Round Rock Medical Center Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Worse job I ever had
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXApril 26, 2016
Worked here for over 2 years, and as a nurse it was the worse job environment Ive worked in. Management was very bad, staffing was very low compromising patient safety and led to many nurses quitting. Maybe its because its a for-profit hospital, but staffing was always low and compared to other hospitals in the area the pay was low too. To make things worse, nurses were so stressed there was alot of bullying going on. Im so glad I left.
Productive and fun place to work
Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) (Former Employee) –  St David's Round Rock Medical CenterFebruary 9, 2016
I am a traveler working for Parallon and St David's Round Rock .I work in Respiratory Therapy where a lot of action is.This hospital has a very friendly ,accommodating ,professional staff of workers who work as a team to provide the best care to patients.
I don't have the benefits that HCA provides to their full time employees but I can see how their workers enjoy them.
Working here has been a pleasure!
Pros
Good benefits, friendly working atmosphere, Great place to work.
Cons
Housing is expensive in the area.
Parallon (Central Texas) is not a good group to work for
NAMC (Former Employee) –  MaterialsOctober 26, 2015
The Parallon management Leadership were dishonest, shady, and uncaring. This does not reflect on St David's management who seemed to have their business in order. If you are thinking about going to work for Parallon, really research the company and management leading the organization. Ask for engagement survey results. This would be a good indicator for you. The turnover has been high and there is a reason for this. Not disgruntled, just honest! Could be good company with right management.
Micro managed, tattle tail culture, back stabbing
RN (Former Employee) –  med/surgJuly 9, 2015
If you like to followed around, dragged into the directors office on a weekly basis away from your needy patients this is the place for you. They manage their nurses and staff by intimidation and then give them a candy bar so they young green horns will keep their mouth shut.

The turn over here is tremendous and its the director and management team not to RNs you work with. Everyone is afraid of losing their job. And the team leaders can't be trusted either they are all scrabbling to save their jobs. You are followed daily and pulled aside over petty issues that the manager created in his head. And don't you dare be critical of management or you will be a target for paper and pen. Just say YES and run, because your best isn't good enough. Beware asking for reference from that team.No real support for the nurse with the challenges they face from patients.

Upper management seem to have their head in the clouds about what is going on in that floor.
Pros
its a job that it, lunch if you get one
Cons
rarely a break no one to relieve you, management, climbers to save their job
Excellent staff and upbeat environment
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Medical/Surgical/Orthopedic unitMay 20, 2015
I am the "air traffic controller" for the unit, I keep the front office working efficiently while dealing with patients, family members, Doctors, Nurses, PCT's and heavy phones and patient call lights,. I have learned much about dealing with a patient's and their families concerns on a daily basis as well as how to stay compliant regarding HIPPA regulations. The hardest part of my job is when we have an equipment or computer breakdown since we rely so heavily on them. However when this happens I resort to a backup system which gets us through. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to connect with so many people throughout my day and knowing that I am a key player in such an important field as health care.
My coworkers are highly qualified to do the work that they do and are wonderful people and caregivers as well. We are a great team. I enjoy the fact that I am an important support person to them which makes their jobs easier allowing them more time to spend with their patients. I feel fortunate to be part of such a wonderful team.
Pros
Excellent benefits, fine management, state of the art equipment, great people.
Cons
Low pay scale for the area and cost of living here.
Growing ER
Staff RN-Level II Trauma Center (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXFebruary 13, 2015
Round Rock was a great place to work. The ER continues to grow and adjust to the needs of the community. The teamwork between physicians and nurses was very good.
close net family feeling
Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXFebruary 7, 2015
I have learned alot over the last 13 years I have worked at RRMC . Management is great .Co-workers are teamplayers if its RN to RN.
Pros
manager/supervisor caring and understanding
Cons
payscale
Exercise Specialist Training
Clinical Exercise Specialist (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXDecember 2, 2013
monitored ecg for signs of cardiovascular events. Used visual acuity to discern condition of individuals as they did cardiac rehabilitation.
Accomidating to family life. Great place to work!
Staff Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXOctober 23, 2013
Work flow manageable, staff friendly, helpful and caring.
Nursing
Registered Nurse Emergency Room (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJune 5, 2013
Employ some great nurses, good starting point for new nurse, I had great co-workers. Most enjoyable part of the job was the health care team.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Lacked organization
Not a bad place to work
Hospital Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXFebruary 13, 2013
Good place to work and I loved meeting and helping patients and the family members of patients
Productive place to work.
Birth Certificate Specialist (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXAugust 24, 2012
A learning experience.
Enjoyed co-workers we were like a family,helped each other when needed.
Hardest part of the job was getting un-wed parents together.
Most enjoyable part of the jobs was when baby's were born.
Pros
ice cream every other friday.
Cons
healthcare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Round Rock Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Round Rock Medical Center Reviews by Location