Rosenberg & Associates Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Highest turn over rate I've ever seen.
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VAJanuary 17, 2018
My typical day at Rosenberg & Associates would consist of checking the work queue and working the queues accordingly. I'd draft all Notices as needed (FDL, Demands and NOI's) Updating client sites with pertinent information regarding foreclosure process. I honestly did not learn anything new. Management is non existent and the work culture is petty and juvenile. The hardest part of maintaining this job was listening to my team lead complain and he consistently begged to borrow money. The most enjoyable part of my job were my teammates who were really good people.
Pros
My interactions with my teammates.
Cons
No vacation time, no sick time, no personal time off and half hr for lunch.
nice place
title specialist (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJanuary 3, 2018
i worked as a title reviewer for foreclosure deparment. i had several managers i didnt get along with some i enjoyed my work there i would recommed this job if asked
Pros
nice office and benefits
Cons
watched to much
Good Place to work
Mediation Specialist/Legal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDSeptember 20, 2017
If you need a career change and are thinking of real estate law, then this is a good company to start.Everyone is extremely friendly and they take the time to train you.
Good first job
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Roseland, NJSeptember 11, 2017
This was my first full time job after college and it was overall a good experience. Everyone was friendly. Good communication between management and staff.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
No room for advancement
Perfect starting point.
Senior Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMay 25, 2017
Good place to work to gain experience and training to move on to another company. Positions are entry level and they do not promote from within. Instead they hire managers with no experience that they "like". A lot of processors do the work of a manager or team lead while the actual manager is clueless.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Condescending managers and leaders. Everyone is a know it all.
Just a Job.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 23, 2017
This was a very unpleasant company to work for.
There was no respect if you were just and employee and if you were black there was no respect at all.
The staff was very rude and unprofessional.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
No respect
Legal Assistant
Legal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VAApril 15, 2017
The management does not work with employees, very military style of management. This type of management style is the cause of the high turn over rate at the Firm.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
micro managed and low pay
If you're looking for an employee friendly place this one isn't for you.
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDMarch 21, 2017
The management team is very dated and in need of diversity training. If growth is what you're after, you'll be barking up the wrong tree. This is the kind of work environment where, it is what it is and that's all.
Pros
breaks
Cons
everything else
Toxic environment
Bankruptcy Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDAugust 16, 2016
There is no organization in this company and protocol is not always followed with fairness. Under paid for the positions and unfair practices. Management is mediocre.
Pros
free gym membership, health benefits.
Treated like children
Processor (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDAugust 6, 2016
Dysfunctional, horrible management and CEO. Have to advise when we are going to the bathroom and when we take breaks.

Forbidden to talk to your manager or leads for a long period of time, no laughing.
Pros
Cons
Pay schedule is off, benefits are too expensive with very little pay

Want to know more about Rosenberg & Associates?

Ask a question
Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Roseland, NJApril 14, 2016
Busy trial support company offering full menu of legal services. Excellent customer service and experienced court reporters and trial graphics, etc.
Lacking Professionalism and Good Management
Title Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VAApril 4, 2016
I worked at Rosenberg and Associates, LLC for close to 2 years, when I was abruptly let go for an infraction that merely warranted a warning. The owner preaches that the company is a family, however, when employees make mistakes they are treated unfairly and with disrespect.

I do not recommend this company as they struggle with telling the truth about multiple HR policies and will change your pay schedule, overtime pay and PTO.

The best part of the company are the employees themselves.
Pros
Occasional Free Lunches, 98% Paid health insurance, 401K
Cons
No Cell Phone Policy, horrible management, grossly underpays employees, HR is incompetent
Good place
paralegal (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VADecember 2, 2015
I've worked for Rosenberg & Associates for 3 years now. I'm overall happy with the environment. This company has offered myself room to advance and grow within my career. I've worked for a few law firms in the past and Rosenberg is one of the most professional companies I've worked with.
Pros
Paid holidays, incentive team programs
very unprofessional work environment
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJuly 10, 2015
Management needs to have training courses to learn how to communicate better with staff; staff needs to be taught how to conduct themselves as professionals and keep home life separate from work. Very little room for growth from within.
Cons
unprofessional environment
Exciting atmosphere, Phone and data driven.
IT Director (Current Employee) –  Roseland, NJAugust 14, 2013
Everyday is unique. This industry has an appetite for new technologies which emerge frequently.
penny wise and pound foolish
Post Foreclosure Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDMarch 15, 2013
Rosenberg is a workplace that puts race and gender issues above education, skill or experience. This pulls the levels of professionalism, competency, accountability and civility down to the least common denominator. the most committed, professional and enthusiastic are regularly demeaned, compromised and hobbled by the restrictions imposed on those who treat their jobs like a privilege instead of an opportunity. the result is low wages and poor working environments and a sense that doing anything more than the minimum is a wasted effort. those who try face a moving goalpost, those who don't have job security.
Pros
good location
Cons
hostile, divisive woking environment, no accountabillity in management
Your last option
Legal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDFebruary 21, 2013
Overall I had a good experience in the Bethesda, MD and Vienna VA offices. Great people to work with, job security, post-sale, evictions, accounting, director of operations and BK managers are great. HR does not count in this office, the sole owner reigns and undoes the rules whenever is convenient to her. Honestly It is an ok place to start your career if willing to sacrificy a little. Wages are and will continue really low, it doesn't matter how long you stay there, no good benefits, there is no opportunity to grow (unless they like you, lots of favoritisim), and the foreclosure manager is out of touch and shortsighted. My advise is learn as much as you can and run, run fast out of there.
Pros
middle management, job security, co-workers
Cons
short breaks, really low wages, no room for advacement, big turnaround
Do not ever work here
vb (Current Employee) –  Roseland, NJDecember 5, 2012
Horrible Place to work for. The payroll is always late and never on time. No Raises or promotions EVER. Company will probably be out of business very soon
Pros
co-workers
Cons
management, owners
It was a job that I did well and grew out of quickly
Accounting Associate (Former Employee) –  Roseland, NJJuly 31, 2012
A typical day was checking messages and taking care of any customer service issues and checking any AP that needed to be processed for the next several days.
I would go through the 25-125 checks daily between 13 companies, follow procedures of creating spreadsheets for each company AR, make copies and prepare them for deposit into the bank.
Scan each check and Spreadsheet and filing and updating the general ledgers both electronically and manually.
I did weekly if not daily reconciliations to make sure Quickbooks and general ledgers were accurate in case checks had to be written against them by another employee.
Weekly I'd check inter-company charge-backs and run an analysis report on income, budget discrepancies and outstanding invoices.
I'd run a commission report monthly, send for approval and then make payments.
Prior to my Accounting work I was in charge of Proofreading and Quality Control of High visibility client accounts because of my eye for detail and need for accurate and eye appealing documents. I was also able to produce high volume high quality work in half the time guaranteeing express quality delivery by often working on several windows at a time to guarantee uniform accuracy throughout a project.

The hardest part of the job was the thoughtless scanning of each page one by one that seemed never-ending.

Several co-workers who became good friends are the only thing that made the job enjoyable.

Management was very old-school in their ways and didn't take well to a new person coming and updating procedures to make her job easier and more efficient yet getting
  more... everything done as requested.  less
Pros
co-workers
Cons
tedious tasks
Good place to start your legal career.
Legal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bethesda MDMarch 8, 2012
Good place to start your legal career. Compensation is average, management is great, but there's not a lot of room for job advancement.