Roxbury Community College Employee Reviews in United States

working low budget limited
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 8, 2016
always able to look for solutions to any problem in our own .
we were cross train so that if we needed to cover for our coworker was done with not issue
Fun and Friendly place that is very diversed. Great environment for academic soloution for the low income students.
Human Resources Specialist/Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 20, 2015
Working at RCC for the past fifteen years has been a special experience for me, both because of the deep personal and professional connections I have made, and because of the special spirit that is present at the college.
Certain aspects of the position are especially inspirational. As an academic institution in a neighborhood that has been at the vanguard of anti-racism since before the Civil War, I believe RCC can, and should, have a leadership role in addressing fairness in hiring, along with other issues towards which our community is endowed with a special perspective by virtue of its diversity and history. Diversity improves productivity and, maybe even more importantly, creativity. I think we have done a good job at HR in incorporating diversity but, as with anything else, we can always strive to improve.
Pros
Diversity in all levels
Cons
Performance management feedback
Great Place to work
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY OPERATIONS MANGER (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 29, 2015
Excellent environment to work with great diversity.... The College has students from 120 different nationalities.

The College provides residents of the Commonwealth, specifically those individuals living in the greater Boston area, "optimum opportunity for access to a college education consistent with their interests and aptitudes and to reduce to a minimum economic, social, psychological and academic barriers to educational opportunity." The college's goals are the result of ideas generated by and from the college community and reflect a response to the needs of the larger Roxbury community.
Pros
Cons
Funding
Fun workplace
Writing Center Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 17, 2015
This is a work-study job so it was pretty relaxing and nobody bothered me, my co-workers and I got along very well. I enjoyed coming into work everyday I never had a problem with anyone
nice place to work
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 31, 2014
If you need to take the T and want to work in an academic environment, this is the place for you
slow work place
Desktop Technician (Former Employee) –  boston, maMay 27, 2014
I was the only technician for evening shift and I managed four buildings
enjoyed my time here
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 13, 2014
I enjoyed working here. I met a bunch of people and worked with an awesome staff.
Pros
close to home
Staff were really welcoming
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Roxbury, MAJanuary 31, 2014
I had a good time working there that summer. I have nothing negaative to say.
Pros
staff were nice
Cons
wish it wasn't only a summer job for me
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 8, 2013
Team oriented environment. Management made it a great place to work. If I moved back to Boston, I'd try to get my old job back.
Pros
very busy office; teamwork
productive and good professors
Work study student (Former Employee) –  twelfth baptist schoolAugust 12, 2013
it is actually a good starting point as they prepare students for their future goals and achievements
Pros
free tutoring sometimes
Cons
good environment
A typical Work day
CUSTOMER SERVICE SUPPORT/ ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 26, 2013
I enjoyed working at Roxbury Community College. I looked forward to helping the students.
The environment was great, dealing with students with different culture and background were fun
Financial Aid Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 25, 2013
Moved to Boston, MA was the best thing that can happen to me. I started as work-study student and after graduation they promoted me as Financial-Bookkeeper because of the bilangual students volume. It was a great experience for me
Pros
education is the best for success
Cons
without a good education, your future can be destroyed
Great college, great workers, and great environment
Library assistant (Former Employee) –  Roxbury, MAJune 14, 2012
i loved working here, i was first a student then i got a job at the library which is a great space and made friends with my co-workers
Work Life
Administrative Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 18, 2012
This was a work study position but I felt that this was a great job and I loved all of my co-workers. I was able to work with a number of different people. I worked for them from 2005 until 2008 before I graduated.