Round Table Pizza Employee Reviews

Great first job expirence
Pizza Maker (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKFebruary 10, 2016
I was the cook and making the pizzas. The first time to see a rush come threw a work place. Being the only cook was a lot of pressure. My boss would have to come help a couple of times just to keep up with all the orders. After awhile I was able to get a rhythm down and stayed on top of the orders even threw events that we would have. Then I learned how to make doe and cut the pizza perfectly.
Pros
I got smoke breaks being only 16
Cons
I didnt have glasses
okay place to work, not very organized. okay hours
Customer Service, (Former Employee) –  Yuba City, CAFebruary 2, 2016
really didnt do or leran as much. they put me in the back to just make dough other than that, the management and everyone else did their own things in the front.
Well-laid out planning and schedule.
Baker (Former Employee) –  San Luis Obispo, CAJanuary 25, 2016
The entire place was under a fairly strict schedule in order to make sure the number of pizzas made for the day got made on time. From there, it was the amount of time taken by others that made the work difficult. Everyone was very friendly, but sometimes people didn't show up.

Overall, it was short, but sweet.
not a good place to work
Dough Maker (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 22, 2016
Not a good place to work if you have bills to pay. They don't give any one enough hours.I would never go back.Management Are not good people to be working for.
Worst experience
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORJanuary 21, 2016
The people I worked with were so filled with drama. Round table is very unorganized and irresponsible. Im very upset that was a job experience for me.
Fun work evnironment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAJanuary 21, 2016
I loved working at Round Table the people there were really sweet and caring. They helped me out and answered any and all questions I had. Everyone there was really fun to work with and made it a fun environment.
Pros
Free pizza on breaks and to take home, discounts for my family on pizzas
Cons
Short breaks
My first store opening
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJanuary 20, 2016
A typical day at work was train all employee new hires on policy, process and procedures. It was an new store that was just opening their door. They had all the other newly hired employee including me at the other stores training for a few days before they open up their new store. But none of the other new trainees knew how to do a proper opening and closing but me. So a few of us were call to come in early on Wednesday that day so we could put the equipment in the new store and getting ready for the Friday official opening. We had just finish putting everything away and off. That was when i was call back to the store because they had decide to do a soft opening that same night and none of the new trained employee but me knew how to set up the all per work for opening and closing the of the store.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
not enough work hours
Good work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAJanuary 12, 2016
I learned a lot at this job. Had a lot of responsibility so I learned to multi task fast. Overall it was a good place to work. I got along with all the staff.
Pros
food
Cons
hours
great work enviorment
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Poway, CADecember 26, 2015
retired from Round Table due to an automobile accident that left me unable to return to the company. Very well run organaization
Pros
more than acceptable compensation
It was a good time.
Crew Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CADecember 8, 2015
While being employed at Round Table I started off as a sign shaker. The Management in the store needs help. Still to this day.
Round Table
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 5, 2015
There was no where to grow with the company due to it being private owned. co workers were awesome. Loved the managment. I learned to be in chrge of a 30 person crew and hiring.
Pros
learned alot
Cons
no where to grow
Good work environment and hours
delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Susanville, CANovember 2, 2015
Good work place with efficient supervisors and staff. All staff was very helpful in training and was easy to meet new people. Procedures where well enforced and if any problem arouse management had a good way to handle things. The enjoyable part of this job was the getting to work with friendly co-workers. With this job nothing changed with time and went through relatively the same procedures every shift.
Pros
discount on food and good scheduling
Cons
left work late
Good work place.
management (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 2, 2015
Great food and great environment. Love the employees and the company of the customers. Pizza is very pricey but for the quality of the pizza and everything else is worth it.
Pros
Free Food, Over Time, Employees.
Cons
No paid time off, no holiday pay, no sick pay, no benefits.
productive work place
Cook and Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Spanaway, WANovember 1, 2015
This company was great but the benefits and management were a con. I enjoyed my hours and some of the fellow employees. Descent pay.
Great company to work for!
Delivery Driver and Cook (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAOctober 30, 2015
A typical day at work for me would include answering phones, taking customers orders, of course making pizzas, and delivering them. Towards the end of every shift I had to make sure my work space was clean, and wash the dishes before I was able to clock out and go home. Through my time working at round table I improved a lot on my people skills because I was working with customers all the time. I formed friendly relationships with all my co workers to help maintain a positive work environment. The worst part of my job was probably dishes at the end of the night because they would pile up so fast. Lastly the best part of my job was probably my co workers and of course the employee discounts.
Busy restaurant with many locals
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pacifica, CAOctober 27, 2015
Overall fun place to work. I learned how to keep my cool at work even while it gets extremely busy. Many teenagers that are still in school work there. I enjoy the job and once you pick it up it's not too difficult. The hardest part of the job is being held accountable for all mistakes in various areas whether there was a delivery mistake or product not made to specifications.
Pros
Free pizza and soda, flexible schedule.
Cons
Not many break opportunities and work can get overwhelming due to staffing issues.
family environment
General Employee/ Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, CAOctober 26, 2015
It is a relatively easy going work environment.
I learned to manage my time, run a shift, handling money, and great costumer survive.
I get along very well with all of my managers.
All of my co-workers are respectful of others.
There is not any mentionable hard parts of this job.
I greatly enjoy working at round table but it just time for to move on.
It was a great first official job.
Fast paced, fun environment!
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  San Pablo, CAOctober 15, 2015
I truly enjoy working for Round Table. A typical day for me as a shift manager begins around 3:00 p.m., since I am typically the closing manager. I get to work and count the previously used till and open it again for my cashiers that will be joining me for that evening. Then I check to see if there are any invoices or paper work that I need to take care of. If it is a Monday or Thursday, I put in the inventory order to order this weeks shipment of food/supplies. I also produce the next weeks schedules on Thursdays. I then relieve the opening manager for her break. During this time I stock up on whatever needs replenishing and make the orders if there are any to make. Soon my crew arrives around 5 p.m. and the night goes as follows, take orders, make pizzas, handle and resolve customer complaints, and ensure customer service. On weekdays we close the store at 10 p.m. in which I send all of m crew home except for the my maker and I. We then take care of our closing cleaning procedures and afterwards I print the daily sales, cash consolidation, employee clock in/out records and other daily documents. I count both tills and my safe and lock the store before I head out for the night.
I have learned and acquired a great set of customer service and manager skills while working at Round Table. I take pride in all of the projects and tasks I do at my job. And in return, so does my crew members. I make sure to maintain a respectable relationship with my employees and ensure that they too are making the customer a number one priority.
The hardest part of my job is the work load.
  more... Since there are currently only two of us managers working at the store, the work load and responsibilities tend to mainly fall on me. I do the work of a store manager, only without the title and pay of a store manager.
My favorite part of my job is the customer interactions I am able to partake in. I enjoy making customers feel appreciated and welcomed each and every time they come in. I enjoy the energy and environment I have created for my store. I also love seeing familiar faces come in every so often. There is something so special about taking the time to remember your customers name and their frequent orders. I truly take pride in my work.
Pros
Schedule flexibility, Monthly V.I.P pass for pizza, Great crew
Cons
Pay rate
Great staff, awesome place to work, and vast opportunities to learn.
Supervisor in Training (Current Employee) –  Rocklin, CAOctober 6, 2015
A typical day includes hours of food preparation before opening which include, chopping vegetables, mixing dough and sauce, as well as rolling large amounts of dough through a machine in order to cut enough pizza skins for that day. While working at Round Table Pizza I have learned the ins and outs of daily operations of the restaurant. How often to put orders into our suppliers, the process of receiving and accounting for inventory, how to properly deliver a consistent product to customers, and how to deliver a standard of professionalism when serving customers, whether over the phone or in person. Management and coworkers consists of people who are the best at what they do, provide the same level of customer service previously mentioned, and are an absolute pleasure to work with. The hardest part of the job is the monetary compensation, the most enjoyable part of this job is the learning experience that comes with providing customer service to such a wide range of customer.
Pros
Learning experience, great work environment.
Cons
Low monetary compensation
Basic franchised pizza resturant
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAOctober 5, 2015
The owner cares more about his bottom line then his workers or the quality of equipment in the store. Easy place to pick up some hours in addition to another job, takes minimal effort to work here.