Ross Dress For Less Employee Reviews

Found 4,594 reviews matching the search
Fun Workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXSeptember 8, 2016
The Workplace is very busy and, I like to be busy because, I like to be active and move around a lot. It is also a great environment to be around because, everyone is so positive.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Great Place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WASeptember 8, 2016
made great friends and learned lots of new things. hours are very flexiblie. it is a very fast pace environment because the deals are great, and the associate discount is pretty great
Fun place to work while in school.
Floor Associate (Current Employee) –  Merced, CASeptember 8, 2016
Everyday you are asked to do so many thing from running a register, providing customer service, and keeping the store together. At this job I learned how to run a retail store by paying attention to management and even learned about security to a certain degree of what to do in certain situations especially when it comes to loss of money and or merchandise. I enjoy everyone I work with its like a big fun family even with the management, they can be like parents, and everyone is around the same age so everyone can relate to everyone. The hardest part about the job was the lack of attendance, either people did not show up or kept calling out. The other hardest part was rebuilding inventory after a holiday and getting the stockroom together.
Worst Customers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXSeptember 8, 2016
The store feels like a flee market and looks like one too. You find the rudest customer who will do anything to get a cheaper prices. Very stressful job.
Cons
Customers
great
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Chino, CASeptember 7, 2016
I love my coworkers, they make job fun to be at. The management is good and are very efficient with work and we are great with customer service. I learned a lot.
Fun and welcoming work enviorment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 7, 2016
On a typical day working at Ross was very calm. I've never had an actual bad day at work. I got alone with all my coworkers. Management was very nice and understanding. While working at Ross I learned how to interact with not only coworkers but the customers to.
Good job
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXSeptember 7, 2016
At that time there were really good people working there I really like working there. It was my first job and it was really easy and busy all the time. That's what I liked about it.
Simple easy going job for the most part
Store Protection Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 7, 2016
Enjoyable work place friendly coworkers and management also great place to meet people friendly customers come in each day. Great way to learn about reatail.
Pros
20 percent discount
Cons
Short lunches
A fun place to work
Cashier and sales floor (Former Employee) –  San Pablo, CASeptember 7, 2016
It was my first time working at a retail store. The people i work with were amazing and they were helpful. It was easy and when needing some help, they are there to help.
Only designed as a profit machine.
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDSeptember 6, 2016
This company was designed and implemented by a group of stock investors. It was designed to run lean, with little emphasis on customer service, and lots of emphasis on low prices and sales.
Overall Fun place to work
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Morehead City, NCSeptember 6, 2016
At least at this Ross, management is great! They work hard to make it a great place to work. They're liberal with acknowledging employees when they do a good job. Pay is okay; no more than what you would expect for a retail job.
Corporate is the problem. They regularly cut hours (without saying why) so if your not in some kind of supervisor/management position they will probably tell you not to come in for a few days. They also expect WAY TOO MUCH of their cashiers and FES's.
Pros
Breaks, Good Management, Opportunities for advancement
Cons
Hours get cut, Too high expectations, micro management from corporate
A day a work
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 6, 2016
Working at Ross dress for less was my second job. I loved everything about that job expect working the floor. The store was always just packed with clothes and when people placed things in a different area really was kinda frustrating. Especially if the item didn't have a label.
very outgoing place, fun to work in and good supervisors teach you various things..
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Perris, CASeptember 6, 2016
i honestly like driving forklift so i enjoy basically everything about my job. interact with my co workers and get our job done is my priority, i keep my work area clean and follow orders so i am willing to adjust and be part of
Productive and hard working job satisfaction
Fitting Room Attendant, Sales Floor (Former Employee) –  East Peoria, ILSeptember 6, 2016
Overall this can be a good company to work for-- if you are only looking for parttime hours.
Keeping up with the flow of customers vs workload can be intimadating but when other co-workers pitch in to help it isnt so bad. The company does promote healthawareness and has a dress code except for certain days, when you allowed to wear different clothing.
Once you've developed a very good team that makes work enjoyable and fun to be around your friends.
Pros
They do provide free lunches, desserts from time to time.
Cons
only 15 min breaks for every 4 hours worked
new work schedule system
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Sacramento, CASeptember 6, 2016
I was hiried for seasonal work. I worked as a floor associate, dressing room, jewlery, go-backs, home decor, toys, all other areas. They need a better system for there employee's work schedule.
Pros
10 percent discount
Cons
scheduling
Inventory control
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLSeptember 6, 2016
• Performs physical labor to place retail stock and supplies in their proper place to create a great “customer experience” environment. Duties include: unloading truck, checking merchandise to purchase order/invoice, stocking merchandise, putting merchandise away from customer use, greeted customers and provided customer service.
it was a fun workplace to interact with people
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VASeptember 6, 2016
I would say ross was a very likeable place to work and would recommend it to anyone looking for a fun active place to work . Management was well put together
Last resort kind of job!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CASeptember 5, 2016
All i have to say is i did not have a good experience while i worked at Ross.Great place to shop but that will be all i'm doing there. Management was terrible, store was messy, employees were not very nice, and very low hours.
Avoid like the plague
Sales Associate and Cashier/ Stockroom Associate (Former Employee) –  Weslaco, TXSeptember 5, 2016
3 year experience working at Ross I can tell you you’re better off working anywhere else. Describing this particular store 15 hour weeks maybe, low pay/1 dollar raises, dealing with idiotic Mexican tourists/winter Texans, female drama, answering to 4 or more bosses and LP, being micromanaged moronic managers often spread their employees too thin so you’re going to be all over the place, having unrealistic work goals a clean store or a long line you can’t have both. As for the higher ups collusion, corruption, incompetence, and favoritism to describe the managers. I wouldn’t even recommend seasonal work at this particular store. Dead-end job avoid it, your worth more than that. PS the favorable comments might be over zealous managers trying to do damage control just a thought.
Pros
Cons
hectic, low pay, low hours, hawkish managers
Great place and amazing discounts
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Clackamas, ORSeptember 3, 2016
I loved working for Ross and loved my employee discount especially when it was time for school shopping for my kids. When I first started at Ross I had great management who really cared about their employees, but towards the end that all changed due to new management it was sad.
Pros
Great discounts for employees

2.9