Rotary International Employee Reviews

Fast-paced work enviroment, exciting and interesting developments across the nation
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Evanston, ILNovember 16, 2015
I enjoyed working for this company, It's main focus is to provide assistance who is in need across the world helping out with Humanitarians that's involved in disease control. Polio Plus is one of the outbreaks they focus on the most achievements in concurring and monitoring its spread.
Pros
Workout facility and Cafeteria at the same location
Benefits
Great Work/Life Balance
Manager of Financial Business Support (Current Employee) –  Evanston, ILJuly 31, 2015
The work/life balance is great. Days are pretty predictable from an hours standpoint. Finance work is challenging but rewarding. Opportunities to advance once you are a manager are pretty limited unless you plan on staying there for a long time.
Pros
hours
Cons
compensation, career advancement
Rotary was an non-profit organization that provided the needed services worldwide.
Donor Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Evanston, ILDecember 5, 2012
My typical day consisted of reviewing cancelled checks from bank and entering large volumns of information, applying to the specified program.

I was able to expand on my time management skills.

Management was helpful by consistently providing training.
Co-workers were team players
The hardest part of the job as well as the most enjoyable part of the job was one and the same because although we were able to provide services such as building wells, providing assistance for natural disasters;world hunger,etc., I understood that there was still much work to be done and projects that could be handled such as AIDS which is a worldwide problem now.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
none that i can think of at this time.
Great environment to work in, great employees,
Donation Processor (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILJanuary 28, 2016
When I first started working at Rotary International, I did not know what to expect but after the first week I felt at home because all the employees in the company were friendly and assisted me when I needed help. I used to come to the company in the morning and worked from my cubicle, processing donations by members and making phone calls to make sure a certain member did not forget to make a donation.
Love Rotary.
Elementary School Tutor (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, OHFebruary 9, 2016
Rotary is a service organization that continues to serve the world. Rotarian's have helped eradicate Polio off of the face of the earth, give food and water to people in need and sponsor students to go on Foreign Exchange across the globe. Rotarian's also help set service projects with students using Interact Clubs in high schools.
Pros
Helping The World
Very political organization
Assistant Controller (Former Employee) –  Evanston, ILMarch 11, 2016
Difficult to accomplish goals because one had to work through the various layers of the organization. They were very opposed to change.
Pros
Great programs
Cons
Too political
Great organization with a completely vertical structure that inhibits job mobility
Rotary staff support Rotary's members and programs (Former Employee) –  Evanston, ILApril 8, 2014
The mission of Rotary is awesome. However, the structure of the work environment is silo-ed and vertical. You can only talk to the person above you who then relays the message. And if you don't have a team who supports your ideas and your growth and advocate for you within this very stiff structure, it can be very discouraging.
Pros
great benefits
Feel-good company
Admin Associate, Regional Leadership Support (Current Employee) –  Evanston, ILJanuary 18, 2016
This is a company that you can be proud to work for. Everyone in the secretariat works to support the most selfless men and women in the world help other people.
okay
Support Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Evanston, ILSeptember 6, 2014
Benefits are great and there are some great people working there; I had some of the best co-workers. It's difficult to advance within the company but it is a great organization with a great cause.
Good cause.
Sr Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Evanston, ILJuly 7, 2013
Rotary Int'l is a non for profit that has a very good mission people around the world are working on. It is a good company that offers good benefits.
Tempory Employment
Accounts Payable Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Evanston, ILMay 17, 2015
Atmosphere was very friendly with lots of room for growth. Staff and management were very supportive in encouraging and motivating employees to progress.
Pros
Supportive manager
Cons
assignment ended
Best Thing I've Ever Done
RSA and Edina, MN-Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 4, 2015
Great environment and wonderful people. These are the most dedicated and passionate group and you get to see the results of your work every day.
Not so friendly non for profit
Summer Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Evanston, ILDecember 12, 2012
I worked in a temporary part-time position performing data entry. Management clearly needed the extra help, but the temporary employees were not appreciated. Other staff would regularly make disparaging remarks about temporary employees within our earshot. We were not trusted to do much. Before the job ended, I was fortunate enough to find a full-time position elsewhere.
Pros
modern office
Cons
management and permanent staff not friendly or accommodating
Exceptional Global Charity to work for
Annual Giving Officer (Former Employee) –  Evanston, ILSeptember 4, 2012
Rotary International is an exceptional charitable organization that serves a global network of community volunteers. The mission of its charity, The Rotary Foundation, is to enable its volunteers to advance world peace, goodwill, and global understanding through the improvement of health, the support of education, and the alleviation of poverty.
Good Position
TRF AR Contribution Processor (Current Employee) –  Evanston, ILApril 16, 2012
This is a okay organization to work for. There is room for growth in some areas in the company. The benefit package is very good.
great opportunities
Youth Exchange Chair (Former Employee) –  westhampton nyNovember 4, 2014
Excellent exposure to cultural and global issues. A large amount of time is spent working with both students and host families
Excellent co-workers and company.
Call Center Agent-Temp (Former Employee) –  Evanston, IlAugust 14, 2013
I learned a lot of new software information through Rotary. The hardest part of the job was the high volume of calls and e-mails. Overall, I enjoyed my experience working there, the location was just too far.
An organization truly devoted to doing good in the world
Contact Center Team Lead (Supervisor) (Current Employee) –  Evanston, ILMay 23, 2013
this organization has good intentions in regards to staff and clients however the execution of these intentions could be better
A really good student exchange program in Binghamton NY
Host brother (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYJuly 13, 2012
I was host family to very nice people from all over the world through this organization. It was a pleasure to have them in my home and learn all about them.
A non profit
Senior Exchange Administrator (Former Employee) –  Evanston ILApril 14, 2012
Very small IT Department and not very well funded. Equipment and training were out of date
Pros
small
Cons
out of date

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rotary International. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3