Ross Dress For Less
2,724 reviews

Ross Dress For Less Employee Reviews

Organized Environment, best for students
Cash Office and Sales Associate (Current Employee), St louisJuly 25, 2015
Pros: they are always hiring people, you get 20% discount as Ross Associate, you can learn a lot of things from here. best for students because the schedule is very comfortable, you can choose which days you can work, can be one day a week.
Cons: small pay, you have to stand all day, sometimes you get less hours, sometimes you get more depends upon how many people are working in store
a typical day at work is typically typical, just like other stores. environment is clean, and organized. managers are friendly.co workers are good. like a school you learn how to give a true customer service.
A joke of a company
Sales floor (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALJuly 24, 2015
Pros: You can leave after your shift
Cons: Everything else
Ross provides an unkempt store along with paying unlivable wages and a team of unruly management that couldn't care less.
Overworked and underpaid
Sales Associate/Stock Associate (Former Employee), Knightdale, NCJuly 23, 2015
I'm not the type to bash a company and I can't speak on other people behalf but I would never work for Ross again. Low pay and underemployed. Management was horrible and unorganized. We were always understaffed.
nice place to work
FT Floor Person (Current Employee), Cicero, ILJuly 22, 2015
I loved the but some of the management team was good at first and then, management started an relationship with each other and that's when it be came to much because if you didn't do something a manager asked you to do because she was going with management she would tell he and when they made the schedule he would than cut your hours which wasn't right.
Overall Good Place to Work
Area Supervisor (Former Employee), West Lubbock, TxJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Friendly Coworkers
Cons: District Management is ever changing which can be stressful
A typical day at work is busy, you must be able to juggle a million things at once or learn how to delegate to get the job done. Very quick paced environment. All coworkers are friendly and the environment is mostly positive.
Low pay and no hours!
Retail Associate (Current Employee), Covington, GAJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Free lunch sometimes, employee double discount days
Cons: short breaks, no hours
When the schedule comes out, I will have 3 or 4 days a week. Then management will call you to tell you that the schedule has changed and now you only have 1 day that is a 4 hour shift. Not worth the time to start your car!
It is a decent place to work overall and the work atmosphere is enjoyable.
Front- end supervisor (Former Employee), Jackson, TNJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Employee discounts
Cons: the confusion the line system causes.
A typical day at work is pretty fast paced. I learned a great deal about what it is to work in retail and the different personalities you encounter on a daily basis when working behind a cash register. The management is fantastic and treats everyone fairly and with respect. The enjoyment of the jobs comes in making a customer smile and the hardest part is dealing with customers who are unfriendly and rude.
Fast paced and fun place to work at
Area Supervisor, cash office (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJuly 21, 2015
Management would actively seek out candidates for promotions. Within 1 year i was promoted twice. Great customer and business balance.
Fun and great place to work.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Carson, CAJuly 20, 2015
Great agency. Thoughtful and very cheerful to work. Loved the warehouse I was placed it. Everything was good.. managers where excelen and so where the staff.
Less hours and pay for more work
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee), Cerritos, CAJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Discounts
Cons: Can never become full time
Ross works you like a slave and pay peanuts. No enough working hours for part time, and you can never become full time. Work is really easy but what you have to do you should be paid more.
great place to work
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), west palm beach floridaJuly 20, 2015
typical day at work includes assisting customers, running cash registers, cleaning and maintaining store appearance,
FUN WORKPLACE
Retail Associate (Former Employee), South Gate, CAJuly 20, 2015
IT IS A FUN PLACE TO WORK FOR SOMEONE WHO IS CURRENTLY IN HIGH SCHOOL OR ATTENDING COLLEGE. WORK IS FUN AND PRODUCTIVE. THE HARDEST PART MIGHT HAVE TO BE AT THE END OF THE DAY TRYING TO CLEAN THE STORE.
Fun place to work. Always Busy. Great environment
Manager (Former Employee), Lawton, OKJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Very fast pace. Great benefits
Cons: Not enough hours given to employees to accomplish tasks
Processed incoming freight. Created schedules for all associates, sometimes with limited hours from corporate. Submitted payroll. Responsible for all hiring, counseling and terminations. Controlled cash office and deposits. Had a great team. Hardest part of the job was trying to stay on top of all things in the store with limited hours for employees.
Ross Dress for Less is a fun and enjoyable place to work. I work with a very supportive team and together we get the job done.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Hampton, VAJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Double discount week. Free lunches.
Cons: Scheduling, not getting enough hours.
A typical work day at Ross includes assisting plenty of customers. Everyone loves to shop there because of the great prices. This is the most of my conversation with customers. Working at Ross for me has been an interesting introduction into the world of retail. However, I do enjoy being a part of a team that pulls together, support one another, compliment one another and at the end of the night get it done together. The most difficult part of the job I would say is not being able to accommodate a customer who may be looking for a particular item. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you know you have met a customer needs and they commend you.
Fast paced work, chill place, friendly people
Stock Associate (Former Employee), west hollywoodJuly 20, 2015
Pros: discounts, free food, working alone, not having to deal with rude customers
Cons: cancelled trucks(less days of work)
To be honest...it all depends on the manager as I've had 3 different managers working as a stock associate for almost two years(recently left) the first manager wasn't really well organized so the job was a bit more tough, the last two managers made me enjoy working for this company :) as well as the coworkers! They do make you feel like family, the pay was good... except if you're paying your own bills...you might want to look for a second job as my checks didn't come out too big(sometimes)..and at times trucks were cancelled. You get the weekends off so that was always fun!
Stretched
Area Supervisor (Current Employee), Rome, GAJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Safety celebrations, employee discount
Cons: Little support from superiors, minimum wage
Most new employees get very little training within their new department; most of the responsibilities for any position in this company you have to learn by yourself. Upper management is almost useless when it comes to any issues you might have; in fact, you're probably better off not talking to anyone (including the "anonymous" AlertLine) because retaliation is apparently a company standard. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the obnoxious and rude customers who think it is part of your job to pick up every piece of clothing that they didn't consider to be worthy of their wardrobe. The most enjoyable part is bonding with other employees.
Low wages and horrible hours
STORE PROTECTION SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Clarksville, TNJuly 19, 2015
Pros: N/A
Cons: Low wages, difficult schedules
A job with this company is primarily for young professionals either beginning their careers by trying to obtain experience or for people who just need a part time job. The company generally starts employees at minimum wage, and working your way up through the company is virtually impossible. Some managers will attempt to work with employees schedules while others will not at all.
Productive work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Hesperia, CAJuly 19, 2015
Pros: Decent break time, friendly coworkers.
Cons: Not enough hours provided weekly for a full-time student who pays bills
At Ross I learned plenty of patience, how to speak to all different types of customer whether they were satisfied or unsatisfied with their visit. I was able to use my bilingual skills to communicate and help managers communicate with Spanish speaking customers. Management was helpful when needed but they would also spend a lot of their time in the break room talking about their personal lives and would never take the blame for anything even when at fault. The hardest part of this job was closing at such a late time not getting out until 2 a.m. and management not taking into consideration my class schedule at my college. The most enjoyable part has always been my extremely fun and friendly co-workers and the customers always helping us stay positive.
Fun and serious
Sales floor (Former Employee), chicago illinoisJuly 19, 2015
Working at Ross i learned how to do markdowns and i also learned how to stock the merchandise. I also know how to arrange all the clothing in the correct order and format.
Not a bad job
State License Security Officer (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 19, 2015
Ross Dress for Less has been a good experience for me thus far. Manager and co-workers are in the same page and get the things that need to be completed, completed.

About Ross Dress For Less

Our customers love a great deal. That makes our mission simple: to provide exciting bargains, every day, in every store. It takes – Read more

Ross Dress For Less Salaries