Round Table Pizza Employee Reviews

Round Table could be great again.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 6, 2017
When I first started our store manager was likely the best person I've ever worked for in my life, however since his departure from the company our management team has been one of the most disoriented and otherwise uncaring of their staff and customers that I have ever seen from a management team. If they were to completely start fresh with management here I think it could be a great place to work again.
Pros
50% discount on food while on shift, 25% while not.
Cons
no benefits.
Terrible management , corruption everywhere , lazy coworkers
Driver (Current Employee) –  Ripon, CADecember 2, 2017
People spend too much time blaming each other and being spiteful rather than doing their job or helping each other. No vacation , low pay, no benefits, the discount might as well not even count , because the food is so expensive.
Pros
Constantly smell like pizza.
Cons
Bad management. Bad coworkers. Lack of help. lack of communication. Too many lazy workers.
ok at best
Lancaster - Crew/Lead (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CADecember 1, 2017
The coworkers are friendly. Supervisors are great however the management is a laughing stock. from just texting in the corner even named "name's" corner. As well as an incompetent manager that does little at best. If you request a day off you will be punished by getting your hours cut until someone else requests something off. There are favorites.
Pros
Good people
Cons
bad management
Great first job
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Foothill Ranch, CADecember 1, 2017
Teaches valuable lessons for a first time employee to carry throughout their career. Good job for a student, tips help a lot and will initially spark interest in every employee.
Management is unprofessional
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 25, 2017
I would only recommend working here part time and not becoming a higher position. You don't get paid enough and they do not appreciate the employees at all.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Short break's, no vaction time, under paid
poor work environment
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CANovember 21, 2017
manager slacks off pushes all responcbilities off on the shift workers and never acknowledges them for not only completing their own work but also taking care of the other jobs thrown at them dose not follow rules or health codes
Honest Workplace
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CANovember 19, 2017
Making, baking, cutting, and delivering pizzas were my responsibility. I learned how the point of sale system works. Management was great they applied and helped the team when needed. The hardest part of the job was preping the raw onions; the most enjoyable part of the job was the workplace atmosphere.
Pros
Free Lunch
Laid back management
"Pizza Expert" I (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WANovember 14, 2017
When I worked there it was very laid back as in the management did not care about what the employees were doing. But it was stressful because I would have to do everything to please the customers that I should not have had to take on the responsibility being so new. I was scheduled for 35 hours and after I mentioned my frustrations to my manager she dropped my hours to 12 per week.
Pros
Great food and coworkers
Cons
No free meal
productive and fun place to work
Pizza Artist (Former Employee) –  Orland, CANovember 13, 2017
I loved the fast pace work environment. I loved being able to advance and learn new skills. Being able to serve others and bring a smile to their face was full filling.
Pros
fast paced
Cons
fast paced
fast paced work nice environment
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 8, 2017
good work place. nice people. awesome food. amazing garlic twists. i like working there. the manager at the time was rude. i would go back and recommend friends.
Cool new clubhouse
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Vacaville, CANovember 2, 2017
Family fun, clubhouse, sports pub, arcade, lots of food choices. Round table is a fun place to go to watch the game and hang out with friends and family
Pros
All of the games are played
Cons
Short staffed
When i became a supervisor, is when it started to go downhill.
Supervisor/Driver (Former Employee) –  Sonora, CANovember 2, 2017
A typical day as a worker here wasn't great at all. It manly was watching other slack off and out just let them do it. Never enough people on staff, was always ruining the store alone. Had to cover people constantly and the pay wasn't worth it. There is no higher position then a supervisor, which i think isn't right. I was a supervisor for almost a year and for about 6 months, i had been asking to no longer be one. And it never changed till i left this job.
Pros
Alot of hours
Cons
Never was able to go on breaks, then got written up for it. Never was heard, or helped out.
I was the owner of this franchise
Owner and operator of six Round Table Restaurants (Former Employee) –  Los Altos, CAOctober 31, 2017
There is nothing to say. I owned the restaurants for 25 years. When my leases came up for renewal, I decided not to continue. The business model changed too much, and it was difficult to survive.
Pros
Owner, full responsibility
Cons
Government rules and regulations became difficult to manage
Broken Promises
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pittsburg, CAOctober 25, 2017
This job is pretty simple for what it is, you make pizzas, answer phones and assist customers. The location you're at really makes or breaks the job. Most stores don't have a ton of issues with management or rude customers, but when there are issues, they're pretty noticeable. Mediocre HR department and corporate could care less about what is happening in the stores or what their awful management team is up to as long as they make a dollar. They short staff on purpose so their labor costs are low and offer the constant promise of promotion just to see nothing for all of your hard work.
Pros
401K, Simple tasks
Cons
Rarely get breaks, poor management and HR department, no accountability
Decent Job depending on coworkers and management
Delivery and Dish Washer (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAOctober 11, 2017
Busy times are during the evenings at the ends of the week. For a student going to school in the beginning of the week during the morning/day it is a decent job as a means to an end. The real deciding factor of how the job will be is heavily influenced by management.
Pros
Time off for school.
Cons
lack of breaks when it gets busy.
Part-time.
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, CAOctober 11, 2017
For this being a temporary job, I would recommend it to a high school or college student looking for a part time job to earn some decent cash. I would not recommend it to be able to pay bills.
Productive, fun place to work
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Menlo Park, CAOctober 5, 2017
This is the first restaurant I've worked at. So far it has been a great experience. Management here has been great. They are very flexible with the schedules, and overall a great place to work at.
Pros
Free lunches
Unexpectedly stressful, but the free pizzas were nice
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVOctober 2, 2017
90% of my problems with the job were caused by customer relations and the other 10% was the dinner rush, so my lower review has nothing to do with the company itself. My managers at Round Table were significantly more respectful and understanding towards their employees than the managers at every other job I've worked, and even the guy who came in from corporate treated everyone as if we were equals. Not to say they were in any way lenient. There were repercussions for people who were chronically late or truant and anyone who regularly disrespected management was fired, but as long as you came in on time and completed the tasks assigned to you the managers were like your friends. If I were to change anything about the job, it'd be the pay. All three of the managers agreed that minimum wage was way too low for the drivers and kitchen staff to be paid for all the work we would do.
Pros
Free personal pizza every day you work, occasionally a free medium that was prepared but not cooked for the daily buffet
Cons
Low pay, customers with unrealistic expectations, unceasing smell of warm cheese
fun place to work
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAOctober 2, 2017
people are friendly and you get to work with a great team. My crew members would work hard and stay focused while having a little fun. Assistant Manager was on top of everything and everyone loved him.
Pros
Wonderful co workers
Cons
smelling like pizza everyday
An educational experience, but I was glad when it ended
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 28, 2017
Working there taught me to work faster, which was something I was having trouble with, but it didn't take very long to learn everything about the place and I was soon bored.

Many of the employees were interesting people, but the manager made things difficult for everyone.

The least enjoyable part of the job was coming home smelling like pizza sauce every night, and frequently waking up to find that my boss had changed my schedule, and I was expected in early.

The boss was constantly changing rules on us, particularly concerning *when* old supplies should be thrown out.

Still, I doubt most round table managers are like that, and it was interesting while it lasted. I did learn several policies that I feel will help me later in life.
Pros
discounts on the best pizza ever, speed training
Cons
constantly shifting schedule, sports programs everywhere

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Round Table Pizza. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7