Round Rock Independent School District Employee Reviews

Good pay, supportive community
Resource & Interventionist (Former Employee) –  USAMay 16, 2017
Round Rock is a large district, so it can be easy to get lost in the shuffle, but most of the schools are a good place to work, and the students's attitudes are better than your average public school.
Pros
good pay
Cons
administrators are very stressed and some transfer it to staff
Avid: Fun but not many hours Subbing: Generally fine
AVID Tutor & Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXApril 6, 2017
AVID: You go into the classroom and run the AVID tutorial process with small groups of 3-4 typically with some light grading on site

Subbing: Watching various classes while teacher is out. Students typically behave decent although like to test boundaries with new faces, once established becomes even easier.
Pros
Work stays at work, can work as much or little as you want
Cons
when you sign up for a half day they often try to make you stay for the full day
School district that is too political
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXMarch 29, 2017
RRISD wants to look like a destination school district, and they pay big bucks to show themselves as such. Until you work there, you won't see what really goes on behind the fake smiles and sucking up; it starts from the top management. The district is too political and don't take care of their employees. There are a number of good employees but also a number of employees who are there only to make a paycheck.
Work is very challanging
Monitor on bus (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXNovember 25, 2016
Management was nice. The bus drivers were constantly quitting and going to other jobs. I worked with special needs children for 9 years (in Pflugerville and Round Rock) I just feel I need a change . I met some really nice people.Healg
Pros
Health Insurance was paid by the company.
Cons
Bus drivers Drivers were constantly leaving. I had several different drivers and new routes..
Great work/life balance
Parent/Community Specialist (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJuly 11, 2016
My work was part time and had flexible hours. Working with parents was a great part of the job. Not much opportunity for salary increase and job growth.
Math teacher job, co-workers give a lot of support
Math Teacher (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXMay 12, 2016
Very good job, work with great people and room for advancement. Co-workers are very helpful with lesson plans. The school works on block scheduling.
great job, minimal supervision.
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 14, 2016
the kids were great, the food was good,the principal was alright as long as she wasn't speaking to me. the assistant principal was wonderful. the assistant was my actual supervisor.
Rigor, high standards, excellence
Art Specialist (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXMarch 11, 2016
Fantastic school district with an amazing fine arts department, headed by very competent and highly repected professionals.
Top quality Distrcit in Texas
Teacher/Coach (Current Employee) –  McNeil High School, Austin, TXMay 4, 2015
Excellent Faculty and Administration. The support at my school (McNeil) is incredible and provides a platform for student success unlike any other!
Safe, nurturing environment.
Educational Assistant-Special Education (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXMarch 21, 2015
Safe, environment with people who care about their jobs and the children. There is job security as well as room for advancement, especially with further training or a degree.
Pros
Hours are great.
Cons
Pay is low.
This is a Great Job for a person that love working with Kids
Bus Aide (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJanuary 17, 2015
I enjoy Getting up early to go to my job. Working with kids there is never a dull moment. management is great and all the co-workers grow on you. This job is easy,
Rewarding place to work; amazing administration, staff and students
Office Specialist - SUCCESS High School (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXOctober 2, 2014
Very busy environment with continually changing tasks and employee/student needs.
Food Service Assistant
Food Service Assistant Temp (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TexasMay 21, 2014
I love working for this company. Everyone is super friendly and always willing to lend a hand. The staff and school that I was assigned to was great very loving and warm environment.
Wonderful Student Teaching Experience
Student Teacher (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 10, 2014
I gained valuable knowledge when I taught in both the high school and elementary school setting. My mentor teachers were encouraging, helpful, and instilled confidence in my teaching ability.
Execptional Students
Instructor - Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXNovember 19, 2013
Great students
Diverse Campuses
Strong Academics
Extra-curricular opportunities
RRISD is a great school district to work for if you love doing what's good for students.
School Counselor (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TSOctober 14, 2013
Round Rock ISD always considers what is in the best interest of the students we serve.
Pros
College and career prep programs are available for students
Cons
N/a
fast paced learning environment, positive work environment
teacher (Former Employee) –  Round Rock , TexasOctober 6, 2013
Throughout the various positions I have held in the education field for the past 18 years, I have continued to learn more each day.
Fantastic place to work
Curriculum Coach & Interventionist (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXSeptember 9, 2013
Worked for a decade with RRISD. Enjoyed my time as a teacher and interventionist. Bluebonnet Elementary will always have a special place in my heat.
A great place to serve the community
Bilingual Special Education Assistant (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXAugust 23, 2013
The fast pace of the job is a real plus, the days go by fast, and the employees are valued and acknowledged. I enjoy my co-workers enormously.

The most positive thing about the job is that we're constantly learning, and we're constantly challenged by the administration, to strive to be better and to serve others better.

The hardest part is that the atmosphere in any given campus can be heavenly or toxic, depending on who your administrator is.
Pros
Healthcare and Generous Benefits
Cons
Little or no opportunity for advancement
It was satisfying and at times overwelming. Very Convienent.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 22, 2013
Started my day at 7:40AM ended at 2:45PM. Did inclusion, mentoring and interventions. Co-workers were extremely helpful and understanding. Management was great. Got a lot of smiles.
Hardest part was consoling a child who is crying for no reason.