 990) to check out the ratio of those big wigs salary to how much money Rosecrance makes a year...At least if you are not going to pay your employees well, at least treat them with respect! This is an unfortunately poor review; however, it is true. This company used to respect the employees, now everyone who does not act like a puppet gets discriminated against and they will be thrown  more... into the pit of what they call disposable employees.  less
Pros
Co-workers, working to help people regain their lifes back
Cons
All aspects of the HORRIBLE managment at RGW, lack of professinal growth and development, poor wages for degree level
Beginning to more extensive clerical experiance
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILMarch 5, 2015
Rosecrance was a great beginning position for me and I learned a lot working there. I got to work with a very diverse population that needed a lot of assistance. I quickly learned that the job I had was very time consuming and that gave me an opportunity to understand how important time management is in order to complete all my daily tasks. My co-workers were such wonderful people and I learned so much from each one of them. My days were typically busy from the moment I stepped in the door until the time I left for the evening. I had the opportunity to train many other employees while I worked there and learned a lot about training people from different backgrounds than myself. I also better understood that different people have different ways of learning and relating the material to the person is one of the most important parts. I loved helping clients and found the job very fulfilling.
This is a great company.
Telecommunications Analyst (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILJanuary 25, 2015
This has been a great and educational company to work for during my whole career here.
Don't Work for Rosecrance
Crisis Intervention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJanuary 16, 2015
Training is minimal, management is not supportive, pay is OK. HR does not have employee's best interest in hand. My co-workers were great

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rosecrance Health Network. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9