Ross Dress For Less Employee Reviews

Found 6,722 reviews matching the search
Awful
STORE PROTECTION SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 15, 2017
I have only worked there for not even three months and they have changed my job description multiple times. They don't know what they want. A lot of what they say contradicts other things they say and if you question something, they brush you off to the side. It is a boring job and you have to deal with rude people all day. You also aren't allowed to sit down or walk around. You stay in the same spot your whole shift. They also never give breaks and lunches on time.... If they even give them at all.
Cons
standing your whole shift, working alone, rude people
Poor management
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenacres, FLSeptember 15, 2017
Manager at Greenacres Fl store does not communicate with employees. Hired over 25 employees to help set up new store and then began to cut hours until the point where employees werent even scheduled to work. But get this as they were cutting hours they had jobs posted online saying that they are hiring. They used employees to help set up the new store and then laid them off to hire new people. This place is a total joke!
Pros
Employee discount
Good Friendly people
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  1950 N Dixie Hwy Elizabethtown Ky 42701September 15, 2017
The managers are wonderful and friendly. They are very understanding and will help with anything they could to make this a great work environment. I love this place
Great place to work if needing flexible hours for kids and/or school
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALSeptember 15, 2017
I like working at Ross. I started in April 2017. I work part time. Management is understandable and will work with you on your schedule. The work environment is awesome. I love the discounts that the employees receive.
Stressful
Retail Associate and Cashier/FES (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg, CA 94565September 15, 2017
If you don't mind inconsistency, this is the job for you.
Extremely hard to move up in the company.
I was promised various positions yet they hired outside of the company instead of promoting within.
fun place
Loss Preventation (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 15, 2017
great place to work. great locations fun people. get to work with diverse population. easy schedule. clear job expectations, multiple advancement opportunities
Good job. Relaxed, short hours.
Cashier/Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Morrow, GASeptember 14, 2017
The job itself was cool. Nothing too difficult. The only bad thing I would say is the management is not good. This is why a lot of people leaving including myself.
Pros
Pays good, relaxed for the most part, good hours
Cons
Ross does not care about their employees.
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCSeptember 14, 2017
You are there to work and get the work out. If you are having health problems or family emergencies then your absence will count against you. They do not pay enough for the work that I do there. I work my butt off and barely have enough to make the rent and get groceries.
Pros
people I work with are great
Cons
not enough pay
Unfair Pay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLSeptember 14, 2017
The amount of work and stress the company and managers place on you is not equivalent to the compensation that is awarded to the employee. The are not a good company to work for .
ok
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hiram, GASeptember 14, 2017
Ok job depending on the people you are working with. This job is for someone that is young with no bills or a retired person that is bored because the pay will not get you by
busy store but good experince to learn from
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 14, 2017
ross keeps you busy at every moment and always have something for you, its a very occupied store and the management was good constantly checked up on you
productive and challenging
Supervisor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 14, 2017
unloading truck and processing as fast and correctly as you can. I've learned to manage my time wisely and to get along well with others. The hardest part of the job is meeting dead lines and trying to get everything process before the day ends.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
less hours
better career path and opportunities to look for
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VASeptember 14, 2017
left to return to Pakistan for family reasons and change career path, need better paying position and better chances for advancement, underemployed for education level I have
ross dress for less
Loss Prevention Agent / retail associate (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, CASeptember 14, 2017
managers are, not the best very lazy, rude, inconsistent don't really care about your personal life mixing with work little hours to excessive hours demand much to pay so little.
ok
Manager (Area Supervisor) (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 14, 2017
Training employees should be more prioritized and more hours should be available for employees........................................................
Pros
discount
Cons
no hours available
Was great at first
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 14, 2017
This is actually one of the easiest jobs you could probably find. Started here and worked my way up to a management position. Unfortunately, even doing your job exactly the way you're told to - by the book - and following policy can still cost you your job if other associates don't agree. Too much inconsistency with fellow managers. Many associates are just out of high school and you can definitely tell... too much gossip and slander. Would recommend but I'd suggest looking for something better.
Pros
Great discounts, great health benefits
Splitter (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCSeptember 13, 2017
They made you work like a dog for little pay and would push you for the supervisors own bonus. Some people were very lazy and expected others to always pick up their slack.
Pros
friendships
Cons
management
Good People
Area Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 13, 2017
Busy days, time flies.
I learned a lot but the store managers are not the best.
Great employees.
I loved the people.
Company does not really care abut their employees.
Enjoyed my co-workers
Store Protection Specialist/Stocker (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 13, 2017
I was initially promised to receive 18-27 hours a week as a Store Protection Associate but averaged no more than 10 hours. After I worked for a couple of months I grew bored due having to stand in one central place for the majority of my 5 hour shifts. I gave a 2 week notice and Manager asked me to stay on and she would find another job which she did. I was to try it for a while to see if I thought I could do the job. It was a stocking position of which I had experience previously.. In this capacity I averaged less than four hours a week. Many weeks I was called and told to stay home due to smaller cargo amounts. I did not give a second notice since I did not have a meeting with the manager to see how it was going. I enjoyed working with a great team of workers. Pay was excellent but management did not come through with expected hours.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Weekly hours minimally offered.
fun workplace
Supervisor Cashier/ Sales Associate- Be (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, IL 60515September 13, 2017
Fun place to work at and you meet very interesting people there.Good discount. The items in the store are a better prices then most stores. You'll even find great deals on awesome products. And over all a nice retail store to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ross Dress For Less. Our community is ready to answer.