The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) provies both operationa and programmatic support to the organization. The CFO supervises the financial unit and is the Chief financial spokesperson for the organization. The CFO directly assists the President/Chief Operating Officer (COO) on all strategic and tactical matters as sthey relate to budget management, cost benefit analysis, forecasting needs and the securing of new funding.
- Accounting and accounting research skills
- Understanding of business and plant operations
- Analytical skills
- Leadership and communication skills, both oral and written
- Technologically comfortable
- Strategic Development
- Contract Negotiations
- Risk management, capital structure, investment analysis, capital efficiency
- Work with the President/COO on the strategic vision including fostering and cultivation stakeholder relationships and assisting in the development and negotiation of contracts
- Particiapte in developing new business, specifically: assisting the CEO and COO in identifying new funding opportunities, the drafting of prospective programmatic budgets, and determining cost effectiveness of prospective service delivery
- Ensure adequate controls are installed and that substaniaating documentation is approved and available such that all purchases may pass independent and governmenal audits
- Provide the COO with an operating budget. Work with the COO to ensure programmatic success through cost analysis support, and compliance with all contractual and programmatic requirements.
- Oversee the management and coordiannation of all fiscal reporting activities for the organization including: organizational review/expense and balance sheet preporting, reports to funding agencies, development and monitoring of organizational and contract/grant budgets
- Oversee all purchasing and payroll activity for staff and participants
- Develop and maintain systems of internal controls to safeguard financial assests of the organization
- Oversee the coordination and activities of independent auditors; monitor banking activities of the organization, ensuring adequate cash flow to meet organizational needs
- Oversee A/P, A/R, busienss insurance plans, healthcare coverage analysis and maintenance of the inventory of all fixed assets.
This individual will also ovrsee human resources, organizational development, and program operations. the CFO will also manage technology and software needs.
- Demonstrated experience leading the financial functions at a growing organization, preferably some experience in manufacturing, transportation, warehouseing.
- A BS degree in Finance is required, prefer an MBA or other masters level degree in Finance or Economics
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Relationship builder, comfortable walking the manufacturing floor and working collaboratively with peer management team
- Highly analytical and able to make fact based decisions as well as the ability to explain decision making process with others.
If you are a financial, and cost conscious leader, this could be the position you are looking for. If you are interested in learning more, please forward your resume and cover letter including salary expectations.
Management prefers candidates from Northern Ohio or North central Ohio. No relocation is anticiapted at this time.
Any resumes submitted by third parties will be considered bona fide appliants but no agency fees will be paid. This is not negotiable.
This organization is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages application from all interested and qualified candidates.