Roush

Roush Employer Reviews

lead test driver
Test Driver (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIJune 5, 2014
My job was to lead Three other drivers and drive vehicles and fill out paper work
Part Time Job
Vehicle Evaluator/Test Driver (Former Employee), Livonia, MIMarch 15, 2014
Pros: good money, lots of perks.
Cons: job relocated to another city
Great Job. Went on the road to drive different vehicle across country. Evaluate them, then fly home. All expenses paid. Would keep doing this job, but the headquarters moved 90 minutes away. Was not able to get there everyday.
Fun to drive new cars that were not on the market yet.
Test Driver (Former Employee), Commerce City, COMarch 3, 2014
Pros: driving new cars.
Cons: the routes never changed and after awhile it became very boreing.
Test drove new cars and wrote reviews on the cars. Learned a lot about cars. The management seemed good however I never saw them. Coworkers were fun however we did not work closely with coworkers since we were driving our routes. Hardest part of the job was driving the same route for 8 hours and not getting drowzy. I enjoyed writing the reports and – more... meeting with the car manufactures and giving my input. – less
Productive place to work
Welder/Fabricator (Current Employee), Allen Park, MIFebruary 7, 2014
Overall it is an okay company to work for. The management at my building is not good at all. I did however learn a lot of new things at Roush. I
AT WORK
Test Driver (Former Employee), Auburn Hills, MIJanuary 2, 2014
working at Reliance One was great, it was like a big family.... you work and groups, well you drive and groups.... and the co-workers where very professional and responsible.... the managers where professional like it was how every job should be.... the most enjoyable part of the job was the breaks because you get to actually have a good amount of time – more... to relax brfore you get back on the road... – less
Roush will offer you a opportunity.
Supervisor (Former Employee), Livonia, MIJanuary 1, 2014
Growth with in Roush. If you push yourself they will advance you up the ladder. For automotive education you can learn so much from Roush. Over all a good place to learn.
Effectively a job shop outfit
Cost Reduction Consultant (Former Employee), Allen Park MichiganDecember 15, 2013
Cons: job security, cheap
Very cheap company that will drop you in a heartbeat. I wouldn't recommend anyone to work there unless you are just retired and need the money
awesome company to work for
Lead driver (Current Employee), Henderson, CONovember 9, 2013
get to drive all types of cars
very easy job
management is great
co-workers are awesome
Unorganized and no room for advancement.
Test Driver (Former Employee), Auburn Hills, MIAugust 12, 2013
Test driving the vehicles I learned a lot about the vehicles and the problems with them to help secure the safety for the future customer. I was contracted through a staffing firm and they were very unorganized and unprofessional. Scheduling issues every week, and no essential room for advancement.
Productive and friendly environment
Test Driver (Current Employee), Warren, MIJune 13, 2013
Pros: amazing management and a fun environment
Cons: no cons
Typical day at work is an early shift 5:00am, we drive for 8-10 hours test driving the assigned vehicle. Everyone is friendly and always offer to help when something isnt clear. The most enjoyable part of the job is the main part, which is driving.
OK
Prototype Diesel Mechanic (Current Employee), Lisle, ILApril 11, 2013
Pros: lots of oppotunity to learn
Cons: not steady or stable
Type of work is good but duration and frequency of work is undesirable. 6/12's for a while to laid off for a few weeks.
It was a nice place to be employed
Test Driver (Former Employee), Allen Park, MIJanuary 11, 2013
Pros: went on paid trips
Cons: no benifits
Had fun while i was there.I enjoyed the people i worked with.
Driver (Former Employee), Las VegasOctober 23, 2012
Provide commentary for clients' products to improve sale and customer satisfaction.
Great company to work for
Electrical Engineering Intern (Former Employee), Allen Park, MIOctober 9, 2012
Pros: good environment.
Cons: high turnover.
Roush was a well run organization. Most of the people were very friendly and managers were easy to talk to. Also there are many opportunities to advance your career while working with Engineers from Ford and other companies.
The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.
Fabricator (Current Employee), Allen ParkMay 11, 2012
Pros: good co-workers
Cons: no breaks, low wages, and management can careless if you come or go.
Since this is the first real "review" of this company i'm going to start this off by saying If you get into a good building with good management this is a great company to work for. But if you end up in Allen Park off of Southfield Rd you're going to regret taking the job, Hence the amount of jobs listed for Allen Park compared to Livonia.

They hire – more... good people and you wont find many scumbags at this company, you wont have to worry about someone stealing from you or breaking into a tool box. The co-workers are actually the best part of the job.

That being said the company will walk all over you and keep you around with the lure of a "Review" coming up. Well.. you're never going to get that review and if you do, it will come a year or two later not after 90 days as they lead you to believe. So get the wage you want up front or keep job hunting.

You're going to be required to buy your own tools to complete jobs(Not that big of a deal) and also you'll be required to buy tools you're going to ruin making the company money, Drill bits, Broaches, ect.(Kind of a big deal) It doesn't seem like a big deal but when you just worked an hour to buy a drill bit to make the company money it gets old.

They do have what I consider a pretty decent benefits package including Insurance Health/Dental/Vision, 401k and Tuition Reimbursement.

It's a great company if you work in the offices or are coming straight out of high school other than that I would not recommend this company to a friend or family member. – less

July 9, 2012

I was lured into the Allen Park location by one of their "Mechanic Job Fairs." The person who wrote the above review is telling you the truth. I worked there for a year and a half, and never received the promised "REVIEW." Management is nice to you if they "like" you. I racked up a large debt on the tool trucks that come around there, because they do not provide you with any specialty tools that you must have to do the job. The co-workers are the best part about this Roush location, I have made many friends working there. 99% of the guys that work there are honest "Good People." Roush does not pay well at all, but they try to make up for it with plenty of overtime opportunities. When I started, we were on 7/10 shifts. I started at $11 an hour because I was desperate for work, even though I had 5 years mechanics experience. I felt that it was a slap in the face, but it was a job. When I found another job elsewhere, they were quick to offer me $1 an hour less than I would be making at the new job. Really? If they offer you a job, I would think twice about it. However, it does look good on your resume.....

Decent place to work, very nice people, flexible
Test Car Driver (Current Employee), Auburn Hills, MIApril 25, 2012
Pros: being by yourself without constant supervision
Cons: low wage
• Lead driver
• In charge of test car driver group each day
• Inspected new vehicles coming off the line
• Test drive new and prototype vehicles
• Write reports on the findings of the drive (if there were any warranty issues or any thing causing problems with the vehicle)
Great lunch breaks
Janitorial (Former Employee), Livonia, MIApril 4, 2012
coming in to do my job learning about cars and parts having a great relationship with managment and co-workers.it was nothing hard about this job.i enjoyed getting up going.

About Roush

Roush Industries can put a roar under your hood. Through its subsidiaries, Roush Industries provides automotive engineering, development, – Read more

Roush Photos