Ross Dress For Less Employee Reviews

Found 6,325 reviews matching the search
unsteady hour no opportunity for advancement
Security Guard/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  jacksonvileJuly 14, 2017
unstable hours understaffed so i was called in a lot on my days off job was unorganized they did not prosecuteshoplifters which made it dangerous for employees.
Pros
discount on clothes
Cons
unstable hours and lack of opportunity for advancement
Productive workplace
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tomball, TXJuly 13, 2017
Constantly busy, always something to do. Fast paced environment. Friendly environment, great co-workers. Open door policy and the hours flexible. Management is very understanding when emergencies happen. Just an overall good working environment.
Pros
two 15 minute breaks plus one 30 minute lunch.
Cons
constantly shorthanded.
Fun workplace
Front end supervisor (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJuly 13, 2017
Easy going atmosphere fun loving people to work with. Management was great if you got lucky. Wich i did. I followed my boss to another store and stayed 5 years plus. He was amazing. He made it easy to want to work for the company.
Great work place
Front End Supervisor/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Napa Valley, CAJuly 13, 2017
It was a great experience working at ross.
Everyone is very nice and outgoing.
Every day was a great work day it was a very easy job.
Management was ok they made sure to help in any way possible.
Retail store with 'interesting' customers
Full Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, GAJuly 13, 2017
Just keeping the store looking presentable, preventing theft, ringing up customers, and sometimes using your opinions to help customers deciding between which outfit to buy.
Ross workday
Associate/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Florissant, MOJuly 13, 2017
• Worked cash register
• Stocked floor on occasion
• Worked floor to ensure merchandise was organized
I also worked the jewelry station where I would let customers see pieces of jewelry temporary to see if they were interested in it.
Terrible Environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJuly 13, 2017
Being a Cashier gave me valuable learning experiences but working with people who didn't care about their job really bothered me. In the end I decided it wasn't the place for me to be.
Pros
Cashier experience
Cons
People not caring
Fun working environment
Loss Prevention Associate (Current Employee) –  Victorville, CAJuly 12, 2017
A typical work day you stand most of the time by the front door. Greet customers as they come in and leave the store. Preform surveillance of guests and employees as it relates to theft.
fun p
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJuly 12, 2017
the hardest part of the job is when its really busy and line are backed up but you try your best so customers wont be upset and leave but ross has a great team that everyone work together to get the lines down and make the customers happy
Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Alcoa, TNJuly 12, 2017
It was so much fun. I loved working in the fitting rooms and on the registers. the customers were always so great. and I loved the way me and my co workers got along.
Going the extra mile
Night Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDJuly 12, 2017
At Ross it was very tough to work. The management was very sloppy and disorganized. What I learned here was to go the extra mile. The reason is because not much team work was involved and many workers were employed there. So an employee here my help was very much needed. When they needed someone last minute I would go, if they needed someone to stay late it was me, and I always stayed until my work as completed.
Very fast pace working environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Tukwila, WAJuly 11, 2017
It's a great job if you like being active all the time. Since Ross is always busy and understaffed. Customers are very hard to work with they try to get discounts on everything and always complain of how busy we are
Pros
Discounts
productive, nice, fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  los angeles, californiaJuly 11, 2017
Ross stores is great to work and get a retail experience. As a cashier you'll probably use a cash register to ring people up, take their money and give them their change and a receipt. You might also have to wrap or bag their purchase. Cashiers sometimes handle returns and exchanges.

At the end of a shift, you'll have to count the money in your cash register and compare it with the sales data in the computer. Be careful with your money - although you probably won't get in trouble for occasionally being a few cents short, you could get fired if it happens too often.

Depending on where you work, you might have other responsibilities as well. If you're a cashier at a supermarket, you might be asked to clean your area as well as return unwanted items to shelves. If you work at a convenience store, you might have to create money orders and sell lottery tickets.

Almost half of all cashiers work part time. Most cashiers are asked to work weekends, evenings and holidays.
Loss Prevention Associate (Former Employee) –  Lauderhill, FLJuly 11, 2017
Great place to work . Management team is awesome and helpful . Everyone in store have great communication skills and is easy to get along with. Great work place
Pros
You can shop while you work
Cons
I really don't know
can be fun but dont like working there
Loss Prevention Associate (Current Employee) –  houstonJuly 11, 2017
always cutting hours. very poor management i was given 12 cent rate after one year. i was ganged up against. i was not even trained . they have no orientation program
Pros
40% off discount 3 times a year
Cons
poor management from the top
good experience
Cashier/Floor Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJuly 11, 2017
It was a great experience just couldn't work out a good schedule between two jobs. I gained better customer service skills and I learned to move faster in all that I do.
Pros
store manager was amazing
Cons
no hours
not a very good company ethics
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Stafford, TXJuly 11, 2017
i was allowed to work an eight hour shift with no break at all given until at least five hours into my shift .I acquired many health issues while staying at the front end and was not given asssociates who effectively covered breaks. Job requirements weren't clear.
Pros
discount, predictable hours
Cons
long wait for breaks
Unstable hours
ICQA Clerk (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJuly 11, 2017
Six day weeks are becoming more frequent along with an extra hour on weekdays. When work runs low it is likely to be moved to a different department or asked to leave early.
Pros
paid lunch break
Cons
noise level
High Paced Enviroment
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Novato, CAJuly 11, 2017
A typical day is putting away/ organizing merchandise and ringing up customers. Managers are usually caring and understanding. they try to recognize good performance and give incentives. Hardest part of the job is working in understaffed conditions. Most enjoyable part is the employees and the discounts
Pros
dicounts
Cons
understaffed
productive
Loss Prevention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Watauga, TXJuly 11, 2017
a typical day at work was always a new experience because you always met new people. I learned about customer service. management was great.workplace culture was enforced on a daily which is good.hardest part of my job was rude customers. most enjoyable part of my job was the great employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ross Dress For Less. Our community is ready to answer.