Rothman Institute Employee Reviews

Operational Manager (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaSeptember 25, 2017
There are some great people that work there. Most of the providers go the extra mile to be friendly to staff.

Need to invest more in infrastructure and work life balance. Communication lacks, and is often incorrect by time it makes it way all the way through a service line.
Pros
A lot of hard working employees, and Providers
Cons
Leadership
Fast paced workplace
Medical Assistant Internship (Former Employee) –  Egg Harbor Township, NJSeptember 6, 2017
Overall great company to work for.
Some days are slow paced and others are fast.
System used is very easy to learn, at first it may seem like difficult
Great place to work!
Receptionist/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 6, 2017
The most enjoyable part of my job was patient service, I really enjoy working with the public. The workplace culture at Rothman gave you a sense of pride.
Great Company, Some Stress
Surgical Clearance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Willow Grove, PAJuly 2, 2017
I enjoy working for the Rothman Institute in general. They provider great benefits, including annual raises and a bonus twice a year. Most of my peers are very competent, understanding, and helpful. Sometimes I felt that there was a disconnect between the employees, regional management, and corporate management.
As a Surgical Clearance Coordinator my job was always busy and extremely deadline oriented. However, despite working as hard as I can and achieving multiple successes, I found that some of management comes down very hard when things do not go as planned, even if that only happened a small percentage of the time.
Pros
Good compensation and FULL benefits (401k, vacation, all insurances, raises, bonuses)
Cons
work life balance can be poor at times, company expects tremendous output but does not allow overtime.
Great Place to Work
Credentialing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 12, 2017
It is a great place to work. There is a no lay off policy in place. The senior management listens to the staff when there are glitches in the flow. A typical day is that you are handling the business of the company from the time you start to the time you leave. there is always something to be done to achieve the goals of the company. The only downside is that there is minimal opportunity to do overtime.
At Rothman Institute, I learned that it takes a team to get all of the work done, and the people here work as a team and are very dedicated and are proud of the work they produce.
The hardest part of the job is how to get everything done in the work day, and implementing a serious time management tool in your life, as the days are never the same and the demands for each day are different. The needs of the business office are growing as the company is growing and is a great place to learn anything in the healthcare business world.
The most enjoyable part of the job are the people who work for RI.
Pros
no-layoff policy, Summer party in NJ
Cons
the job is stressful if you are not highly organized.
This was a fun office to work at.
Medical Receptionist/ Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Media, PAApril 10, 2017
Sports Medicine was a lot of fun. We got to see sports patients and assist with orthotics and injuries that needed treatment. Casting removal. We always were treated respectfully.
I actually love my job
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 1, 2017
This company appreciates it's employees!

Being such a large company there is such a level of comfortability with everyone. Calling another office or department and speaking with someone you have never met feels like your chating with your best friend.
(Majority of) The patients love Rothman. Super respected and we'll known practice worldwide.

Not every manager is particularly nice or does a good job. My manager is unapproachable.
Pros
No layoff policy! Benefits package
Cons
Alot of responsibilities. High expectations.
Enjoyable place to work
Surgical Coordinator / Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 6, 2017
This company takes good care of their employees, very appreciative and the patients are a joy to work with. The environment is one in which you love to come to each and every day.
Pros
Benefits package, raises, and the perks
Cons
There are no cons
Excellent Staff and Employees
Patient Reception (Former Employee) –  Newtown, PAJanuary 26, 2017
Great experience working here with a lot of room for growth and potential. Management is great and employees are great.
Pros
Staff
medical assistant
medica (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 25, 2016
worked for surgeon, some co workr great, others dont work, upper management very cliquie. They hire family and that is who advances in company.
Pros
GREAT people, good benefits
Cons
no room for advancement, management very cliquie
Great place to work!
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 10, 2016
Great place to work! Plenty of opportunity for growth and advancement opportunities! Employees are appreciated and acknowledged for their hard work and dedication.
Pros
Bonuses and work parties.
Be prepared to live for your job
Manager (Former Employee) –  PhildelphiaMay 25, 2016
Worked here for 5 yrs was promoted several times. The first management person that doesn't think you are doing what's needed although your boss does the problems start. Was threatened to loose my job although 60 days prior had a stellar review. Staff turns on each other and people are always worried about their job security . Be prepared to do more , work before you get to work and be available after work and weekends. You literally have to put your job first and make sure you never cross anyone.
Pros
Pay
Cons
All else
Great Place To Learn
Certified Athletic Trainer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 10, 2016
Working here has taught me a lot, but now I'm at a plateau and am ready to move on if the right opportunity presents itself.
Pros
excellent company, great benefits
Cons
Not enough staff
Nice
Internship (Former Employee) –  Marlton, NJApril 6, 2016
Enjoyed my internship there learned a lot . Everyone I worked with was so nice and generous , taught a lot I was running a MA's shift while she was on lunch . Calling patients so the doctor can see them
Productive, fast paced, friendly, and challenging
Coder/Biller (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 3, 2016
It's a very fast paced, high volume, accountable career. Colleges are great and always willing to help when needed. I love that it keeps me busy and it's also the hardest part of the job. Management is always there when you need them and will always get you answers.
Pros
lots of free events
Cons
very high volume
Great Place to Work
Surgical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bryn Mawr, PASeptember 15, 2015
You feel like family when you are here. Everyone is eager to teach and learn. The atmosphere and people are excellent.The training is intense but the quality of employment is worth the reward.
love it here!
Registered Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sewell, NJSeptember 9, 2015
i love working at Rothman. all the staff, including the management are great and the environment is awesome. very clean and professional, room for advancement and achievements.
Internship to learn the field hands on
Medical Billing and Coding Externship (Former Employee) –  Media, PAAugust 17, 2015
I worked at the front desk, which gave me customer service skills. I signed the clients in and out. I made appointments for new and returning clients. I also did insurance verification and took the co payments.
Pros
I was a learning exiperence.
Cons
It was slow paste.
Growing company left me unhappy
Administrative/ Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 25, 2015
Employed for over 5 years and the only positive is a competitive salary. Unfortunately, the management was inconsistent and unfair, I constantly felt overworked and my concern for this issue never seemed to be addressed. Management very “clicky”.
Pros
Competitive salary
Cons
Poor management
Personable working environment with friendly staff
Clinical Research Study Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Marlton, NJJanuary 19, 2015
Typical day would include talking to patients to gather information on their health post-operation and/or post-physical therapy and enter that information into a study spreadsheet to be analyzed to create a better experience and treatment for future patients.

I learned how to communicate with others of all different ages, as well as what treatments work best with some patients that may not work well with others.

Management is extremely upbeat and friendly. They always find time to let you know when you are doing well and are very easy to talk to.

My co-workers are just as friendly as management. If you are behind in your work, there is no hesitation towards helping you complete the study needed. This creates a very happy working environment.

The hardest part of this job is having to speak with patients who's treatment did not go well for them or they are unhappy. Just knowing that we couldn't help a certain patient is very disheartening and I always hope for the best with every patient we care for.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the exact opposite. I love hearing that a surgery was a huge success and we have made a positive impact on that patient's life due to our treatment. Also, every patient has a different personality and I love getting to know others.
Pros
Work alongside people, create a difference in patient treatment using study approaches, caring and personable staff
Cons
not reliable in keeping studies funded to provide work opportunities

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rothman Institute. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3