Ross Dress For Less

2.8K reviews

Ross Dress For Less Employee Reviews

busy days
cashier (Former Employee), PacoimaAugust 26, 2015
A lot of busy days so you have to be quick. The staff was friendly always helped me out when i needed help. Sometimes there was too little staff and a lot of customers
easy job
stocker (Former Employee), College Station, TXAugust 26, 2015
Pros: low hours... everyday 12:15-4:15pm
Cons: cool people to work with.... easy job
Clock in go into the stock room help unload boxes and put the materials in the correct blue ben or hummer after unloading the boxes and putting the materials in the correct spot each stock member take a blue been or a hummer and put the materials on the shevles after that you can clock out . They pay you 9 in hour
Nice place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Vernon Hills ILAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Awesome People.
Cons: Too little hours.
Nice place to work, friendly people, team workers, good training, and the most important thing is that they understand your when you have a personal problem and they try really hard to help you. they are pretty understandable with employees needs.
Great Part-time work
Cashier, Stockroom Attendant (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 26, 2015
Basic pay, lots of work, plenty of breaks and great customers. Its wonderful part-time work when you need it. Not a lot of room to move up within the company.
Bad management
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Lady Lake FLAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Easy Job
Cons: Horrible Managment
Bad choice in hiring managers for payroll benefits. They use good employees to do managment work without having to pay more or offer benefits
Very fun place to work and they care for their workers.
STOCKROOM ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Vancouver, WAAugust 25, 2015
I personally enjoyed working here. Not only were the workers great and the environment is fun to work in, but the company actually takes care of you which is a huge plus for me. They even show appreciation for all the hard work you put in for them.
Ineffective management and procedures
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Signal Hill, CAAugust 25, 2015
Coworkers and assistant managers are pleasant and helpful but the manager is irrational and put in place ineffective procedures that we are never allowed to deviate from. You barely get any hours and the pay is dismal.
Customer Service
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee), Folsom, CAAugust 25, 2015
I enjoyed the fast paced environment. There was never a dull moment. I learned to oversee the cashiers and coach them. I enjoyed my co-workers and teaching them. Hardest part of the job was coaching in a positive way so not to discourage my coworker. I was able to learn to understand personalities in order to approach each individual in a way that would be positive for them.
Productive and Social workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Orland Park, ILAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Work Schedule
Cons: None
Gave Exceptional Customer Service. Learned how to Merchandise and Display Products. Also worked on Computer point of sale Scanning Equipment. Assisted Customers in Purchasing Items. Answered any Customer Concerns.
overall a good place to work
Front end Supervisor (Former Employee), Spring, TXAugust 25, 2015
flexible schedule
great part time benefits
managers were great to work with
friendly customers
some supervisors thought they were more superior than others overall
had no complaints
Ross is a good place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Burleson, TXAugust 23, 2015
I am happy to work for ross and I give everything I have when I go in to make sure I am always following guidelines, I enjoy problem solving and helping the customers each day
space for improvements
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee), Snellville, GAAugust 23, 2015
Pros: the exp. my co workers discount
Cons: scheduling
I enjoyed working at ross for the most part there was order and structure everyonewas always nice my management team was very supportive
Stock Room
Sales Floor Associate- - Stock Team (Current Employee), Roseville CaAugust 21, 2015
Pros: Learned a lot about Retail
Cons: Not much room to move up in company
We start at 5:30 am Monday through Friday, I am reasonable for breaking down truck into section to distribute through the store. Stock all shelves also hag all apparel onto apparel racks. Then put onto floor.
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee), 75th ave and thomasAugust 20, 2015
Pros: great discounts
Cons: Managers don't know what their doing.
if you do your job right you can move up you have to be very patient for retail long day great coworkers no overtime some good supervisors really good employee discounts.
Typical Day
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), 4425 Touchstone DrAugust 20, 2015
Pros: Bonuses, free lunches, and team activities
Cons: sub par benefits
Fantastic place to work. Great team and good managers for the most part. Hours are sometimes long but rewarding in the end.
production
sales (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 20, 2015
This company is unrealistic about company production goals. They view their employee as robots. If you even call off because your mom is dying they don't care, still expected to come to work.
Honestly, I didn't like working at Ross Stores
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Oxon Hill, MDAugust 20, 2015
Working as a sales associate for Ross Stores was definitely not the best job I have had. I honestly did not like working there. The management at one point was not good.
Productive workplace
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee), Temple, TXAugust 19, 2015
Overall excellent management and very organized store. The pay is good and there is always something to do. The associates are friendly and store manager is very nice.
Good for basic management training
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Burien, WAAugust 19, 2015
learning how to control sales and payroll and develop teams is nice, however everyone hates their job and complains constantly. Have to deal with incredibly annoying customers who destroy your store every day without fail or care.
Fun, enjoyable
Backroom Associate (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCAugust 19, 2015
Ross was a more family like job. everyone there was on the same page, new there role and played it well. which made business run smoothly
Industry