Round Table Pizza Employee Reviews in United States

enjoyable co workers
Cashier/Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CAJuly 12, 2016
typical day involved pizza making/cashier duties and front of the house duties. I learned how to handle money as well as how to operate a touch screen cashier monitor as well as customer service. Co workers were sociable but also immature at times. Hardest part was being left alone to do multiple things when i got busy and there was no help.
Pros
Easy work, sociable coworkers
Cons
no benefits, no pay increase, no job advancement, poor hours and pay
Round Table Pizza
Front Counter Cashier (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJune 4, 2016
Round table was a great first job to start out with, ever since the original owner passed away and the new management took over. The restaurant closed down and moved to a downstairs food court. Ever since the move and being under the new management, a lot of things changed. The only thing that kept me motivated to come in were the customers.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Management, No promotions, Little respect
Friendly work environment, no benefits, no security
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Claremont, CAMay 17, 2016
Work is what you make of it. It can be fun or boring.
I learned that I do not want to spend more than a few months here because there is no room for advancement.
Management is very friendly. Coworkers vary in attitudes from grumpy to happy.
The hardest part of the job is knowing there is no room to advance in life.
The smell of delicious pizza and some customers can make your day.
Pros
Free lunches, all you can eat pizza and salad
Cons
short breaks, no benefits, minimum wage
Good times, but not a promising future.
Pizza chef and dish washer (Former Employee) –  Woodland, CAApril 28, 2016
In this job, my primary responsibility was wash the dishes. I occasionally helped make the pizzas. I worked with a good crew, but there was no room for advancement unless you became a manager. I enjoyed making my own food during my lunch breaks.
Pros
Make your own food and get familiar with the work environment outside of High School
Cons
Pays not that great and no room for advancement.
Fun Workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CAJuly 12, 2016
Great environment fun place to work at ETC, typical day at work I would greet everyone a good day and make it a easy place to work in what I learn about is measuring ingredients for the pizza, I manage to get the pizza on time with the team and co workers the hardest part of the job
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
15 minutes
great customers
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMay 21, 2016
The customers are great! It is hard work even when busy so much stuff goes into it. i like learning so it was not an issue. The only thing is that the wages are low and even when you help the company grow they do not give raises.It feels like your not being appreciated.
Pros
Great people
Cons
wages don't go up even when you help them grow
Honest work
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJuly 19, 2016
Ok honestly enjoyed working for the last honest pizza. Sure it was fast paced and challenging at times but overall the people, work enviroment and management where all professional and fun to work with.
Pros
EMPLOYEE DISCOUNTS, POSITIVE WORK ENVIROMENT
Cons
GRUELING COSTUMERS, FAST PASTE
dough roller 3848 mchenry modesto ca
Dough Roller (Former Employee) –  3848 Mchenry Ave Modesto, CAMay 10, 2016
never advanced was not given the raise promised after 2 years of 9.75 which is starting for rollers in 2013 did go up $1 cause min wage. manager always wants more and more each day. always talking to u like u are nothing. manager dont care about employers
Cons
no free lunch unless u are liked or steal it
Fun work place with friendly staff
Kitchen Worker (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 1, 2016
I worked for Round Table pizza while I was in High School and it was a lot of fun! I did not work there for very long but I remember learning how to deal with certain types of people who had completely different personalities, which came with patients. A typical day would be cashiering, preparing pizzas and toppings, table service and table clearing, processing orders over the telephone and computer. Hardest part of this job was the pay, it was i was only making $8.00 part time. The most enjoyable part of this job was the experience.
Pros
discounted pizza, arcade, staff
Cons
making $8.00 part time
Great atmosphere and nice people
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 24, 2016
I was a supervisor at Round table for almost a year. I would deliver, make up pizzas, do inventory, and create the dough for the day. It taught me management skills such as delegation, being prepared, and customer service.
Pros
Free lunch, Great boss, Fun atmosphere
Cons
Unrelable schedule, low hours, low pay
Not a good place to work
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Visalia CaliforniaJuly 27, 2016
No teamwork here, there was always some sort of drama going on and management didn't do nothing about it. Manager was lazy and would always go to the bank during a busy lunch rush like really you just went to the bank!!!! Miserable place!!!
Poor work crew, management could be better, benefits should be better.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Visalia, CAJuly 10, 2016
Management expects too much out of the crew and gets mad when they do not complete their tasks but they do not take how busy it gets during the day, they do not take that into consideration.
Great first job expirence
Pizza Maker (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKFebruary 10, 2016
I was the cook and making the pizzas. The first time to see a rush come threw a work place. Being the only cook was a lot of pressure. My boss would have to come help a couple of times just to keep up with all the orders. After awhile I was able to get a rhythm down and stayed on top of the orders even threw events that we would have. Then I learned how to make doe and cut the pizza perfectly.
Pros
I got smoke breaks being only 16
Cons
I didnt have glasses
A usual day.
DELIVERY DRIVER (Current Employee) –  1180 El CaminoAugust 6, 2016
When I am at work it is always busy. I have to do drive and be helping in the store. With dishes and other thing busing the tables taking reservations. Other times I am attentive to the customers needs.
Pros
Exciting people
Cons
No benefits
One of the top franchises
Franchise Owner (Current Employee) –  Chatswoth, CAJuly 13, 2016
Good company with lot of support from the corporation. Great quality product. Continues to grow to a very fast rate. Good marketing tactics. Company loves to give back to the local community and charity.
Gave me good customer service skills
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 27, 2016
Developed a good worth ethic, worked as a team. Learned to deal with issues in a fast paced environment. As a manager i learned to deal with conflict in the work place.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Need to start making more money
productive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  HaywardJune 30, 2016
The job was pretty simple, however fridays and the weekends were the busiest. The hardest part of the job is getting backed up orders due to high business with poor communication between workers.
My first store opening
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJanuary 20, 2016
A typical day at work was train all employee new hires on policy, process and procedures. It was an new store that was just opening their door. They had all the other newly hired employee including me at the other stores training for a few days before they open up their new store. But none of the other new trainees knew how to do a proper opening and closing but me. So a few of us were call to come in early on Wednesday that day so we could put the equipment in the new store and getting ready for the Friday official opening. We had just finish putting everything away and off. That was when i was call back to the store because they had decide to do a soft opening that same night and none of the new trained employee but me knew how to set up the all per work for opening and closing the of the store.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
not enough work hours
25 % discount on pizza and free drinks
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Santee, CAApril 6, 2016
Hands on experience with customers. A typical day included greeting guests, answering phones, making pizzas, busing tables, and washing dishes. I got to deal a lot with face to face encounters and serving people up front.
good job
Dough Maker (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAJune 22, 2016
Great atmosphere with helpful staff. I learned a lot working here. I enjoyed working with the customers. They were great with the hours that they offered. I was able to work over time if needed.

2.8