Rosecrance Health Network

Rosecrance Health Network Employee Reviews

Unprofessional management with lots of gossip and no room for professional growth
Addiction Counselor (Current Employee), RGWApril 3, 2015
Pros: Co-workers, working to help people regain their lifes back
Cons: All aspects of the HORRIBLE managment at RGW, lack of professinal growth and development, poor wages for degree level
I have worked for this company for over 10 years and for the past 2-3 years this program at RGW has gone downhill significantly. The management is HORRIBLE!!!!! A complete lack of professionalism and lack of management skills. A person can request PTO months in advance and the manager will deny a few days before the scheduled PTO (after lots of reminder emails have been sent) Supervisors will roll their eyes at you and walk away along with lie directly to your face and to HR. Supervisors do not respond to e-mails or voicemails and there is no support for clinical staff. Employees are scared to talk to supervisors as supervisors are write up happy. Supervisors engage in gossip with each other and operate on personal likes and dislikes vs. what is best for the employee and the clients. There are minimal opportunities for trainings and professional growth is laughable. Employee retention is extremely low and this has been mainly due to the issues of poor supervisors. A masters degree position for a company as large as this should not be starting off at $36,000 salary! The CEO makes around $400,000 annually and other board of directors make gradually a bit less for each position. Go to guidestar.org (The 990) to check out the ratio of those big wigs salary to how much money Rosecrance makes a year...At least if you are not going to pay your employees well, at least treat them with respect! This is an unfortunately poor review; however, it is true. This company used to respect the employees, now everyone who does not act like a puppet gets discriminated against and they will be thrown into the pit of what they call disposable employees.
Beginning to more extensive clerical experiance
Unit Clerk (Former Employee), Rockford, ILMarch 5, 2015
Rosecrance was a great beginning position for me and I learned a lot working there. I got to work with a very diverse population that needed a lot of assistance. I quickly learned that the job I had was very time consuming and that gave me an opportunity to understand how important time management is in order to complete all my daily tasks. My co-workers were such wonderful people and I learned so much from each one of them. My days were typically busy from the moment I stepped in the door until the time I left for the evening. I had the opportunity to train many other employees while I worked there and learned a lot about training people from different backgrounds than myself. I also better understood that different people have different ways of learning and relating the material to the person is one of the most important parts. I loved helping clients and found the job very fulfilling.
This is a great company.
Telecommunications Analyst (Current Employee), Rockford, ILJanuary 25, 2015
This has been a great and educational company to work for during my whole career here.
Don't Work for Rosecrance
Crisis Intervention Specialist (Former Employee), Rockford, ILJanuary 16, 2015
Training is minimal, management is not supportive, pay is OK. HR does not have employee's best interest in hand. My co-workers were great
Great team co-workers, good atmosphere with solid supervision.
Mental Health Professional (Current Employee), Rockford, ILJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: gas mileage, interacting with clients and their families, meeting new people, being able to contact co-workers and have questions answered.
Cons: they pay terrible, the big wigs say "rosecrance is comparable to other networks similar to them, " but it is completely false.
Meet clients at their homes and at their schools to counsel them and work on improving their lifestyles by following their treatment plans. We help clients build their treatment plans by communicating with them and their family to determine which goals they want to accomplish and improve upon. As a Mental Health Professional, we complete Mental Health Assessments.
The hardest part about the job is when my clients regress from their treatment due to their family not following through on the goals we set for them. The best part is when clients graduate the program and move on to less intensive care services.

I make $13.40 per hour with a Bachelor's Degree required position. The turnover rate is very high due to that and it affects the clients. The company spent millions of dollars this past year on upgrading new buildings for PR purposes. Client care is not a priority here and they do not hide that issue. It's all about getting the required billable hours at any cost. They want hourly individuals to cut back on overtime, but the salary individual can "work overtime because it does not affect the budget." I have a hard time working for this company, but it is what I have at this point and time.
FIND ANOTHER CAREER
Counselor (Former Employee), Rockford, ILNovember 26, 2014
Pros: collegiality of those who are on the 'floor' with 'clients'
Cons: over-bearing administration, poor wages, excessive client charting, minimal opportunity for advancement, few long-term employees.
I withstood the onslaught of the Administration at Rosecrance for about three years. The pay was deplorable. Management is a tight-knit, entrenched circle of Phil Eaton followers. While they are making six-figure incomes, the staff under them is underpaid, expected to work far more than a 40 hour week with no compensation for over-time. JAACO inspections drive the clinical environment. Positive results mean 'accreditation' which translates out to the flow of insurance dollars. Unless one is looking to spend 10 - 15 years at the Counselor level to obtain a "supervisor" position, advancement is out of the question. Rosecrance has invested hundreds of thousands of dollars in their facilities. The newer Adolescent Center and the new Frank Ware mental health facility are simply 'eye candy' which attracts wealthy suburbanites who bring their 'out of control' teenagers for 'treatment'....and pay premium prices for it. Bottom line? Alcoholics Anonymous still has the best track record, the highest percentage of those who enjoy long-lasting recovery and still does it for nothing. Like I said -- find another career!
Nursing staff and counselors very concerned with each patients recovery outcome.
LPN/ Inpatient Charge Nurse (Former Employee), Rockford, ILJune 14, 2014
Nursing staff is very busy from start to finish of their day to ensure optimum outcome of each patient in all aspects of care and consulting with experts for care.
SMOKE AND MIRRORS.....RUN AWAY FAST!!!
Adolescent Substance Abuse Counselor (Current Employee), Rockford, ILFebruary 16, 2014
Pros: free coffee to all the top level executives.
Cons: you name it.
HORRIBLE WAGES
THIRD RATE BENEFITS
SEVERELY UNDERSTAFFED
UNPROFESSIONAL ADMINISTRATION
OVERALL LACK OF ACCOUNTABILITY
HIGH TURNOVER RATE
NO ADVANCEMENT

As a longtime supporter of this organization, I was offered a position counseling adolescent substance abuse patients. I entered into this arrangement with nothing but the utmost respect and admiration for Rosecrance Health Network. Little did I know, I was signing up for the worst employment experience of my life!

When they first told me that I would be making literally pennies over minimum wage, my first thought was that I would do my best and advance through the ranks. Rosecrance had long been a staple in the Rockford community with strong ties to local government, so it must be doing something right with plenty of room for advancement. After only a few weeks, I began to realize just what I had gotten myself into
This place is a quagmire of problems due to the pathetic wages, poor benefits, lack of professionalism, and severe understaffing. Employees walk out the door in droves, only to be replaced by yet another unskilled and unsuspecting college student. The level of patient care is astounding!!! To think that someone would actually trust Rosecrance with the care and safety of their child is ridiculous. From the moment of entry, they are fed a cocktail of medications to keep them comatose long enough to bilk the insurance companies out of tens of thousands of dollars. All to pay their employees little or no compensation for their hard work and effort. BUT HEY...IT'S NON-PROFIT RIGHT? That's why this organization is buying up property and expanding like it's going out of style.

DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND GO FLIP BURGERS! YOU WILL ACTUALLY BE ABLE TO MAKE A BETTER LIVING AND NOT GET USED IN THE PROCESS.
laid back workplace
Night unit staff (Current Employee), Rockford, ILNovember 6, 2013
I work as a night aduit mostly just watching over the children
Good company to work for.
Administrative Specialist (Current Employee), Rockford, ILSeptember 9, 2013
A great group of people passionate about helping people.

It's a fast paced environment and a fun place to work.
Excellent treatment center - well known and professional
Adolescent Outpatient Substance Abuse Counselor (Current Employee), Rockford, ILAugust 26, 2013
Pros: amazing, well-run facility
Cons: non-profit, low-paying
I have had a wonderful experience here; however, I need to move back to Colorado and, unfortunately, Rosecrance does not have any facilities out West at this time.
Discriminatory
Employment seeker (Former Employee), RockfordJune 30, 2013
You need a new human resource recruiter. The person you have now obviously does not know how to properly screen applicants. Qualified individuals don't get called for interviews.
Caring, community based employer
Driver (Current Employee), Rockford, ILJune 20, 2013
Pros: being able to give back what i have learned over the years
Cons: not enough hours
A typical day would include transporting clients to and from meetings, jobs, school etc.... getting to know clients and helping them with life decisions.
Not recommended
therapist (Former Employee), rockford ilApril 7, 2013
Pros: nice buildings
Cons: low wages, significant pressure to achieve unachievable standards, high stress
This company values profit over employees and clients. The pressure is high and the benefits are low. They spend money on having nice buildings and paying upper administration while the workhorses struggle to maintain a living. Clients are treated as expendable and revolving.
A Wonderful Place to Work
Addiction Counselor Intern (Former Employee), Rockford, ILFebruary 5, 2013
Pros: support
Cons: some unfriendly staff
Management, Environment and place of work, people oriented and team work, its a great place to be.
Unit Technician
Unit Technician (Former Employee), Rockford, ILJanuary 29, 2013
This is a good company to work for in general, have great co-workers and working with adolescent through rehab
Place has great mission, but is way too micromanaged
Unit staff at adult treatment center (Current Employee), Rockford, ILJanuary 19, 2013
Pros: interesting work environment, time never passes slowly
Cons: agency micromanaged and having trouble adjusting to its size, rapid growth.
It's a great place to get experience if working in the mental health/addiction field is your career choice. The place really does care about its clients.

Unfortunately, the funding sources for clients without insurance are very lacking and many of those needing treatment do not receive it here. It did not used to be that way, but the economy has really hit state and federal funding. And, as at most treatment centers, the insurance-linked and self-pay clients always come first.

Unfortunately, clients with their own funding sources are also treated superiorly by the agency. Most of the staff are very dedicated to the clients, but a good number of the employees are not educated enough on the disease concept of addiction/mental health diagnoses and treat the clients very poorly (examples would be berating the clients, believing the old stereotypes regarding those with addiction and/or mental health issues as if addiction is a choice and that the clients are lower than them, etc.).

Management is blind to a lot of this and the overall size and rapid growth of this agency have added to management's not always being available to address unit and/or staff issues. Without management's attention to staff issues, the clients are the ones most hurt most.
Great employees to work with.
Social Worker- Mental Health Clinician (Current Employee), Rockford, ILJanuary 7, 2013
Pros: it is the biggest community mental health, and substance abuse agencies in northern illinois.
Cons: they take advantage of paying their employees very little, and little room for advancement, and pay raises.
I truly enjoy working with the employees, but I am not working in the field I feel best suits me. There is almost no room for advancement. There is a lot of bereaucratic red tape that is not suited within my moral, and ethical standards. I would like to see some changes made, but the employees voices are not heard.
Switchboard
Switchboard Operator (Current Employee), Rockford, ILDecember 20, 2012
Asnwer phones and transfter to appropriate person. Complete inter office paper work, med records exc.
Great co-workers
Substance Abuse Unit Specialist (Former Employee), RockfordDecember 9, 2012
Good place for recovery addicts. Staff really care about the individual

About Rosecrance Health Network

Rosecrance is a private not-for-profit organization offering behavioral health services for children, adolescents, adults and – Read more

Rosecrance Health Network Salaries