Ross Dress For Less
2,545 reviews

Ross Dress For Less Employee Reviews

productive and new opportunities
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee), pittsburg, caMay 27, 2015
Working for ross, was both intense and fun. You get many new opportunities to move up into the company and meet a diverse and fun people.
good place for student
Stock Clerk (Current Employee), Visalia, CAMay 27, 2015
Pros: flexible hours, good enviornment, great place to work and shop
Cons: more hours and full time positions
good place to work, especially if your a student, but if your looking for hours and full time position this is not the place to work,
Very busy work environment.
Lead Customer Service Associate/Area Supervisor (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 27, 2015
Pros: Management is very flexible with your schedule.
Cons: Sometimes management can be a little unorganized and not on the same page.
Ross is always a very busy work environment. I have worked at Ross stores for 14yrs. I have learned and gained the experiences as a supervisor, cashier, and a great customer service representative.

Management is ok, some better than others but for the most part they are a good team.

Co-workers there are great! We know how to work and have fun together. Working retail is very hard, but when we are having a bad day, we cheer each other up.

Hardest part about the job is that sometimes working with the public people can be very mean.

The most enjoyable part of the job is that I can shop while I work, and co-workers and I take the time to try and make our day a little fun.
SPS (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMay 26, 2015
Working here was good, management wasn't the best. Co-workers were very friendly, i cant say that i've ever had a problem working there.
Great first job that was close to home. I could actually walk to work.
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Torrance, CAMay 25, 2015
Pros: Great discounts and close to home.
Cons: Work scheduled constantly changing.
Great opportunities for growth. Held many positions during my employment and also traveled to open new store locations in different states. Upper management very approachable and fun to work with. Loved my job but hated not having a set schedule.
A great plce
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Port Arthur, TXMay 25, 2015
Pros: employee discounts
Cons: short breals
I loved every single one of my co workers. they were great people and we all got along well. the most stressful part was the managers didn't get along. but overall a great place to work
Fun place to work at, great company
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee), Slidell, LAMay 24, 2015
Fast paced, check customer out, answers any questions a customer may have. Answer the telephone, do layaways and returns. I learned how to talk to customers in a respecful way, always putting them first. I learned how to be a responsible worker and to be dedicated and have good attendance. My bosses and the management were great to work with and I felt they treated us all equally. The hardest part was trying to be in three places at one time. The most enjoyable part was pleasing the customers and working with great people.
A very productive work.
Sales Associate, Cashier (Current Employee), Wentzville, MOMay 23, 2015
Pros: discounts
Ross is a very productive workplace, the job itself is not hard. Nothing about the job is enjoyable. its an alright company for anyone who needs a job.
Average retail experience
Retail Associate (Former Employee), State College, PAMay 23, 2015
It's exactly what you would expect. Shoddy wages but the best part about the job is your coworkers. Managers are typical managers - they need to fill the scheduling gaps and will do what they can depending on how hard you work and how often you're late. Flexible with school because it's a college town. Dress code is kind of tacky but it's doable. Team building is kind of a joke within the company.
Very productive place to for work for
Assistant Manager Internship (Current Employee), Lawrenceville, GAMay 23, 2015
Pros: Largest Off apparel chains in the US
Cons: Compensation.
It is the largest off apparel chain the US. It has a tremendous amount of growth and it is growing at an unprecedent rate compared to its competitors.
not a great job
Stockroom Associate (Former Employee), East Wenatchee, WAMay 22, 2015
Pros: employee discounts
Cons: weekends chaos!!!
I came to work, everything was unorganized and employees bickering all day long. the pay sucked too! management was the only good thing in that job.
Great benefits
Full Time Sales Associate (Former Employee), Greenwood, SCMay 22, 2015
Ross was a great place to work. The customers were amazing and some co-workers were great but the company was expanding too quickly and did not properly train management. The policy and procedures worked well for the company as did the product. The pay was decent. However lack of management experience caused the employees to be less dedicated or disciplined.
work
STOCK Associate (Former Employee), long beachMay 22, 2015
stock tag clip click run
merchandise
repeat
most enjoyable part of work was leaving
hardest part was probably
clocking in at 5am
Extremely fast paced enviroment
Retail Associate (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 22, 2015
Pros: Discount
Cons: Management, No possibility of moving up, Staying after you are scheduled constantly. No set breaks.
The sales floor teams were limited and you would have to perform other people's duties constantly. The way things would work was never organized properly. People would constantly call in. There was never enough hours for the store. Transfers took multiple weeks to be completed.
Very hard work
Stockroom Supervisor (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAMay 22, 2015
This was one of the hardest jobs I have ever had. I really enjoyed the work. I saw new items on a daily basis. I was in charge of 8 employees and I tried to make their job fun. I always kept a positive attitude and an open mind.
Horrible
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee), Montebello, CAMay 22, 2015
Verbally abusive managers who like to micromanage every breath the employees take. The District Managers are just as bad, if not worse.
Busy retail environment
Area Supervisor (Current Employee), Gainesville, FLMay 21, 2015
Pros: Great training
Cons: Short staffed
- 40 hr week
- Great environment
- Time management, payroll management, developing effective teams
- My team is great and very productive
- Managing payroll is the hardest
- My Team!!!
Not so great, Favoritism problems
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 21, 2015
The location I worked at wasn't enjoyable, they didn't want to even work with my college schedule so I would work,school,back to work, then sleep. No time to do my studies.
Job Securtiy
Customer Service Cashier (Current Employee), Miami, FLMay 21, 2015
Pros: Flexibility with schedule
Cons: Not enough hours, and the pay per hour
Ross is a very great place to work. The culture and the atmosphere of helping people shop for less makes me happy!

I learned great customer service and patience. Ross is a fast pace enviroment at times and the goal is to always make the customer happy.

They have reward systems that encourage and show appreciation for the great work that an employee has done.

Its a family at Ross!
not for me
Retail Associate (Current Employee), Auburn, CAMay 21, 2015
Pros: always something to do
Cons: pay
not a good long term fit for me maybe a good fit for others it fulfilled exactly what it need to fulfill being a middle manager at a fortune 500 company is for the birds.. little to no training.. finding out after the fact is no way to run a business everything is on the fly ..typical ??

1 2 3 4 5

About Ross Dress For Less

Our customers love a great deal. That makes our mission simple: to provide exciting bargains, every day, in every store. It takes – Read more

Ross Dress For Less Salaries