Rouses Supermarket Employee Reviews

unhappy work place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mandeville, LAJanuary 15, 2017
So many employees where so unhappy with this company. The were respected by the company before the buy out. Rouses doesn't care abut there employees. I had a CSM go into my drawer a take a check out and the company accused me of losing it. It was there before i went on break and gone when I'm trying to balance. There was only 2 checks in my drawer.
Pros
I had great hours
Cons
you were lucky to get a break
Productive and fun place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAOctober 25, 2016
Working at Rouses was fun to me. I got to meet all kinds of new people everyday.
I finally got to learn how to run a register.
Management is on top of business.
Co Workers were fun to work with for the most part.
The hardest part of my job was nothing at all, I loved my job.
The most enjoyable part of my job was greeting my customer, checking their order and placing it in bags.
Pros
half off lunch
Cons
short breaks
It's a job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mandeville, LASeptember 22, 2016
This is an entry level job for those still in high school. You do learn customer service skills and how to balance a cash register. You are on your feet the entire shift and depending upon how old you are and how long of a shift you work, you do get a 15 min break on top of your 30 minute lunch.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
High school kids, pay, store manager
Great learning experience for all who are willing.
Prepared Foods Manager (Current Employee) –  Kenner, LAJuly 31, 2016
Working at Rouses is a customer service base job, customer service
is the most important part of the job, the pay is good and there is lots
of opportunity for advancement. The hardest part of my job is leading a crew
of up to 22 team members. I have learned a lot at Rouses but cooking on an oil rig is were I want to be.
Pros
good pay
Great job for first job or temporary.
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LANovember 7, 2016
Low wage job with order barking management. Sometimes you run into the crazies which make the job more difficult than it has to be.
Pros
Discounted Lunch, Meet lots of people, great first job
Cons
Dead end job, repetitive, low wages
Great Until New Management
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 23, 2016
Typical Day;

Come To Work, Grab a Til And Count To Make Sure Amounts Correct.

Management Became Racist Once Replaced From Old Manager. Main Reason For Leaving

No Hard Parts With This Job

Most Enjoyable Part Of This Job Was The Co-Workers
productive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Houma, LANovember 10, 2016
I wasn't there for long but the time I was there I was a front end cashier. The security was excellent over there at night there was always a police on duty I would advise this is a great job for younger kids in high school or college.
Pros
pay
not a fun place to work, environment very hostile.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 7, 2016
no room for advancement. pay rate is below poverty level. Not fair to employees when you are written-up. Hostile environment. Customers expect to much.
Pros
have free lunches
Cons
breaks are short. no room for advancement
Productive and fun work place
Front End Manager/Bookkeeper (Current Employee) –  Ocean Springs, MSDecember 9, 2016
Rouses is a very welcoming company to work for. They welcome you with awesome arms and work with your schedule. I enjoy working there. They make it as if we are a big family.
Carried great product, employees and customers were alway interesting
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAJune 3, 2016
Very interesting customers. Mostly very friendly. Most of the employee's were very nice and professional. It was always very busy and the day past quickly. You had to be prepared to think on your feet. Changes could occur quickly and it was important to be organized in order to manage staff accordingly. The only negative part of the job was there wasn't really any consistency to management in terms of how to treat employees. As a result the turnover was very high. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the other employees and the customers. Also it was a very pleasing environment.
Pros
Fast pace, comfortable and pleasing environment
Cons
Although we did get a 30 minutes for lunch, there were no breaks.
Its an okay job for students who are looking for a summer job .
Cashier (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 12, 2016
A typical day at rouses is pretty laid back but on Sunday's & Monday's it's more fast pace. The environment is pretty warm and welcoming.
Pros
You get an discount on the hot bar . The food is good . The customers are nice .
Cons
The scheldule is never out on time, They say you get you two breaks&a lunch but really you only get an lunch break, THEYRE ALWAYS HIRING btw !
Its a family ran company
Bakery Associate (Current Employee) –  Thibodaux, LAJuly 1, 2016
Some days it can be pretty busy while other days are not so busy. You get to meet new people every day as well as learn new procedures every day.
Pros
get to meet new people everyday
Cons
not getting your yearly evaluation on time if at all, hours always getting cut
Good Beginning place for Experience
Florist/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Saraland, ALMay 3, 2016
This company is ambitious in it's goals to provide the best customer service around, but I noticed that just a year after I first started working at Rouses that the quality dropped quite sharply. If you're hired on as a bagger or a buggy boy don't expect to stay on for long. They are the first to go. Cashiers are second after them. Most cashier I've seen don't last for more than 6 months and it's very rare that they are older than 21. The management is very stiff, and I don't mean to keep everything running smoothly. I've often spotted them playing on their phones and pushing off their responsibilities to others below them. When the co-workers below them try to follow the managers as an example they are either fired or given a strike on the spot.
Cons
Short breaks, no bathroom excuses
Fast pace work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAAugust 13, 2016
some of the managers were very unprofessional, but kept everything in order. I enjoyed working in the cafe department. The hardest part was dealing with ruled customers because they are always right.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAAugust 30, 2016
Rouses is a good place to work customer friendly and quick speedy check out service at all times. I enjoyed working at rouses
Good Place For High School Or College Job
Service Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAFebruary 25, 2016
For the 4 years I worked at rouses it was perfect for being a full time student. They respected that I only wanted to work a few hours a week and were very flexible with my schedule as well as letting me transfer back and forth between the store in Lafayette, LA and Metairie, LA. A typical day at rouses was checking people out, bagging groceries, general housekeeping, and sometimes helping grocery front the aisles. Another thing I was responsible for doing at the end of my shift was counting my till.
My Story
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 4, 2016
A typical day at work is quite interesting when you have different types of personalities you have to deal with. I've learned throughout dealing with different personalities that you have to stay humble, have patience, and focus. My management team is so far ok, but can be better. My co-workers are very generous to work with. The hardest part of the job is when you know you are a pretty good worker, but your work is not recognize because the company is very difficult to work for. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I have a job to go to, and I get paid every week.
productive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMarch 3, 2016
its a good place to work if you like greeting people and dealing with cash, I also learned hoe to deal with people who are having a bad day an may be in a bad mood
Pros
fun place
Cons
Pay
Great enviroment very upbeat. Lots of advancement opportunities.
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  veterans metarie louisiannaSeptember 18, 2015
Everyday presented new challenges. I learned how to process money transfers , and money orders, rent out and check in equipment, such as carpet cleaners and beer kegs and taps. I learned how to operate a phone system answering and directing calls. I learned how to spot potential safety hazards and correct them when possible. I learned supervisory skills such as making sure we had enough staff scheduled for predicted business on any given day. The hardest part of my job was the way iI was forced to leave it. The most enjoyable part was the recognition by management and employees for my accomplishments.
Pros
every other weekend off
Cons
Trying to make everyone happy with thier schedules
great place to work
ASST. MANAGER TRAINEE SEAFOOD TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Youngsville, LADecember 21, 2015
it was a great environment to work in and a friendly place to work at. I learned many exciting and new things about myself and my interests with this job
Pros
close to house
Cons
didnt stand up for employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rouses Supermarket. Our community is ready to answer.