Round Table Pizza Employee Reviews

It's a chill job
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CANovember 29, 2016
You have to do a little bit of everything in this fast paced environment but for the most part it's a good job. As long as you learn all the recipes and keep busy, everyone will be content.
Pros
Free pizza
Cons
Little room for error
Good Part Time Job
Pizza Maker (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CANovember 21, 2016
I would clock in at a punctual time, and begin washing any dishes left in the three-compartment sink. Typically, i would work where I'm needed, meaning if there was a shortage of employees putting on toppings, i would assist. The manager was busy most of the time but had the necessary accomodations when i began working, and ensured that my fellow employees were helpful. The hardest part of working at Round Table was putting the right amount of cheese and toppings on the the dough. There was a scale we had to use to get the exact proportions on the pizza and at first i would put a little bit more than needed. Once the manager emphasized the importantance of scaling your ingredients, i quickly adjusted. I mainly enjoyed learning the menu, because i could take that knowledge, amongst other things, and use it in my own kitchen.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Not enough work hours as a minor
Great place to work. Owner is the best.
Delivery Driver/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Benicia, CANovember 16, 2016
Owner/operator is amazing. He was one of the best bosses I could have ever asked for. Always worked around my schedule. Managers were great and worked hard to help the rest of the crew do a wonderful job.
Round Table Pizza
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fernley, NVNovember 16, 2016
I used to love this job and I had fun meeting new exciting people who came through to order while they were on a wild adventure or just hungry. I lost alot of respect for co-workers and managers as they wouldnt wash their hands or wear gloves while prepping pizzas and cooking them.
I do believe they are now under new ownership so hopefully they are a bit more harsh on the rules.
Besides that this is an exciting first job for teens about to gradutate.
Great place to work for
Cashier/Pizza maker (Former Employee) –  Discovery Bay, CANovember 14, 2016
I loved making pizzas and interacting with the customers but again it was time to step up into the working field and see what else the world has to offer
Cons
short lunches, no insurance
Food Service
Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 9, 2016
Customer service and food service is fun when you start off at a young age. I am all about being a people person so dealing with customers and making sure the guest is happy was very important to me. I had a passion for food as well so this was a great start for a job to build experience and get my foot in the door to the food service industry.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Working on holidays and working random times.
It was a good first job
Hillsboro High School Community Action Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORNovember 8, 2016
Management was a bit immature, but I liked them. My coworkers were great. I learned how important good customer service is. I made a lot of pizzas and did a lot of dishes.
Pros
We could get 50% off our personal pizzas.
Cons
Lack of clear direction.
Fun family like coworker environment
Driver (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 3, 2016
A typical day at Round Table starts usually pretty slow, giving the coworkers the time to share how they are doing with one another in order to gain and build relationships with each other. We have relationships as if we were brothers and sisters sharing life experiences to better solidify our bonds. As the night progresses work picks up, from a simple pizza being made here and there, to our typical dinner rush. Depending whether it is a week night or weekend night our rushes can vary in how busy it gets. We believe team work makes the dream work. A value I will always keep with myself into my future work place. Working together as a unit gets the job done much faster and efficiently so that we keep our customers happy. When our rush ends for the night we all congratulate each other for making it through the rush and work together to clean everything up and close the store down for another wonderful day the following day.
its a start
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Citrus Heights, CANovember 1, 2016
This was one of my first jobs. If you're a student it is worth doing because the hours are flexible enough to have a day time school life while having a night time job life.
Fast-paced, friendly work environment
Senior Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAOctober 28, 2016
Round Table provides excellent customer service experience and the opportunity for career advancement based on work ethic instead of seniority. The company utilizes marketing plans that, when implemented, raise sales.
Pros
career advancement
Cons
constant relocation
I love working for this company
Dough Roller, Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Kīhei, HIOctober 19, 2016
I enjoy the work that I do there and the people are friendly and inviting. The pay and benefits are better then my last pizza gig. I respect that place. I'd recommend that job to anyone.
Pros
free drinks, 50% off employee discount, dental, medical
Twisted workplace
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WAOctober 16, 2016
It was a temporary job nothing I would want again. I would like for them to fix alot of the problems with how they were treating their workers. I didnt approve.
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
Short breaks
play music as you're closing
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Madera, CAOctober 10, 2016
When i first started working here at Round Table Pizza it was great to work there, they help you in any questions you have. The owner is very friendly and easy to communicate with.
There are a few employees who are not customer service and work friendly. They are very rude and criticizing. but for your lunch breaks you do get free food and soda on the plus side you get long hours there.
Pros
free lunch and friendly customers
Cons
Rude and criticizing supervisors
Round table
Server (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAOctober 9, 2016
When clocking in when I got to work I would start looking for boxes to fold. I would help in the kitchen with cutting the pizza and serving it to the customers table when it was ready. I enjoyed talking to customers when I was a cashier because I recognized people i knew.
Round table was aweful.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Elko, NVOctober 8, 2016
The food wasn't that good. Management was not ever at any point professional. Everyone hungout after work so there was always drama. I never had enough hours even though I was one of very few who worked hard.
Pros
It was a job
Cons
Management, hours, and the food was gross.
Great pizza difficult environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington StateOctober 5, 2016
Upper management is ok. Difficult to make labor without manager working a position.. high expectations for just ok pay. I feel like they hire a manager to manage but in reality they micro manage the manager. Labor must be kept low.. so difficult to satisfy customer if busier then forecast. They should allow little more labor scheduled and hold manager accountable for making correct labor based on business. Overall good company.
Pros
Can wear blue jeans good pizza
Cons
Grueling customers . Micro management from top. .
Productive work environment with friendly people
Crew Members / Server (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 30, 2016
Personally, I liked working for Round Table. It was full of helpful people that assisted me whenever I was struggling, the manager was always kind, and the other crew members were hard workers.
Pros
Free drinks, 60% discount on food for lunch break
Cons
For part time folks, you get a 10 min. break
Great for new workers or part-time
Dough Roller (Current Employee) –  Lakeport, CASeptember 29, 2016
Much like any fast food restaurant, Round Table pizza is easy work that can, at times, be frustrating, but never difficult. Having worked at two different locations, under two different franchisees, I can safely say that Round Table, despite their higher-than-average prices, has staying power and brand recognition; as long as you put a little effort into the job, you should have no trouble staying hired. Nights, weekends and holidays are a must for all employees, but otherwise getting a day off has never been difficult. You're not likely to get full time hours or benefits unless you make it to management, and I rarely saw management positions open. But if what you need is a side, temporary, or first job, RTP might be your best option.
Pros
Possiblity of tips, flexible schedule, easy work
Cons
Little to no full time, no benefits
Decent pizza with regular customer activity.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Spanaway, WASeptember 27, 2016
Has its ups and downs but management style isn't the best. Very friendly Coworkers but with the extreme prices of the food customers become uneasy with prices very often.
Pros
50% food only while working otherwise its 20%
Cons
Less than 20 hours in 2 weeks
Productive and slow
All positions (Former Employee) –  Claremont, CASeptember 22, 2016
Very slow environment to work in. Easy way to learn how to use a cashier, answer phone calls. Its a good first job. Lack of hours, due to slowness of the restaurant

2.8