Rosendin Electric Employee Reviews

QC Manager (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 10, 2017
Good place but highly stressful. A lot of hours but a good culture. Not knowing where the next job will be is tuff.
I have learned a lot here but also I have had to teach a lot which I don't mind and enjoy.
Pros
stock in company
Cons
stressful
Quick paced, high intensity environment
Construction Wireman (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CAApril 30, 2017
A typical day of work included demanding physical labor in an environment that was quick paced and productive environment. It was a positive work culture. The management was consistent, fair, and professional. I learned wire installation and how to work with steel and other metal. I repaired and maintained solar panels. I enjoyed the ability to work in a job that challenged me and gave me new assignments daily.
Good Place to work, dynamic environment
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Dulles, VAApril 21, 2017
Though it was a good place to work I personally didn't like having to put up with the sh**y talk that was going on around every corner, but this is actually typical of any construction company. The office environment is much cleaner :)
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Traffic hours
Productive workplace, friendly environment
CAD Drafter (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 25, 2017
I completed over 250 hours of Auto CAD training, and edited electrical drawings for construction projects. I enjoyed working at Rosendin Electric because it was a positive and friendly environment.
Pros
Low key, and friendly environment
Great shop to work for!
Journeyman/Maintenance Electrician (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 9, 2016
Great shop, followed all of our Union rules and terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement, extensive safety procedures implemented, clear communication from management to workers!
Pros
Union representation
Cons
long hours, lots of overtime
great co-workers. loved going to work every day
Project Assistant/payroll (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, OROctober 12, 2016
Worked closely with San Jose corporate Payroll. Fast paced job, always learning new things and issues on a daily basis.
Pros
Always had catering functions, never out of food in office
Cons
managers not always communicating with staff on things we should know
Admin. work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cupertino, CAOctober 5, 2016
I spent my days doing a lot of organizing and ordering of supplies. I also did time cards for over 300 electricians weekly. Doing the time cards took up the majority of my time. Overall it was a pretty good work environment.
Rosendin Electric
AutoCAD Designer (Current Employee) –  La Palma, CAOctober 4, 2016
a great place to work, has a great atmosphere and people are very helpful. I have learned a lot renewable energy. the hardest part is sometimes meeting the short deadlines for projects.
Good place to learn new thing about the field.
Warehouseman (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 8, 2016
My duties as a Ware houseman varied daily. I was responsible for registering new tools into the system. I would also deliver the equipment to job sites. My duties as a Construction Wire man were quite different. As a CW I would dig trenches, haul tools, bend electrical conduit, run electrical conduit, and pull wire through conduit. I started to learn how to terminate panels and transformers.
Pros
Coworkers were fun to work with
Cons
not always work available in the state
Productive and great work environmnent amongst co-workerso
Payroll Coordinator (Former Employee) –  La Palma, CAAugust 26, 2016
Each day brought new challenges and allowed me to be able to stay connected to our field crew. I enjoyed hiring and welcoming new field crew to our team.
Pros
Great co-workers
Great company, below average pay
BD (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 22, 2016
Work hours are typical for construction, upper management is good but this is not the most "tech savvy" construction company. Pay is sub par for the area.
Pros
Management is active
Cons
Salary
ok
Electrician Helper (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAAugust 15, 2016
Good company but company foremans are not skilled. But other than that great place to work at. A typical day at work is installing electrical systems.
Great company to work for
Management Supervisor (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 4, 2016
Rosendin is a team oriented company. Support and training is stressed. Expectations are high and personal discipline is expected.
Pros
upper management stresses quality, teamwork and personal development.
Cons
less assertive employees can remain under the radar in the system.
Productive and interesting to go to work
Journeyman Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Manor, TXJuly 23, 2016
Would complete task before going on to the next, wich is omething that I like to do. Job duties would change every other day, would get breaks to break the monogamy of th job. The compnay would hold lunchions , to say thanks. They would hold daily safety meetings, provide water and gatoraid to the workers. Would hold training sessions to keep us up to date with the latest equipment.
Pros
Safety
Cons
Too many bosses
Working to live
HSE Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 30, 2016
This company talks a big game on taking care of their employees. That's what it is all talk. They care more about production percentages then the people.
The best electrical const company around to work for
Electrician - Union IBEW Local 180 (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 23, 2016
This is a top notch company. It just doesn't get any better. They are organized, maintained, safe, and a pleasure to work for.
Pros
Good Safety Program, Well Organized
Cons
Can't think of any
Great company with continuing growth
Warehouse & Operations Manager / Purchasing (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 4, 2016
My job was very exciting, no two days were the same. I was able to utilize my previous work experiences to be a successful warehouse manager. I wore many different hats and was capable of adapting to all situations that were presented to me.
Electrician contruction
Electrician (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CA 95133March 23, 2016
Wake"ing up, getting ready,eating good,and going to work,start off the with a group meeting,talk about safety ,rules,electrical cont.Every day you learn new projects or continue with the same,like di fferent, lighting,switches,etc.You work with people from all over its good to here there story"s during break"s ,because when your working you have to keep your mind on your job.Working in electrical get"s very hard and you get frustrated,but you keep cool and breath,you fell good when you complete your project, and the, best part of the day,when, the formen passing your projects and clean up and go home.
Pros
Good trade.
Cons
Best to no some electrical gets hard.
N/a
Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 16, 2016
I worked with Journeyman Electricians on the Power Distribution crew. I was attempting to join the Union, but they were not taking anyone that wasn't a Journeyman at that time
Very Productive work Place always learning new things
CW2 Electricians Helper (Former Employee) –  1271 Old Caroleen Road Forest City, NCMarch 8, 2016
A day in Construction as an Electricians Helper. You made your job fun and if you can't have fun while being safe you are in the wrong line of work.
We always started our day with Stretch and Flex, then go over the days agenda for each company on the job site. you would then meet up with your crew to know who was doing what for that day. we got two 10/15 minute breaks and one 30 minute lunch and on ac-cation we got lunch on our contractor. I have learned a lot in the past 7 months, number one is safety is always first as it should be, always listen to what your Journeyman says, if you see someone needs help and you are able to lend a hand do so.
Pros
Free lunch and free stuff
Cons
weather but hey you signed up for it