Ross Dress For Less Employee Reviews

Found 4,594 reviews matching the search
Only good if you need a little extra money
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Garner, NCSeptember 17, 2016
I worked at this company for a few months and hated it. I was hired as a stock and while it was nice the first few days, it quickly became a nightmare to work for. The back room was full of people who liked to gossip about each other. Even the managers would join and talk trash about former employees.

They slowly tried to kick me out of the stock room and made me take fitting room shifts and only told me when I left that they did it because I was not fast enough running hummers. I'm sure I was a field day for them to talk about. A very immature place to work for. Even the security person they had at the door would sometimes come to the back to talk trash about customers.
Cons
I never had such an awful expirience
Zone Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 12, 2016
The job offered in the interview was definitely not the job I was given. It took 3 months to get all my access and computer. Also, every 2 weeks I had to locate my payroll check because they never processed my direct deposit and never told me what store it would be delivered to. I had to go out of my way to find it then drive while off the clock and waste my gas to pick up my check. Lack of communication and consideration are a strong suite in this company.

Seems like every department dumps on the admins on things that were not even within the job title.
Pros
Hard to find one
Cons
EVERYTHING! The work is not worth the pay
Productive and hard working job satisfaction
Fitting Room Attendant, Sales Floor (Former Employee) –  East Peoria, ILSeptember 6, 2016
Overall this can be a good company to work for-- if you are only looking for parttime hours.
Keeping up with the flow of customers vs workload can be intimadating but when other co-workers pitch in to help it isnt so bad. The company does promote healthawareness and has a dress code except for certain days, when you allowed to wear different clothing.
Once you've developed a very good team that makes work enjoyable and fun to be around your friends.
Pros
They do provide free lunches, desserts from time to time.
Cons
only 15 min breaks for every 4 hours worked
all around fair place to work
Retail Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 25, 2016
a good day at work always something to keep you busy,no matter how many years there was always something new happening or to learn.Upper management was always willing to help out when or if needed,enjoyable times spent working with training and developing
associates and co-workers. I really can not think of anything on the job that I would consider hard. I enjoyed helping customers
training and developing associates and meeting new people almost on a daily basis.
Hardworking environment & organized work place
Sales Associate and Loss Prevention (Former Employee) –  Highland, CAAugust 30, 2016
8 hour work day of running back and forth to the floor, register or fitting room. As Loss Prevention I observed customers and supervised co-workers. The hardest part of my job was dealing with the shoplifters and trying to remain safe while I pressured them out of the building. The most enjoyable part of my job was communications with customers and setting the environment with my co-workers.
Pros
Great experience & 40% off
Cons
Management didn't treat the associates fair.
Overall Fun place to work
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Morehead City, NCSeptember 6, 2016
At least at this Ross, management is great! They work hard to make it a great place to work. They're liberal with acknowledging employees when they do a good job. Pay is okay; no more than what you would expect for a retail job.
Corporate is the problem. They regularly cut hours (without saying why) so if your not in some kind of supervisor/management position they will probably tell you not to come in for a few days. They also expect WAY TOO MUCH of their cashiers and FES's.
Pros
Breaks, Good Management, Opportunities for advancement
Cons
Hours get cut, Too high expectations, micro management from corporate
Responsibility
Part-Time Employment (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDSeptember 21, 2016
• Responsible for keeping accurate log of all product losses for each week and submitting that log to management. Assisted in developing work schedule for loss prevention associates assigned to work the sales floor. Regularly did inspections of loss prevention surveillance and product protection equipment. Documented all customer’s inquiries and comments thoroughly and quickly. Oversaw retail store shortage committees pertaining to meeting compliance and also efficiency. Evaluated loss prevention exception to this rule reports.
I love my work place Ross Dress For Less
Front End Supervisor/ Loss Provention (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HISeptember 24, 2016
Everyone gets along and works as not only a team but also a caring family. Everyone helps each other to complete tasks and everyone loves the opportunity to train our newbies. We work hard but we still have lots of fun.
Pros
3 breaks on a 8hr shift, Management understands conflicts well weather it be personal or not. Great Team
Cons
Store manager is a little off, but if we work together as a team we can help to improve her, as well as the overall of the store
Very busy at times.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CASeptember 2, 2016
Fun place to work at times....Assisting customers as they enter and exit fitting room...Make sure items taken in were the right number returned after exiting fitting room. Learned how to arrange clothing on racks to be taken back on the floor to be placed on the right racks. Management was kind of confusing as no manager stayed for long periods of time. Co-workers - some were nice, others weren't. The hardest part of job was dealing with customers who didn't want to follow the rules that were given to us for the purpose of entering the fitting room. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting new people as I am a people person.
Pros
Christmas potlucks and Thanksgiving potlucks
Cons
Customers stealing and employees also.
Ready to move on
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Turnersville, NJAugust 19, 2016
The Hard Merchandise Supervisor is responsible for the Merchandising, Fulfillment and BOPS process as well as achieving sales plan by ensuring proper product placement and flow of new receipts. They create an enhanced shopping experience and support the selling process by leveraging relationship throughout the store in order to attend to the customer. Other operational duties include floor moves, replenishment, inventory; shortage control, stockroom organization, and merchandising
good for young people very active
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAAugust 19, 2016
It was a great place to work as a part timer just for seasonal, it used to be very busy which I liked but too messy and not much respect for schedules. Great people to work with no much with certain management. The hardest part of working at Ross was the time of schedules because I was seasonal I had to stay late and sometimes be real early but having kids was not an easy thing to manage.
Pros
Good employees would get recognize for their jobs.
Cons
Very dis-organized
acquired teen enviroment
Cashier Customer Services/Stock (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 13, 2016
we would call customers and sell cox communication upgrades and use rebuttals to get the customers attention. At night we would call families to inform them about the donation truck coming on a certain day and ask to put out any donations. The hardest part would be to get yelled at from customers about calling so late or too frequently.
Pros
high school job with all my classmates
Cons
it not being a professional enviroment
Team player in all areas
Cash Office Associate (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDSeptember 12, 2016
I enjoyed working with my co workers and customers until I relocated to VA. My co-workers had the upmost respect for me. I was the one everyone came to for positive advice They always complimented me on being a team player. My managers like my works ethics so much that they gave me the options to come and work for them when I come back to visit Baltimore that way I wont lose any pay.
Pros
We work as a team, friendly, respectful people
Cons
pay. hours
Over worked and under paid.
Area Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Douglasville, GAAugust 17, 2016
The management role seemed great at first but it is a lot of responsibility for not enough money. The people are great and that's one of the things that kept me coming back. The company is a multi-million dollar company and they low ball you with your pay. It is HIGHLY stressful but could definitely be worth it if the pay was better. I am in management and the difference in my pay and a regular part-time employee is $0.25. To me that is ridiculous when I have WAY more responsibility. Yes I get more hours but there should be a clear difference in pay between regular employee's and management.
Pros
Great people. Full time benifits start right away.
Cons
Pay is too low
Has it's issues but pleasant none the less
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COAugust 16, 2016
What's to say that my review stars don't say. There are far worse places and mildly better places to work. It's a good company with some issues when it comes to technology and honest management decisions. The atmosphere is nice, and the workers in my experience were pleasant...upper management is a bit unbalanced and the asset protection division is a bit off but other than that it's a good company worth recommending to anyone who is looking for a stable place to work.
The management sucks, in the security position all we have to do is stand up front and greet people.
Loss Prevention Officer (Current Employee) –  Longview, WAAugust 11, 2016
I have to stand up front and greet people, I can't stop anyone from stealing, I have to let them walk out of the door and that's it. I've learned literally nothing, I've had to wing everything I know, No one is giving me any feedback. The management sucks, all our managers is do, is sit in the office. My co workers are amazing and they get no hours a week, they work with little pay. The hardest part of the job is not being able to stop anyone from stealing. The most enjoyable part is being able to work with some of my friends.
Pros
Being able to work with friends
Cons
short break, bad management
Never Get Bored at Ross
ROSS (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 15, 2016
Working for ROSS was a experience.
You work with all kind of people and of course clean up behind people ...Run your rack at the end of your shift and of course the lack of work that given to ALL employees. Which can be 2-3 days out the week that you'll be working. Not a job to seek a career not unless it's management...more of a if you have a full time and want a little extra pay and has some time to work here kind of of job.
Pros
Employee Discounts
Cons
Not enough Work
Standard office environment
Assistant Buyer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 9, 2016
Typical day is 8-6. Analyzing data, running system reports, going out in the market place, placing buys, writing orders etc. Management is situational. I have had a pleasant experience with my management and co-workers but I do not think it is the same for all. Overall, supportive company with great benefits and competitive pay. The product/career does not interest me personally.
Pros
Free Lunches, discount in stores, good healthcare
Cons
No lunch breaks, early start time
sales associate
Assist customers (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLAugust 25, 2016
Cross-performs in all assigned areas to ensure that merchandise sizing, ticketing and presentation are to company standards. This includes processing and bringing new receipts to the sales floor using company best practices and meeting productivity standards, merchandising all items to the Salesfloor Presentation Guide and maintaining merchandise/brand name familiarity within departments to assist customers
It's a great place to work. The employees makes it fun!
Stock Area Supervisor (Current Employee) –  West Sacramento, CAAugust 8, 2016
Ross is a great place to work. The managers and employees makes it fun to be there. I learned about team work, delivering merchandise, stock, merchandising, managing my time, training associates, and I met great people and a great team. The hardest part about my job was working on the sales floor and in stock. The most enjoyable part of my job are the people at delivering great customers service to our customers and maintaining a neat and organize store.
Pros
Safety parties

2.9