Rowland Unified School District

Rowland Unified School District United States Employee Reviews

I love my job
Career Vocational Assistant (Current Employee), Rowland Heights, CAJuly 16, 2014
My day is divided in three parts. Prepare students for work. Take to work. Return from work and write reviews and communicate with teacher about our day at work.
I am still learning about student disabilities and what they are able to learn and not learn.
The hardest part of my job is handling multiple levels of ability and learning to improvise at the very moment it is needed.
The most enjoyable part of my job is the satisfaction I get when I see what I taught the student was worthwhile.
Great unpaid work experience
SLPA Intern (Former Employee), Rowland Heights, CAOctober 20, 2013
I worked as an unpaid SLPA intern and I believe that the experience I got was amazing. The SLP's that I worked with were very kind and encouraging in helping me succeed in what I needed to know in my field.
great place to work if you like to work with kids
Instructional Assistant (Former Employee), Nogales High SchoolAugust 17, 2012
A typical day at work was trying to keep the special needs kids calm and teach them like a regular student at the school. I learned that not every kid is the same. My co-workers were wonderful, they all helped me out on the first day of work. The hardest part of the job was trying to teach a student something when he or she didn't want to at that exact moment. Most of all the most enjoyable part of the day was getting to work with the kids. They were all so much fun.
I liked this job very busy loved working with the staff and hrs were great.
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Rowland Heights, CAAugust 3, 2012
Pros: had a job for awhile and learned more office skills.
Cons: temporary job was not permanent.
I enjoyed my time there learned alot more, morning was attendance first for all grades K-6th, lunch count, answer phones take messages, work on emergency cards, manage sick students as they come in for assistance, assist principal with tasks, manage info in computer to keep it updated and assist new incoming students and parents.
Great place to develop one's teaching skills.
Classroom teacher (Former Employee), Rowland Heights, CAApril 30, 2012
Pros: great students and faculty.
Cons: 30 minute lunches
My teaching day was spent working with students who had mild learning disabilities. I taught them skills to become better readers and writers. I also retaught information from general education classes including English, world history, U.S. history, American government, economics, earth science, biology, and assorted electives. Sometimes, I went to the general education classroom to work with special education students directly in the classroom setting.