RoundPoint Mortgage Company

RoundPoint Mortgage Company United States Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place to work
Loan Processor (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: flexibility, work from home
Managing my pipeline and contacting my clients for any outstanding documents needed. Contact any 3rd party companies for missing documents. Review new documents received and submit file for underwriter review.
Recruiting Dept. extremely inexperienced
IT Procurement (Former Employee), charlotte, ncAugust 23, 2014
Contacted by recruiters, Lauren and Kristen, for an interview. Job offer received same day as interview with benefit pkg, compensation etc. After speaking with Lauren of missing items previously discussed in lieu of the offer, I was instructed to respond to the letter instead of being provided with a revised offer (Lauren advised they 'forgot' to include items in the offer letter). I was then told days before the start date they could not offer the position. I asked for a specific reason and was told by Kristen "we are not given that information". Pleasure meeting the team, they seem like every day hard working individuals who maintain the integrity of the company, but with the various mistakes and premature actions by the recruiting dept. multiple RED FLAGS promotes the company as a total joke. The liason between prospects, recruiters, HR and managers is definitely non existent in this office. Please hire HR/Recruiting personnel in the CHARLOTTE office who enjoy their roles and have a solid understanding of what they are doing without dropping the ball for interested prospects. I gracefully accepted an offer with the company's competitior...seamless transition into new role thanks to a wonderful personnel and inviting staff.
Post Closing
Operations Specialist (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 14, 2014
very hands on department to learn all sides of a closing loan
What aspects of your current job do you most enjoy and what (if any) aspects would you change?
Operations Specialist (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 12, 2014
My current role within the Mortgage Industry is with RoundPoint Mortgage Company as a Operations Specialist. I have been in this role for two years now. I originally came to RoundPoint Mortgage Company as a Pre-Processor and was offered a Processing Position prior to taking the Operations Post Closing Specialist position. In the process of me accepting the Processing Position the Post Closing Department was in need of additional assistance. I was then approached to see if I would accept or consider that roll. As I have stated previously I thrive on challenges and look forward to learning new processes.

Once I entered into my roll of Operations Specialist I quickly picked up the process and enjoyed learning the ins and outs of each and every roll in the Post Closing Department. Our Team Manger has always had an open door policy and is there if you ever need her. The whole Team itself is like a family. If one needs assist once one of us completes their duties and may have time we assist each other. Each component of the process I have done and value the knowledge I have received. This is the area that you truly can see where the front end positions are so valuable to make sure that each and every loan is processed to the upmost accuracy as possible; so once the loan file comes to me as the liaison for the Investors that we are selling the loans to. They can flow smoothly and efficiently through the sale of the loan to the Investor. I enjoy interacting with each Investor that we sell to. I have also become the person that is the primary contact for the Upfront Mortgage Insurance Payments and I handle the reports on the payments to be processed and to be distributed to the Mortgage Insurance Companies. To sum up on your question for what I most enjoy in my current job it is my current job.
Lots of free beer and food
Loan Officer (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 30, 2014
RoundPoint is a typical mortgage office. The goal is to make as many calls as possible to get the required rate locks for the day. To keep moral up, they have lots of activities such as catered lunch several days a week, October Fest, and Beer Friday.
Originated Mortgage loans
Loan Officer (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 28, 2014
Call center atmosphere. Paid lunches every Friday. A great team to be with. It was little hampered by the operations side to continue doing business.
Learning the ins and outs of mortgage processing
Jr. Loan Processor (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 22, 2014
Pros: gaining various knowledge bases surrounding what goes into making a mortgage loan.
Cons: unfortunately, the job is ending due to company closure.
As a jr processor, I am tasked to gather information such as verifications and payoffs to help facilitate a mortgage loan towards its closing. I have learned a lot about the pieces of a mortgage loan and find that with my legal background, items such as title intrigue me. I would like to further explore options within the title community if the opportunity presents itself.
If you enjoy telemarketing and 60+ hours per week this is a good mortgage gig.
Loan Officer (Current Employee), Rockville, MDMay 1, 2013
Felt like telemarketer...60+ hours per week required to succeed.
No Kids, No Family, No life- work here
Employee (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 6, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: hours of expected work, lack of respect, talking down to employees
This company DOES take care of it's customers- they are a good refi company, new loan mortgage and helps those that are "under water."
Now- the upper management makes fun of it's working employees, sometimes to their faces, if you make a mistake, it's the end of the world, and if you try to take a lunch or leave before 9 hours are done (now if you are hourly- better not get more than 40), you are not being a team player. If you leave, do know your name will be thrown under many buses even if you were told how good a job you did while you were there. You are treated like dirt- understand this is by UPPER management. Direct managers/supervisors- they try to let you know how you are appreciated. Coworkers make the job bearable. They do pay well... but at the cost of your sanity and life- it just isn't worth it. They are going to run out of all of the good employees and then it will be too late. I guess they can get more from other states.. or countries.
High Tech Sweatshop
LO (Current Employee), CharlotteFebruary 10, 2013
Cons: insulting management
This place has to be one of the worst places i've ever worked. The morale is terrible and management is a joke. I guess if you couldn't find work anywhere else, Roundpoint would do - but only go if there arent any other options. This place is a sinking ship!

March 6, 2013

Glad to see nothing has changed- good for them so many loans, tough on those having to process them at record paces. Must be making great bonuses.... at the top.

Processing Support Specialist
Processing Support Specialist (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 7, 2012
Pros: free lunch from time to time
Cons: as busy as it is, it can still be monotnous sometimes
The position is very busy and requires great attention to detail and time. I have being able to enhance all administrative skills and research skills during my tenure which ultimately has assisted in contributing to the necessary production level required