Ross Dress For Less

Ross Dress For Less Employee Reviews

Found 3,214 reviews matching the search
the hours
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Gilroy, CAFebruary 5, 2016
they don't give you hours. if you can work nights and weekends they'll love you other then that they will jip you on hours. they sounds promising but they aren't
Horrible
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAFebruary 4, 2016
Horrible pay, horrible company policies, horrible management. Customers yell at you on a regular basis for calling the next customer and for the store being a mess, and management doesn't allow you to say it's policy or that we're understaffed. We're supposed to take the complaints while they blame us.
Great Store
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Inglewood, CAFebruary 4, 2016
Soon as I get to work I would start to clean up the store; pick clothes up off the floor, hang them on hangers and fold them neatly. Me work here show me how to work them customers to help them find what best fit them. The hardest part was trying to finish cleaning up before it was time to go home. The best part was the discount they gave up for working there. 40% off was great.
Pros
Great Discount for workers
Cons
Not Enough Hours
bad management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXFebruary 4, 2016
Rude employees. the management spoke to us as children.
racist, overworked for the minimal pay received. did not have a good experience working here.
Pros
Cons
not enough pay
ok place to work but need more hours
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Valrico, FLFebruary 4, 2016
just about everyday was good but when it came to getting paid it was horrible and i didn't get the hours i asked for or wanted. my coworkers were pretty cool and we all got along. the job wasn't hard but you have to know what keys to press when working the cashier; so if you're not ready let them know. some managers were cool and others were just plain rude and let their frustration affect their work.
Pros
vending machines and once a month party for no accidents
Entertaining place to work if you just want a check
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Alabaster, ALFebruary 4, 2016
I enjoy working at Ross, majority of the time. The main reason I enjoy it is credited to my co-workers. The reason why I do not enjoy it is the lazy store manager. I feel that her could be a lot more involved in what actually goes on in the store. He spends majority of his time back in the office, and does not give his struggling employees a helping hand. We basically have to fend for ourselves.
Pros
Discount on merchandise and double-discount days
Cons
Poor management and few hours scheduled when part-time
good
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 4, 2016
busy making sure the store is presentable is one of the goals of the company and that is a vital key, because if the store is a mess who will want to shop there but if it clean, neat and presentable people will shop and that make for a good work environment.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 3, 2016
Great place to work,I have learned how to handling money!
the management is very cool,nothing enjoyable at this job you cant improve your life with that job
Productive workplace
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 3, 2016
Great opportunities to learn and gain knowledge about retail merchandising and business management. The work environment depends on management and team work.
Supervisors that care...
Area Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLFebruary 3, 2016
Ross loves to promote from within. In order to do that the supervisors try to learn about you (at least on a professional level) and are constantly looking for the next front end supervisor or the next stock lead.
Pros
promotions are achievable
Easy and fun work place
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rosenberg, TXFebruary 3, 2016
I really liked working at Ross because I learned how to do management and price changes. My co workers at this job were really fun to work with and made my day go by faster.
Pros
employee discounts
Cons
customers holiday shopping
helped the kids and bus driver
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLFebruary 3, 2016
I would help the kids and bus driver but I was with th kids for every need they had I loved my kids I helped them on and off the bus when w got to school or when we reached their homes
fun place to work
Summer/Holiday Temp (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 3, 2016
When You Come in They Will Send You Home If They Don't Have Enough Pay Roll When Your schedule to Come To Work , Will Not notified Crew Ahead Of schedule Time
Pros
Cons
Late Breaks
Amazing People
Lead store protection specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 3, 2016
The co-workers became family and leaving was so hard, but I was not happy with the stress and hate I was growing towards my job, The Co-Workers definitely make it worth staying though.
Pros
Great People, Amazing Customers
Cons
Rude Crazy Customers, its Retail!
Great Job enviroment
Front End Supervisor/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  PAFebruary 2, 2016
I love working for Ross the co-workers are great and I know whats expected of me. We work well together and the Management team is great always there to work around your schedule.
Pros
good enviroment
Cons
no pay raise
Happy with my Job at Ross would like to relocated to Fountain Hills
Front End Supervisor, Manager on Duty, Markdowns (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZFebruary 2, 2016
Learned the entire store operation and have enjoyed each position.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the cooperation of my peers.
We share ideas and put them to work to better the customer experience.
Would like to continue with the learning process.
Pros
New idea oriented
Cons
No part time benefits
Not your typical Retail Experience
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Orange Park, FLFebruary 2, 2016
Working on the stock team at Ross is very hectic and demanding. No matter how hard you work, the managers always seem to spend more time on criticizing the workers than giving credit when it's due. There is not much opportunity for advancement or cross-training unless you speak up about it. Ross is a great store overall. It just depends on which location you work at because every store is different, especially with this being a retail store.
Pros
Early work hours
Cons
Management, too many demands, cutting hours
Fun, non pressured, great greeting and assisting customers.
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Panama City Beach, FLFebruary 2, 2016
Wonderful place to work. Have food provided in breakroom once a month. Management is very understanding, great to work for. Feels like being with family as each associate is eager to help the other to meet company goals.
Pros
Great Management
Cons
not enough hours
Low hours, management changes often, rules and regulations change whenever they feel like it.
Loss Prevention Associate (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 2, 2016
Working in the Austin area, I've seen very poor management all around. After a year of coming in when people call in sick or whatever reasons just when they needed me, they've yet to give me a raise or even a full time status.
There are no benefits if you're part time. Every manager is different and the rules are vague enough they can get by with changing it however they want. Mostly dress code issues, but when it comes to breaks and lunches as well. Several times I've been asked to take a lunch within my last hour, one time they wanted me to take a lunch within my last half hour and then immediately clock out so they could say I had a lunch and their boss wouldn't get mad at them.
The SPS or loss prevention job is awful, you can't do anything really but stand around and talk to people. You can't even call the police without calling corporate first. Can't walk out of the store to get a license plate or anything. The job is pretty useless.
When the schedule gets posted I tend to take a picture of it, and several times management has changed it later and won't let me know so I'll end up being late and still somehow reprimanded for it.
It's a giant mess. Avoid it if you can.
Pros
It pays
Cons
No beneifts, job isnt steady, managment gets away with everything
The worst
Store Protection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 2, 2016
If you are anywhere an Florida and want to work at Ross, DON'T. It's the worst place to ever work. Management act like children, you are basically slaving for minimum wage, they don't give hours, and they expect the most when they dint even appreciate you. During the interview process of your are part time they will guarantee 25 hours a week which is a lie. You will be lucky if you make 12 hours that week. If you have personal reasons for leaving work, you might as well except that write up because that's what you are going to get. Store manager at the one I worked at had her period and she went home an associate had a family memeber in the hospital and if she left she would have been fired.
Pros
Markdowns
Cons
Everything else