Ross Dress For Less Employee Reviews

Found 6,481 reviews matching the search
Fast paced
part time MD (Current Employee) –  Garrison, MDAugust 9, 2017
The wages are ridiculous for only high school kids who live with there moms and have no responsibility . the turn over rate is high because wages and hours giving is not enough.
Pros
Unlimited days off
Cons
Few hours
Corporate sucks
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Eureka, CAAugust 9, 2017
Company expected a lot out of us for not much compensation. Co workers were the best part of the job. Most workers never got raises unless necessary by law.
Very busy job
Sales Associate/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CAAugust 9, 2017
Everyone's a team player, always new roll out plans for floor plans. Something always to do and many projects that have deadlines that must meet time frame. Many visits from corporate which can make things a bit stressful.
Pros
20% discount, medical, customer service experience and busy days.
Cons
short breaks, short staffed, distroyed merchandise and busy holidays.
love it
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 9, 2017
everything was nice only had to move to the back home country that's why i left. else would have been employed here still. I love the place and organization.
Productive but not very steady unreliable hours.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Summerville, SCAugust 9, 2017
The enviroment is busy in which i like it makes time go by faster. The pay is $9.00 at entry level. I've been at the company since December of 2015 and only grossed a 28 cent raise. The schedule is also busy, but not in a good way. (EX) Last week i was scheduled to work Mon-Fri for 4 and a half hrs each day. I only worked Monday for 7 hrs and was called of for the following days.
Pros
Flexible if you have a second job or student.
Cons
No healthcare for part time.
Stock room lead
Area Supervisor/ Stock room Lead (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAAugust 9, 2017
I would help bring the truck in everyday. Assign my team the jobs that they were to perform through out their shift. Perform audits to ensure that my team was correctly processing and securing our merchindise. I also maintained my stock room to ensure that it was a safe and secure enviroment. I have learn how to manage my time to get all of my required work completed. I also learned how to be approacheable by my team so they feel safe to come to me about any problems they are having. Our workplace culture is an open one, we have no problem communicating between each other and asking for help when needed, my team is very helpful they drop whatever they are doing to help each other. The hardest part of my job is managing the amount of hours I recieved to complete a truck, making sure that everyone productivity is up to par. The most enjoyable part of my job is my coworkers. My coworkers are very friendly and open, at the same time they are very focus. They make me want to come to work everyday.
Pros
open work enviroment, flexability in sheduale, vacation and sick time accurment
Cons
no disbaility leave, training is not up to par, no one on one time, it takes a long time to be able to improve yourself. No coummication with upper management.
Great first time job
Store Protection Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 9, 2017
You will deal with the most humble to the most irrate person in retail. A good place to start in loss prevention if you are afraid of tackling people . They are hands off security
Loved working with the public
Video Surveillance Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 9, 2017
Ross is fun as far as working with the public but has managerial issues. Care for employees is non existent from upper management on down. There are some great store managers but for the most part bad management.
Pros
Discounts for employees and family
Cons
Pay wage too low
Stressful fast pased
Sales Associate and Cashier part time (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAAugust 9, 2017
Stressful and fast pased work environment.There was never enough cashier's on shift per customer's making the lines always long. We always had to stay 2-3 hour's after store closing to clean the store up because it was in such disarray.
Pros
Coworkers were helpful and friendly
Cons
Fast pased stressful enviornment
Ross clothing Store
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAAugust 9, 2017
Ross was a fast paced working environment, there was always new things to learn and do. The management was well and the employees helped each other out all the time, It was a family like environment also.
i loved working for them
Area Supervisor (Former Employee) –  United StatesAugust 9, 2017
I really loved this company. I enjoyed working for them on a daily basis.I experienced a lot and advanced in no time.Aslo pay was good. the environment as well.I would go back to work for them anyday.
Hard work for little compensation
Area Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAAugust 9, 2017
As a manager you were suppose to know your schedule at least two weeks in advanced, however that was seldom the case. Often called in on your day off.
A great customer service environment
Area Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 8, 2017
To provide great customer service
love working with the associates
like seeing the new product that came in the store
enjoyed seeing repeat customers weekly
Pros
associates
Cons
open very late
Fun workpace where you meet new people and learn valuable skills.
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rosenberg, TXAugust 8, 2017
I start my shift by getting on the register right away because there is always a big line of customers. When the line goes down, I start to clean the front end and or make sure employees get their breaks and lunches. The managers are always there to help when we aren't able to go past our level of knowledge. I have learned that it is best to stay calm, especially when there is an unhappy customer; also to think of all the options to help the customer before you say no. The hardest part of the job is standing for a couple of hours, and trying to multitask and stay busy when there aren't customers in line. What I enjoy the most, is when I am able to help a customer with what they need especially an angry customer.
Pros
safety parties with food
Cons
short breaks and lunches
Would never go back.
Lead Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 8, 2017
Lack of proper training for positions, need better communication between employers and employees. smaller stores have to do more with less.The customers can be... interesting. People will absolutely test your patience, sanity, reflexes, and faith in the human race. makes for some good after-work stories though.
Great place to start
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 8, 2017
This was my first retail job; I worked very hard and was extremely flexible with all job assistments and criticism. This job requires a lot of self control and patience with other. It is important to understand that this is a discount retailer and everyone wants a bargain so be respectful but attentive and everyone has a special situation.

You can grow with the company but do not expect to have your hand held; if you need one on one time this is not for you. The company wants its employees to be happy but they expect a lot from you. Always speak your mind respectfully but once you don't see eye to eye with them, it wont be as fun.

You will learn a lot in many aspects.
Pros
experience
Cons
stressful with limited payroll
very high paced
FRONT-END SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Huntington Park, CAAugust 8, 2017
they are okay to work for,during the holidays its super busy but if you are lucky enough to work with the right people, its just like any other retail job.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
very busy and messy
competive
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAAugust 8, 2017
very busy no payroll to do what you had to do, stores were very messy and had to spend more time cleaning due to lack of payroll. I did learn from the company.
Pros
time management
Cons
dirty stores
They don't give enough hours
Stocker (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 8, 2017
The only problem that I really had at this job is that they don't give me enough hours at all. And then I am the person with the lowest amount of hours on the schedule and every other day I get a call saying not to come in because the payroll is messed up. I was only getting 10hrs a week
ross sucks
Cashier/Stock (Former Employee) –  Panorama City, CAAugust 8, 2017
take advantage of worker low opurtunties to progress no stable schedule and mangers are demanding for no return employees are expected to complete crazy amounts of work and are always offers poo hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ross Dress For Less. Our community is ready to answer.