Rotech Healthcare Inc. Employee Reviews

Terrible place to work
Technician (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNAugust 19, 2017
Rotech closed the office in Clarksville,TN,no warning,if you work for this company you will be very disappointed. Management is unethical and unreliable. Do yourself a favor go to another DME company. I worked there for three years and got one .22 cent raise. Bankruptcy three times, just that alone should throw up red flags.
Cons
Easy job just needs better management structure
Warehouse Associate iv (Current Employee) –  Murray, KYAugust 14, 2017
Good place to work just needs better management like everybody I work with pay could be better and need to do raises more they also need to stop changing things every week that be nice
Pros
Good hours good breaks good pto program
Cons
Management and staying at one pay for long period of time
Straight bullcrap
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 9, 2017
They expect you to do it all and then some. If you do the right thing and report fraud on a sells rep and you have the proof expect to get fired. They don't really train you; you have to learn yourself. They hire managers who are worthless and who jump from company to company. The sells reps are treated like gold and you are beneath them. It's a worthless company to work for.
Horrible place
Customer Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 4, 2017
The mgmt and staff doesn't care about their employees as long as they have physical bodies working there as if we are robotics! If you have any kids don't bother working here. Rotech it self doesn't care! If you need to leave early or call in sick you get a point each and every time, no consideration at all. We all are human and things happen... Guess it's best to be on salary then hourly. They change the policy, rules, you name it everyday you can barely keep up. The pay rate should be more than $12 an hour. We work way to hard not to be appreciated more. I would suggest working for a company that is less stressful, treat you with respect, doesn't have a point system, and care about their employees. We shouldn't have to take an assessment for a .25 - .60 Raise in order to get a pay increase. It's crazy! Please beware... almost forgot you can't socialize with your co-workers if so you will get called in for a meeting.
Pros
One Hour Lunch Break
Cons
Terrible management and team leads esp
bankrupt 3 times
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 1, 2017
worst experience of my life. If you enjoy loosing your clients, by giving them endless mountains of paperwork that is found to be incorrect days after it is signed, (because the company does not know what it is doing) this it the position for you.
Pros
cant think of any
Cons
everyone finds themselves under the bus
seems good at first, but...
PCC (Former Employee) –  Murray, KYJuly 31, 2017
I worked at Rotech for a little over three years. The pay's not terrible for the area, the job does come with benefits, and you get paid time off. However, you are under constant scrutiny. Everything is monitored, from how many patients you work to how often (and how long) you go to the bathroom, and management is always on the lookout for people not being 100% focused on work. Even asking co-workers for help is discouraged. Overall it's not the worst job I've ever held, just watch yourself if you end up here.
Pros
hour-long lunch, consistent hours, Pto
Cons
big brother is watching
Upper Management
Location Manager (Former Employee) –  Man, WVJuly 23, 2017
Your upper management does have a clue what it is like to manage a DME company in our area with the limited area, hospitals, insurance, and 16 other DME companies in the same area.
Pros
good pay
Cons
upper management
Great learning experience and the patient were wonderful.
Clinical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Southeast Region of Tennessee, GeorgiaJuly 17, 2017
I loved working for Rotech but the management team had a high turn over which made it difficult to work to your full potential. The patients were awesome but the amount of patients and if they had been properly seen was frustrating.
Fun enviornment. I loved working with the clients and helping them.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NCJuly 6, 2017
Its a great company to work for, very competitive and high demand. Unfortunately I came in at the wrong time. Management was stressed and the turn over rate was rising.
Pros
Great Benifits, paid time off
Cons
the system needs updated and causes complaints with the customers
Provider Services Manager
Provider Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 5, 2017
Great job...I loved this job, wish I was still there.

As Provider Svs Manager, had oversight to department for over 500 locations, maintaining all compliance levels according to Local, State and Federal government regulations. Over see all NPI, Medicare, Medicaid and Licenses for all locations.

Successfully developed and trained staff members.

Provided recommendations and resolutions to Executive Team as well as staff members regarding any issues that may have developed on daily basis.
Pros
great job
Cons
constant management changing
Do not recommend this company
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Roy, UTJuly 1, 2017
Sit at a computer completely stressed out because you are pushed to have a certain count of orders to get pushed through. The numbers they want you to pull are not realistic. Expected to verify insurance info and obtain authorizations which can take up a lot of your time so it's out of your control on how long each order will take especially because each order and issues are different. Management is very click like. If they don't want you in the management group they set you up to get fired for stupid things. Can leave to go get your kids in emergencies because you get points. So many points and you get written up and fired for it. To much stress and to much highschool drama. HIGH TURNOVER RATE BECAUSE IT'S A MISERABLE JOB AND TO MUCH STRESS!
Pros
You learn a lot of info in training and doing the job
Cons
To miserable to want to stay as a career. Burned out FAST!!
High success rate in providing O2 for needing patience
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 29, 2017
This particular job requires a strong work ethic and also the ability to multi-task with varies priorities. This job taught me the ability to use more critical thinking when providing services and also being knowledgeable on company product, making sure that patient is given accurate information and remains a happy patient. This job can be very challenging in many different ways, but like anything worth while practice makes perfect, with that said the hardest part of the job in opinion is navigating through the multiple websites, making sure that each patient is handle successfully and insurance rules are being followed. When this skill is practiced and made known to the employee it soon becomes enjoyable helping patience and knowing that you have made a great difference in there lives. Rotech gives you the opportunity to be successful. They provide a stable career that will take you as far as you desire
Pros
Medical coding, Doctor records, critical thinking, empathy
Cons
stressful, intimidating, after work studies, working under pressure
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJune 15, 2017
My typical day at Rotech is productive for I am responsible for placing Hospital/ Nursing home/Physicians orders for Patients need medical equipment. Along with Researching Medicare/Medicaid Insurance and other health insurance policies to insure patients are eligible for the medical equipment to be delivered to their location.
Pros
helping customers
Cons
there arent any
Rewarding start to career
Manager (Former Employee) –  Hanover, PAJune 11, 2017
I began as a tech and left as a manager. I enjoyed the learning experience. The ability to move to high positions was rewarding. Interaction with staff was great.
nice place to learn
Collection Specialist A/R (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INJune 10, 2017
Prepared medical insurance claims to be submitted to contracted government and private insurance companies for a Durable Medical Equipment company. Verified that the patient is qualified to the specification of government and private insurances. Worked with Emdeon program the forwarding company for medical claims. Basic office duties: Out/In bound calls, data entry, filing, faxing & coping.
Enjoyable workplace
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COJune 8, 2017
During my time at Rotech I was an Area Clinical Manager, a Regional Clinical Manager, and Respiratory Therapist. The culture of the company is growth, team work and positive patient outcomes.
Pros
Helping patients stay well at home.
Cons
Retention of drivers and clinical support.
Numbers oriented, self motivated, fast passed data entry.
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 23, 2017
8 hour work day Monday through Friday. some overtime offered to those who do their work. Usually quiet work environment. The job overall was easy, you were given a cubicle with computer phone and work space. job consisted of data/order entry, speaking with clients, physicians and locations over the phone. Overall decent place to work.
Houston Location was nice
Respiratory Clinician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 18, 2017
I enjoyed working with everyone at the Houston Rhema location. I left because there was a $5000 cap on prescriptions and I was starting a $1500/month prescription. There was a lot of expectation for the RTs to generate sales.
Pros
Nice Houston office
Cons
Expect RTs to generate sales
Productive work enviornment
Clerical Support (Current Employee) –  Mifflinburg, PAMay 14, 2017
Productive work environment with benefits, no room for advancement with salary I.E. pay raises. You can move up by changing positions, to advance pay. Do receive bonuses if you complete satisfactory goal levels.
Great Company to work for
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Clarks Summit, PAMay 7, 2017
This is a great company to work for, and great people in the office.
However, the current insurance situation in dealing with DME has gotten overwhelming. It has been a great experience for my future insurance needs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rotech Healthcare Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8