Ross Dress For Less
2,319 reviews

Ross Dress For Less Employer Reviews

Productive and Fun place to work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Wilkes-Barre, PAFebruary 13, 2015
While working at Ross, there was never a dull moment. I personally do not like to just stand around, but there was plenty to do when you were not with a customer. The staff was extremely friendly and made me feel right at home when I was first hired!
Great job if you love working with people
Retail Associate (Part-time) (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 12, 2015
It is a cool environment everyone is very welcome. You are on your feet for mostly all day but there is always something to do. Time flies. The hardest part is saying no to a customer.
Laidback, most of the time
Front-End Supervisor (Former Employee), Magnolia, TXFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: free food for safety meetings
Cons: some locations are under-staffed
For the most part, very easy place to work. As long as you can get your work done, you can have fun too. Co-workers are nice, customers pretty much suck but they all do.
fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Allentown, PAFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: good people and good management
Cons: no great benefists, no opportunity to grow on the company, no full time on the store and very bad pay.
Start the day greatting the costumers.
I learn a little big of everything, fitting rrom stock, sales floor, FES
management were great
co-workers too
the most enjoiable part of the job was seeing the customers happy and satisfied.
Typical retail job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Spokane, WAFebruary 12, 2015
often busy like any typical retail job, the pay is not great but the job is fairly easy to learn and you are well trained to accomplish you duties
Great place to work! Great people!
Retail Associate (Current Employee), Diberville, MSFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: associate discount and random double discount days.
Cons: no health insurance, hired as part-time, lack of full-time positions, minimum wage
Work cash register. Assist customers with returned or exchanged merchandise. Assist customers with fine jewelry merchandise. At the end of work day, run returned items back to sales floor. I gained the knowledge of working in a stockroom. Management is fair. I really love my co-workers. Ross is very demanding. An associate may work more than one work station in day. I enjoy meeting different people every work day and I have a blast with co-workers!
Fun place to work if the Company is staff accordingly.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Sterling, VAFebruary 12, 2015
Sales Goals, Loss Prevention Audits, Sales Floor Presentation, competitions amongst stores, monthly Bonus / Incentives if goals are met, and performs other duties as assigned by district Manager.
good
Customer Service Cashier (Former Employee), Alameda, CAFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: everything i liked that job
Cons: not enough cashiers
return items answer phones smile and say hi give directions learning new things and meeting a lot of people, ad co workers.
Team environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Casselberry, FLFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: prizes & employee of the month
Working retail allowed me to have a flex schedule able to work at different times during the week. Management was great and worked close with employees.
Great friendly enviroment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Prattville, ALFebruary 11, 2015
The employees at Ross are dedicated to helping customers get the best bang for thier buck. They follow rule book procedures.
Fast working enviroment
Stockroom & Sales Associate (Current Employee), Sterling, VAFebruary 10, 2015
The priority at Ross, is customers.
We value our customers and try to do our best to help them find every thing they need.
working as the team member helps a lot to run the store fast.
the most enjoyable part of the job is when a customer appreciate and thanks our help and knows how hard we try to help them.
It was a very nice place to work at.
Sales Associate/Stocker (Current Employee), Indio, CAFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: 20% off
Cons: very dirty store
Arrived at work with no experience
gained experience in sales
very busy days during the holidays
very dirty
I learned how to put the clothes according to department, size, and GENDER
co workers were nice
managers were very cool people
nothing hard there
most enjoyable thing was interacting and helping out the customers
Great Employee incentive Plan
Recieving and Sales Associate (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: incentive plan discounts
Cons: awareness
A day at work was always different according to retail, being a part of the retail industry has many rewards. Patience and communication are a must have in performing your day to day duties.
One of My favorite jobs
Cashier (Former Employee), san leandro caFebruary 10, 2015
Good place to start working in retail.
Great job for students looking for a part time, schedule works out great with classes.
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Tucson, AZFebruary 10, 2015
its a great store. amazing deals and lovely people. great pay. gets very busy around christmas time and i absolutely adore working at the ross dress for less.
very productive, fast paced, able to work on what you want
STOCKROOM & AREA SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Draper, UTFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: associate of month $50 bonus, flexible shifts, easy work, required 15 min breaks for 4 hours and an additional break for 6 hours, and unpaid 30 minute lunch for 7 hours +
Cons: could not work over time, starts at part-time 25 hours, minimum wage, basic insurance available to only full-time, messy stores, management not involved, large work load with little time
Fun starting job or if you dont have better options. Pays minimum wage, hires on part-time, need to get promoted to receive more than 25 hours, however with only a 50 cent raise, and a review with raise after additional 6 months. However, there is high turnover of associates and management, making it difficult to work long term if you can't adapt. Also, overwhelmingly busy and stressful around busiest shopping days of year, with very messy customers, and very rude and impatient. Also lots of shoplifters
Typical Day At Ross Stores
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Florissant, MOFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: lunch breaks and 15 minute break on a 5 1/2 shift.
Cons: scheduling around worker availiabilty
A typical at work is very busy and speedy customer service. Sales Associates recovers all around the store. Manager always trying their best to assist their fellow co-workers with Customer Service, processing clothing on Sales Floor and etc. Managers and Co-workers always have discussion to make the day go by faster. I learned how to recover, process transactions at the register, and count items customers take in and out fitting rooms. The hardest part of the job to making sure every customer need especially if it is out of our hands. The most enjoyable part of the job is doing markdowns to see if the price on merchandise is reduced or not.
late hours
Overnight Staff, P/T (Former Employee), Hollywood, FLFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: treat us
Cons: good
you work at night stock up shelves it was a good experience but the pay would be short and they would put it in a next pay check
Fun place to work
Sales Assoc (Current Employee), Yuma, AZFebruary 9, 2015
Ive been working for Ross for over a year as a part time job and I love it! Have great managers and coworkers. I really like that there is always something to do. Time goes back faster that way.
Ross
Area Supervisor (Current Employee), San Pablo, CAFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: advancement within the company.
A typical day at Ross consists of providing great customer service, working hard to keep the store recovered at all times, and delivering a great experience to customers.

About Ross Dress For Less

Our customers love a great deal. That makes our mission simple: to provide exciting bargains, every day, in every store. It takes – Read more

Ross Dress For Less Photos