ROSEMONT COLLEGE Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Great Res Life Staff
Resident Assistant (Current) (Current Employee) –  Bryn Mawr, PAJuly 27, 2017
As A Resident assistant, my job is to make sure my residents know that I'm around or near if they need me. Assist in any issues or behaviors pertaining to the dorms and policy of the Res Life staff and school. We are here to bring forth peace and happiness with the residents and their time here on campus.
Pros
Free dinner
Cons
Rounds and desk duty
Terrible compensation
Ceramics Instructor (Current Employee) –  Rosemont, PAMay 30, 2017
Compensation for part-time faculty is insulting at best. Conditions of the campus are old, run-down, and barely afloat. Students are miserable in general and typically want to be hand-held to do simple academic tasks.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
students, campus facilities, compensation
Compassionate management
Custodian (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Bryn Mawr, PAMay 15, 2017
A typical day at work was focusing on one part of the building that was the cleaner's responsibility. Everything else would get a general cleaning. I gained knowledge of what chemicals to use for different purposes. The management was very caring and made sure all problems were addressed that day. You can easily tell the management cares for its employees, safety, and the college they work for.
Pros
Two break times, slow paced, kind coworkers and management.
Cons
Early work start time
Loved the open opportunity to learn !
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, PAJanuary 25, 2017
This opportunity enabled me to learn managerial skills, networking skills, as well as team building skills. It was a positive and encouraging environment.
Relaxed and supportive environment
College Counselor (Current Employee) –  Rosemont, PAOctober 3, 2016
Typical day is very relaxed but some days can be very hectic. Co workers are very pleasant but at times things get done very slowly here.
Terrible place for coaching
Assistant Coach (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, PAJuly 6, 2016
Pay for coaches is well below minimum wage when you include all of the required hours. In fact, if you are commuting to Rosemont your pay may not even be enough to cover the travel cost. High turnover rate, most athletic programs have different assistants virtually every season, due in large part to the absurdly low compensation. Coaching positions are essentially internships with zero possibility of advancement or pay raise, you would be better off just about anywhere else.
Pros
Nice location
Cons
Low pay, high turnover, minimal opportunity for advancement/promotion, college does not value or promote its athletic programs
Fun place to work
Front Desk Staff (Current Employee) –  Rosemont, PAMay 18, 2016
This is a great place to work and they are always willing to work with you. You get to meet a great group of people and get to learn things that will benefit you later in life.
Did it all alone
Vice President of Activities (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, PAMay 11, 2016
While holding this position I have little to no help from my direct manager. As a student this is not be what is expected of you and held on your shoulders when you have so much else to do.
Head Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rosemont, PAMarch 25, 2016
At Rosemont College, I have learned the importance of team work along with being a leader to many in the community. Taking responsibility becomes a task that is appreciated in such a diverse environment. Be committed to student success.As a head Resident Assistant, I become available to my residents and get to know them on a personable level. I develop opportunities for individuals to contribute to the floor community and be accessible to residents at various times throughout the day, including most nights and some weekends.I also assist students as they develop interpersonal skills and individual responsibility and encourage student participation in the hall, college sponsored programs, student organizations, and other activities. I also work as a member of the staff team to support out-of-class learning opportunities.
A great place to learn and grow
Computer Site Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, PAFebruary 11, 2016
I worked at Rosemont from 1985 - 1998 and it was 13 years of growth and learning I would not have received anywhere else. I worked for the grounds maintenance group there which was also tied to the Security services.
I was able to take advantage of classes (one free class per semester) and worked my way up to Computer site Coordinator.
In that capacity; I learned much of what I Know today regarding PCs operating systems and networking.
Pros
Close to public transportation, relaxed atmosphere, good benefits
Cons
Paid on the lower scale but still enough to get by, the education I received offset much of this
Great place
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rosemont, PAJanuary 29, 2016
Great place to work for. I had a number of positions as a student here. Every one of them was an enjoyable experience. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone.
Love seeing the students finally understand the material
Professional Tutor (Current Employee) –  Rosemont, PAOctober 3, 2015
I work as a professional tutor and I over see the night shift from a manager stand point. I love working with all the different students and tutors and seeing them grow and see them understand the material. The hardest part is making sure that everyone has fully communicated there needs and that they all follow the policy even when I am not there.
Good Place to Work
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, PASeptember 9, 2015
A good place to work and get experience, but not a good pay rate to make a living. Staff and Facility are great to work with, always can get the help you need.
small liberal arts Catholic College
Research Intern (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, PAMay 18, 2015
Everyone is really friendly and that makes working and learning here a simultaneously comfortable and character building experience. They could do better with compensation of student workers but the working environment is great.
A typical day at work
Graduate assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia,PaApril 28, 2015
Every day I go to work with enthusiasm and with the goal to help students who have any kind of question regarding my department.
I have meet many people at work with different backgrounds and ideas, I like to share time with them and establish solid relationships that helps me to understand they desires in order to provide excellent costumer service.
I love Rosemont!
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, PAApril 17, 2015
I began work as a peer tutor right before I graduated from Rosemont College. My co-workers were professional and polite, and I was getting paid for doing something I loved. The hours were perfect, and if I needed time off, I got it. I would give this place a ten-star rating if I could.
Pros
Terrifict enviroment, wonderful supervisor and co-workes.
Cons
I wish I were still there!
Great people, beautiful campus
English Tutor (Current Employee) –  Rosemont, PAJanuary 22, 2015
I have the most self-sufficient and laid back boss. I mainly manage his calendar and coordinate his meetings. Everyone on campus is kind and helpful, almost like family. I'm simply looking for a more sustainable income and personal growth.
Pros
Dollar lunch, extended holiday vacation
Cons
No room for my personal growth at this time
Interesting work place for graphic design experience
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Rosemont, PAMarch 26, 2014
Busy management so alot of independent work but definitely an interesting experience
Pros
Flexibile breaks
Cons
busy mangagement
Great job
Public Safety Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bryn Mawr, PAFebruary 17, 2014
Great job, pay was on the lower end. Great if you want to complete your education.
Pros
Free College tuition
Cons
lower pay than industry standard
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Rosemont, PAApril 8, 2013
Sign in and check to see if I have any appointments. Tutor. Finally I write a review on what worked for the student and what did not.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
nothing