Ross Dress For Less Employee Reviews in United States

Found 4,470 reviews matching the search
Productive and fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, CAJuly 26, 2016
Ross is a fast paced environment where you have to be able to multi-task and be organized. I interact with 50+ customers a day to provide high quality customer service. Management is caring and flexible with employee availability. My co-workers and friendly and team oriented. The hardest part of the job is staying positive with rude customers, it is a task that takes patience and staying positive. The most enjoyable part is working together to accomplish goals and receiving employee discount.
Pros
Potlucks, holiday parties, employee discount, flexibilty with time off
Cons
dealing with difficult customers, limited hours
It's a great place to work. The employees makes it fun!
Stock Area Supervisor (Current Employee) –  West Sacramento, CAAugust 8, 2016
Ross is a great place to work. The managers and employees makes it fun to be there. I learned about team work, delivering merchandise, stock, merchandising, managing my time, training associates, and I met great people and a great team. The hardest part about my job was working on the sales floor and in stock. The most enjoyable part of my job are the people at delivering great customers service to our customers and maintaining a neat and organize store.
Pros
Safety parties
Fast paced enviornment
Ticketer (Former Employee) –  Perris, CAJuly 27, 2016
We have a meeting before the shift, I grab the tools that I need we are assigned to different areas. I learned how to use a pallet jack and R.F scanner the management were helpful and nice, it was a warehouse environment so there are a lot of co- workers, the hardest part of the job is trying to meet our quota everyday and the most enjoyable part is meeting my quota plus getting bonuses for exceeding my quota every week.
Pros
I got paid every week
Cons
working on saturdays
Over worked and under paid.
Area Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Douglasville, GAAugust 17, 2016
The management role seemed great at first but it is a lot of responsibility for not enough money. The people are great and that's one of the things that kept me coming back. The company is a multi-million dollar company and they low ball you with your pay. It is HIGHLY stressful but could definitely be worth it if the pay was better. I am in management and the difference in my pay and a regular part-time employee is $0.25. To me that is ridiculous when I have WAY more responsibility. Yes I get more hours but there should be a clear difference in pay between regular employee's and management.
Pros
Great people. Full time benifits start right away.
Cons
Pay is too low
Ready to move on
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Turnersville, NJAugust 19, 2016
The Hard Merchandise Supervisor is responsible for the Merchandising, Fulfillment and BOPS process as well as achieving sales plan by ensuring proper product placement and flow of new receipts. They create an enhanced shopping experience and support the selling process by leveraging relationship throughout the store in order to attend to the customer. Other operational duties include floor moves, replenishment, inventory; shortage control, stockroom organization, and merchandising
good for young people very active
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAAugust 19, 2016
It was a great place to work as a part timer just for seasonal, it used to be very busy which I liked but too messy and not much respect for schedules. Great people to work with no much with certain management. The hardest part of working at Ross was the time of schedules because I was seasonal I had to stay late and sometimes be real early but having kids was not an easy thing to manage.
Pros
Good employees would get recognize for their jobs.
Cons
Very dis-organized
very very stressful job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CAJuly 25, 2016
I liked working here especially with the discounts but oh my god people were rude & gross & just threw things on the floor

being a cashier was fun this was my first real job & I loved it
I hated picking up all the clothes on the floor though

they did not really do a lot on shoplifting here though they just looked at people & even though they knew people were stealing they just let them walk out the store like nothing
Pros
a lot of nice clothes & shoes
Cons
rude people & dirty people
The management sucks, in the security position all we have to do is stand up front and greet people.
Loss Prevention Officer (Current Employee) –  Longview, WAAugust 11, 2016
I have to stand up front and greet people, I can't stop anyone from stealing, I have to let them walk out of the door and that's it. I've learned literally nothing, I've had to wing everything I know, No one is giving me any feedback. The management sucks, all our managers is do, is sit in the office. My co workers are amazing and they get no hours a week, they work with little pay. The hardest part of the job is not being able to stop anyone from stealing. The most enjoyable part is being able to work with some of my friends.
Pros
Being able to work with friends
Cons
short break, bad management
Politically and morally incorrect
DC Operations, Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAAugust 2, 2016
I had worked for Ross WCDCs for the past 13 years. I had many advancements which led me to an operations manager. I enjoyed my job because of the employees who showed more team work and willing to get along compared to the exempt teams including Hr and VPs. The culture that is being driven there has put fear in alot of people. Its the don't tell policy and you will keep your job. Unfortunately as a person I found it difficult to allow the behaviors that the exempt team was driving and I had gone against the grain with the immoral acts that were being planned and executed. The only positive benefits were discounts.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Poor culture
Has it's issues but pleasant none the less
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COAugust 16, 2016
What's to say that my review stars don't say. There are far worse places and mildly better places to work. It's a good company with some issues when it comes to technology and honest management decisions. The atmosphere is nice, and the workers in my experience were pleasant...upper management is a bit unbalanced and the asset protection division is a bit off but other than that it's a good company worth recommending to anyone who is looking for a stable place to work.
Long hours, huge turnover
Training Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVAugust 3, 2016
I worked with some great Store Managers but we all had the same issues with upper management, so many of them have left the company. Long hours 60+ a week no home life and always on call. Never felt like upper management would go to bat for you no matter how much you did to make them look good.
Hard to keep employees because always cutting hours to save payroll, even if your store wasn't over you have to cut to help out your district.
Pros
Employees and customers
Cons
long hours, no upper management engagement
Fast Pace work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Selma, TXJuly 29, 2016
Ross is a very fast pace moving store. You learn new places everyday and they are very flexible and work with you on things. Ross is pretty well rounded when it comes to management if there is low points about one manager there is another one to help pick up the pieces! I haven't even met half the people that work at my store, but so far everyone is really friendly and I enjoy working with everyone!
Pros
New experiences, able to move up in the company, enjoy working with good people.
Cons
Short lunches, schedule changes alot, need more hours
Retail Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 21, 2016
Rising up to succeed all expectations, organizing all sales floor merchandise, engaging with customers when entering and leaving the store, operating cash register efficiently, delivering great service. Coworkers are productive and focused on making customers smile. The Hardest part about working at Ross is that you work a lot harder than expected but it's worthwhile if you build customer relationships. The most enjoyable part is exceeding all your limitations and growing in the company.
Pros
Teamwork, promotion opportunities, Personal development
Cons
Compensation benefits
Great
Senior Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 28, 2016
I opened the first Ross store in Calif. I started out working in the Men's Department. I had my own stock room and I had to push my stock out everyday. We all worked as a Team and always got the job done. Learning to sizes men for dress shirts. The most enjoyable was Opening new store for the company. You walk into a shell and you take a team and trainer them and step back and see what you all did
Pros
company cared about there empolyees
Cons
Lost the customer service part
The work place is fun yet stressful
Cashier and sales floor (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 31, 2016
A typical day at work with the right manager can be easy and manageable yet when we are low staffed or some of the employees do not have professionalism the work place can seem chaotic and overwhelming. The hardest part about the job would be an understaffed weekend with employees who were not professional, but the most enjoyable part about the job was that the managers were very kind and always worked with me and my hours and to make my time there as enjoyable as possible.
Pros
great managers
Cons
understaffed, unprofessionalism among some employees
It was ok place to work.
Loss Prevention Associate (Former Employee) –  Highland, CAAugust 1, 2016
Typical work day would start off, by seeing if there was any incidents the shift or day before in my reports. take a brief walk through the store to make sure everything is ok. Management to me could of been a little better, seems like every one knew each other, what made it an lazy work environment, didn't really talk to coworkers because I was the new guy so it was hard trying to fit in., hardest thing about the job was standing in one spot the entire day and couldn't move. but overall it was ok.
Cons
coworkers would half way do their job.
Productive enviorment and great staff.
Back up Supervisor/Cash Office Representative (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAAugust 5, 2016
I worked there the longest so I gain much knowledge from working there. I applied myself and learned how to become the front end supervisor, cash office, stock room helper, fitting room associate and on becoming a back up manager at Ross. Management was great because they always encouraged growing with the company and loved showing employees how to do new things. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with such a great staff and truly feeling like a part of the team.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
aggresive customers
Fast paced environment with rewards for doing well
Stock Team Member (Former Employee) –  Federal Heights, COAugust 7, 2016
A typical day starts with me arriving at the store at 6:15am and processing a truck. I would typically be in control of the stockroom a lot of the time. This includes making a day schedule, coordinating breaks, training new associates. The management was very helpful with helping you with your issues. The hardest part of the job was all the heavy lifting required. The most enjoyable part is that I woke up really early and had the rest of the day to do other things.
Pros
Store discount, reasonable hours
Cons
Physically demanding
Standard office environment
Assistant Buyer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 9, 2016
Typical day is 8-6. Analyzing data, running system reports, going out in the market place, placing buys, writing orders etc. Management is situational. I have had a pleasant experience with my management and co-workers but I do not think it is the same for all. Overall, supportive company with great benefits and competitive pay. The product/career does not interest me personally.
Pros
Free Lunches, discount in stores, good healthcare
Cons
No lunch breaks, early start time
Great environment to work in with amazing people to learn from
MOD+/Superviser (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NCJuly 18, 2016
Always greeted with a smile when I come in. I am given the updates of what the day has been like an what has been done or what needs to get done. Most of the time I cashier, or doing a project. Everyone is always satisfied with my work and cleanliness. Teaching new employees on register or answering any questions they have. Greeting all customers as they come in or if I am near by, I am happy to help them with any questions.
Pros
Pay raise every six months.
Cons
Wish i had more time in the day to do everything to make the store better.

2.9