Roswell Park Cancer Institute Employee Reviews

work
RN in Head and Neck Clinic (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 19, 2017
I am looking for a new job as many others are mainly d/t the way the nurses are treated. The nurses are treated with lack of respect, professionally and personally.
Pros
the patients
Cons
management
Great place to work with the correct management for the position
Smoke Cessation Associate-frontline (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 14, 2017
I liked working at Roswell Park Cancer Institute, but I had a Manager who did not teach me or show me the functions of the job, she left me to figure it out for myself, which I could not figure, so I was let go because the Manager said I was not the right fit.
Pros
excellent working area
Cons
poor management in NYS Quitline
Good ol boys club
Maintenance and Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 14, 2017
If your White, male and worked at Cornell then your all set. For a public benefit corp they hire friends and family before the most competent person for the job.
P a r
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 2, 2017
This position is good, dealing with the patients are great, dealing with the staff is something all together different...and management doesn't have your back if you kiss butt
Good place to work, great pay!
Smoking Cessation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 1, 2017
I like working for Roswell. I don't too much care for the employees but the patients make coming in to work worth it. The pay is great and they're very flexible when school rolls around.
Very friendly associates
Volunteer/Information Desk (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 26, 2017
Very friendly place to work for even though it is tough seeing so many people with this illness. It is a warm place to work because of the out pour of love from the employees to accommodate the patients and their needs.
Pros
Watching so many caring people reaching out to those who are suffering from the illness.
Cons
seeing so many sick people
Dynamic Work
Facilities Systems Engineer I (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 25, 2017
I was responsible for overseeing operations of multiple buildings. Responded to campus trouble calls. I learned a lot while working at the Roswell Park Cancer Institute.
Great place to learn about advancements in medicine
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 24, 2017
The position proved to be more important than originally thought. Management were very understanding and thorough in their training process. The perks were really the joy given to participants during and after the survey.
Pros
Meeting different people
Cons
Long hours on the phone
Continuing Medical Education Inter (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 13, 2017
It was a very fun place to work but same thing everyday. I would have received job there but there were no available funding to add full time position.
Excellent environment
Assist patients (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 3, 2017
I love my job and the people I encounter daily, also I take pride in the care I provide and our patients note that as well. I'd love to stay in this field and or with in RPCI if possible my work there is fullfiling
Awesome Place
Special Events Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 27, 2017
The Alliance Foundation is a group of hard working individuals who support each other and make coming to work fun. The work that is done here is for a great cause.
spent time here shadowing employees
Student (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 16, 2017
I spent time here shadowing employees in the histology department. Very interesting, learned a lot. Would like to work here in the future. Many interesting departments to work in.
Very Professional and Caring People. Amazing Environment
Sr Secretary Dept of Diagnostic Radiology (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 31, 2017
Roswell Park Cancer Institute is an amazing facility. Everyone from the physicians down to house keeping are all exceptional. They all give 100% of their heart to help every patient whether it be inpatient or patients just coming in for treatment. The environment is so serene and peaceful. They have an organist playing in beautiful music in the huge foyer. The volunteers and service dogs put a smile on everyone's face whether you are a patient or not. If ever I was to return to Buffalo, I would definitely love to work back at Roswell Park. And my job, management and all the physicians I worked with were awesome!
Amazing cancer advancements
Coordinator - The Resource Center (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 17, 2017
The clinical work done at RPCI is top notch and the clinical staff are outstanding. Back office systems sorely need to be brought into the 21st Century.
Pros
Good benefits, pleasant work environment
Cons
No system for advancement, systems outdated
Respectable and nice warming workplace
Floor Technician (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 13, 2017
My review on Roswell cancer institute is that in this company there are good and respectful co worker's. Roswell have good benefits and they willing to work with you through your personal issues outside of work.
Pros
A work place that you can move up career wise.
Cons
You have to pay for your own lunch and breaks go by fast
Roswell holds a wonderful staff and provides a great environment
Administrative Assistant, Medical Secretary (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 12, 2017
Roswell Park is a wonderful place to work. The staff is extremely kind and though the patients there are being treated for various things, sometimes life-threatening, they are just as lovely. The environment of the Institute is very positive and welcoming, I was pleased to have been given the opportunity to work at such a place. The people I work under directly have been extremely helpful in their training and have given many efforts to introduce me to the campus and other staff members. The job itself has its challenges but I always leave work with a smile, teamwork is part of the day to day job!
changes
Administrative Director (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 3, 2017
It's changed a lot in the past 11 years, not a safe, friendly culture. No one trusts anyone, everyone is replaceable. One employee appreciation event per year. My Vacations have been cancelled, I work on call 7 days a week.

Plus it's expensive...parking, benefits, it's very expensive to work here.

Plus - you only have a change at moving up if you have family that has a friend...promotions are not based on hard work.
Pros
Nice garden, coworkers are great.
Cons
It's the boys club.
Best job every
Patient Transport Intern (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 24, 2017
This summer job was the best experience of my life. My meet beautiful people and families. Roswel made me feel like I was at home even though i was an employee. It's so hard to work in the position that I want because, its already enough people but every day I wish I was about of the team.
Pros
Love everything
Cons
limited positions
Great Place!!
Clinical Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 21, 2017
Roswell is a great place to work. It get difficult when you are attached to your patients and you have to watch their decline, but overall a great place!!
Fun workplace. I enjoyed my coworkers and the atmosphere at Roswell.
Intern (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 19, 2017
I worked for the CME department and I enjoyed everyday going into work. My supervisors and coworkers were amazing.

The only downfall was how poor technology was at Roswell. Technology was slow and old and needed to be updated badly.