Round Table Pizza Employee Reviews

An amazing place to work at. People there are super awesome and really kind. Ultra supportive and care about you
Kitchen Worker (Former Employee) –  Burien, WAFebruary 16, 2018
Round table pizza is an absolutely amazing place to work at. They really care about you. It's a lil fast paced but it's not like your being wipped. People really seem to want to help you out. Dishes could be a little bit easier to work with. I one time sliced my hand up on some glass in the trashcan, at least 3 different people stopped to see if I was ok and asked if I needed medical care. They helped me clean my cuts and get my hand all taken care of so I could continue working. They told me to take the pace easy so it won't hurt. Management there is awesome and they have a wicked phone system that tells you your work for the week so you will never lose track of it. It's super easy to sign in. And in all honesty work there is not complicated at all. Once you get the hang of things it's a sinch. I would extremely highly recommend working there. Especially if you want a place to work at.
Pros
Super awesome management, super supportive workers, people really care about you, there are many roles you can adopt, . pretty good work hours
Cons
Work slows down resulting in people being sent home early, Slightly stressful at times, In the middle of an extremely busy intersection
Not Applicable
Executive Vice President, Operations (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAFebruary 14, 2018
This business was sold. During the time that I worked there it was a terrific place to work. I would recommend the company to anyone looking for a great place to work.
Laid back, chill place to work
Dough Roller/ Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAFebruary 13, 2018
It was a nice place o begin my work experience. I met a lot of people I still keep in touch with until this day. I learned good leadership skills that preperes me for the real life.
Productive and fun
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Pittsburg, CAFebruary 13, 2018
The work place is quite casual. Crew members are nice and the managers are friendly. However, despite how nice working there is, I do have a few problems such as the ridiculous rules they have. One of them being not getting pizza or giving them away in boxes to customers when buffet is over and the pizzas just end up in the trash.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks or no breaks at all
round table
Buser/Dishwasher and doughroller (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CAFebruary 12, 2018
● Responsible for prompt and accurate response to customer’s mortgage servicing questions and concerns. ● Assists borrowers with late charge waiver, due date change, and other loan maintenance requests. ● Process Verifications of Mortgage for both internal and external customers.
Pros
pay
Cons
hours and management
Not Worth It
Everything (Former Employee) –  Ripon, CAFebruary 8, 2018
The new owner at the Ripon Round Table does not seem to care about anything but his sales. He will never compensate you for a job well done and expects only perfection all the time. If you are a human being who is not perfect and occasionally makes mistakes, then this job is NOT for you because you will be fired anyways by the unsatisfied, money hungry owner.
Pros
Free pizza only during buffet times
Cons
No benefits, minimum pay, minuscule employee discount, unrealistic expectations
Fastpace hardworking good mangment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Felton, CAFebruary 8, 2018
good job very rewarding good team work very good mangment Team players fast pase good communication skills fresh toppings fresh dough good prep team best cooks quilty food and drinks
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
Slow in mornings
Was not great
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CAFebruary 8, 2018
Was great being a driver but the owner ,managers and supervisors didnt care about anyone and they also couldbt runs shifts to save there lifes . Was not that great overall
Challenging Work/Life Balance
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAFebruary 7, 2018
GFG believes in hiring from within. They have multiple brands and will move talented people around from brand to brand. Many have a long tenure with the company.

Here are the challenges:every one works nights. I too would work nights and find East Coast teammates responding at what had to be midnight their time. The same with weekends. Don't see much work/life balance.

On the upside, if you want to learn it, if you can find the time, they will give you the opportunity. I would recommend the position for ambitious people, earlier in their career, who are extremely creative in making things work on a shoestring budget and don't mind putting in the necessary hours.
Terrible management
Cashier/Crew Member (Former Employee) –  San Pablo, CAFebruary 6, 2018
It was very hot in the kitchen with no A/C temperatures would reach 100 degrees. It was almost impossible to get a day off for emergencies and the owner is extremely rude.
Good manager (at my location), good place to work in high school, flexible work hours
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fair Oaks, CAFebruary 5, 2018
The Monday nights (50% off Lg + XLg pizzas) provide a good opportunity for employees to learn how to work in a fast-paced team and pay attention to details under pressure.
Typically, a crew member preps food, makes pizzas, answers calls, cleans, closes the restaurant, and works the lobby when needed (ie. bussing tables, running pizzas, greeting guests etc...)
Management is always visible in the lobby and is there to provide direction. They do the bulk of the ordering, hiring, and scheduling.
It is a fairly easy job. The learning curve when first getting hired is a little tough and getting to know the restaurant and how to read the orders is the hardest part in the beginning.
Round Table makes a solid pizza, but it is really laid back so if you get to know your customers and co-workers it's fun to interact with the people.
fun and friendly
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAFebruary 5, 2018
Well pretty much the job was ok, free food, not much to know, people were kind, managers were relaxed and funny and the wor kis what youd expect from a minimum wage job.
Fast-paced
Crew/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Winters, CAJanuary 30, 2018
If I was in charge of a night shift, depending on the night it could be very busy and fast-paced. However, some nights were slow and boring and most mornings were slow as well. I learned quite a lot at Round Table, I was given the opportunity to supervise a team and hold a key to the store. It taught me a lot about responsibility and team leadership/communication. My favorite part of the job was the crew, I was lucky enough to have great co-workers.
Pros
Free lunches, boss was very nice
Cons
Fast-paced, no benefits/rare to get overtime
Manager problems
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAJanuary 30, 2018
My supervisors and other coworkers were great and easy to work with. Unfortunately my manager and the owner were both very old school and sexist. The owner is still there but the manager quit and my old supervisor is now the new manager, hope shes doing great!
Fun temporary job
Supervisor, Driver, Cook (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 29, 2018
Working at Round Table is a temporary job or a start of your work life. You gain the experience of a fast paced,customer oriented industry where you learn a lot from and can take with you to other jobs.
Stressful but very fun
Kitchen Crew (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAJanuary 27, 2018
Work can be very stressful especially during a rush, listen to your supervisors and work hard. Hardest part of the job would have to be dealing with unhappy customers.
Pros
25% discount
Cons
Hours, benefits
Fun and productive
Cook, Cashier, Food Prep, janitorial services (Current Employee) –  Keizer, ORJanuary 26, 2018
Very fast pace. Be ready to handle a rush. Stay organized! I would recommend if you are young and ready to work fast. Many job titles that you can aquire.
Pros
Free lunch when you work over 8 hours
Cons
Short breaks
Terrible to work at most days.
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 24, 2018
A typical day of work, is a constant line out the door, where one managers stands and does nothing, and the other is always up front taking orders. Always having to do prepwork that is the job of the morning crew. if i didnt have training from my previous round table pizza locatioin, i would not still be working here.The main good thing is you occasionally work with the good group of coworkers.
Pros
free lunches.
Cons
dont usually get breaks.
A place where you can grow.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJanuary 24, 2018
I started working here and fell in love with the job. You were giving a chance to learn and make all kinds of pizzas. It was also a place to learn how to work with others.
Pros
Free Lunch
competetive
Food Server (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 23, 2018
There is a lot of work to do for one day especially when it is rush days. So many pizzas have to be made and trash needs to be taken out twice daily. Tables needs to be clean for new customers to come sit.
Pros
discount
Cons
poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Round Table Pizza. Our community is ready to answer.