Ross Education, LLC Employee Reviews

Changing Lives
Career Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 16, 2017
Rewarding job that helps you change lives of our students. Hours can vary from day to day, but it is worth it to see the students graduate from the program.
Typical Online AS degree Completion
Faculty Lead MOA & MBAS & Online Instructor (Current Employee) –  Online / RemoteNovember 6, 2017
Company is OK. typical Career College - lots of student retention efforts, extra effort needed to keep students focused on courses, but some students are great. Good course/curriculum base and able to offer suggestions which are acted upon. Overall, very happy.
Pros
Online education is flexible, good student support.
Cons
Not able to work full time.
Lead Pharmacy Technician Instructor (Current Employee) –  Davison, MINovember 1, 2017
I have been fortunate to work with amazing campus leadership. I have also worked at several locations. Each campus has different management styles. The management overall is very consistent. Expectations are made very clear. More often than not, other faculty are willing to lend a hand and help guide those that ask for help. I highly recommend Ross.
Pros
Great hours. No weekends
Cons
Short breaks
Don’t Properly Train Employees
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIOctober 30, 2017
I took over for another instructor who had done a lot for the program. I had to mend a lot of fences between the students and staff. I started the week she left, and was NEVER properly shown how to do my job. Then I was let go after a couple of months because I wasn’t doing my job. I would NEVER recommend going there, even as a student!
Worst job I've ever worked for
Representative (Former Employee) –  MichiganOctober 23, 2017
They don't care about their employees just the money. They never seemed to be concerned about the staff well being. Overall hated the job. Worst ever!
Pros
Cons
Pay
Very stressful place to work .
Dental Assistant Instructor (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INSeptember 16, 2017
worked at Ross for a year and a half and during that time we had multiple people leave and multiple people in the directors and assistant director's positions. Felt as if the school was more worried about getting their money than what was necessary for the students to learn. I would not recommend this school for the dental assisting program whatsoever. I myself have been a dental assistant for over 30 years and I never seen so much confusion and so much turnover.
Pros
Money they offered to teach.
Cons
Short breaks and not all materials needed to be able to teach the students.
Great Supervisor/Director
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 1, 2017
I do enjoy working for Ross. My supervisor is great working with the students and the staff. My role is a back up for most all positions at Ross, so I get experience in most positions within the office.
Excellent opportunity to hone teaching skills. LOVED the position, staff and faculty. Life situations dictated a leave from the company.
Lead Instructor (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 22, 2017
*Great company to work for. Helpful in training and self improvement. Sets personal goals and helps employees work toward improvemnt and advancement.
* Encouraging and supportive to faculty.
* Upper Management easily accessible for questions and suggestions.
Pros
Great incentives and support for students and staff get togethers.
Cons
Added more work to schedule that increases time at work and work away from classroom.
Terrible place to work
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNAugust 17, 2017
Management is the biggest problem at the Johnson city location. Unprofessional behavior from some of the higher ranking managers. The campus director is absolutely disrespectful to all staff and faculty and is constantly gossiping and using foul language. The pay seems great at first, that is until you realize all the extra work you have to do outside of the classroom to prepare and grade, meetings that are mandatory and unpaid, training to maintain your position also unpaid. If you add up all the unpaid hours logged you are essentially working a minimum wage job, trust me I did the math. The institution as a whole is all about production numbers than about a serious education. They have had a few great instructors, but they eventually get fed up with the lack of professionalism and resign.
Pros
Working with students
Cons
Pay, gossip, negative environment
Horrible place to work
Dental Assistant Instructor (Former Employee) –  Canton, MIAugust 9, 2017
Canton, Michigan- always looking for new instructors. Its because the current staff is awful to work with. They don't want to teach students. They want you to entertain them and pass them when they don't deserve to pass.
Run far, far away!
Admissions (Current Employee) –  Pick a PlaceJune 19, 2017
This is the absolute worst place I have ever worked. Turnover is unbelievable. They treat employees like children. If you like being berated and belittled, this is the place for you! They only care about numbers, and you will be written up for things out of your control. Upper management is horrendous. They could not efficiently manage a Dairy Queen...
Pros
Cons
Everything else
Terrible place to work....... Run away quickly!
Medical Assistant Instructor (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TnJune 11, 2017
Knoxville branch horrible place to work. The director is clueless as to what is going on with students & instructors. The head MA teacher is rude & condescending to the students & other instructors. There is zero training, you are handed a book & thrown into the lions den. Some of the students show no respect for instructors, which who could blame them.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else...... Run away quickly
Unstable Environment
Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Clinton Twp, MIApril 4, 2017
Unprofessional and poor management practices. There is an aloofness in the workplace culture with apprehension, intimidation and fear.

Very uncomfortable environment.
Cons
A school that works hard for you
Student Externship (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 24, 2017
They maintain high standards for their students and in turn, they offer so much help in preparing for and finding the perfect employment for your circumstances. The instructors are knowledgeable and caring. I highly recommend the Ross campus in Kentwood, MI.
Love the student - instructor relationship
Medical Assistant Instructor (Former Employee) –  Taylor, MIMarch 14, 2017
Clinical instruction is based on what is required each module. For example : vital signs, ekg's, phlebotomy. We do mock clinic. Set-ups, patient care and charting.
Pros
You have to love teaching.
Cons
Leaving students and/or loosing students.
Loved My Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Robinson Township, PAJanuary 15, 2017
I loved working at Ross. I worked in the fitting room area and always had a blast. I loved helping others find great deals and seeing their faces light up when they found the perfect piece of clothing for a special occasion.
productive and fun workplace
CDL INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Saint Clair, MI 48079December 16, 2016
Instruct new drivers with State and Federal regulations / procedures
Trained drivers on various types of tractors for the road, & yard
Educated drivers using the electronic logging system and paper logs
Instruct students on how to get their (TIP) Temporary instructor permit
High pressure for admissions - good training
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  MichiganNovember 20, 2016
Admissions is always under the microscope. Pressure to make dials, set return appointments, get enrollments, hit start goals. Constant training is helpful, management is open to helping you. Culture depends on the campus but is mostly positive. Vacation/ sick time combined is a double edged sward. Treated me well and great school for the students.
Pros
Helping students, vacation/ health insurance
Cons
"thick skin" required for success
Decent Pay horrible work enviroment
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MISeptember 4, 2016
Ross is VERY corporate heavy. They are all about the money and this is evident in many of their unethical decisions. The campus had high turnover. Campus Director was more worried about her personal life than running the campus.
Pros
Pay was decent
Cons
bosses do not care about you
Management trouble
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJuly 15, 2016
Its all about the money and they do not care at all about the students or instructors. Nothing fun ever done at the campus or for the students.Management sits in office all day long and looks students on facebook, shops for clothes or purses. Turn over at campus is huge and only good thing is the pay.
Pros
Pay
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ross Education, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7