Rovi Corporation

Rovi Corporation Employer Reviews

Good products bad culture
Data Operations (Former Employee), Radnor, PAMarch 26, 2014
Job work / life balance is non-existent. Expected to work overtime all the time. Constantly short on staff. Unrealistic expectations. Upper management is detached from reality and their employees. Good benefits, compensation could be much better. Many positions are underpaid.
Pretty good experience
MS SQL BI Developer (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CAJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: free lunch on fridays
Cons: so many tasks, and so little resources
Everyday is always different, very fast pace. Need more resources in the development team.
Professional but fun place to work.
Legal Administrator (Former Employee), Burbank, CASeptember 18, 2013
Overall, Rovi Corporation is an excellent place of employment.
Challenging
National Account Executive (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 27, 2013
Push, push, push - otherwise you will not succeed at selling Rovi's interactive properties.
Excellent benefits program and great work enviornment
Client Service Representative (Former Employee), Playa Vista, CAFebruary 8, 2013
Pros: excellent work environment
Cons: job advancement
My day would start from 8:30 AM to 5 PM, Monday to Friday. Being a Rovi employee brought out the best in me. My managers and coworkers were a pleasure to work with and are knowledgeable in both their actual jobs as well as with the mission of the company. The hardest part of the job has to be actually getting there. I live 18 miles away but the commute – more... can take well over an hour. Besides the commute the actual job and environment are all a pleasure. The most enjoyable part about working for Rovi are their incentives for continuing to strive to be a better employee and person. They put together a lot of out of office activities and offer bonuses for producing hard work. The draw back is job security and advancement. I've known several employees that have been with the company for years only to end up leaving because job advancement is scarce. – less
Great place to work and learn state of the art technologies
Lead QA Engineer (Former Employee), Bedford, MAJanuary 13, 2013
Cons: employees should be prepared to work across multiple time zones
• Rovi is a great place to work; there is never a dull moment at any given day. Plenty of opportunities for career advancements.
• At this company employees are exposed to new challenges throughout their careers. This is in turn helps employees learn new skills.
• Very open and approachable management, all managers treat employees as peers and with – more... respect.
• Excellent co-workers make day to day work a pleasure.
• Due to company offices spread across the world at times one might feels they have to work day and night, attending conference calls etc.
• The work place environment, freedom to make decisions allows a person to achieve their best. – less
A great company. A really fun place to work with some of the nicest, most creative people I've ever met.
Data Entry/Scheduling Reporter (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIOctober 8, 2012
I had the pleasure of working under great managers. They were really good at giving direction and guidance and their feedback was always constructive and helpful.

I had awesome co-workers who were very helpful and there a really high morale with the group. Even between those that are in different departments there is a strong team bond.
first 5 years best place i worked in my career.
DVD/ACP Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CASeptember 28, 2012
Pros: free breakfast. gym
Cons: the culture of the company changed from employee focus to executive focus.
certify DVD and PCDVD products for Analog video copy protection. Some of the finest professional employees in my career.
Great Perks!
Ind. Contributor (Current Employee), Ny, NYFebruary 19, 2012
Awesome, competitive perks! Great service to customers, company events, lots of training opportunities

About Rovi Corporation

Rovi is a global leader in digital entertainment. We create innovative technologies that connect people and the entertainment – Read more

Rovi Corporation Photos