Roto-Rooter Plumbing & Drain Service

Roto-Rooter Plumbing & Drain Service Employee Reviews

Commision is a gift and a curse.
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Somerset, NJFebruary 20, 2018
Pay checks are very unpredictable. Some days you may work 10 hours and not make any money at all. You are required to purchase your own work van. Although the freedom of taking it home is nice the maintenance adds up over time.
Good coworkers. Managment suck
Journeyman Plumber (Current Employee) –  Murrysville, PAFebruary 19, 2018
Gm mike does nothing unless there is something in it for him. Knows nothing about plumbing
All the managers do nothing. But eat

Liars and get butt hurt....

Once u buy your van and tools and everything else
You are on the hole 20k. Before you know it
Pros
Cons
Roto rooter
Good place to work. Nice people.
SEWAGE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COFebruary 12, 2018
Good place to work. Nice people. Fast paced, Hard work, Lots of learning opportunities, good pay, nice owner, nice customers, and lots of traveling....
needs better mangement
Plumber (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALFebruary 12, 2018
management sucks lies will only do what it take to make their numbers look good does not care about employee shows favoritism to those they can control
Pros
great place to learn
Cons
cut thoat
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 12, 2018
I enjoyed working for Roto Rooter. I learned a lot from dispatching, how to operate GPS, reading a map correctly, and just communing with the plumbers on a daily basis.
its ok
Apprentice Plumber (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 11, 2018
its ok, long process of learning the skills of a plumber. Sometimes the hours can be long, but typically I had at least two days off. management is a bit unorganized
productive, fun, happy
C.S.R/Data Entry/Dispatch (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAFebruary 11, 2018
Roto rooter is 24 hours. you most likely wont work the night shift but the earliest you'll be in is 4/5 am and the latest 11 pm. Everyone is nice and you'll get snacks and lunches everyone once in awhile. Overtime is available occasionally(more than occasionally). You will advance but its hard because people in supervisor and management position will keep that position for awhile. If you go to school they will definitely consider you for corporate positions.
Pros
considerate, lunches, paid sick
Cons
late hours hard to grow
plumbing tech
Plumbing Technician (Former Employee) –  Mamaroneck, NYFebruary 3, 2018
I worked 40 hours a week sundays threw Thursday. from 10 to 6pm Mondays threw Thursday. sunday I worked 3pm to 11am. was on emergency calls after 11 until 3am.. pay was commission. summer season was always slow for the company. some days you might get two jobs a week. winter season was the busiest. time of the year.
Pros
more jobs the more money you make
Cons
slow work week your pay will be very little
Master Plumber (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAFebruary 3, 2018
Franchise I work for doesn't offer 401k or many other benefits. But they are great to work for as the atmosphere is very relaxed. Nothing to complain about.
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
No 401k
Omaha branch 507
Excavation sales (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 25, 2018
I'm currently work for Roto-Rooter for over 2 years now. The working environment is very laid-back and the managers at are branch really care about their employees there's a lot of room for growth and advancement in this company I would recommend this job to anyone wanting to make a good living.
Pros
Make great money without a degree
ok
Plumbing Technician (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAJanuary 23, 2018
i had the opportunity to work along side my father which was a great experience but the ability and room for advancement was little to none and the job was not worth the compensation.
Sales manager
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJanuary 17, 2018
Management is lost. Easy dismiss employees and don’t care about them what so ever. Management is always looking out for themselves. I would never work for this management team ever again
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Horrible management
Lacking Benefits, and family needs.
Apprentice plumber and Drain Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNJanuary 16, 2018
The job its self is not that bad, however unless you like working for no benefits, no paid time off, no nothing except for 7 unpaid personal days in 1 year this is a good job. They offer nothing i didn't even know about the 7 days off i can have in 1 year until about 3 months into it.

I also worked late every day, they promised i would be done by 5pm everyday and i was usually done between 6 and 7pm.

They promised a 1 year training for me, but let me go after 4 months because i apparently wasn't ready to go on my own yet.

25% of each job you do however once your on your own, otherwise only $15 an hour.
Pros
Good Co-workers.
Cons
No Benefits, no PTO, no vacation, no 401K
Co-Workes where Great to work with.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Roseburg, ORJanuary 10, 2018
Manager in Roseburg office was GREAT... Main Office In Coos Bay can not get out of there own way..... Very poorly Managed from Coos Bay Office. Owner is not involved with his company.
Pros
People
Cons
Poor Ownership
Great place but can be stressful
Administrative Assistant Brentwood (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, MOJanuary 10, 2018
I did alot there and they compensate for great work. Family atmosphere. I was the admin assistant to the ar rep. I dont have anything negative to say.
Enjoyable
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAJanuary 8, 2018
I truly enjoyed the people, position, and company. We work together as a team to make our company grow and excel in our field. Our company is relocating the office staff to another state.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Lack of communication from head quarters office
faced paced
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDJanuary 3, 2018
Could be very busy at times or could be slow. Had good benefits and willing to give overtime when available. good repor with management. Nice working environment.
Branch manager didn’t know what he was doing
Project Manager water restoration division (Former Employee) –  Carpinteria, CAJanuary 2, 2018
Branch Manager did not know what he was doing and was disrespectful. Other than that the company was a great company to work with. I would go back and work with them but not for that branch
Nice place to work
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Inglewood, CAJanuary 1, 2018
This was great place to work. I like my job just too far for me. Management was good. It was a very relaxed environment. I would go back if I lived closer.
Cons
It is a stratight foward service plumbing company
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Fife, WADecember 30, 2017
It is a good company to work for honest employees and employers. Safety is a very important at Roto-Rooter making sure every plumber, drain cleaner and water restorations technician makes it home.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Roto-Rooter Plumbing & Drain Service. Our community is ready to answer.