Ross Dress For Less

2.8K reviews

Ross Dress For Less Employee Reviews

People
Loss Prevention Specialist (Former Employee), West Valley City, UTAugust 8, 2015
Pros: Advancment
Cons: Work schedules
If it was not for the interaction with people this job would not be good but the people you work with daily make it enjoyable.
Fair work place
Retail Associate (Former Employee), Daly City, CAAugust 8, 2015
People are nice to work with and always very helpful. The store is very busy sometimes but the managers always give a clear guide and are patient.
Its Retail
Area Supervisor (Former Employee), Niles, ILAugust 8, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule
Cons: Rarely any consistency in schedules, rude customers
The customers are the most difficult thing to deal with. Ross is understaffed to keep the prices low. Therefore the customers outnumber the employees big time! It also depends on the location. My location was out of control! It was in a very diverse area some people couldn't speak English so there was a communication barrier and the customers were impatient and they would see it was only 2 cashiers working they didn't care they would curse and complain the entire time they were in line. They let their kids run wild, and they threw everything on the floor! The store had to be picked up all day long! It was aggravating. The best thing was the discount and employee appreciation weeks.
Very Productive
Stocker (Former Employee), Fresno, CAAugust 7, 2015
Very productive company. Fast pace unloading system. There is always someone to help you out on a project. Team work is key
Retail Store that sells pretty dresses at an afforable price
Retail Associate (Current Employee), Oxen Hills MarylandAugust 6, 2015
Pros: 20% off for employees
Cons: no free coffee or drinking water
Mark down is very important job it has a lot to do with keeping a handle on theft and making sure the customers are happy with sale prices in a timely manner, Always a big turn over with employees. The hardest part is getting markdowns done in one day and keeping merchandise off the floor. The most enjoyable is working with nice and caring people that's willing to help out when needed.
Ross Dress For less
Stork Clerk (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALAugust 6, 2015
Good company to work for easy for students. I enjoyed everything at ross good pay. Good environment.. Dont know what else to say its just a job to get money
Fun people to work with
Backup Manager On Duty (Current Employee), Grand Junction, COAugust 6, 2015
Pros: amazing coworkers
Cons: Often asked not to take breaks, or lunches or to work through them.
Co workers were amazing, but there were questionable work ethics. I was promised a $1.50 raise with my promotion. After arguing with management for close to 5 months I ended up only getting $.50 raise. I was told I could not receive the full raise because I was not full time. I was actually paid less than the incoming employees.
sales associate
Cashier/ Customer service (Former Employee), Hayward, CaAugust 6, 2015
nice environment.
great people
everyone getting along
good paying jobdiscounts at ross and dds just because they are partnership
Great place
associate (Current Employee), colorado springsAugust 6, 2015
Pros: Good benifiits for full timers and not sales driven
Cons: no tutuition reimburstment to help encourage you to move up with company
Started as a part timer and was able to quickly advance. Plenty of support if that's your goal but wish it was more competitive with tuition reimbursement for full timers.
No one knows the meaning of teamwork!
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee), 649 N. Stephanie St. Henderson, NV 89015August 6, 2015
Pros: paid lunch, discount, friendly employees
Cons: breaks not monitored, new team members dont get the right training, terrible hours, treated like dirt
It was a fun job while it lasted. I learned how to use a cash register more properly and learn to take payments such as debit/credit cards, cash, and TANF benefit receipts. Learned how to do returns and exchanges. Co-workers were very friendly and helpful with learning new tasks. Managers were lazy and rude. Hardest part of the job is when it got busy and other employees or managers did not want to help, like i said no team work. Enjoyable part of the job was seeing the new items and clothes come out. And helping customers.
Good JOB
Retail Associate (Current Employee), Auburn, CAAugust 5, 2015
Fun place to work, Great for a first job, Management good and nice people to work with. Fast Pace but good work environment
Day at Ross
Sale Associate (Former Employee), Lauderdale Lakes, FLAugust 5, 2015
A typical day at ross include working with a lot of customers with different personalities. I would greet every customers that I see make sure to help them find whatever they are looking for.Working at Ross I have learn how to communicate better with customers and also learned to work smarter.
fast paced working environment
Stock Clerk (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 4, 2015
Cons: not enough hours
management was not the best
great room for growth
paid training
customer service training
ok pay
ok benefits
ok hours
do not hire for full time or promote for full time
productive kept you on your toes. face paced environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), east las vegasAugust 4, 2015
my time at ross was a great opportunty for me to expand my experiences in my career. i believed that the work environment was not for me. But it helped opened up my opportuntys
Good place for a beginning job
DDS discount (Former Employee), Ontario, CAAugust 4, 2015
we used to work their for so many hours and the pay is only 9 dollars per hour.good place to work part time when going to school.
Fun and fast paced environment
Cashier/retail associate (Current Employee), HawaiiAugust 4, 2015
Pros: 20% discount, friendly co-workers, always have something to do
Cons: Dislike working in the stockroom, and customers don't clean up after themselves
I currently work at Ross, but I was only hired as a temp/seasonal. I love my job! I love working cashier, and getting TRUE cards. The employees are very friendly. They praise me for my good work. I learn very quickly and believe that I may advance later on. Although I've only been working there for about a month, I've already been told I've been doing a really good job. My hours are great too. They give me a lot of ours and I love it/
Productive and friendly place to work
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), NCAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Friendly and inviting staff
Cons: Not enough hours
I would most likely work the fitting room or on the register. Every day would deal with talking to customers making sure that their needs are met as much as possible. Management and co-workers were always there to lend a helping hand. Working here there was not much of a challenge due to the face that I have been working within retail for a couple of years.
Happy environment
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee), Tinley Park, ILAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Great management
Cons: Not busy enough and low pay
It was a very fun opportunity to work with such great team members. Great rewards for people who go above and beyond! I showed above and beyond and had gotten moved up in my first month working there.
its ok
Stocker (Former Employee), rock hillAugust 3, 2015
Cons: part time
just a part time job. easy, and fulfilling to help customers on the floor looking for specific items. people I worked were nice and friendly
too much to do for 1 person
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Montebello, CAAugust 3, 2015
Pros: 20% discount
Cons: hours sucked
There was usually 1 cashier for a really long line. I got experience since it was my first job. They where not flexible with my schedule, scheduled me very few hours during the week, but where always calling me at night or on the weekends to fill in for others knowing that I needed the hours. Management only cared about getting the job done so they would get a pat on the back by district manager "crazy lady" always mad about something never satisfied.
Industry