Ross Dress For Less Employee Reviews

Productive workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAOctober 4, 2017
Good working environment, good and flexible hours. Gained a lot of customer service experience. Learned different areas of the job daily, room for growth and development in this job.
fast paced culture if you like working with customers
AREA SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Mishawaka, INOctober 4, 2017
It is a good place to work for a part time job. You can work around school or even another job. The pay is higher then most other places and you get a discount. it is fast paced, especially on the weekends, or if you are on the stock team.
Pros
Discount, flexible hours
Cons
Lower Manamgement is very stressful
Great Place to start if you are a college student.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tarzana, CAOctober 4, 2017
Ross is a great place to work for a new student or a college student looking to step their foot in the work field. Ross treats their employees fairly and they provided 401K last time I was there over 15 years ago. I am not sure of the pay now but the pay was not great then. Was living from pay check to pay check. But definitely a great place to get your feet wet in the work world.
Pros
Flexible hours, great management
Cons
Pay not great, not many incentives
good place to work
Area Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLOctober 4, 2017
I do not agree with the background policy. I worked with the company and now have contacted the ACLU for assisting me in suing the company for discrimination
Pros
busy
Cons
pay
productive workplace
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, OROctober 4, 2017
Great friendly staff to work with, enjoyed the environment and growth of knowledge with in the company . Fun flexible hours . Fast friendly service as well.
I had a good time working there
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New Castle, DEOctober 4, 2017
Managers were very nice friendly and understanding theres morning meetings. They are very motivating. Everyone helps each other out when needed its all good.
Pros
discounts, choice of overtime
Cons
getting called on your days off
Only for the money
Sales Associate, Customer Service, Cashier (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 3, 2017
Flexible hours for school or another job
Pay is not worth it
fast pace and stressful
the most enjoyable part of the job is our coworkers
management has an open door policy
Pros
Fleixble hours
Cons
pay
Challenging but fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLOctober 3, 2017
Throughout my time working retail, I must say that this job puts you on EDGE. It has its perks but boy it's a handful. If you can't stand long periods of time, handle heavy objects or perform work for long periods of time then this job is NOT for you. It is a lot of physical work in a fast-pace environment. The job has wonderful customer service experience but you have to be a heavy hitter to work here. This isn't your average customer service retail job. But it challenges you mentally and physically.
Pros
Customers, Discounts, Friendly workers and Reasonable prices
Cons
Employee Policy, Hours-Pay, and Management
Fun place to work but definitely not a permanent job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Daly City, CAOctober 3, 2017
I really enjoyed talking to customers when I was working as a cashier, however I feel like the culture of the store was more fast-paced which I didn't enjoy. A lot of coworkers looked like they never wanted to be there.
a typical day at work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 3, 2017
The senior leadership began to extreme micro managed every detail of daily operations. it did not matter how well you or you store performed they would still question every detail and require photo proof of compliance. They made up many new "zone" rules and added roll ups that were more labor intensive than could have saved.
Pros
good salary
Cons
micro managed
Nice work environment
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 3, 2017
I enjoyed the job as well as my colleagues and work environment. Our store manager was great. However, I decided to leave for higher pay and more work hours per week.
Great job if you do not want hours
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMOctober 3, 2017
Ross is one of the best jobs I have ever had. Job was great in the beginning but once more people came on the less hours everyone got. The job would be perfect if you are a student and need a part time job, but not if you need a wage to support yourself. The schedules are super flexible the only problem is the schedule gets made the night before so there is no knowing exactly when you are working. Some weeks you will get 20-25 some weeks you get 10-15. That is the reason why I left and only suggest Ross if you get a second job.
Pros
Great pay for Retail, Fast paced job
Cons
No set schedules and No hours
Terrible Workplace
Associate (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLOctober 3, 2017
A strenuous and overall undesirable/underpaid job for those who like to overwork and get paid little for it. I recommend a job where you the associate would be valued more by a manager/supervisor.
miss working for Ross
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CAOctober 3, 2017
working at Ross was a good time Because i grew as a professional learned how to cope with difficult situations, a typical day was customer service 100% i enjoyed sizing and organizing the racks , processing merchandise new arrive freight and rolled it out to the sales floor. the hardest part for me when there was no enough payroll and figure out how to make our sales goal with little team members on a busy day. i did loved working with this company every day was something new.
Pros
good health insurance, good discount, good training
Cons
closing the store on a busy day and opening next day, very little rest .
great co workers, pay was not that great
Merchant Support Administrator (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 3, 2017
great co workers, pay was not that great for the amount of work. Management was too strict at times. Overall, great place to work. Lots of benefits and discounts.
Pros
free breakfast on Mondays, discounts were awesome
Cons
no opportunity for advancement, low pay
good
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDOctober 2, 2017
the company was good to work for the co-workers were all friendly and understood what being a team is. it was fun to work there and only down fall to working there is closing and having to pick up the store and put everything away but that is part of everyday living
It is a good company to work for you could move up very fast in the company it's not that hard to move up just put in hard work
Stock room manager (Current Employee) –  Tinley Park IllinoisOctober 2, 2017
ROSS is a very good company to work for it is a easy company that you can move up man you just will have to put in hard work not a better company to work for just put in hard work if you like
productive workplace
Retail Associate/Stock (Former Employee) –  Show Low, AZOctober 2, 2017
it was a great work experience. a lot was expected from the stock team. even though we only worked about 23 to 25 hours a week. learning about the stock team was easy to catch on.
Pros
friendly co workers
Cons
workhours
N/a
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 2, 2017
Working there was great for the people you work with. Those who work at Ross are usually very nice, the job is normally easy and repetitive. Over all its an okay place to work
Cash Office/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Morgan Hill, CAOctober 2, 2017
I gained skills that were invaluable. It gave me a stepping stone up in to other jobs knowing how to balance tills and deal with the daily deposits. I can't say anything about the job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ross Dress For Less. Our community is ready to answer.