Round Table Pizza Employee Reviews in United States

Great staff, awesome place to work, and vast opportunities to learn.
Supervisor in Training (Current Employee) –  Rocklin, CAOctober 6, 2015
A typical day includes hours of food preparation before opening which include, chopping vegetables, mixing dough and sauce, as well as rolling large amounts of dough through a machine in order to cut enough pizza skins for that day. While working at Round Table Pizza I have learned the ins and outs of daily operations of the restaurant. How often to put orders into our suppliers, the process of receiving and accounting for inventory, how to properly deliver a consistent product to customers, and how to deliver a standard of professionalism when serving customers, whether over the phone or in person. Management and coworkers consists of people who are the best at what they do, provide the same level of customer service previously mentioned, and are an absolute pleasure to work with. The hardest part of the job is the monetary compensation, the most enjoyable part of this job is the learning experience that comes with providing customer service to such a wide range of customer.
Pros
Learning experience, great work environment.
Cons
Low monetary compensation
Don't Do It
Crew Leader/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 17, 2016
My particular location started out with wonderful management, but when my original manager left, her replacement was kind of a pushover.
My store was a constant mess. We had a bug infestation for months. To clean the floors, we dumped tubs of hot, soapy water on the floor. I got paid minimum wage to run the kitchen alone for hours at a time, making pizzas and cooking them, start to finish, without any help. Delivery drivers get paid $1.25/delivery instead of per mile. Cashiers didn't get credit card tips because the tip line was removed from the receipts. We got burned and slipped almost every day. I got sick and was punished for calling out of work.
The only thing that made everything worth keeping that job was my coworkers. We became great friends and tried to make the best of every situation. The prices of the pizza went up every year I worked there, so eventually the cheap pizza became not so cheap.
Pros
Cheap pizza, great coworkers that became friends
Cons
10 minute breaks, constant slip risks, constant burn risks, pizza sauce stains on everything, managers yell a lot, customers are impatient
It is a nice place to work. Fast Paced
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAMarch 9, 2016
I like working at Round Table. It is a fun place to work. Our employees are great. It is a fast paced job. You need to be on your toes at all times. We are an extremely busy store.
Cons
Slim on the Benefits
Fun work place with friendly staff
Kitchen Worker (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 1, 2016
I worked for Round Table pizza while I was in High School and it was a lot of fun! I did not work there for very long but I remember learning how to deal with certain types of people who had completely different personalities, which came with patients. A typical day would be cashiering, preparing pizzas and toppings, table service and table clearing, processing orders over the telephone and computer. Hardest part of this job was the pay, it was i was only making $8.00 part time. The most enjoyable part of this job was the experience.
Pros
discounted pizza, arcade, staff
Cons
making $8.00 part time
Friendly work environment, no benefits, no security
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Claremont, CAMay 17, 2016
Work is what you make of it. It can be fun or boring.
I learned that I do not want to spend more than a few months here because there is no room for advancement.
Management is very friendly. Coworkers vary in attitudes from grumpy to happy.
The hardest part of the job is knowing there is no room to advance in life.
The smell of delicious pizza and some customers can make your day.
Pros
Free lunches, all you can eat pizza and salad
Cons
short breaks, no benefits, minimum wage
My first store opening
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJanuary 20, 2016
A typical day at work was train all employee new hires on policy, process and procedures. It was an new store that was just opening their door. They had all the other newly hired employee including me at the other stores training for a few days before they open up their new store. But none of the other new trainees knew how to do a proper opening and closing but me. So a few of us were call to come in early on Wednesday that day so we could put the equipment in the new store and getting ready for the Friday official opening. We had just finish putting everything away and off. That was when i was call back to the store because they had decide to do a soft opening that same night and none of the new trained employee but me knew how to set up the all per work for opening and closing the of the store.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
not enough work hours
productive work place
Cook and Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Spanaway, WANovember 1, 2015
This company was great but the benefits and management were a con. I enjoyed my hours and some of the fellow employees. Descent pay.
not a good place to work
Dough Maker (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 22, 2016
Not a good place to work if you have bills to pay. They don't give any one enough hours.I would never go back.Management Are not good people to be working for.
Good work environment and hours
delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Susanville, CANovember 2, 2015
Good work place with efficient supervisors and staff. All staff was very helpful in training and was easy to meet new people. Procedures where well enforced and if any problem arouse management had a good way to handle things. The enjoyable part of this job was the getting to work with friendly co-workers. With this job nothing changed with time and went through relatively the same procedures every shift.
Pros
discount on food and good scheduling
Cons
left work late
okay place to work, not very organized. okay hours
Customer Service, (Former Employee) –  Yuba City, CAFebruary 2, 2016
really didnt do or leran as much. they put me in the back to just make dough other than that, the management and everyone else did their own things in the front.
Fun and fast paced enviroment
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CASeptember 24, 2015
A day at RoundTable would include working very quickly to process orders and answer many phone lines. Consistently training employees and making sure that the restaurant stays clean and organized. I have learned most of my customer service and management skills working for RoundTable. Management is very precise and consistent with evaluating and training. My coworkers at the time of employment were very fun and a little challenging to work with considering most of the employees were young children and this would be considered their first official job. The hardest part of the job was trying to train someone who was not very interested in learning anything new. One thing that I did enjoy most about my position with RoundTable was my customer interaction and building relationships with my "regulars".
Pros
The opportunity i got to participate in activities for marketing outside of the office.
Cons
There was not much incentive along with very little opportunity for wage increase.
Round Table Pizza
Front Counter Cashier (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJune 4, 2016
Round table was a great first job to start out with, ever since the original owner passed away and the new management took over. The restaurant closed down and moved to a downstairs food court. Ever since the move and being under the new management, a lot of things changed. The only thing that kept me motivated to come in were the customers.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Management, No promotions, Little respect
Good times, but not a promising future.
Pizza chef and dish washer (Former Employee) –  Woodland, CAApril 28, 2016
In this job, my primary responsibility was wash the dishes. I occasionally helped make the pizzas. I worked with a good crew, but there was no room for advancement unless you became a manager. I enjoyed making my own food during my lunch breaks.
Pros
Make your own food and get familiar with the work environment outside of High School
Cons
Pays not that great and no room for advancement.
wonderful place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Benicia, CAJune 9, 2016
A typical day at work at Round Table Pizza would be coming in at 9AM and starting prep work, getting the restaurant in order and being ready to open at 11AM. Making sure my staff members are preforming duties correctly and efficiently while I handle bookkeeping and any possible maintenance needing to be done that morning. I've learned so much in the four years I've worked here, from cleaning tables starting out to rolling pizza dough, to managing the entire restaurant. Working in any kind of retail job position really helps interpersonal skills and dealing with any customer need first hand, Ive learned to be able to accommodate just about any customer need or concern. I absolutely love my boss and coworkers, its a very friendly and family oriented environment which makes it very easy going to work there. The hardest part of the job for me is being short handed, and to fix that, I briefly explain to the customer as to whats going on and simply up the wait time according to the size of the order. The best part of the job is getting calls back from a delivery or take out saying how wonderful their pizza was and how happy they were about the quality of their order, and efficiency of the order being placed.
Pros
free lunches, accomidating any schedule change
Cons
no benifits
Easy-going work place.
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 10, 2015
Great environment to work at as it is on campus. Management is easy-going. Everyone gets along well and are always of big help. There are a few busy hours here and there, but that's typical of a on campus restaurant.
Pros
60% employee discount.
Cons
No raise.
great work enviorment
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Poway, CADecember 26, 2015
retired from Round Table due to an automobile accident that left me unable to return to the company. Very well run organaization
Pros
more than acceptable compensation
great customers
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMay 21, 2016
The customers are great! It is hard work even when busy so much stuff goes into it. i like learning so it was not an issue. The only thing is that the wages are low and even when you help the company grow they do not give raises.It feels like your not being appreciated.
Pros
Great people
Cons
wages don't go up even when you help them grow
dough roller 3848 mchenry modesto ca
Dough Roller (Former Employee) –  3848 Mchenry Ave Modesto, CAMay 10, 2016
never advanced was not given the raise promised after 2 years of 9.75 which is starting for rollers in 2013 did go up $1 cause min wage. manager always wants more and more each day. always talking to u like u are nothing. manager dont care about employers
Cons
no free lunch unless u are liked or steal it
Great first job expirence
Pizza Maker (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKFebruary 10, 2016
I was the cook and making the pizzas. The first time to see a rush come threw a work place. Being the only cook was a lot of pressure. My boss would have to come help a couple of times just to keep up with all the orders. After awhile I was able to get a rhythm down and stayed on top of the orders even threw events that we would have. Then I learned how to make doe and cut the pizza perfectly.
Pros
I got smoke breaks being only 16
Cons
I didnt have glasses
Great atmosphere and nice people
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 24, 2016
I was a supervisor at Round table for almost a year. I would deliver, make up pizzas, do inventory, and create the dough for the day. It taught me management skills such as delegation, being prepared, and customer service.
Pros
Free lunch, Great boss, Fun atmosphere
Cons
Unrelable schedule, low hours, low pay