Ross Dress For Less Employee Reviews

Found 5,257 reviews matching the search
Awesome company, bad pay
Loss Prevention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAFebruary 14, 2017
I worked for Ross Stores Inc. for two years and I enjoyed the company and the culture. Many people who work for Ross are hard working and dedicated individuals. There is opportunity to advance and cross train within the company if you have the drive to do so. There are clear goals set, guidelines and it can be a very fun and fast paced environment. But its just like any job: stay away from negativity and work hard and you will succeed. The only negative aspect is the pay. Extremely low and un-livable just as in any retail position. This is a great position to work in as a college student to get managerial experience and work with a diverse group of people.
Pros
Great health benefits, Opportunities to advance, diverse culture, paid birthdays, tuition assistance, paid anniversary days
Cons
Pay underwhelming, hours can be difficult
Not a good place to work
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 14, 2017
Rude customer service rude management the stockroom is not the place to work take it from me the hours don't add up there always over on payroll giving hours away to people that don't need it.. Its a lot of racial things happening there they pass there dirty work over. To the next manager while their looking confused I hate the workers there if they replaced everyone even managers it would run well
No hours, poor management
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAFebruary 14, 2017
This job is great if you want to work one day a week. Management is horrible, singles out employees. They definitely pick favorites even if they don't do any work. Work environment is too hot and they won't let you have water while working.
Awesome place to work with great friends
Customer Service Representative/ Cashier (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 14, 2017
Working at the Ross is definitely a great place to work, great benefits, and awesome way to get your foot in the door. Lots of space for movement within the company. I enjoy working here and could definitely see myself move up within the company.
store 0835 good people
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Huntington Park, CAFebruary 14, 2017
typical day consists of clocking in and immediately getting to work, taking returns or purchases.
I learned patience, and my managers were the best always on my side.
everyone is a team player, its rare when you find a place were everyone gets along but here at ross we all really did.
the hardest part was dealing with overly angry or aggitated customers, but thankfully I had a good team to back me up when needed.
despite the stress and frustration I get I love customer service. I like talking to people and helping them.
Pros
flexible schedules, great management
Cons
really short lunches, closing team never has enough closers.
Flexible Schedule
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORFebruary 13, 2017
This job a good place to work for as a student or a parent of little ones.If you are looking for a full time job, this one isn't for you unless applying for a supervisor position. But other than that it was fun to work there.
productive and fast working enviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAFebruary 13, 2017
Horrible negative working environment. Lack of leadership as well. Did not like the environment what's so ever. Also rude to costumers.
Environment was productive an high pace.
Horrible place to work
Store Protection Specialist Lead (Former Employee) –  Hialeah Gardens, FLFebruary 13, 2017
When I started working for Ross back in July of 2015 it was already a new store so that means new people new management new everything... I worked there almost two years and I only received a 29 cents, I begged for two transfers and was denied and then end up getting fired because in confidentiality I expressed how I felt about another associate that not only continuously disrespectful me and other associates and managers. Don't work at store number 1674 Hialeah Gardens
Enjoyable
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDFebruary 13, 2017
I loved the people i worked with. It was always fun. i enjoyed my daily customers i enjoyed the people i got to see, i enjoyed my co works i made a lot of friends i enjoyed learning new things
Pros
Great people
Cons
dont have any
All Work No Play
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOFebruary 13, 2017
Working at Ross was exhausting, there were times in which I was required to show up multiple times in one day. It's very demanding in the fact that you practically live there.

Another downfall is the fact that management doesn't know how to place a foot down when it comes to part time employees. Part time employees will call in 10 minutes before there shift, or won't show up at all and still have a job at the location, which results in full time employees being worked continuously, I had up to 80 hours one week which is double the hours in which I was supposed to work for one week. Working all that time on just $9,00 an hour is just not worth it.

Not to mention, they offer benefits that are impossible to achieve.

Want to know more about Ross Dress For Less?

Ask a question
Very busy workplace, always something to do.
Sales Associate, cashier, fitting room, stock (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WAFebruary 11, 2017
Ross was a great place to work, though training is minimal, it can be a fun and easy going environment once you've learned you're way through the store, but can be slightly overwhelming until you figure out all the terminology and areas of the store.
Pros
Great employee discounts, fun people to work with, very friendly co-workers (mostly), approachable managers
Cons
litte to no training in many areas
I enjoy working here
Cash Office Associate (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COFebruary 10, 2017
I enjoy the work environment, I am was quickly promoted and the compensation was fair. My management worked around my schedule, and I would work for this company again.
Good Retail Experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDFebruary 10, 2017
Learned a lot about working the retail lifestyle. Showed me a lot of people's characters and their beliefs also as well.
Great first job experience, with awesome coworkers
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 10, 2017
Ross Dress For Less is a great first job. Come here to get experience in the work field. The sets you up to deal with all means of customer service and floor work.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Customers
A good start
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 10, 2017
A good company to start with.
flexable hours.
Good for students
Good for part time
alot of work
No more than 25 hours given
You can only so far for opportunitys in company.not many options
Pros
Discount
Cons
Work load
Productive environment
Sales Associate/Front-end Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDFebruary 10, 2017
I enjoy working for corporations who respect and value the HUMAN SPIRIT! Having lateral lucrative upward mobility enhances the retention rate of phenomenal employees while strengthening weakness of ALL employees.
this is a bad place
Home Goods Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNFebruary 9, 2017
When i left the store was being driven into the ground by the current GM. It was almost beyond repair. Hopefully it has been turned around by now but i doubt it.
Pros
discounts
Cons
everything else
very good management
Sales Floor Team Member (Former Employee) –  Niles, ILFebruary 9, 2017
It's nice to work in such a friendly environment. the schedule sucks. some weeks you can not work more than 10 hours in a week. clean and happy environment.
Pros
good management
Cons
low benefits
Pretty straight forwars simple job
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 9, 2017
I was a sales floor associate and a cashier when needed. Because being a sales floor associate was extremely boring I had to quit. I loved being a cashier but I only was able to do that a few times including grand opening day. Management was extremely awesome I loved them very good at there jobs and friendly
A fun work place lots of hours
Back up supervisor (Former Employee) –  ColoradoFebruary 9, 2017
You dress appropriately for the job work together as a team makes a job more fun go different places and you do different things everyday the jobs never the same
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ross Dress For Less. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9