Round Table Pizza Employee Reviews

Easy going workplace
Kitchen Staff/Delivery Driver/Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tierrasanta, CAFebruary 6, 2017
Interactively caring to customers' needs through taking orders and serving food. Properly preparing food in a pro-clean and healthy manner. Being an active team member and contributor with the kitchen staff. Delivering pizzas within the quote the customers are given. Fully engaged, supervising to make sure business objectives are consistently met.
Pros
half off lunches
Cons
no benefits for full time workers
A very under managed working place. Everyone got to do what they wanted. and everything was very crampped and hectic.
Dough Roller (Former Employee) –  Gardnerville, NVJanuary 15, 2017
My co-workers were hardworking and productive. Where as the supervisors were lazy just stood there didn't help the new trainers. Where the workers had to train on the fly. The hardest part of the job was when we ran out of dough and we had to make more even though we shouldn't have ran out of dough. The Management was under par the supervisors were late all the time. Our morning dough roller would always show up 40 minutes late. You would have too do his job until he got there even though it is not your job too do it.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
No Benifts, Split Shifts, and Short training
Good place to work as a first job if you want to enhance your skills in the food industry.
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAFebruary 4, 2017
The work place is friendly and kept as neatly as possible. The employees are always fun to work with and its always a good day working with them. It is a job that can sometime test your skills and your worth to the company.
Pros
Chance to move up in rank in the store. Achieve praise. Learn new skills.
Cons
not high enough pay moving up to management positions.
Amazing people and flexible hours.
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ORJanuary 25, 2017
Each shift is pretty similar as you prep, cook, and interact with customers who are all after a similar thing, a decent pizza at any possible discount. The team is usually very small so everyone knows everyone and management is not very removed from the rest of the associates. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with staffing as for some weeks it would literally only be a five or six person crew for the entire restaurant work week, so everyone had to pull intense hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was working shoulder to shoulder in the kitchen having a good time with fellow kitchen staff as we prepped and made orders.
Pros
Free food, flexible schedule, awesome people.
Cons
Drama with a small crew, very stressful, unknowledgeable store owner
Drive, Drive
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 8, 2017
Delivering pizza was pretty fun, but it depends on the neighborhood. I worked in a so-called "rough" neighborhood, where I was also raised in; so I knew the short cuts of the neighborhood to be on time, and were good with the drop offs. But you do have to bit the bullet on some of the customers with rude attitudes. Overall I enjoyed my boss and co-workers, hard work pays off.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Have to use own car
Fast paced and always busy
Lead Cashier (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAFebruary 10, 2017
- typical day is cleaning, helping customers, and answering phones
- Learned locations of items, coworkers, and duties
- management ok
- half of co workers prefer spanish over english and need a translator
- lenient when mistakes are made
Pros
free personal pizza
Cons
busy days understaffed, most likely leaving after scheduled time, usually do more than job describes
It was a fun environment and developed friendships with coworkers quickly. The work place is busy and wouldn't recommend if you can't handle stress.
Cashier and Kitchen (Former Employee) –  Campbell, CADecember 11, 2016
A typical day at work is always different because that's what happens in the food careers. The weekends and footfall days are always busy and the preparation is key. I learned everything from being a cashier in the front to in the back in kitchen services making the pizza and refilling the food. The co-workers are very friendly and it is important to work as a team to get orders done quickly. The hardest part of the job is the negative interactions with the customers, it is all about how you handle those situations. But in general it was a great experience and I enjoyed the day to day interaction with customers.
Pros
free food
Cons
Short breaks, depends on length of shift
Round Table Pizza
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fernley, NVNovember 16, 2016
I used to love this job and I had fun meeting new exciting people who came through to order while they were on a wild adventure or just hungry. I lost alot of respect for co-workers and managers as they wouldnt wash their hands or wear gloves while prepping pizzas and cooking them.
I do believe they are now under new ownership so hopefully they are a bit more harsh on the rules.
Besides that this is an exciting first job for teens about to gradutate.
Food Service
Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 9, 2016
Customer service and food service is fun when you start off at a young age. I am all about being a people person so dealing with customers and making sure the guest is happy was very important to me. I had a passion for food as well so this was a great start for a job to build experience and get my foot in the door to the food service industry.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Working on holidays and working random times.
play music as you're closing
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Madera, CAOctober 10, 2016
When i first started working here at Round Table Pizza it was great to work there, they help you in any questions you have. The owner is very friendly and easy to communicate with.
There are a few employees who are not customer service and work friendly. They are very rude and criticizing. but for your lunch breaks you do get free food and soda on the plus side you get long hours there.
Pros
free lunch and friendly customers
Cons
Rude and criticizing supervisors
Good Part Time Job
Pizza Maker (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CANovember 21, 2016
I would clock in at a punctual time, and begin washing any dishes left in the three-compartment sink. Typically, i would work where I'm needed, meaning if there was a shortage of employees putting on toppings, i would assist. The manager was busy most of the time but had the necessary accomodations when i began working, and ensured that my fellow employees were helpful. The hardest part of working at Round Table was putting the right amount of cheese and toppings on the the dough. There was a scale we had to use to get the exact proportions on the pizza and at first i would put a little bit more than needed. Once the manager emphasized the importantance of scaling your ingredients, i quickly adjusted. I mainly enjoyed learning the menu, because i could take that knowledge, amongst other things, and use it in my own kitchen.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Not enough work hours as a minor
Great pizza difficult environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington StateOctober 5, 2016
Upper management is ok. Difficult to make labor without manager working a position.. high expectations for just ok pay. I feel like they hire a manager to manage but in reality they micro manage the manager. Labor must be kept low.. so difficult to satisfy customer if busier then forecast. They should allow little more labor scheduled and hold manager accountable for making correct labor based on business. Overall good company.
Pros
Can wear blue jeans good pizza
Cons
Grueling customers . Micro management from top. .
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Manteca, CAJanuary 29, 2017
It was okay. Was my first job, enjoyed there but unfortunately lost the opportunity to move up from holding a sign and other minor work. Got too comfortable, but it's really a great place to work and highly recommend it for any person looking for a lasting temporary career.
Pros
It was okay
Cons
It was okay
Great for new workers or part-time
Dough Roller (Current Employee) –  Lakeport, CASeptember 29, 2016
Much like any fast food restaurant, Round Table pizza is easy work that can, at times, be frustrating, but never difficult. Having worked at two different locations, under two different franchisees, I can safely say that Round Table, despite their higher-than-average prices, has staying power and brand recognition; as long as you put a little effort into the job, you should have no trouble staying hired. Nights, weekends and holidays are a must for all employees, but otherwise getting a day off has never been difficult. You're not likely to get full time hours or benefits unless you make it to management, and I rarely saw management positions open. But if what you need is a side, temporary, or first job, RTP might be your best option.
Pros
Possiblity of tips, flexible schedule, easy work
Cons
Little to no full time, no benefits
Great Job
Crew (Former Employee) –  Fortuna, CAJanuary 18, 2017
This was a fast paced job. Definitley no time for sitting around. Great people to work with coworkers and management included. This was not a hard job but I was pregnant at the time so some requirements were hard on me. My favorite part of this job was that they treat you like family.
Relax Place to work at
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Clovis, CAFebruary 16, 2017
If you Love pizza this is the place for you. They provide good tips for drivers and cashiers. The customers are always hungry here so expect to be on your toes when lunch rush hits. overall good place to work
Pros
good tips
Cons
smell like pizza after shift
loved working for them.
Cashier, waitress, delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Hermosa Beach, CAFebruary 5, 2017
Loved working at Round Table. Made wonderful tips and great employees. every one is super nice and helpful. hardly get any bad customers. food is very delicious and they will work with your schedule
Pros
Make great money
Cons
Managment
Fun job
Delivery Driver in East Vancouver (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJanuary 24, 2017
I had amazing customers and management was always there helping. I learned how to navigate and deal with conflicts. I always had fun with my co-workers.
Pros
Laid back environment, work ethic rewarded
Cons
Turnover rates caused a lot of inexperence
Fast-paced, friendly work environment
Senior Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAOctober 28, 2016
Round Table provides excellent customer service experience and the opportunity for career advancement based on work ethic instead of seniority. The company utilizes marketing plans that, when implemented, raise sales.
Pros
career advancement
Cons
constant relocation
great for a first job.
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 3, 2017
I've learned a lot for round table from cashiering to pizza making to customer service. mangers are normally really happy to see you. The hardest part of the job to me was answering phones and learning cashiering.
Pros
discounted food
Cons
minimal hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Round Table Pizza. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8