Rotary International

Rotary International United States Employee Reviews

okay
Support Center Representative (Former Employee), Evanston, ILSeptember 6, 2014
Benefits are great and there are some great people working there; I had some of the best co-workers. It's difficult to advance within the company but it is a great organization with a great cause.
I've not been there long enough to know much
Legal Assistant to General Counsel (Current Employee), Evanston, ILMay 9, 2014
I've not been there long enough to know much about it. There training is almost non-existent though.
Great organization with a completely vertical structure that inhibits job mobility
Rotary staff support Rotary's members and programs (Former Employee), Evanston, ILApril 8, 2014
Pros: great benefits
The mission of Rotary is awesome. However, the structure of the work environment is silo-ed and vertical. You can only talk to the person above you who then relays the message. And if you don't have a team who supports your ideas and your growth and advocate for you within this very stiff structure, it can be very discouraging.
Progressive and Comfortable Work Place
Staff Accountant (Former Employee), Evanston, IllinoisAugust 17, 2013
Rotary International is a great place to work. They constantly offer training and have one of the most diverse staff in the area.
Excellent co-workers and company.
Call Center Agent-Temp (Former Employee), Evanston, IlAugust 14, 2013
I learned a lot of new software information through Rotary. The hardest part of the job was the high volume of calls and e-mails. Overall, I enjoyed my experience working there, the location was just too far.
Good cause.
Sr Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Evanston, ILJuly 7, 2013
Rotary Int'l is a non for profit that has a very good mission people around the world are working on. It is a good company that offers good benefits.
An organization truly devoted to doing good in the world
Contact Center Team Lead (Supervisor) (Current Employee), Evanston, ILMay 23, 2013
this organization has good intentions in regards to staff and clients however the execution of these intentions could be better
Rotaract
Member, Rotaract (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIMarch 30, 2013
volunteer organization that serves local communities and develops young professional job skills
Not so friendly non for profit
Summer Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Evanston, ILDecember 12, 2012
Pros: modern office
Cons: management and permanent staff not friendly or accommodating
I worked in a temporary part-time position performing data entry. Management clearly needed the extra help, but the temporary employees were not appreciated. Other staff would regularly make disparaging remarks about temporary employees within our earshot. We were not trusted to do much. Before the job ended, I was fortunate enough to find a full-time position elsewhere.
Rotary was an non-profit organization that provided the needed services worldwide.
Donor Operations Assistant (Former Employee), Evanston, ILDecember 5, 2012
Pros: great benefits
Cons: none that i can think of at this time.
My typical day consisted of reviewing cancelled checks from bank and entering large volumns of information, applying to the specified program.

I was able to expand on my time management skills.

Management was helpful by consistently providing training.
Co-workers were team players
The hardest part of the job as well as the most enjoyable part of the job was one and the same because although we were able to provide services such as building wells, providing assistance for natural disasters;world hunger,etc., I understood that there was still much work to be done and projects that could be handled such as AIDS which is a worldwide problem now.
Exceptional Global Charity to work for
Annual Giving Officer (Former Employee), Evanston, ILSeptember 4, 2012
Rotary International is an exceptional charitable organization that serves a global network of community volunteers. The mission of its charity, The Rotary Foundation, is to enable its volunteers to advance world peace, goodwill, and global understanding through the improvement of health, the support of education, and the alleviation of poverty.
A really good student exchange program in Binghamton NY
Host brother (Former Employee), Binghamton, NYJuly 13, 2012
I was host family to very nice people from all over the world through this organization. It was a pleasure to have them in my home and learn all about them.
Friendly atmosphere
Data entry (Former Employee), Evanston, IllinoisApril 19, 2012
Data entry.
Friendly supervisors.
Reading information in different languages.
Good Position
TRF AR Contribution Processor (Current Employee), Evanston, ILApril 16, 2012
This is a okay organization to work for. There is room for growth in some areas in the company. The benefit package is very good.
A non profit
Senior Exchange Administrator (Former Employee), Evanston ILApril 14, 2012
Pros: small
Cons: out of date
Very small IT Department and not very well funded. Equipment and training were out of date