Round Table Pizza Employee Reviews

Lack of professionalism
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  WAJanuary 19, 2017
Lack of professionalism by both management and owners. Could be a great place if they could remember it's a business not a high school.
Great Job
Crew (Former Employee) –  Fortuna, CAJanuary 18, 2017
This was a fast paced job. Definitley no time for sitting around. Great people to work with coworkers and management included. This was not a hard job but I was pregnant at the time so some requirements were hard on me. My favorite part of this job was that they treat you like family.
A very under managed working place. Everyone got to do what they wanted. and everything was very crampped and hectic.
Dough Roller (Former Employee) –  Gardnerville, NVJanuary 15, 2017
My co-workers were hardworking and productive. Where as the supervisors were lazy just stood there didn't help the new trainers. Where the workers had to train on the fly. The hardest part of the job was when we ran out of dough and we had to make more even though we shouldn't have ran out of dough. The Management was under par the supervisors were late all the time. Our morning dough roller would always show up 40 minutes late. You would have too do his job until he got there even though it is not your job too do it.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
No Benifts, Split Shifts, and Short training
Fun
Kitchen (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 13, 2017
Dope place to work, at least the one i was at. Made pizzas, kept the place clean, did dishes, everyone put in the same amount of effort, most enjoyable part of the job was helping people and seeing a smile on there face afterwards.
Pros
Free Lunch!
round table pizza is a fun place to work and has a great work atmosphere.
Dough Roller (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAJanuary 11, 2017
working for this company has its ups and downs and is sometimes difficult. working here you have to be fast-paced and be able to do different tasks.
Pros
free drinks and discounts on food.
Cons
N/A
Slow
Casher (Former Employee) –  Dublin, CAJanuary 8, 2017
Its a very clean work place , management is okay thrre. Round table is really serious about customer service and staying very clean
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Slow
Drive, Drive
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 8, 2017
Delivering pizza was pretty fun, but it depends on the neighborhood. I worked in a so-called "rough" neighborhood, where I was also raised in; so I knew the short cuts of the neighborhood to be on time, and were good with the drop offs. But you do have to bit the bullet on some of the customers with rude attitudes. Overall I enjoyed my boss and co-workers, hard work pays off.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Have to use own car
High volume
General Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 7, 2017
Fun environment
Fast paced
Family oriented
Flexible hours
Customer service on point
Employees will work best if they are appreciated
fun, busy,
Delivery Driver, cashier, cleaner (Former Employee) –  Watsonville, CAJanuary 2, 2017
It was very fun to work in this environment. Unfortunately just like any other job there were days in which it was very busy and loud. Overall, I would recommend this workplace.
Long hard days.
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDDecember 30, 2016
As a manager my days were 10-12 hours, 5-5 1/2 days a week. I was accountable for all restaurant activity. I hired and trained all my own staff.
Time management was crucial to meet the deadlines. I learned how to develop a business plan, create a profit and loss statement,
The hardest part of the job was the upper management would come up from California where headquarters were located and expect the performance of units here to preform as units in other parts of the country. Not everything works the same everywhere. Prices and coupons do not work the same across the board.
The local unit team managers were great, they would help each other any way possible.
Every year there was a company wide business conference in a very enjoyable place like San Francisco, Las Vegas & Palm Springs. These were just downright fun and informational.
Pros
Compensation & health insurance
Cons
Upper management, located in California did not understand the local economy, tried to apply what works in other places to here, as local unit managers we could not bring them to understand or see the issues

Want to know more about Round Table Pizza?

Ask a question
it was a great experance
Front End Clerk (Current Employee) –  Half Moon Bay, CADecember 21, 2016
its was awsome. i got along with all my co workers and my boss. if i had the chance to go back to round table i would i had such a fun experiance working their .'
Amazing place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CADecember 13, 2016
So much fun to make pizzas and talk to customers and just a good vibe all around never had any issues with any co workers or customers.
enjoyable place to work
Cook (Current Employee) –  Richland, WADecember 11, 2016
you mainly make pizzas and clean the kitchen during your whole shift. overall my co-works help out a lot and you're never expected to do everything by yourself .
Pros
work with a team
Cons
fast paced
It was a fun environment and developed friendships with coworkers quickly. The work place is busy and wouldn't recommend if you can't handle stress.
Cashier and Kitchen (Former Employee) –  Campbell, CADecember 11, 2016
A typical day at work is always different because that's what happens in the food careers. The weekends and footfall days are always busy and the preparation is key. I learned everything from being a cashier in the front to in the back in kitchen services making the pizza and refilling the food. The co-workers are very friendly and it is important to work as a team to get orders done quickly. The hardest part of the job is the negative interactions with the customers, it is all about how you handle those situations. But in general it was a great experience and I enjoyed the day to day interaction with customers.
Pros
free food
Cons
Short breaks, depends on length of shift
Fun and Productive environment
Crew Leader (Current Employee) –  Richland, WA 99352November 30, 2016
Managers and crew are always in a good, fun mood. We all get along and work very well together, which is one of my favorite parts about my job.
Pros
Flexible hours if needed
Cons
Part-Time only
It's a chill job
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CANovember 29, 2016
You have to do a little bit of everything in this fast paced environment but for the most part it's a good job. As long as you learn all the recipes and keep busy, everyone will be content.
Pros
Free pizza
Cons
Little room for error
Good Part Time Job
Pizza Maker (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CANovember 21, 2016
I would clock in at a punctual time, and begin washing any dishes left in the three-compartment sink. Typically, i would work where I'm needed, meaning if there was a shortage of employees putting on toppings, i would assist. The manager was busy most of the time but had the necessary accomodations when i began working, and ensured that my fellow employees were helpful. The hardest part of working at Round Table was putting the right amount of cheese and toppings on the the dough. There was a scale we had to use to get the exact proportions on the pizza and at first i would put a little bit more than needed. Once the manager emphasized the importantance of scaling your ingredients, i quickly adjusted. I mainly enjoyed learning the menu, because i could take that knowledge, amongst other things, and use it in my own kitchen.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Not enough work hours as a minor
Great place to work. Owner is the best.
Delivery Driver/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Benicia, CANovember 16, 2016
Owner/operator is amazing. He was one of the best bosses I could have ever asked for. Always worked around my schedule. Managers were great and worked hard to help the rest of the crew do a wonderful job.
Round Table Pizza
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fernley, NVNovember 16, 2016
I used to love this job and I had fun meeting new exciting people who came through to order while they were on a wild adventure or just hungry. I lost alot of respect for co-workers and managers as they wouldnt wash their hands or wear gloves while prepping pizzas and cooking them.
I do believe they are now under new ownership so hopefully they are a bit more harsh on the rules.
Besides that this is an exciting first job for teens about to gradutate.
Great place to work for
Cashier/Pizza maker (Former Employee) –  Discovery Bay, CANovember 14, 2016
I loved making pizzas and interacting with the customers but again it was time to step up into the working field and see what else the world has to offer
Cons
short lunches, no insurance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Round Table Pizza. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8