Ross University Employee Reviews

Best Vet School in the Caribbean
Financial Aid Officer (Current Employee) –  St. KittsJuly 19, 2017
Ross University can be an exciting place to work. You will be working with faculty, staff and students from many different cultures which leaves us better able to assist and work anywhere. An added bonus is that you will be living in the Caribbean at a Vet school that produces top veterinarians!. I work in the Financial Aid Office so I have a high interaction with the students. Students are offered both Unsubsidized Stafford and Graduate Plus loans to finance their Veterinary Degree. My favourite quote is to remind students that they need to live like a student when they are in school so they don't have to live like a student after they graduate. I enjoy counselling students on how to stay within their budget so they can lessen their debt load. Our students have 120 days to return unused funds to the lender - when students come into my office for me to return funds on their behalf I feel that they have listened to my presentations and this creates a sense of satisfaction. For me, the hardest part of my job is lack of upward mobility in my department Hence, I pride myself in taking the initiative to be cross trained in other departments. I know how to use the scantron machine to grade exams as well as assist in the library working the circulation desk. Ross also ensures that staff have great customer service skills. This skill is essential as we work alongside persons from many different cultures. Lack of good customer service skills will result in low enrolment numbers which also can result in loss of jobs. These skills I am certain will make me a great candidate  more... for any company.  less
Pros
education benefit, insurance, cross cultural environment
Cons
staff loyalty to job (no upward mobility), benefits for locals need revising, pay may not always equal to education and or experience
Nice place with emphasis on education
Temporary Data Analyst in Training (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLMarch 16, 2016
This is a nice place to work if you don't mind a lot of change and have a lot of patience. Management is very nice but it takes a while for a lot of things to get done.
Pros
tightly knit group of empployees
Cons
must have bachelors to be considered for any poistion
Research
Research Volunteer (Current Employee) –  St. KittsSeptember 17, 2014
Lots of hands on experience
Great teamwork and communication
Projects expected to be published within the year or at the beginning of the year 2015
projects have been presented at prestigious universities in the USA
Productive Work Place:
Admin Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJNovember 4, 2013
Enjoyed the Fast pace environment, work & the people that i worked with
Ross University Dominica
Student Services (Former Employee) –  Dominica, West IndiesSeptember 24, 2013
It was job while my wife was going to medical school in the Caribbean.
enjoyed and learned many things
Limousine Driver (Former Employee) –  NYAugust 28, 2013
My job was very enjoyable..My boss trusted me to make daily bank deposits..and do anything he needed of me....I feel I was a very loyal emplyee..
Pros
saw different parts of the country.
Cons
Several changes with senior executives and departments
Executive Assistant, Information Technology (Former Employee) –  North Brunswick, NJJuly 17, 2013
While working for Ross University, the parent company, Devry University, acquired several other schools which reflected negatively overall, The acquisitions, in theory would have made Devry a Leader in the Industry, however they over extended themselves which made their revenue decline drastically in quarterly and ultimately yearly reported earnings.
Pros
Promotes work life balance for certain employees but not all
Cons
Several Leadership and Executive Changes and No Clear Direction from Managerment