Roswell Park Cancer Institute

Roswell Park Cancer Institute Employer Reviews

Hospital Clinical Assistant (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYJanuary 2, 2015
Roswell Park is a great place to work, I really do enjoy working with the patients in such a hands on atmosphere. I just want to proceed in my career aspirations and having decided that nursing is not for me, I want to further my experience in the medical field in a more administrative role.
Gained a load of experience while contracting at Roswell Park
Technical Support Specialist (Contract) (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYNovember 17, 2014
Gained a load of experience while contracting at Roswell Park
Good
Public Safety Officer (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYSeptember 22, 2014
Great benefits and compensation - good place to work. The hours are the only down side, it is shift work which means we operate 24/365.
Highly demanding and a great learning place with fun.
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYAugust 16, 2014
Busy, intellectually challenging with constant attention to detail and creative solutions by working independently, as well as being a good team menber. A highly colloborative environment involving mentorship. Although demanding, it was a fun and lively atmosphere with high job satisfaction and recognition of skill.
the most wonderful placeI have ever worked.
bone marrow specialist /HCA (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYJuly 29, 2014
Pros: i love the idea that i am making a difference
Cons: that my patients have to endure so much pain
working here at RCPI I have learned so many things about people but the one thing that I continue to learn each day is that a smile or a hug can go a long way .
RPCI summary
Clinical Center Associate (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYJune 10, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere; no holidays
Cons: healthcare system
- Scheduling of patients, families, procedures, and physician appointments. Assists in scheduling routine
appointments within the medical practice(s) and external practices as necessary.
- Demonstrates skills in pro-active resolution and attempts to resolve scheduling conflicts
- Optimizes patient flow by using effective customer service communication skills utilizing kindness, tact
and courtesy to ensure positive patient response to service. Demonstrates proactive interpersonal
communications skills when relating to internal and external customers.
- Provides support to include, answering the phones, returning phone messages, pick-
up/prioritizing/distributing mail, completing purchase requests, ordering supplies/forms,
coordinating/scheduling meetings,
- Acts as a resource to clinician in order to provide optimal patient care.
- Uses discretion and is attentive to issues of customer confidentiality
I completed 160 externship hours at Roswell Park Cancer Institute
Clinical Assistant/ Clinical Support Specialist (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYMay 14, 2014
My experience at Roswell was enlightening and educational.
Great work environment with good teamwork, management had some issues.
Critical care staff nurse (Former Employee), Buffalo NYApril 2, 2014
Pros: benefits, continuing education, advancement.
Cons: at times no breaks, management.
I was charge nurse of a 15 bed unit on a intermediate care unit/telemetry floor. In addition, we watched over 18 telemetry monitors throughout the hospital. I was employed here for 3 years and learned just about everything I know. I enjoyed the atmosphere and co-workers. The hospital was magnet accredited and we took pride in having earned that. The most difficult parts of this job was dealing with the death of patients and the vicious cycle of cancer itself. Having to witness patients and family members go through the stages of grief is a notion that I witnessed all too frequently. However, as bad as it may have gotten at times, I also was there to witness miracles. I was able to send people home or off our floor because they had beat the cancer. Working as an RN really has the most largest rewards. I was able to be at the bedside with patients at their absolute worst and help them be their best in a terrible scenario.
Very secure employment
Research (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYMarch 31, 2014
Pros: benefits
Great benefits, good work-life balance.

I really enjoyed my coworkers. They are pretty good with continuing education.
Good job security.
Program Coordinator (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYFebruary 8, 2014
Pros: 401k tuition reimbursement
More diversity needed in upper management positions, overall a good place to work with opportunity for career development.
Great Hospital
Pharmacy Technician II (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYJanuary 17, 2014
Great Hospital, Management needs work. There was rotating shift which made it unpredictable to your life.
Sad place to work but wonderful place to help people.
Keyboarding Specialist (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: benefits right away, union
Cons: strict place to work
this was a hard job to have even though I was a Keyboard Specialist, it was on the bone marrow transplant unit and everyday someone would come in with a slim chance of making it to someone loosing the fight against cancer.
I would enter patient information in the system if they were just entering our floor or leaving the floor. I would help the nurses order blood work. I ordered supplies that were also needed. Sometimes I would fill in at the clinic on the same floor.
Productive Office Setting
Parking Manager (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYNovember 1, 2013
Worked directly with the Director of Public Safety, Transportation and Parking managing activities related to parking assignments and utilization, policy enforcement, and day-to-day operations, participated in the development of parking policies and procedures and responsible for implementation, supervised the parking management staff including the valet supervisor, valet staff, cashiers and the bookkeeper/office assistant, assured that all equipment was in order and in good working condition, planned and managed daily operations and assignments, interacted with customers, trained new staff on parking rules and regulations, oversaw safety in parking lots
and parking ramp, assisted City of Buffalo with parking enforcement, managed routine contracted maintenance functions.
I learned a lot from my internship at Roswell.
Clinical Pharmacy Intern (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYOctober 23, 2013
Roswell is a respected institute with high standards of care for its patients; I was proud to complete my internship here. The experience I gained in emerging chemotherapy treatments and supportive medications is invaluable.
Fun place and supportive people
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYOctober 16, 2013
Technically sound friendly people to work with.

I made a surgical simulator for the radiation medicine department.
Good to learning!
Business Intelligence Analyst Intern (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYJuly 12, 2013
Roswell Park is good institute to work for interns.
Good learning and good knowledge of healthcare industry as an intern.
Collaborative
Graduate Research Associate (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYMay 3, 2013
Great Place to learn more about cancer research
Highly innovative, great teachers and researchers
Learned to be a scientist
Predoctoral candidate (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYMarch 26, 2013
A vigorous academic institution. Tons of seminars with productive criticism. Endless opportunities to collaborate and highly advanced core facilities.
very good work environment
Computer Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYDecember 14, 2012
overall very good experience working in Roswell. People are very nice and friendly.
productive working environment, plus as a student you get a first hand experience of the medical environment.
Clinical Assistant (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYDecember 13, 2012
Pros: the patients
My typical day after graduating from undergraduate college began at 7am in the morning and ended at 7:30pm. I enjoyed working closely with both Physicians and Nurses....but most importantly, I enjoyed the patients.

Roswell Park Cancer Institute Photos