WHO WE ARE
RotoGrinders is a Nashville, TN company that builds research tools and content for the daily fantasy sports industry.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
Someone to join our Back-end development team who is passionate about web development and can complete lean and clean code. You excel in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment, and enjoy collaborating with your team members to get the job done.
If you love sports and can lay down quality code then this could be your dream job. If you don't like sports, but have mad coding skills, thrive in a competitive environment and want a real challenge then consider joining our team. You'll be working in a php MVC framework with memcache and mysql on the backend. Php experience is preferred, but this position is a good fit for any OO web developer. If you're ready to build high performance, scalable, maintainable and secure solutions for rotogrinders.com then send us your resume.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Successfully manage allotted work time within budget and project schedule
- Maintain and modify back-end web architecture and coding
- Assist with defining and maintaining code standards
- Program and maintain back-end code to those standards
- Collaborate with graphic design, user experience and development departments to maintain creative and efficient production processes.
- Contribute scalable, production-ready code for user-facing features
- Develop reusable application components
- Promote best practices for web user experience
- Develop superior technical solutions, keeping within usability guidelines and Web standards
- Research and introduce new technologies, integrating disparate systems and offering advanced solutions
- Keep current on new technologies and trends
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Minimum 4 years experience developing Object-Oriented web applications
- Thrives on high impact, high visibility projects and meets deadlines
- Ability to transform business requirements into technical solutions
- Easily recognizes system deficiencies and implements effective solutions
- Mentors team members and leads initiatives as assigned
- Enjoys working in a team environment managing multiple tasks, being self-sufficient and collaborative
- Strong analytical and business analysis skills
CREDENTIALS & EXPERIENCE
- Required: OOP Web development expierience
- Preferred: php, MVC, mysql, memcache, AJAX, JQuery, HTML5, CSS3
- Plus: Redis, GIT, Linux, apache, Ruby, Python, C++, Perl, REST
- Fun environment.
- Building fun tools for sports-related content.
- Flexibile hours.
- Ability to work from home.
- Location: Nashville, TN
- Compensation: 70,000 - 96,000 DOE
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
Indeed - 10 months ago