Rowland Reading Foundation, publisher of the Superkids K-2 core reading program, seeks an experienced sales representative with a background in reading instruction for Ohio and Michigan. The focus is approximately 75% OH and 25% MI, so residence in OH is strongly preferred. This is a full-time position with benefits.
This position will serve as the link between the printed pages of our reading program and school administrators, primary classroom teachers, and students using the program. In this role, the individual will be asked to provide the following services:
- Prospect for new sales opportunities and follow up on leads and campaign responses―the primary focus is on developing public school business in OH and MI, as well as continuing to market to Catholic, Charter, and independent schools in the sales territory.
- Record field activity and report weekly in CRM and manage opportunities (similar to Sales Force or other customer relations systems)
- Schedule and conduct awareness/promotional meetings
- Make sales presentations regarding the program
- Develop and execute an annual sales and marketing plan and meet sales goals
- Provide initial installation in-service to new teachers, as needed
- Provide instructional support to classroom teachers, as needed
- Visit installations, particularly pilots and top five users
- Provide follow-up telephone and e-mail support to teachers
- Establish a positive image of our program with administrators in schools
- Attend educational conferences and exhibit product (national and local)
- Minimum of 3 years’ elementary teaching experience
- Background in reading instruction or primary grade literacy
- Previous school consulting or sales experience required―preferably K-6
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office Suite products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PP)
- Prior experience using a data management system like CRM
- Moderate overnight travel required within the territory and for national conferences and meetings
Interested candidates should visit www.superkidsreading.org. Please submit a resume and coverletter for consideration.
Rowland Reading Foundation is dedicated to improving reading instruction in the primary grades. The Foundation fulfills its mission by:...