Rowan Companies Employee Reviews

Not the Rowan they used to be
N/A (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 11, 2017
You're only there until they fire you, if they haven't fired you yet, tomorrow is a new day, don't worry they'll find a reason. No stability in offshore, no loyalty to their employees at all.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
No security, constantly fearing a new layoff
Horrible Work Environment
Accounting (Current Employee) –  AccountingSeptember 22, 2017
Over the last two years this Company has become a sweat shop. The CEO is a workaholic and the management team underneath him has no ability to say enough. The personnel who are praised are those that have no work/life balance and people are flocking away from this entity
It was a stressful job but it was a learning expernicr
Driller (Current Employee) –  Middle EastSeptember 19, 2017
I worked in the Middle East for almost six years it was a learning expernice. Got to work with a bunch of different cultures. Working over seas brought me a lot of knowledge and understanding
Pros
Pay was good
Cons
Communication
Rowan companies
Roustabout (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 14, 2017
Rowan has changed to much from the company they were 3yrs ago. Management has taken a turn for the worse an when they went deep water they weren't ready for the expansion an the ground level employees felt the lack if leadership and job security but more importantly they forgot what made Rowan great an that was they took care of there employees like family now it's just a numbers game
Pros
Good guys to work beside, pay is good for everyone other then roustabouts benefits an insurance are great
Cons
Poor management lack of leadership most workers are over paid in their role and just collect a check
Workkplace Culture
Global Learning Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 12, 2017
It's a small company and you get that feeling once you've been there a while. Rowan has great benefits and vacation time off. I enjoyed working there just didn't like my commute.
Productive and fun workplace
Payroll analyst I (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 7, 2017
It works 5 days in a week
It was a good opportunity and nice co-workers and management was good as well.
i had not had the hard time in Rowan company, i love what i was doing, the HR department EE's were very respected and helpful,
i really appreciate this opportunity.
Great Company
Safety Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 29, 2017
I'm only looking for a job because Rowan doesn't have a lot of work going on. Rowan has been a great company to me and my family. I have company to me and my family.
Rowan companies
Roughneck/Floorhand (Former Employee) –  GomAugust 28, 2017
I loved Rowan and if the industry wasn't down right now I would still be with them. Rowan always took care of the hands and helped anybody in anyway possible.
Great work place with a good benefits program
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 23, 2017
I love working for this company and its employees. Positive atmosphere and competitive pay. They offer a condensed work week which allows for a half day Friday.
Safe and Productive workplace
QMED/ Motorman (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 11, 2017
A day on the Rowan Reliance:

As an Oiler on the the Rowan Reliance, I primarily supported plant operation and maintenance duties in the engine room and occasionally on deck support equipment . Drillship plant operation mirrors work on a similarly outfitted medium speed diesel electric plant on deep sea ships.

Daily oiler duties typically include morning and afternoon plant rounds along with work on the open projects on the engine room. The Engineering crew on the Reliance performs all recurring maintenance on the diesel generators, propulsion thrusters, sewage treatment plant, fresh water evaporators, liquid transfers, hydraulic packs, and the FO/LO purifiers. In the engine room, oilers work alongside a 3rd Engineer for most of the hands-on work directed by the preventive maintenance schedule and corrective maintenance as required. For inspection and maintenance evolutions, the oiler assists with appropriate Lock out-Tag out (LOTO) procedures, component disassembly, cleaning, measurements, and reassembly. As part of the LOTO process, the engineers encourage broad system understanding along with the ability to analyze system plates to ensure safe isolation.

The engineering leadership demands a safe and clean working environment, so a strong focus is placed on proper use of safety equipment, use of the correct tool for the job, and engine room housekeeping. In addition to the daily ship duties, the rig is complex enough that learning opportunities are available in other disciplines as time allows. The ability to help the Electricians, Electronics Technicians,
  more... Welders, or Rig Mechanics allows exposure to many different components and work styles  less
Pros
Matched 401K options and pension
Cons
Management and supervisors
The company I broke out with
Roustabout on Jack-Up drilling rigs (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 13, 2017
Rowan is the company that started my offshore career. I worked with them for 1 year before branching out to better things (Deepwater). At that time, Rowan only had jack-up rigs.
Family Oriented Company
Personnel/Benefits Secretary (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 10, 2017
I started so many years ago as a 31 year old single mother of two small daughters. The company was so good to us for the 30 years I worked for them. (I started off as a temporary for almost 2 years) but was permanent for 28. Rowan is a very good company to work - they give you a chance to improve and advance.I returned to school to get my Records Management Associates Degree and as soon as I graduated in 1989 - they promoted me to a supervisory position. I learned so much while I was at Rowan.
Pros
Family Oriented
Cons
Retired me because I wouldn't "play nice" with the bosses' girlfriend
Great place to work.
ELECTRICAL PRESERVATIONIST (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 3, 2017
Rowan is one of the best places I have ever worked . This company treats it employees well just like family the are very supportive . Team work is a big in this company and it shows by its success
Pros
Great plase to work
Cons
Hard to move up
Asst subsea engineer
Assistant Subsea Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 19, 2017
The most enjoyable part of this job is solving problems when deploying Subsea equipment to the sea floor. The most difficult part of the job is the time away from my family.
Good company
Manager - Strategic Sourcing- Global Supply Chain (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 13, 2017
Great company with nice co workers. Need more structure as not all of company is on the same page. Needs improvements in technology and supply chain. Erp system needs to be upgraded to ensure operations are on one system.
Typical Deep Water Company
ETO/Electronic Technician (Current Employee) –  Gulf of MexicoJune 9, 2017
Corporate steadily lines their pockets with cash while they push the people who make them money out of jobs. They've turned into just another typical deep water company.
Severe downsizing last 3 years
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 4, 2017
Great company to work for until lay-offs which continue to date. I was able to grow considerably during my tenure at Rowan and am forever grateful for those experiences.
Very good to work for,and employee oriented.
Roustabout up thru to driller (Former Employee) –  Houston TexasMay 26, 2017
Rowan treated and respected my family over the 14 years.Offering industry wage increases annually with great benefits,and RRSP contributions .
For giving my family and I what we have today from our life in the offshore industry.
Pros
All good.
Safe, Efficient, and Challenging
Electrical Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Gulf of Mexico, United StatesMay 24, 2017
Supervise a highly skilled electrical maintenance team that has contributed to a number of operational excellence awards. The work is challenging at times though together as a team, we can accomplish anything. The mission here is clear, and safety is first and foremost. Excellent place to work!
hostile work environment
Health Safety Environmental Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 23, 2017
Management in corporate office unaware or not concerned about the work environment on the rig. OIM not held accountable for there actions. My opinion is that I was not treated fairly due to a number of circumstances.
Pros
working with some good people
Cons
OIM and Houston management