Roush Employee Reviews

No leadership
Process Technician (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MINovember 29, 2016
Cant really speak for all of roush! Loads of departments. Good benefits. Five years gets four weeks of vacation. With so many departments i cant really give a review.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Very underpaid
ok job
TEST DRIVER (Former Employee) –  livonia michiganDecember 29, 2016
the job it self was ok to do and really not that hard. you drive routes ,up to 500 miles and report any defects or problems with prototype vehicles but mostly new vehicles from the big 3 being tested before production. the only issue is its part time and a flat rate hourly pay.no room for any type of advancement in both pay or position
Pros
fun job to work
Cons
no advancement offered and part time
Great opportunity for growth
Logistics Analyst/Buyer (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MINovember 22, 2016
Roush allows people to grow and learn all aspects of their position. The people who work for Roush are easy going. Management allows hard workers to flourish.
Flexible company with good local leadership
Test driver (Current Employee) –  Wittmann, AZNovember 9, 2016
Because I am a driver I do not interact with my coworkers too much, I only have a quick conversation when coming in or leaving. Management is good at responding to issues with the cars.
Huge learning experience
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Allen Park, MIDecember 5, 2016
All micenallaneous mechanical work. From garage service, rtt, crash, prototype etc. Rouah offers a vast amount of opportunities for people looking for employment
Pros
More evolved in technology
Cons
Productive easy going days working on tractors
Prototype Build Technician (Former Employee) –  Portland OregonMay 31, 2016
Typical day at work would be installing prototype parts per engineering specs.

Things I learned, troubleshoot and perform root cause evaluations on prototype parts for custom mechanical commercial trucks and mock-ups.

Management was good. Helpful and understanding.

Co-workers are great. Helpful in training and other aspects of job.

The hardest part of the job not always receiving the correct parts, BOM missing or incorrect.

The most enjoyable part of the job is building new products and driving them.
Pros
Great employees, Free lunches, Free merchandise
Cons
Purchasing own tools for the job became very expensive
Roush
Mechanical Technician/Electrical Technician (Former Employee) –  Flat Rock, MISeptember 18, 2016
Working for Roush although frustrating at times, was one of my better work experiences. The hours were long and management not very understanding or open. The work was great though, I enjoyed working with new automobiles and learning new things.
Learning and traveling
Driver (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIDecember 16, 2016
I teast drove the cars engineers build and that was awesome. managments wasn't big on communication. Co-workers were easy to get a lone with. Doing the same routes day in and day out. Driving to different staes was a blast.
Pros
Traveling
Cons
Pay wasn't enough
Productive technician with the experience of details
Dynamometer Technician (Former Employee) –  Allen Park, MIMay 5, 2016
Hard worker with detailed experience always on time leave when told. No smoker so more time on the job. Co workers get along well with me as I do them. Easiest part of the job is enjoying the position
with extreme satisfaction of a job well done. Hardest part dealing with the boredom when everything goes right. No one ever knows it all so I would rather ask a stupid question then to do something stupid. Management always get along with me. I am not there to correct only to learn what their procedures are. I usually offer my experience on topics only to agree with management's decision
Pros
what ever comes with the postition
Cons
nothing
Normal shop job
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MINovember 11, 2016
Shop was huge but work was hit or miss. My leader was a rude and condescending person. We were either working 7/12 or geting 20hrs a week was hard to plan for the paychecks
productive and fun workplace
Sewer (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIAugust 2, 2016
Working at Roush was a very good experience for me. I learned many new skills and brushed up on the ones that I had. My Co-workers were easy to get along with and management services were vey friendly as well.
degrating place to work at.
Senior Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Romeo, MIAugust 7, 2016
Of my 20 year work history this is the worst company i have worked for, Very poor management do not believe in employee concerns or work problems.
Not what you would think!
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Allen Park, MIAugust 6, 2015
Plan and simple, this is a job that is meant to get you over until you find a better one. Don't expect to get a raise when you are supposed to unless you know someone in management. I haven't met anybody there that is 100% satisfied with their job.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
You gotta know someone to be someone
Roush mold shop
Shop Technician (Former Employee) –  Farmington, MIMarch 6, 2015
Great company with tons of room for advancement. Pay however is not good at for the work you put in. During my experience as a bench hand I also ran the nite logistics with no compensation. Benefits are great.
Pros
management is great
Cons
pay
Productive Work
Instrumentation Technician- Work (Current Employee) –  Allen Park, MINovember 13, 2014
Good place to work if you want hours. Management doesn't have itself completely together but the people are cool and the work load is a little heavy after a while.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
hourly wages
The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.
Fabricator (Current Employee) –  Allen ParkMay 11, 2012
Since this is the first real "review" of this company i'm going to start this off by saying If you get into a good building with good management this is a great company to work for. But if you end up in Allen Park off of Southfield Rd you're going to regret taking the job, Hence the amount of jobs listed for Allen Park compared to Livonia.

They hire good people and you wont find many scumbags at this company, you wont have to worry about someone stealing from you or breaking into a tool box. The co-workers are actually the best part of the job.

That being said the company will walk all over you and keep you around with the lure of a "Review" coming up. Well.. you're never going to get that review and if you do, it will come a year or two later not after 90 days as they lead you to believe. So get the wage you want up front or keep job hunting.

You're going to be required to buy your own tools to complete jobs(Not that big of a deal) and also you'll be required to buy tools you're going to ruin making the company money, Drill bits, Broaches, ect.(Kind of a big deal) It doesn't seem like a big deal but when you just worked an hour to buy a drill bit to make the company money it gets old.

They do have what I consider a pretty decent benefits package including Insurance Health/Dental/Vision, 401k and Tuition Reimbursement.

It's a great company if you work in the offices or are coming straight out of high school other than that I would not recommend this company to a friend or family member.
Pros
good co-workers
Cons
no breaks, low wages, and management can careless if you come or go.
It was a nice place to be employed
Test Driver (Former Employee) –  Allen Park, MIJanuary 11, 2013
Had fun while i was there.I enjoyed the people i worked with.
Pros
went on paid trips
Cons
no benifits
job was stressful and you did learn about vehicles
Prototype Technician (Current Employee) –  michiganOctober 18, 2015
Work environment was stressful, fellow employees were not friendly and helpful, management was lost, lack of communication. leaders and management was not helpful or friendly. Forced to work in conditions that were sometimes not safe or friendly
Pros
you learn some technics and how to build vehicles and repair vehicles
Cons
does not really look good on a resume, and no room for moving up in company
friendly place to work.
Receptionist,administration assistant (Former Employee) –  Allen Park, MIJanuary 29, 2016
I was only hired to work temporary, but the staff made me feel welcome and one of them. Everyone was helpful and courteous. They look out for each other like one big happy family.
Pros
cook outs for lunchs
Fun Job
Test Driver (Current Employee) –  Henderson, COJanuary 25, 2016
Fun place to work for. Get to drive different types of vehicles before they come out for sale. Also get to travel to different states to deliver or pick up new cars. This job has its ups and downs about how many hours they give you. Not a set schedule

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Roush. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9