Rowan Cabarrus Community College Employee Reviews

No organization
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCNovember 15, 2017
They are very laid back, and there is parking, but the way the English department is run is quite confusing. They reassign classes after assigning them and telling faculty it's their schedule, only to give the courses to someone else or cancel them (at their own discretion). They are unprofessional and "pick," like 5th graders.
They will literally develop a grudge for faculty for no reason and are very passive aggressive.
The only people who should want to work for this department are bullies and pushovers. You must be one of the other.
Library Services
Library Services (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCAugust 30, 2017
Calm, relaxed palace to work. Only downside is it's always part time with no benefits.
Downside to part time no benefits is a constant turn over every few months or each year.
Motivating place to work.
IT Intern (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCJune 5, 2017
While working as an IT Intern Technician I was able to gain work experience through hands involvement. As a tech we supported the school's Thin Client computers. An average day could range from updating expired passwords to troubleshooting hardware issues.
Great people to work with
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCJuly 20, 2016
Coming off of a complete overhaul of management and movement to a new location things were a bit unorganized. But working at RCCC gave me a great test to my skills as an IT technician. The organization process was a big hurdle to master, but it came along in time.
Pros
Always someone available to call if you ran into something you could not workout.
Cons
very unorganized and constantly moving people from one campus to another
Great place and people to work for.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCJune 10, 2016
My typical day at work would be work on special projects; verifying and filing certification for staff. I work with some great people.
Summary
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, NCApril 10, 2016
On the outside the college looks highly functional, however there are some very non-traditional and socially unacceptable things going on as well as a Human Resources Department which is unethical
A great place to work
Library Services Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kannapolis, NCNovember 3, 2015
I have been employed at RCCC for many years and I am so grateful for the experience. I enjoy helping and interacting with the students, and I work with a great team of co-workers. I leaned most of my computer skills while being employed here, while being informed on new updated versions of technology. Management is very understanding of your needs and always try to find solutions to your problems if any arise. My only complaint about working here is not being able to work full-time and everyone's hours are always being cut constantly.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Not enough hours
Great Co-Workers, Supervisors and Management
Library Services Assistant (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaOctober 27, 2015
I learned a lot while working at RCCC. The co-workers are awesome as well as the Supervisors. This is a great place to work!
Cons
Part time hours are very low. Hard to get on as full-time.
Leadership and support
Director of Evenings Operations -South Campus (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCJanuary 19, 2015
Maintains the integrity of the College’s Mission Statement
♦ Monitors overall Campus Operations for internal/external Campus environment
♦ Oversees the Academic Programs and Student Services Office
♦ Ensures that evening classes and activities are maintained at the highest level
♦ Provides leadership and professionalism to staff, students and faculty
♦ Administrator of all law enforcement personnel
Pros
Student development
Cons
Drive time
Community College Review
Developmental Reading and English Instructor (Current Employee) –  Kannapolis, NCNovember 9, 2014
Working for this instiution has been a wonderful stepping stone for a career in higer education. For the most part, the students are eager to learn and are gratfeful for the small class size which allow the personal touch larger institutions are unable to offer.
Great work atmosphere!
Part-time Instructor, per contract (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, NCOctober 13, 2014
I really liked the work I did at RCCC, and I really liked my supervisors and the attitude of the people I worked with. I was provided with excellent training, and a great work environment. The position is on a "per contract" basis, however, and, sadly for me, not enough students are enrolling in the class I teach, so that I have not been receiving any contracts for work for quite some time. I would love to be able to teach on a consistent basis for RCCC.
able to help other students
Star Center Tutor (Former Employee) –  Kannapolis, NCJuly 22, 2014
It was a great feeling to be able to help other students. I enjoy helping other people.
Customer Service
College Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCMay 8, 2014
Overall great place to work. Learned all aspects of the college, as well as becoming a leader to the department.
It was good experience
Success/Study Skills Instructor (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCSeptember 29, 2013
I had never taught before and wasn't sure how this would turn out but I'm glad I was able to teach, it was an amazing experience!
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
Part time
Excellent work environment
Math Instructor (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, NCJanuary 9, 2013
Absolutely love my job & working here, although being part time, no benefits is unappealing
Pros
excellent environment
Cons
no part time benefits
fun working with co-workers, Upper Management have no ethical values or integrity
Shipping and Receiving clerk (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCDecember 12, 2012
Time wasted working here. Could've worked other places just to get laid off.
Computer Programming Tutor
Computer Programming Tutor (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, North CarolinaOctober 8, 2012
You will find that working for Rowan Cabarrus Community College to be an enjoyable and excellent learning experience. Everyday I find a new problem to solve in many different forms of hardware and software. I have had a wonderful time working there, but sadly there is no opportunity for advancement with my current experience. That and I need to specialize in computer programming, and RCCC cannot suit that need.
Pros
quick paced learning environment and wonderful employees and staff
Cons
lack of advancement or full time job positions