ROTHMAN FURNITURE Employee Reviews

Awesome Enviroment
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, MONovember 10, 2015
Great people to work with. Management does best to work with and assist as much as possible. Sales people are very helpful.
alright job
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOSeptember 8, 2015
Its a job work in no control temp in build. If it snow bring extra layers. The job would be better if its temp controled. Putting furniture together its a decent job.
only ok
Management (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 17, 2015
a long time player in the home furnishings sector in St. Louis. The company is in its third generation. its model is in need of updating as the market becomes more competitive.
Pros
job security
Cons
stagnant earning potential
Office Coordinator
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MoMay 23, 2015
Answered 50 to 100 phone calls daily, providing service, directions and problem resolution
Typed and prepared all daily correspondence for the store manager
Prepared work schedules and provided internal customer service
Processed and prepared materials necessary to facilitate refunds
Pros
Lots of Customer Contact
Cons
Lack of respect from co-workers
Slow paced customer service and warehouse job
Pickup loader (Former Employee) –  MOJuly 24, 2014
Typical days at this work place consisted of emptying trash cans in the morning then moving on to help other departments that were short handed or cleaning til a customer pick up arrives. After three years of working at this place there honestly wasn't a hard part of the job anymore. The most enjoyable part of my job was the operation of the cherry pickers and forklift, and learning some of the finisher techniques from some of the older employees there. My co-workers at this place tended to be younger men who had not had enough work experience to have any work ethic which caused slight complications. Management was very good, my main supervisor was a good man who was able to interact in a way to make most see him and a friend almost and not a supervisor. This behavior got a lot out of his workers. I had much honor and respect for this man.
Pros
good work schedule
Cons
lack of career advancment
Great place to work, wish I was still there...
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOApril 16, 2014
Wish I never got laid off from this place, great people, great money!!
horrible
ive done just about all jobs (Former Employee) –  ofallonMarch 22, 2014
Terrible management lots of rules that change daily and only apply to some. Alot of un safe working areas.operators not trained right.mandatory overtime.and they dont give reviews or give raises,ive been there over 10 years and have not had eaither, they suck you in with the vacation time. But over all high turn over rate management thinks there above the rules (ie.sexaule harrasment,cussing,yelling,never around )
Pros
none really
Cons
everything
Wonderful starting point in clerical positions.
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOSeptember 18, 2013
Light hearted atmosphere with minimal staffing turn over. Great place to meet life long friends, company is family owned. Learned accounting back ground and software tools.
Pros
lots of vacation time.
Cons
no opportunities for advancement.
A good company as far as compensation I liked it but they had quotas.
Salesman (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, ILMay 11, 2013
I really liked them as far as pay compensation, when I worked for them thay payed well and gave you fair wages, trained you to sell well and gave good product knowledge. But I was more of a stastistic or a quota as far as me getting into the management training program. Their store managers were predominately caucasion and few minorities 1 female ( black ) and 1 male ( black ) store managers when I worked for them. I was put into the management program due to the company 's quota for minorities in management. i was put in a predominantly Caucasion store as the only African- American person and manager there. The setup was for failure to revert back to whatever was protocol for management with this company.
Pros
worked a good schedule, was the boss at times, had a set schedule and little ot
Cons
not simpathethic to people with disabilities, i lost my job due to poor health.
Ok some people can make your job and there job very hard
Warehouse (picker) Order puller (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 25, 2012
management could of been so much better and the store to could of told us they were closing we should find somthing eles are somthing we had familys and very races
Pros
no weekends
Cons
bad company
Typical warehouse tasks very unsafe work environment
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOJune 21, 2012
The hours and required tasks were very typical for a warehouse job. Yet the lack of professionalism by management was shocking. Favoritism and nepotism ruled how long they kept an employee around. Safety was at the bottom of their priorities; the training programs were incomplete and very unorthodox.
Pros
union, healthcare, payed breaks
Cons
osha violations are daily occurrences

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ROTHMAN FURNITURE. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4