Rothman Institute Employee Reviews

Excellent Staff and Employees
Patient Reception (Former Employee) –  Newtown, PAJanuary 26, 2017
Great experience working here with a lot of room for growth and potential. Management is great and employees are great.
Pros
Staff
medical assistant
medica (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 25, 2016
worked for surgeon, some co workr great, others dont work, upper management very cliquie. They hire family and that is who advances in company.
Pros
GREAT people, good benefits
Cons
no room for advancement, management very cliquie
Great place to work!
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 10, 2016
Great place to work! Plenty of opportunity for growth and advancement opportunities! Employees are appreciated and acknowledged for their hard work and dedication.
Pros
Bonuses and work parties.
Be prepared to live for your job
Manager (Former Employee) –  PhildelphiaMay 25, 2016
Worked here for 5 yrs was promoted several times. The first management person that doesn't think you are doing what's needed although your boss does the problems start. Was threatened to loose my job although 60 days prior had a stellar review. Staff turns on each other and people are always worried about their job security . Be prepared to do more , work before you get to work and be available after work and weekends. You literally have to put your job first and make sure you never cross anyone.
Pros
Pay
Cons
All else
Great Place To Learn
Certified Athletic Trainer (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 10, 2016
Working here has taught me a lot, but now I'm at a plateau and am ready to move on if the right opportunity presents itself.
Pros
excellent company, great benefits
Cons
Not enough staff
Nice
Internship (Former Employee) –  Marlton, NJApril 6, 2016
Enjoyed my internship there learned a lot . Everyone I worked with was so nice and generous , taught a lot I was running a MA's shift while she was on lunch . Calling patients so the doctor can see them
Productive, fast paced, friendly, and challenging
Coder/Biller (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 3, 2016
It's a very fast paced, high volume, accountable career. Colleges are great and always willing to help when needed. I love that it keeps me busy and it's also the hardest part of the job. Management is always there when you need them and will always get you answers.
Pros
lots of free events
Cons
very high volume
Great Place to Work
Surgical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bryn Mawr, PASeptember 15, 2015
You feel like family when you are here. Everyone is eager to teach and learn. The atmosphere and people are excellent.The training is intense but the quality of employment is worth the reward.
love it here!
Registered Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sewell, NJSeptember 9, 2015
i love working at Rothman. all the staff, including the management are great and the environment is awesome. very clean and professional, room for advancement and achievements.
Internship to learn the field hands on
Medical Billing and Coding Externship (Former Employee) –  Media, PAAugust 17, 2015
I worked at the front desk, which gave me customer service skills. I signed the clients in and out. I made appointments for new and returning clients. I also did insurance verification and took the co payments.
Pros
I was a learning exiperence.
Cons
It was slow paste.
Growing company left me unhappy
Administrative/ Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 25, 2015
Employed for over 5 years and the only positive is a competitive salary. Unfortunately, the management was inconsistent and unfair, I constantly felt overworked and my concern for this issue never seemed to be addressed. Management very “clicky”.
Pros
Competitive salary
Cons
Poor management
Personable working environment with friendly staff
Clinical Research Study Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Marlton, NJJanuary 19, 2015
Typical day would include talking to patients to gather information on their health post-operation and/or post-physical therapy and enter that information into a study spreadsheet to be analyzed to create a better experience and treatment for future patients.

I learned how to communicate with others of all different ages, as well as what treatments work best with some patients that may not work well with others.

Management is extremely upbeat and friendly. They always find time to let you know when you are doing well and are very easy to talk to.

My co-workers are just as friendly as management. If you are behind in your work, there is no hesitation towards helping you complete the study needed. This creates a very happy working environment.

The hardest part of this job is having to speak with patients who's treatment did not go well for them or they are unhappy. Just knowing that we couldn't help a certain patient is very disheartening and I always hope for the best with every patient we care for.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the exact opposite. I love hearing that a surgery was a huge success and we have made a positive impact on that patient's life due to our treatment. Also, every patient has a different personality and I love getting to know others.
Pros
Work alongside people, create a difference in patient treatment using study approaches, caring and personable staff
Cons
not reliable in keeping studies funded to provide work opportunities
Runs like a well oiled machine
Spvs. Surgery Scheduling Dept./ Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Egg harbor TwpJanuary 6, 2015
Coworkers are very helpful
Rothman always looking to expand and Grow
Greta place to work
Certified Orthotist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 18, 2014
Great place to work. Busy Physician-owned practice. Patient centered care. The Physicians care about their patients, and management wants the company to succeed.
Work
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Marlton NJSeptember 27, 2014
Start my day off by checking and making sure each exam room is cleaned and stocked before the day begins. I log onto our electronic health system and pull up our schedule for the day. As I bring patients back throughout the day I scan and enter their charts into our electronic system, along with any vitals and scripts written that day. If the doctor wants a patient to get an radiology tests done I get authorization from patients insurance company. As my day ends I make sure all rooms are clean and stocked for the next day.
Learning atmosphere
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Media, PAApril 25, 2014
Great group of people to learn from and work with. Enjoyed working with doctor one on one.
Pros
learned a lot fro staff and doctors
Cons
wish I was still there
Productive fun workplac
Clinical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bensalem, PAApril 21, 2014
I love my job making sure my patients are happy. That is how I know I had a productive day and then I am happy.
Productive and fast paced workplace
Medical Assistant Extern (Former Employee) –  EHT, NJFebruary 26, 2014
Very good place to learn a lot on the job. A typical day consisted of bringing patients back doing there vitals, preparing them to see the doctor and then scanning all there paperwork into the computer.
Great Doctors
Scrub Technician (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 23, 2014
I really enjoyed working at the Rothman Institute with the staff. The physicians treated me with respect.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Too far from current home to commute
Medical Assistant- Externship (Former Employee) –  Egg Harbor Township, NJJanuary 13, 2014
Amazing Orthopedic staff, amazing to work at, and even more amazing patients that walk through that door. I learned everything I needed to learn, to become a medical assistant.
Pros
Great Environment, with a staff that really cares.
Cons
NONE.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rothman Institute. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3