Ross Dress For Less Employee Reviews

Found 5,031 reviews matching the search
horrible place to work, if they say now hiring keep walking or you will regret it.
Cashier/stock /Cash office clerk (Former Employee) –  OPELIKA ALJanuary 20, 2017
It sucks!!!! Management is a joke, they dont listen to you, they are ruthless,and dont focus on bettering the store, its just a drama infested place. I would advise everyone to make this your last choice for employment.
great experience
Retail Associate, Cash Office (Former Employee) –  miamiJanuary 20, 2017
the typical day, before the store opens the door to the public i count all the money from the day before and put the corresponding amount in each register. make the deposit to the bank. learn all the process with the money. the most enjoyable part of the job is to do the bookkeeping of the store.
This was the worst company that I have ever worked for
AREA SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Wylie, TXJanuary 19, 2017
Terrible job, terrible pay, terrible management aside from myself. They claim when they hire you on that they offer flexible schedules but they do not allow for any kind of flexibility. They expect people to work way too hard, then do not give credit for actual work being done. I learned that this was a horrible place to work, they do not treat employees well at all by any means at all. The workplace culture is hostile and you are not allowed to say that you don't like how things are being done. The hardest part of the job was trying to do everything in so little time without having enough employees to cover the entire store. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I resigned to return to school. I do not recommend this company to anyone. I rated one star because that's the lowest rating but really it shouldn't even be rated so much as 1/4 of a star.
Pros
20% employee discount
Cons
everything
Fun, busy
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAJanuary 19, 2017
Productive, great environment, very busy, everyone worked well together, I helped front end customer service when lines were out of control however we had too many different managers
Pros
Fast pace
Cons
Pay wasnt great
Great people excellent leadership
Retail associate/stock associate (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJanuary 19, 2017
The hardest part of the job is keeping up in the face paced environment but if your willing to go to work and finish your job it really is no problem. The people I work with are friendly and hard working. Management is usually pretty good about getting days off unless you are a full time employee. I learned to be fast and built up my muscle strength with all the heavy lifting.
Pros
vacation whenever
Cons
no trucks, no set hours
Would have been a great job
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJanuary 19, 2017
After 14 years in retail management i ran into my first horrible boss here at Ross Dress For Less.
I was made to feel lower then low, i was made to feel like i was horrible at my job, but hey i just put up the BEST inventory that store has EVERY had.
The concept of there culture is great but i ran into the one person who made it not work.
I met some great people while working there.
Pros
Money
Cons
No home life and the culture i was around was horrible.
Fun Place to Work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLJanuary 19, 2017
I enjoyed working at Ross. Although you have to be a self starter as training leaves something to be desired. My favorite positon was the register.
Pros
People, flexibility
Cons
Training, pay
hardworking atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAJanuary 19, 2017
typical day included restocking shelves. I learned great customer service as well as the ability to work well with other employees.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
n/a
Marker & Sorter
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Perris, CAJanuary 19, 2017
I really loved everything about dmsi fast paste great environment everyone is friendly very helpful everyday group huddle to let you know whats going on an its very clean an organized marking i thought would be hard but as i got the hang of it i had no worries even with the hand ties being a sorter with the pallet jack oh boy i thought i be fired my first day but i got the hang of it easy loved it just make sure you send out the right box.. you close out or you get point taking away.
Pros
EveryThing
Cons
Nothing Bad To Say!
Poeple
Front-End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAJanuary 19, 2017
I enjoyed working in customer service. The pay was not equal to the job required. They do not support trying to advance in the company. If you requested a day off they would cut you to 8 hours a week from 37 hours a week.
Great people to work with
Retail/Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 19, 2017
Working at ROSS was a good experience. I really enjoyed working with my associates. My supervisor was so awesome. The employees stick together on everything..which is ideal when you're back up with stock and customers in the store!
Not the best experience
Merchandise Planner (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 19, 2017
Good compensation and work life balance but role doesn't include planning and is more of an assistant role. Spend a lot of time printing and doing reports that I am not sure anyone looks at. Waste a ton of paper and very unconventional type of planning that is not consistant with any other company.
Merchandise
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 19, 2017
The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the new merchandise that has come in from stock and in jewelry, and also the clearance in the different departments.
Great workplace
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDJanuary 19, 2017
Wonderful work place to learn good team working abilities and how to help our guest with the best shopping experience that they could possibly be having.
It is a very social atmosphere.
Store Protection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAJanuary 18, 2017
Everyone dated everyone.
Management was more social than leadership.
Honestly, I would be willing to work there again. I had a good time while I was there.
Easy place to work.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  McHenry, ILJanuary 18, 2017
Ross Dress for Less is an easy place to work but they do not pay well. Although the job is not hard so it pays what it's worth. the registers are simple to work as is everything else in the store. it's an easy place to advance within the company at.
Pros
easy work
Cons
bad hours, low pay
Ehh
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Christiansburg, VAJanuary 18, 2017
The store and upper management outside of store are amazing! Advancement opportunities galore, I didn't have the environment I would like there. I wouldn't work at this location again.
Good job to start out in
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Westminster, CAJanuary 18, 2017
Learned a lot about the retail business and loss prevention. Assigned tasks at start of day, need to be fast at checking people out to keep up lines.
Pros
Discount on clothes
Cons
Not enough hours
Productive profession fun place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Auburn, CAJanuary 18, 2017
This is a very professional business and fun, they work with my funky schedule well. They are always looking for ways to improve the store. All the managers are very understanding and easy to talk to. If you need help or feel like your struggling or not filling understanding they make sure to take time aside to help you reach your full potential. I've never felt like I wasn't a true fit to this company.
Needs work
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Waxahachie, TXJanuary 18, 2017
Management was not competent. Easy place to work. Nothing too difficult. spent many hours in OT because things were not properly managed and executed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ross Dress For Less. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9