Ross Dress For Less

3.2K reviews

Ross Dress For Less Employee Reviews

Found 3,214 reviews matching the search
Fun place to work
Lead Store Protection Specialist (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaJanuary 11, 2016
With the amount of turn over, advancement opportunities are always available at several locations. Its a good company to start out with for experience.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 8, 2016
I always know what I am going to be doing as soon as I get to work. We have a clipboard with everyone's shifts, break times and duties. If I ever do have a question it is immediately answered. Management has been the reason why I have felt comfortable working here. They know how to maintain the store and the employees. My coworkers are friendly and helpful. I haven't had any issues with anyone it's the opposite everyone has been helpful whenever I need assistance. The hardest part of my job is keeping up with recovery during busy times but it's not impossible and totally doable. The most enjoyable part of my job is greeting customers and giving good customer service also problem solving is very rewarding to me personally.
Pros
Break times respected, flexible schedules, management
Cons
Hours cut for part time
fun workplace, friendly employers, and affordable clothing
Front end supervisor (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 7, 2016
A typical day at Ross is coming in jumping right into position and start working while also being interactive and social with the customers. I learn social skills dealing with different dilemmas and situations. My management team is awesome and very understanding and give us multiple times to do right. My co-workers and fun and outgoing and we respect one another most importantly we come together as a team and get the store clean. the hardest part of my job is keeping a positive attitude while some customers and being very disrespectful. the enjoyable part of my job is having a job that I can do all my shopping at and using my 20% discount.
Pros
20% discount
Cons
cleaning up after others
Easy-going work place
Loss Prevention Associate/Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Clackamas, ORJanuary 7, 2016
Typical retail environment, lenient management, lazy coworkers. Corporate doesn't want to deal with lawsuits, so little to nothing is done about theft, no benefits, part-time.
Pros
Paid 15 minute breaks, won't terminate your employment (they don't want to pay unemployment)
Cons
No benefits for part-time workers, regional manager enforces strict rules that go against cleanly store presentation.
Fun, fast paced working environment
Stock Room Leader (Former Employee) –  Washington, PAJanuary 7, 2016
A typical day in the work place was fun and team oriented which allowed me to learn better organizational and leadership skills. The management was a little too lax at times, though only on certain managers' shifts. My co-workers were very friendly and open in terms of communication, which added to the overall work environment. The most enjoyable part of the job was easily earning the respect and friendship of my co-workers and team members.
Great people and co-workers
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 6, 2016
They are good managers that I work with. A day to day deal would be cashiering or working throughout the store, They are very approachable and very helpful.
Pros
15 breaks on the clock.
Cons
working on days off
It was a great place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAJanuary 5, 2016
My time was cut short working at ross. But during my presence there I encountered a great set of people I worked with. The job functions were very accomplishable. The management team and employees were very easy going making the work day productive. I enjoyed my clearance days, where a selected few on a selected day, will come into work very early in the morning before the store opens. The hardest part was leaving. Because of the clearance days, I learned more about teamwork and becoming a team player.
Pros
The discount
Cons
short hours
Wonderful Team to Work With and Excellent Management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Napa, CAJanuary 4, 2016
Working at Ross was like working with family. Although it was a very hectic job, our team pulled together and made it fun as well as very effective and efficient. Although customers would get frustrated at the amount of time spent waiting in lines, we all made them feel welcome and were prompt at getting them checked out as soon as possible.
Pros
Wonderful Co-workers and Management
Cons
Soometimes Very Hectic
good for resume
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJanuary 3, 2016
This company is great for a resume but the scheduling and training is terrible! I worked overtime many weeks because the store manager thought she could work 30 hours a week and continue making her manager salary and got away with it!
It's an okay job for a first job. Depends on what side of town you work in, but there will always be nice, mean, and rude customers.
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  4950 E Kings Canyon Rd. Fresno, CA 93727January 3, 2016
1) Clock in, greet every customer you pass, do your start, [Ross have a "Start" (15mins when you start your shift to organize an assigned section of the store)] go to your appropriate department, make sure your department is clean, clear, and neat, go to break, go back to your assigned department, help clean up the store throughout your shift and when the store is closed or towards the end of your shift, and detail everything as much as possible before clocking out.
2) I learned a varied of things from customer service to maintenance. I have been lucky enough to be put in every position there was for a regular employee: store specialist, fitting room, register / front end, stock, markdown and reticketing, cash office, on the floor/ go backs, and special projects.
3) The management from I first started was great until some department managers started favoring people and cutting hours. The store manager I had was a very caring person, he cared about your outside life too and your struggles. He digs deep down in his heart to give you the best advice he has.
4) Few co-workers do their job right while others slack off like any other jobs.
5) The hardest part of the job is when your co-worker(s) does a no-call no-show (doesn't go to work and doesn't call to let the manager on duty know what's contradicting them from going to work) and when the staff is short. Especially on a busy day.
6) The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to accomplish the customers' need(s) and that makes me feel like I'm a better person because if I needed some help of an opinion, I would like
  more... someone working there to help me. For me, it's happy customers, happy employees. Just try your best if you are dealing with rude or mean customers. They're probably having a bad day or something, they're only human just like you.  less
Pros
Regular employee discount 20% off, double discount (40%), use the discounts at any Ross and Dd's Discount
Cons
too much potluck, poor department management, majority of co-workers aren't aware of what is important info
fun
sales associate retail (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 3, 2016
it was fun because it was a fast paced job, an plus we stayed busy. Especially around the holidays. i worked an the fitting room,the stock room,and the register. i loved my customers at my job.
ross
Cashier/Merchandise stocker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 3, 2016
Ross was not my favorite job in my perspective they were all over the place very rude to customers, and didn't really carry good customer service to customers or employees, management at ross is not good management , the hardest part of the job is when you just started and they think you rememberized everything within just a few days and leave alone and don't help you when you need help. the most enjoyable part of working their is knowing that I had good customer service did my best and gong home, I don't like ross in the fact because they rate your speed and it shouldn't be how fast you can go but how many customers you bring back to the company
Pros
N/A
Cons
did not like it
Productive and fun place to work
Sales Floor Associate/Loss Prevention (Current Employee) –  Salina, KSJanuary 3, 2016
Management and staff are all wonderful, all get along well, feels like a family.

Very friendly environment, you can feel the joy and happiness within the store and the staff.

Store is clean and organized, can find what you are looking for very easily.

Enjoyable for everyone, not just adults or kids but for your pets too!
Pros
fun, friendly
Cons
taking away loss prevention program
overloaded
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tamuning, GUJanuary 3, 2016
as the only Ross in Guam, expect BUSY BUSY BUSY and workers expect to be overloaded with tasks and duties, whether you're working a 4 hour shift or a 10 hour shift. It is difficult to make overtime or extra hours because they're constantly on your if you make anything over. The work environment is fun if you make it fun, coworkers are great as well as managers, (some).
great part time job
cashier (Current Employee) –  ColoradoJanuary 2, 2016
I am a PT cashier at my store and it is great for me. I work mostly weekends, my pay is quite a bit higher than minimum wage, they are extremely flexible with me switching my hours and days on/ off, and I was given more responsibility rather quickly. I have a full-time job and this job just helps me save up for a wedding. I would say that it would be hard to live off this job alone, but it is a fun, fast paced, and easy place to work... once you get passed the mess of products everywhere. Not sure how people lose all world etiquette and common sense when they walk into this store and trash the place as if it was there own house.
As for peers, there are a lot of young employees and it's pretty friendly. Management could use some lessons on discretion and gossip.
Pros
flexible hours, easy dress code, reasonable pay
Cons
not OCD friendly store
Fun Workplace
Cahier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Tan Valley, AZJanuary 1, 2016
This job was only part time. It was my first job when we moved to Arizona. Liked the job but I need full time hours and they couldn't offer that,
Productive and busy work place
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CADecember 31, 2015
Its not bad at all during busy days. I like to keep myself busy and during bausy days get me going. Love to assist customers needs. Enjoy working there.
Pros
discount for empolyees
Cons
less hours
Nice work environment
Stocking, cashier, and customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZDecember 31, 2015
While working for Ross I was in charge of stocking all areas of the store and also being a cashier for the store when needed.
Fast paced environment
Cashier/ Stock Team Member (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CADecember 31, 2015
While working at Ross, I started off as a cashier but was quickly promoted to the stock room. This position is considered ideal since it is the only position in the store that has set hours. I would work Monday-Friday from 8am to 12pm, unless otherwise asked to stay longer this was my schedule. I learned what is was like to process clothing in a fast pace and efficient manner. The best part of the job was the teamwork there was between the stock team and the sales floor team. This is a high volume store but we worked together to ensure a neat and organized store was always available for the customers.
Pros
Free lunches, flexible scheduling (great for students), team building
Cons
Very little room for growth
job is ok.
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LADecember 30, 2015
Ross got good benefits but no good long hours. Good place to work at if you are an good skillful person. You are timed to do everything. You must be fast and must be on timed
Pros
benefits great
Cons
unorganized place