Rover.com Employee Reviews

Great Side Hustle
Pet Sitter (Current Employee) –  Redmond, ORSeptember 18, 2017
Who couldn't love pet sitting as a side hustle when you absolutely love furkids?! These guys have been great to work with since acquiring DogVacay. I've had several new gigs & absolutely no complaints. This is not meant to be full time work which should be common sense. Rover's support has been great & driving potential customers my way very appreciated & helpful! Thanks Rover !!
Pros
Customer service, advertising, everything
great app t
Dog Walker/Pet Sitter (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 17, 2017
Love this app. I have gotten great clients through this app. Its easy to get paid, and to communicate with both the clients and customer service. I reccommend using this app
A fun side job!
Pet Sitter (Current Employee) –  South Florida, FLSeptember 14, 2017
Rover is great for a side job to get a little bit of extra income. I do NOT recommend it as a full time job as the amount of people asking you to watch their pets fluctuates.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
They take out 20% of your earnings
Flexible but inconsistent
Pet Sitter (Current Employee) –  Downingtown, PASeptember 12, 2017
I joined Rover.com as a pet sitter in July so I could start making a little extra money quickly while I was job hunting for something more consistent with regular hours. I have had a few overnights and have some drop in visits scheduled for this month, but I have found it to be an inconsistent source of income that really relies on recommendations/word of mouth and also making yourself available as much as possible - if your schedule is too strict, potential clients may go elsewhere. I like working with animals again, as I have missed it, but it is not a reliable/consistent way to make a living.
Pros
Flexibility, get to be with dogs and cats.
Cons
Inconsistent source of income
Fun, but Inconsistent
Pet Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Elsmere, KYSeptember 8, 2017
I found the position enjoyable, however my only real complaint is that business can be inconsistent and would not advise anyone to use this as a primary source of income.

I would recommend to anyone who wants to meet some good people and cute animals while making money in their spare time.
Workplace with an attitude.
Self Employed Contractor (Current Employee) –  DFW, TXSeptember 6, 2017
I enjoy working for with Rover very much, although the charge fee is quite high when taking on an assignment. There are many contractors working for Rover, and if each is required to pay 20% of their earnings, Rover is taking in a substantial percentage of people's earnings.

Wag.com and our former DogVacay only took 10%
Pros
I am not aware of any perks at this time.
Cons
I have not received any assignments in two months and their fee is high.
Fun way to get out and play while working
Care Provider (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 5, 2017
This job is a lot of fun as an animal lover, and I still enjoy doing it. I'm active and like to be outside either hiking or just hanging out in a park
productive work experience
Pet Sitter/House sitter (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 27, 2017
This company is excellent opportunity for retiree, stay at home moms, disabled or anyone who desires a home-based business. no stress!!! I truly love caring for animals because they bring me such joy and peace.
Pros
being my own boss
Cons
need more house sitting clients.
just started
Dog Sitter (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 26, 2017
I am being forced to write this in order to even use indeed.Com and it makes absolutely no sense because I just started and have not even had a client yet so I have absolutely nothing to write!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
ijuststarted
Cons
ijuststarted
Taking Care of Furballs
Dog & House Sitter / Present (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDAugust 26, 2017
If you enjoy relaxing at home and dog or house sitting, or if you want to have a dog-walking job for your spare time or when you get off your day job, then Rover is for you. Really, its so easy - you download the app, sign up, do a background check ($10), and then start making money. You set your own rates and choose which services you feel comfortable providing. Everything is customizable, and the app will pay for itself in no time! Highly recommend!!!
Pros
Dogs, Cats, Animals
Cons
Not Guaranteed

Want to know more about Rover.com?

Ask a question
Fun and exciting
Dog Walker (Current Employee) –  Elmendorf, TXAugust 24, 2017
I enjoy working with animals and seeing how people love their pets. It is fun because to me it does not feel like work. I love bonding with their pets.
Fun in your own home/ flexible hours
Pet sitter, Florida (Current Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLAugust 23, 2017
Rover is great for animal lovers and for someone who is searching to be their own boss and have flexible hours. With Rover you learn to handle your own business and make it into something big.
fun job
Dog Sitter (Current Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLAugust 18, 2017
hardest part of the job trying to see if the dogs like you or not.
most enjoyable part of the job playing with the dogs.
workplace culture is good.
a typical day at work is walking dogs and cleaning up after them.
Pros
playing with puppies
Cons
hard finding clients some times
great company for working with dogs and being your own boss
In home dog-sitter (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 18, 2017
great company if you love dogs, you can dog walk or dog sit in your home or theirs, get to be your own boss.
do have to do allow home visits and do pet meet and greets which take up some of your time and you don't get paid for that part
Pros
get to be your own boss
Cons
they don't take your taxes out for ya
Fun and team work
Rover (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZAugust 17, 2017
This job is for a person who can multitask and knows how to use time management, it was fun but the pay was bad. If you are a student and look for a part time its a good job.
Amazing Communication and Assistance
Dog Walker and Sitter (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 12, 2017
If you have a question or problem, either as a sitter or a client, you can just email them and within an hour they provide help and are very personal and polite.
Getting paid to do what love!
Dog sitter/walker (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 11, 2017
I use Rover as an a additional form of income. A typical day for me varies upon the current booking I have. I personally live in an apartment and am not allowed to have pets so I love the option of being able to house-sit client's dogs at their own home.
Dog sitter/walker
Dog walker/sitter (Former Employee) –  NYAugust 8, 2017
It's nice because it gets yourself out there for pet owners to easily find you. However, the downfall is the amount of time it takes rover to pay you and they take a percentage. Then you can be paid by check, which can take up to 5 business days to be processed and arrive within 20 days and there is a 2$ fee for that or you can transfer your earnings to PayPal and once you transfer money from PayPal to your account there's also a fee for that. So by the time you finally get paid you aren't even getting close to what you would normally charge for your services.
Pros
Can make your own schedule and get to work with animals.
Cons
The fees!!
Flexible but not secure
Pet Sitter (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 2, 2017
There is no job security that comes with Rover. Not only is the website oversaturated with sitters, but the company does not support the sitters if a conflict arises. The flexibility is great, but there is no guarantee you will get clients.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Not much money, no job security
Great company to work for!
Dog Sitter/Walker (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 30, 2017
I am an animal lover and have a passion in providing care for a variety of pets. Rover is a great place for me to get connected with pet owners looking for a loving sitter.
Pros
Get to love on animals and make your own schedule
Cons
Sporadic schedule

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rover.com. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4