Rosen Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews in United States

Team work type of work place
Guest Relations Mgr, Reservations Mgr (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 19, 2016
Worked for several Rosen properties
I learned reservations, front and back of the house. I
moved up to management. I obtained leadership and management
certificates of completion and was taught excellent leadership skills.
The hardest part of my job was when I was in a leadership role and I had to cut the hours of our staff due to low occupancy levels.
The most enjoyable part of this job was the culture in the workplace
Pros
Benefits and the Ability to grow and learn
Cons
Burn out due to the amount of hours to work expected from leadership
Reservations Data Agent / Security Office/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 30, 2016
team work
learned a lot with different culture
the hardest part of the job was to not have must hollidays and weekends off since the hotels open 24 hours.
the most enjoyable part of the job is the accomplish of the job well done
management have good open doors policy
diversity Co-workers such was great
benefits
Cons
employee parking
it is a fun place to work.
HR Floater (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 24, 2015
Every day is a beautiful they at this place. It is very fun to meet people from different culture everyday. The hardest part in a day is when there is a lot of people to serve, but still for people who like being busy, it can be an enjoyable day. We have to make sure that our customer receive outstanding service. working at this place teaching me our important it is to respect, and greeting people, and how it can affect a company who is not taking care of the customer.
Pros
sometime they do give free lunch. friendly place. value respect.
Cons
short break
Amazing Culture
Human Resources Intern (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 26, 2016
An independent Hotel company which provides great benefits to its employees and an amazing culture. Fun Family but professional environment.
Benefits
Cons
Pay Rate
Great company to work for.
Hostess/ Server (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 17, 2016
Rosen Hotels & Resorts offers a great working environment, is very diverse, and makes sure all employees feel like family.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Only in Orlando, FL
Horrible IT management/directors
IT (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 2, 2014
There is no work/life balance as a worker, only directors who will grind and berate you every day. There is no job security, as they lead by writing people up even for simple mistakes or wording an email incorrectly. Morale is horrible. The management/directors are ridiculous. Always threatening your job! Assigning a multitude of projects with unrealistic deadlines attached to them and screaming at you if you don't meet the deadlines. Mostly because they had already promised it to upper management before talking to you!
They don't listen even if you tell them what they want will not work and then blame you when it fails. To wit, when Senior management for the properties come down to discuss, the directors blame the people they instructed to 'do it their way'. They are mad when they stay late once in a while, but mad if you don't work several extra hours every day. Which leads to the culture of the company, drudging. Everyone talks about and wants to leave. This IS the worst management groups I've ever had to work for in my entire career. Good luck! Start and end date is false. I only dealt with this company for a few years.
Pros
the benefits, the pay isn't too bad.
Cons
everything else
Great
Management (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 9, 2016
Great company to work for. Plenty of benefits and opportunity to move up. Very family friendly. Lots of training for supervisors and managers.
Hard job but fun
Banquets Set-up (Current Employee) –  Rosen PlazaOctober 13, 2015
I work as banquet set up. To be honest it is not an easy job. Hard work requiring a lot of lifting. But in all it is a good job with great hours and steady paychecks. Co-workers and management are great which makes it a fun job to have
Pros
Good hours, Experience learned, Good group of people
Cons
Very hard work, Tiredness
okay place
FRONT DESK AGENT (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 9, 2016
Again it's an okay place. Nothing special. Good for gaining experience in hospitality. This requires a lot of words but I do not wish to go into details about my experience here. I didn't care to be here
Beneficial and Conducive Work Environment
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 7, 2015
We as Security normally survey the property for complete intel and insight into its present state. Included in our daily routine is the direction of traffic and removal of litter/debris. You will learn about employing proper radio and phone etiquette. Additionally, you will be required to take Bloodborne Pathogen classes, CPR Courses, and general health and well-being courses to ensure that you will assist the guests and your associates with the utmost care if an emergency were to come up. You are in contact with the guests frequently, so you are constantly learning how to become more patient and increase your interpersonal skills. My associates are very solid, hard-working people who are there to simply do their jobs and be productive members of society just like I am doing. They are grateful to assist you if certain challenges arise, but they want to see that you learn the necessary information presented to you and that you will execute your tasks to a highly optimal level. The hardest part of the job is making sure that everyone stops completely at the security gates, because some people will run through the gates, even if you, the security guard make yourself present to them at the stop sign. The most enjoyable parts of the job are the experiences you gain from being around many different people, the numerous health-based events and running marathons being sponsored by the company, and to top it off, the health benefits and perks you receive for being an employee for this company.
Pros
Great Health Care, Numerous Health-Based Classes/Activities
great place.
Central Reservations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 10, 2015
it was a great place to work, now that i'm gone. I just wished I liked the city more. I really did enjoy my team. the culture of the hotel is still with me. it was a policy to speak to everyone on the halls and I carry that with me everywhere.
An Enjoyable Place to Work
Cashier/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 8, 2015
Rosen Hotels & Resorts, Inc. is a very enjoyable place to work. I find the most enjoyable part of the job is the friendliness of the staff. They are very helpful to new associates and to the guest. I have learned a great deal from my co-workers, as well as, my managers. They are always eager to provide help and feedback to any task I inquire about.
Pros
Teamwork and bonuses
Cons
Low season/down time months
Ok Employer
Guest Relations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 29, 2014
Ok Employer
Good Benefits
Some opportunity for advancement
Great co-workers
Priductive and Fun workplace
Corporate Revenue Audit Accountant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FloridaSeptember 16, 2012
Excellent company to work for. Care about employees health and good benefits. If you want a steady job, one of the best companies to work in Orlando, Florida
A great company with lots of opportunity.
Beverage Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 20, 2013
Rosen Hotels & Resorts is a company where there is plenty of room for advancement and growth. They are a professional group who believe in treating the staff and guests with great respect. The properties are well kept and on-going training in thorough. Their non-smoking policy, along with regular random drug testing, helps to insure that the staff are dependable and ready for work at all times.
Pros
professional people and plenty of room for advancement.
Cons
very strict labor guidelines.
Walk the Walk
Training Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 11, 2015
This company expects a high standard of service from its associates. Yet, they take care of their associates more than any other company I have interacted with anywhere else.
Fun to work with and optimistic, polite, puntual, teamwork person
Reservation Agent (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 14, 2015
I stay productive for extra tasks. I take initiative to assist other when they need help. I received 7 positive guests comments, the guest have described me as being a wonderful, helpful, friendly outstanding phenomenal and easy to understand.
Easy Money, Great coworkers and guests.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 30, 2014
Job is fine, weekly checks help. The hours aren't consistent unless youre full time and even then doesnt seem like enough to support ones self on
Best job
Human Resource Coordinator/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 26, 2013
- Answer incoming calls
- Coordinate associates with seven properties, New Hires, Terminations
- Help and follow up with Associates complaints
- Payroll/Auditing
- Applicant Support, job posting, scheduling interviews, travel arrangements
- Coordinating assessments
- Reference checks, offer letters, drug/background screening, and VISA processing.
- Invoices, Employment verifications, Reports.
Good company
Internet Sales & Marketing (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 29, 2013
Its an ok place yo work. just dont work in internet sales. No room for advancement or opportunities.
Pros
d
Cons
s

Rosen Hotels & Resorts Reviews by Location