Ross Dress For Less Employee Reviews

It was nice working here
Cashier Associate (Former Employee) –  Sherman, TXNovember 26, 2017
Ross is a great place for someone starting out,
They do a great job training you, and working around your busy schedule. They also pay very well for the jobs that you are doing.
Pros
Pay, Hours, Shifts, Days off
Cons
Unorganized, people, job overall
Fast paced and energetic
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Greeley, CONovember 25, 2017
I didn't learn alot from this job, the management was so laid back the let the associates run the store for the most part. Alot of the associates got away with doing whatever they wanted with no repercutions,
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Lack of athourity by management
Productive workplace
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cedar Hill, TXNovember 25, 2017
It's always something to do at the store, so you're never bored. Although it's soo much to do, it seems as though there's never enough time to get things done on the sales floor. It's a very fast paced environment. You basically have no choice but to work under pressure.
Stock Associate
Associate (Current Employee) –  Medford, ORNovember 24, 2017
We get in early and jump into pulling the truck. It is a quick paced job and there is a lot of physical activity. The people I work with are hard workers. Sometimes a 4.5 hr day turns into an 8 hr day.
Pros
Good people.
Cons
Some of their time goals are out of reach
Retail
Stock Associate/ In-Store Closer (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCNovember 24, 2017
Typical retail job, offers benefits, workplace culture is relaxed. The hours are part-time and varies depending on season. However there isn't much opportunity for full time hours.
Cons
work holidays
The drama
Store Protection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VANovember 24, 2017
If you like to work in a workplace where everybody is conspiring against everybody then this is the job for you. management can't care less about what happens. good people leave the job asap after observing the unnecessary drama and lack of care from management.
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
The management, employee and customers.
Fast paced work environment
Sales Associate, Cashier, and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 23, 2017
There is a lot of theft from the customers and there are no consequences for them so, it continuously happens. The customers also dirty the store, open packages, and leave spills and dirty diapers in the store; and then they complain to corporate about the store being a mess.
Pros
Coworkers, experience
Cons
Short breaks, low pay, rude customers
Fun work place.
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CANovember 23, 2017
Ross is a good company to work for. There is always something to work on. Never a dull moment. Always receiving new inventory. Discount is better than other company's.
Pros
Good discount.
Cons
Management doesn't seem to stick around, always new ones after a few months.
Low hours, low pay, and an Asshat of a manager
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CANovember 22, 2017
In a general week most people averaged around 5 to 10 hours of work. No online way to check your hours so you'd have to come into work twice a week once to work and once to check next weeks hours. When I was let go the Manager didn't say anything to me, just removed me from the schedule.

Other than that pretty general retail experience.
Great people I work with. I’ve learned a lot just from the working experience and from a few co workers even some of management.
STOCK ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLNovember 22, 2017
At Ross I have learned a lot of things from co workers that have helped me in life itself. I’ve made some good friends and can’t complain about the work environment. The people I work with are all entertaining and it’s never a issue. I just don’t feel the work is worth the pay.
Pros
Created a lot of good friendships.
Cons
Short breaks, don’t feel pay is worth the work.
not satisfied
Cashier, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVNovember 22, 2017
would change schedule every day and wouldn't let everyone work if you weren't working the day they change it you wouldn't find out they did til you had to show up to work and you weren't on the schedule
Pros
very friendly people
Cons
wouldn't give you any hours
Always something to do when the front end is slow
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HINovember 22, 2017
I enjoy workind at Ross. Its fun and fast-paced, there are rarely any slow days because we are the busiest location on the island. Also, the people I work with are friendly and enjoyable to work with, everyone is part of a team and we work together to get the job done right.
Relaxed position
Loss Prevention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fultondale, ALNovember 22, 2017
Theft prevention, made sure isle were safe and made sure that customers did not leave the store without paying for merchandise. manger was fair. the hardest part of the job was the slow days when hardly any customer were in the store. the most enjoyable part was greeting the customers and no theft.
Pros
easy going
Cons
limited as what you could do to stop a thief
A learning experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 21, 2017
A typical day consisted of printing reports, distributing to the appropriate supervisor. Scheduling meetings, expense reports.

I learned new computer skills, which I feel makes me more marketable now.

Ross has a great work/life balance and the company culture was in sync with what I look for in a company.
Pros
Bagel Fridays, Summer Fridays.
Temporary Benefit
Cashier/ Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNNovember 21, 2017
Not a good place to invest too much time in. Annually there are $1.00 raises and 3 times a year the employee discount is doubled for a short time. Besides these two factors, your experience while at Ross depends on the customer load and management. The more busy the Ross the harder it is to manage and the more stress is placed on employee shoulders. The down sides of this job mainly lie in closing, because you can not leave until everything is in place. Management fails to provide support in the day to prevent late closings for employees and do not compensate scheduling for closers.
Pros
discount, flexible scheduling
Cons
work load, training, closing hours
Poor Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Garden City, IDNovember 21, 2017
The managers I worked with were difficult and petty. They would withhold hours from employees what weren't part of the favorite circle. They went of their way to make your shift as miserable as possible.
Cons
Stressful corporate rules
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLNovember 21, 2017
This job is very cut-throat with associates conspiring against other workers for their own advancement. When I first started working there I was drilled in my head of team work. But no one did the team work.
Pros
disscounts
Cons
enviornment
An ok place to work
Loss Prevention Agent (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 20, 2017
Not a bad place to work. Pretty laid back and chill. Just constant standing and greeting people and dealing with problems that may arise. Loved the weekly schedule.
Quick-paced, nice co-workers
Cashier/Sales Floor (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FL 32701November 20, 2017
This was a nice place to work, and there are many nice people that work there. Although I did enjoy my time, it is difficult for me to work until almost 1am everyday.
Pros
paid 15 min. break, associate discount
Cons
working late hours every shift
Ross
Stock room , cashier , and Fitting Room (Former Employee) –  1434 Litchfield rd.. Goodyear,AZ. 85395November 20, 2017
Exciting , Fulfilling Rewarding and room for advancement opportunities .
Provided information to customers regarding pricing, policies and procedures
● Document and process payment and refunds
● Tracked and located inventory
● Documented customer complaints

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ross Dress For Less. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9