Rosecrance Health Network

Rosecrance Health Network Employee Reviews in United States

Quality workplace with good management.
Recovery Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILMarch 31, 2016
I work with many different types of people and found that management will guide you and aid you to succeed. While working there was able to learn how to accept rather than change all the time and was able to understand that different personalities of co-workers that make up how the place runs affectively. The hardest part of the job is to take time out so that one doesn't get burned out as well as having to aid to the clients needs all the time.
Pros
Lots of experience
Cons
Compensation/funding and lots of demands
Great place to work for.
Environmental service technician (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILMay 30, 2016
Friendly staff, great working environment. Rosecrance is a very good treatment facility and I would recommend it to anyone in need of help.
Excellent education!
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILNovember 1, 2015
As a former employee of Rosecrace, I can tell you first hand that the education I received working at the adolescent inpatient facility was hands down the best preparation for working with diverse populations in a therapeutic setting. It is important to understand that working for Rosecrance is definitely not about the money, rather, the education you receive to help establish yourself as a competent clinician in the field of social services.
Pros
Fun atmosphere. Minimal micro-management.
Cons
Poor wages.
Amazing place.
Unit Technician (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILMarch 8, 2016
Amazing happy place to work, great place to learn. Great people. Can get very emotional at times Watching someone find success is an amazing feeling.
Pros
Culture, co workers
Cons
non
Great company and allows for advancement
Addiction Counselor (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILAugust 7, 2015
I started at Rosecrance as a direct care staff. I was able to cover cases while a unit counselor and able to move up to an addiction counselor directly from there. I have worked with adolescent boys 13-19 for the past 5 years. Although some days are harder than others, the company is very proactive and helpful. They provide only the best, evidence based practices. The team that I have worked on is great and supportive.
Pros
experience, advancement, evidence based practices
Cons
work load at times
Network Administrator Support
Telecommunications Analyst (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILOctober 5, 2015
This is great company to work for and I have learned a lot. This company has a great meaning to patient recovery. The hope and strength that everyone has is the best part of working for this company.
Fast paced work environment
Crisis/Treatment Counselor (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJuly 19, 2015
Requires organization, focus, problem-solving skills, patience, and self motivation to meet the needs of young people struggling with mental illness and substance abuse.
don't do it
Unit Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rosecrance Ware CenterMay 19, 2015
Rosecrance does not pay it's employees a realistic liveable wage. I have worked there for 7 years and felt trapped by not being able to get out due to not having enough money to move or better my circumstances.
Pros
co workers, pretty buildings
Cons
everything else
Beginning to more extensive clerical experiance
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILMarch 5, 2015
Rosecrance was a great beginning position for me and I learned a lot working there. I got to work with a very diverse population that needed a lot of assistance. I quickly learned that the job I had was very time consuming and that gave me an opportunity to understand how important time management is in order to complete all my daily tasks. My co-workers were such wonderful people and I learned so much from each one of them. My days were typically busy from the moment I stepped in the door until the time I left for the evening. I had the opportunity to train many other employees while I worked there and learned a lot about training people from different backgrounds than myself. I also better understood that different people have different ways of learning and relating the material to the person is one of the most important parts. I loved helping clients and found the job very fulfilling.
At Rosecrance, many people work together to provide the best possible treatment services to help you along the road to recovery. These individuals inc
Assistant Director of Facilities (Former Employee) –  Rockford ILApril 5, 2012
They are committed to providing the highest level of care to our clients. Rosecrance conducts continual performance and procedure reviews that encompass every facet of the organization. This ongoing process helps us identify training and programming needs to enhances our goal of lifelong recovery.
Pros
family setting
Cons
not being able to know everyone over 500 employees
Great employees to work with.
Social Worker- Mental Health Clinician (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILJanuary 7, 2013
I truly enjoy working with the employees, but I am not working in the field I feel best suits me. There is almost no room for advancement. There is a lot of bereaucratic red tape that is not suited within my moral, and ethical standards. I would like to see some changes made, but the employees voices are not heard.
Pros
it is the biggest community mental health, and substance abuse agencies in northern illinois.
Cons
they take advantage of paying their employees very little, and little room for advancement, and pay raises.
Great work Enviroment
Administrative Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILAugust 23, 2012
There is always something to do to keep time flying. From the moment you clock in to the time you clock out you are busy. I really like working for this company and wish there was more room for advancement, I believe they have good expectations of their employee's. I have been with the company when we were formally Janet Wattles and have had a lot of different co-workers we have all been able to get along pretty well and get done our assigments. The hardest part of the job would probably be getting treated like the underdogs because we are the support staff. I would say the best part of the job is seeing how dedicated some of the staff is and the lengths that they go for their clients.
Pros
star dinner
Cons
no advancement
Not recommended
therapist (Former Employee) –  rockford ilApril 7, 2013
This company values profit over employees and clients. The pressure is high and the benefits are low. They spend money on having nice buildings and paying upper administration while the workhorses struggle to maintain a living. Clients are treated as expendable and revolving.
Pros
nice buildings
Cons
low wages, significant pressure to achieve unachievable standards, high stress
Excellent treatment center - well known and professional
Adolescent Outpatient Substance Abuse Counselor (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILAugust 26, 2013
I have had a wonderful experience here; however, I need to move back to Colorado and, unfortunately, Rosecrance does not have any facilities out West at this time.
Pros
amazing, well-run facility
Cons
non-profit, low-paying
Nursing staff and counselors very concerned with each patients recovery outcome.
LPN/ Inpatient Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJune 14, 2014
Nursing staff is very busy from start to finish of their day to ensure optimum outcome of each patient in all aspects of care and consulting with experts for care.
Don't Work for Rosecrance
Crisis Intervention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJanuary 16, 2015
Training is minimal, management is not supportive, pay is OK. HR does not have employee's best interest in hand. My co-workers were great
Caring, community based employer
Driver (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILJune 20, 2013
A typical day would include transporting clients to and from meetings, jobs, school etc.... getting to know clients and helping them with life decisions.
Pros
being able to give back what i have learned over the years
Cons
not enough hours
This is a great company.
Telecommunications Analyst (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILJanuary 25, 2015
This has been a great and educational company to work for during my whole career here.
Wonderful to work with the patients and families, administration needs help
Primary Counselor (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJanuary 31, 2012
Management seems to have lost their focus on helping on others. Empolyees are great.
Pros
health care, good training
Cons
quick burn out
Discriminatory
Employment seeker (Former Employee) –  RockfordJune 30, 2013
You need a new human resource recruiter. The person you have now obviously does not know how to properly screen applicants. Qualified individuals don't get called for interviews.

Rosecrance Health Network Reviews by Location