ROSEMONT COLLEGE Employee Reviews

Terrible place for coaching
Assistant Coach (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, PAJuly 6, 2016
Pay for coaches is well below minimum wage when you include all of the required hours. In fact, if you are commuting to Rosemont your pay may not even be enough to cover the travel cost. High turnover rate, most athletic programs have different assistants virtually every season, due in large part to the absurdly low compensation. Coaching positions are essentially internships with zero possibility of advancement or pay raise, you would be better off just about anywhere else.
Pros
Nice location
Cons
Low pay, high turnover, minimal opportunity for advancement/promotion, college does not value or promote its athletic programs
A great place to learn and grow
Computer Site Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, PAFebruary 11, 2016
I worked at Rosemont from 1985 - 1998 and it was 13 years of growth and learning I would not have received anywhere else. I worked for the grounds maintenance group there which was also tied to the Security services.
I was able to take advantage of classes (one free class per semester) and worked my way up to Computer site Coordinator.
In that capacity; I learned much of what I Know today regarding PCs operating systems and networking.
Pros
Close to public transportation, relaxed atmosphere, good benefits
Cons
Paid on the lower scale but still enough to get by, the education I received offset much of this
Head Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rosemont, PAMarch 25, 2016
At Rosemont College, I have learned the importance of team work along with being a leader to many in the community. Taking responsibility becomes a task that is appreciated in such a diverse environment. Be committed to student success.As a head Resident Assistant, I become available to my residents and get to know them on a personable level. I develop opportunities for individuals to contribute to the floor community and be accessible to residents at various times throughout the day, including most nights and some weekends.I also assist students as they develop interpersonal skills and individual responsibility and encourage student participation in the hall, college sponsored programs, student organizations, and other activities. I also work as a member of the staff team to support out-of-class learning opportunities.
Did it all alone
Vice President of Activities (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, PAMay 11, 2016
While holding this position I have little to no help from my direct manager. As a student this is not be what is expected of you and held on your shoulders when you have so much else to do.
Fun place to work
Front Desk Staff (Current Employee) –  Rosemont, PAMay 18, 2016
This is a great place to work and they are always willing to work with you. You get to meet a great group of people and get to learn things that will benefit you later in life.
small liberal arts Catholic College
Research Intern (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, PAMay 18, 2015
Everyone is really friendly and that makes working and learning here a simultaneously comfortable and character building experience. They could do better with compensation of student workers but the working environment is great.
Great place
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rosemont, PAJanuary 29, 2016
Great place to work for. I had a number of positions as a student here. Every one of them was an enjoyable experience. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone.
Love seeing the students finally understand the material
Professional Tutor (Current Employee) –  Rosemont, PAOctober 3, 2015
I work as a professional tutor and I over see the night shift from a manager stand point. I love working with all the different students and tutors and seeing them grow and see them understand the material. The hardest part is making sure that everyone has fully communicated there needs and that they all follow the policy even when I am not there.
Good Place to Work
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, PASeptember 9, 2015
A good place to work and get experience, but not a good pay rate to make a living. Staff and Facility are great to work with, always can get the help you need.
A typical day at work
Graduate assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia,PaApril 28, 2015
Every day I go to work with enthusiasm and with the goal to help students who have any kind of question regarding my department.
I have meet many people at work with different backgrounds and ideas, I like to share time with them and establish solid relationships that helps me to understand they desires in order to provide excellent costumer service.
I love Rosemont!
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, PAApril 17, 2015
I began work as a peer tutor right before I graduated from Rosemont College. My co-workers were professional and polite, and I was getting paid for doing something I loved. The hours were perfect, and if I needed time off, I got it. I would give this place a ten-star rating if I could.
Pros
Terrifict enviroment, wonderful supervisor and co-workes.
Cons
I wish I were still there!
Excellent Leadership
Enrollment Counselor/ Advisor/ Site Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, PADecember 29, 2012
Management is superior, values and christian culture embedded in the mission and vision of the school
Great people, beautiful campus
English Tutor (Current Employee) –  Rosemont, PAJanuary 22, 2015
I have the most self-sufficient and laid back boss. I mainly manage his calendar and coordinate his meetings. Everyone on campus is kind and helpful, almost like family. I'm simply looking for a more sustainable income and personal growth.
Pros
Dollar lunch, extended holiday vacation
Cons
No room for my personal growth at this time
Interesting work place for graphic design experience
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Rosemont, PAMarch 26, 2014
Busy management so alot of independent work but definitely an interesting experience
Pros
Flexibile breaks
Cons
busy mangagement
Tutor other students
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, PAJuly 24, 2012
Management is very understanding. Co-workers were great. Hardest part was finding a way to explain and sometimes re-teach concepts.
Pros
very flexible
Great job
Public Safety Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bryn Mawr, PAFebruary 17, 2014
Great job, pay was on the lower end. Great if you want to complete your education.
Pros
Free College tuition
Cons
lower pay than industry standard
boring
MEDIA WORKER (Former Employee) –  mediaJanuary 15, 2013
i was alone in the basement of the library filling papers and cleaning. the other workers didnt do nothing and the boss was scary i didnt like it but i was in college and needed the money
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Rosemont, PAApril 8, 2013
Sign in and check to see if I have any appointments. Tutor. Finally I write a review on what worked for the student and what did not.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
nothing
gril cook
Food Service (Cook) (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, PAMarch 19, 2013
It was a fun place to work, it was challenging sometimes but still fun
Pros
sometimes it can be challenging work wit the public
Cons
time oof came at wrong times

2.8