Roush Employee Reviews

Roush
Planner and Inspector (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MINovember 17, 2017
Roush is a good company to work for. I have never had a job that gave me benefits and that is a huge plus. The management and even the departments need to work on communication, but I think every business has that problem. The people there are great mentors and willing to teach you about business.
Pros
Great mentorships
Cons
Pay could be better
prototype mechanic
prototype mechanic (Former Employee) –  allen park, miOctober 25, 2017
This place is a lot of favoritism and very poorly managed. Everyone is out for themselves nobody will work as a team to be effective. Worst place to work at in my opinion
Awful
Mechanic/Instrumentation (Former Employee) –  Allen Park, MIOctober 23, 2017
This place has a revolving door of people in and out based on lack of job security, low paying wages, and over all bad moral. I wouldn't tell my enemy to even get a job there
Pros
Cons
everything
Fast Paced, Save Information Often
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIOctober 19, 2017
There would be times where information would disappear if you had not locked your possessions tightly. Not theft of personal belongings, just sabotage of notes and work related information.
Leader (Current Employee) –  Allen Park, MISeptember 27, 2017
Great place to work! And for the inexperienced a great place to learn and get experience. a lot of room for advancement and Roush promotes from within first.
Alright and getting better slowly
CMM Operator (Current Employee) –  Allen Park, MISeptember 26, 2017
I've only work here for almost a year and I do like it but, like anywhere it's not perfect. I work in a shop with mechanics when we should be in a climate controlled room with a much lower noise level. This field of work should not be in a open shop environment.
Pros
Plenty of hour. Good co-worker.
Cons
Low starting wage
did not have office had to work out of back of a car
test driver (Former Employee) –  gaffney scSeptember 23, 2017
worse place I have every worked.Managment Zero,they would try to tell you what to do.They acted like some one was taken off street and knew nothing about the job,Did not know anything about how to fill out a log book .Did not know any dot regulations.If you are stupid and do not want to learn this is place to be
Pros
nothing free
Cons
only 401k
Test Driver (Former Employee) –  Allen Park, MISeptember 16, 2017
I drove for ford to test drive there new cars that was coming out. Its called prototype cars. The management was ok, I just went to work to do my job. The workplace was a different culture. The enjoyable part of the job was driving brand new cars when you went to work.
Pros
driving new cars
Cons
didnt know what team you was going to be in
Car Evaluator (Current Employee) –  Allen Park, MIJuly 10, 2017
My review on working at Roush for me it was the best experience I ever had I learned a lot about car infotainment I wanted to gain experience on infotainment system because I'm majoring on Electrical Engineering but and working for Roush will higher my chance of getting an internship since I have more than a year experince on testing car infotainment.
Great
Instrumentation Technician (Current Employee) –  Allen Park, MIJune 12, 2017
Great place to work. Work environment is good. Non paid lunch but short in length. Promotions are hard to get but work is consistent. management is good.
Not Very Stable
Test Driver (Current Employee) –  California City, CAMay 25, 2017
One week you will have consistent overtime and pay the next you're working 1 to no days out of the week. Not good at all if you're trying to support a family.
Pros
Paid Weekly
Cons
Unstable work
long hours and no time for family
Hi-Lo Driver / Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Allen Park, MIApril 2, 2017
the company was not ran very well. Management didn't train you very well , was constantly disorganized. Worked very long hour's and very long weeks, constant change in personnel.
Pros
good money per week
Cons
no time for family
great place
Day Porter (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIMarch 21, 2017
I learn a lot about cars there so for me that made it get. I loved my co-woker because we work as team. I got to see that this compay do more then cars they have there hands in a lot.
ok job
TEST DRIVER (Former Employee) –  livonia michiganDecember 29, 2016
the job it self was ok to do and really not that hard. you drive routes ,up to 500 miles and report any defects or problems with prototype vehicles but mostly new vehicles from the big 3 being tested before production. the only issue is its part time and a flat rate hourly pay.no room for any type of advancement in both pay or position
Pros
fun job to work
Cons
no advancement offered and part time
Learning and traveling
Driver (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIDecember 16, 2016
I teast drove the cars engineers build and that was awesome. managments wasn't big on communication. Co-workers were easy to get a lone with. Doing the same routes day in and day out. Driving to different staes was a blast.
Pros
Traveling
Cons
Pay wasn't enough
Huge learning experience
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Allen Park, MIDecember 5, 2016
All micenallaneous mechanical work. From garage service, rtt, crash, prototype etc. Rouah offers a vast amount of opportunities for people looking for employment
Pros
More evolved in technology
No leadership
Process Technician (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MINovember 29, 2016
Cant really speak for all of roush! Loads of departments. Good benefits. Five years gets four weeks of vacation. With so many departments i cant really give a review.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Very underpaid
Great opportunity for growth
Logistics Analyst/Buyer (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MINovember 22, 2016
Roush allows people to grow and learn all aspects of their position. The people who work for Roush are easy going. Management allows hard workers to flourish.
Normal shop job
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MINovember 11, 2016
Shop was huge but work was hit or miss. My leader was a rude and condescending person. We were either working 7/12 or geting 20hrs a week was hard to plan for the paychecks
Flexible company with good local leadership
Test driver (Current Employee) –  Wittmann, AZNovember 9, 2016
Because I am a driver I do not interact with my coworkers too much, I only have a quick conversation when coming in or leaving. Management is good at responding to issues with the cars.