Rotary International Employee Reviews

Lots of ways to get involved.
Business Information Analyst (Current Employee) –  Evanston, ILJuly 21, 2017
I enjoy working at Rotary International. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that the work you do is helping others around the world. I also do like getting the 1 sick day per month and good amount of vacation days.
nice place and location
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Evanston, ILJuly 18, 2017
the building itself is very nice and the people very friendly.the work was moderate and the hours were great.i worked from six to two with weekends off.
Great Location
Service (Current Employee) –  Evanston, ILJune 9, 2017
Conveniently located near train and lake. Lots of restaurants. I do not want to write a long review, but, since I have to, I will tell you this. You'll love this place.
Nice and Busy workplace!
Registration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Evanston, ILMay 26, 2017
Nice place to work! Challenging to work in Rotary International. Most of the employees are friendly and nice. The management and benefits are good!!! The company is great!!!
Fine
Youth Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Czech RepublicMay 22, 2017
It was a good time. I was an ambassador to the Czech republic. It was one of the better years of my life. There is a lot of support within the organization.
Managers need to be re-evaluated
Regional Grant Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Evanston, ILMay 4, 2017
There is no room for advancement at this organization. It is a real shame because it overall is a good place to work. There are managers that sabotage you from advancing because they are too lazy to take on more work. I unfortunately know this from having it done to me. They need to take a serious look at who are in manager roles. They are all for themselves and not for helping better employees.
Nice place to work
PeopleSoft Administrator (Current Employee) –  Evanston, ILFebruary 10, 2017
Nice place to work. People are good and friendly and helpful. Manager is flexible and understanding. Good learning experience. I would definitely recommend this to a friend.
Diverse work environment
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Evanston, ILJanuary 6, 2017
A typical day in the Financial Planning and Analysis Division is fast- paced and a great teamwork environment. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with cross-functional teams and learning their view of their business area. I had a great team of co-workers who mesh well together and work great together through tight deadlines. The hardest part of the the job is your daily work plan was always changing.
Pros
coworkers, benefits, location
Cons
salary, no room for growth
No career advancement
Executive Secretary (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesOctober 1, 2016
My job as an Executive Secretary was not a memorable job for me.

It is a routinized job and boring.

Salary is just minimum and not much as to the private companies I have work with
Pros
Cons
no healthcare, no all
rotary translator
Translator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 20, 2016
Awesome experience watched and translated surgeries for Chinese visiting doctors. Got to use and experience high level mandarin in real time and i was successful.
Pros
awesome experience

Want to know more about Rotary International?

Ask a question
Very political organization
Assistant Controller (Former Employee) –  Evanston, ILMarch 11, 2016
Difficult to accomplish goals because one had to work through the various layers of the organization. They were very opposed to change.
Pros
Great programs
Cons
Too political
Love Rotary.
Elementary School Tutor (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, OHFebruary 9, 2016
Rotary is a service organization that continues to serve the world. Rotarian's have helped eradicate Polio off of the face of the earth, give food and water to people in need and sponsor students to go on Foreign Exchange across the globe. Rotarian's also help set service projects with students using Interact Clubs in high schools.
Pros
Helping The World
Great environment to work in, great employees,
Donation Processor (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILJanuary 28, 2016
When I first started working at Rotary International, I did not know what to expect but after the first week I felt at home because all the employees in the company were friendly and assisted me when I needed help. I used to come to the company in the morning and worked from my cubicle, processing donations by members and making phone calls to make sure a certain member did not forget to make a donation.
Feel-good company
Admin Associate, Regional Leadership Support (Current Employee) –  Evanston, ILJanuary 18, 2016
This is a company that you can be proud to work for. Everyone in the secretariat works to support the most selfless men and women in the world help other people.
Fast-paced work enviroment, exciting and interesting developments across the nation
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Evanston, ILNovember 16, 2015
I enjoyed working for this company, It's main focus is to provide assistance who is in need across the world helping out with Humanitarians that's involved in disease control. Polio Plus is one of the outbreaks they focus on the most achievements in concurring and monitoring its spread.
Pros
Workout facility and Cafeteria at the same location
Benefits
Best Thing I've Ever Done
RSA and Edina, MN-Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 4, 2015
Great environment and wonderful people. These are the most dedicated and passionate group and you get to see the results of your work every day.
Great Work/Life Balance
Manager of Financial Business Support (Current Employee) –  Evanston, ILJuly 31, 2015
The work/life balance is great. Days are pretty predictable from an hours standpoint. Finance work is challenging but rewarding. Opportunities to advance once you are a manager are pretty limited unless you plan on staying there for a long time.
Pros
hours
Cons
compensation, career advancement
Tempory Employment
Accounts Payable Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Evanston, ILMay 17, 2015
Atmosphere was very friendly with lots of room for growth. Staff and management were very supportive in encouraging and motivating employees to progress.
Pros
Supportive manager
Cons
assignment ended
great opportunities
Youth Exchange Chair (Former Employee) –  westhampton nyNovember 4, 2014
Excellent exposure to cultural and global issues. A large amount of time is spent working with both students and host families
okay
Support Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Evanston, ILSeptember 6, 2014
Benefits are great and there are some great people working there; I had some of the best co-workers. It's difficult to advance within the company but it is a great organization with a great cause.