Ross Dress For Less
1,947 reviews

Ross Dress For Less Employer Reviews

t
Stockroom Associate (Former Employee), Lompoc, CASeptember 18, 2014
Could be better, could be worse.
The worst part was dealing with some of the unprofessional people.
fun place to work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Tampa, FLSeptember 18, 2014
it was fun place to work had a lot of great coworkers. long hours especially during holidays
Ross Dress for Less
Store Manager (Current Employee), Lake Worth, FLSeptember 18, 2014
Responsible for all phases of the stores’ operations. Manages and controls the operations of the store to ensure that company standards and expectations are consistently met. Executes business plan and associated programs that will deliver the desired sales and profit results, while maintaining good quality customer service. Recruits, hires, trains – more... and develops Assistant Managers and non-exempt Associates. – less
fun
friendly co- workers
good training
Fun workplace
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Slidell, LASeptember 17, 2014
The workplace is very busy and you are always on your feet. I have learned so much from this company especially my customer service skills. I have always loved working here. It is so energetic and welcoming. The hardest part I must say is when I first started working here I had to get use to working because this was my first job. I enjoy most about – more... my job is my co-workers and definitely the customers. – less
Fun and fast-paced workplace
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Alameda, CASeptember 17, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: minimum wage
It was fun working with the associates at Ross. They were friendly and awesome to talk to. The hardest part was making sure the store looked nice for the next day. Overall great experience for learning customer service skills.
Big environment and very productive
Front-end Supervisor (Current Employee), Dallas, Tx.September 16, 2014
Busy, Busy, Busy....it was never a dull moment in Wal-Mart. It was good and bad management there, I can honestly say, but I hung in there. Co-workers, ummmmm, didn't really do to much talking at Wal-Mart, Just went to work and did my job.
busy working environment
(Seasonal) Sales Associate (Former Employee), san antonio texasSeptember 16, 2014
typical day at work busy and would always go by fast.
enjoyed working with people and meeting new people everyday.
FUN WORKPLACE
AREA SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Weslaco, TXSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: benefits and wages
MANAGERIAL DUTIES INCLUDING OPEN AND CLOSE THE STORE. MAKING SURE THE STORE RUNS SMOOTHLY FOR CUSTOMERS AND EMPLOYEES. WORKED ON MARKDOWNS ON THE PDT MACHINES. MONETARY HANDLINGS.
Long Hours
Cashier/Associate- Worked in the Stock (Former Employee), Corvallis, ORSeptember 16, 2014
Worked in the Stock room sorting merchandise and unpacking. Would unload truck and put merchandise away on sales floor. I also worked as a cashier and fitting room personnel.
An ok place to work for students
Manager On Duty/Front End Supervisor (Former Employee), tucson, azSeptember 15, 2014
very hectic and always busy, great co workers and management was also very good. everyone got along well
Productive and positive work enviroment
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Richmond, VirginiaSeptember 15, 2014
A typical work day at Ross was mostly customer service sales and returns.

I learned how to handle objections from customers as well as well how to communicate with upper management in order to advance your career in sales to become a manger.

My co-workers were fun, friendly and competitive.
The hardest part of that job was that it the first Ross in – more... our area and it was extremely fast paced with constant lines. I was able to complete sales and returns effectively and efficiently most of the time.

The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting people and ability to use the discounts for my purchases. – less
fast paced work environment
FT Home Lead (Current Employee), Medford, ORSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: medical and dental bennifits
Cons: not being able to assist customers with carry outs
Great team environment, learned many skills. Helpful management.
Best part of the job is helping team members and customers
Fun work environment
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Chico,CASeptember 14, 2014
Pros: great people to work with
Cons: not a lot of growth opportunity
As an Assistant manger I had varying responsibilities and learning opportunities.
Productive and busy workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 14, 2014
when every someone needed answers I was there to help when a customer had a problem I was the one to solve it.
learned a lot of life lessons
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Orland Park, ILSeptember 13, 2014
Picked up clothes off the floor
put the correct clothes on the correct rack
Fun Workplace
Security Guard (Current Employee), Farmington, NMSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: employe discount
Cons: 15 break
Its a great place to work, Friendly co-worker. Manger mange you schelenle..
ross
Stockroom Associate/ sales floor associate (Former Employee), Hazelwood, MOSeptember 12, 2014
i really enjoyed working at ross I started as a stockroom associate and within 3 months promoted to sales floor associate I worked hard everyday never missed a day I learned while working at ross that a team is more important than working as an individual my coworkers were awesome the hardest part about working there was getting up everyday at 4:30 – more... in the morning to get there at 6 the most enjoyable part was working with all the customers I got to meet everyday – less
Definitely a growing company
ASM (Current Employee), TexasSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: employee discount, flexible hours for part-time assoicates.
Cons: as with any retail job, the hours aren't exactly family friendly. if one were single, that would be a different story.
There really is no "typical" day at work. It's always high-energy and fast-paced. When the right support and training is given, the processes in every aspect of the store ultimately give the customer a fast and efficient shopping experience.
for just a part time thing
Loss Prevention Associate (Former Employee), Alhambra, CASeptember 12, 2014
Pros: good for part time job
Cons: really small breaks and really small hours
Mostly stood around because that was my job to greet people i learned a lot about how to catch people stealing a lot about facial expressions and body language and how to act during bad situation management wasn't that great the hardest part was the standing it hurts your feet after a while the atmosphere is really busy as well

1 2 3 4 5

About Ross Dress For Less

Our customers love a great deal. That makes our mission simple: to provide exciting bargains, every day, in every store. It takes – Read more

Ross Dress For Less Photos