Roy Rogers Employee Reviews in United States

productive and a fun atmosphere
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Cumberland, MDMay 23, 2016
A typical day at work was the normal routine, coming in and making sure the customers came to a clean restaurant where no trash was piling up and no trash on the ground in the parking lot. When we weren't busy and we had our work caught up, we would joke around and have fun while making sure we got back to work once a customer came in. I learned more about food prep and handling. The management staff made sure that the workplace was kept up and tidy so that we didn't have a dirty restaurant for people to see. The co-workers were awesome and even though we were short staffed sometimes, everyone kept up the work and made sure customers were happy. There wasn't really any hard part of the job, but if i had to pick something that was hard to do, it would be to keep up with dishes, as there was dishes constantly being brought back for me to do. The most enjoyable part of the job was when it was near closing time and work was caught up and we would have fun.
Pros
Free drinks, discounted meals, half hour breaks
Cons
busy
Fun place to work with flexible hours and good managers
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Cumberland, MDApril 25, 2016
Working at Roy Rogers was always a good time. Every time I came into work the other employees and managers were always nice to me and we could always joke around and have a fun time. They really worked with my college schedule well so I would have a good balance between long hours at work and still have time for college and social life.
Pros
50% off while working
constant business
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pine Beach, NJApril 6, 2016
Working at Roy Rogers was a great experience. The managers are great and so were my co-workers. Everyone worked together and made you feel welcome
A great work environment
CASHIER/FOOD ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Westminster, MDMarch 23, 2016
fast paced, multitasking job. great managers, great company to work for. All co-workers were team players. Meeting and getting to know your customers I enjoyed. Taking accurate orders and fast customer service.
loveable
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, MDFebruary 1, 2016
great experience working at Roy rogers... it one of those places that I would like to come back and work... friendly people great food.. good customer service.. family function
Roy Rogers Was Good
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDDecember 22, 2015
Lots of good co-workers came and went through there.
When I left the store I remembered it being clean.
Management had forced employees that were supposed to from 1:00 pm to 10:30 pm, to 3:00 am in the morning because the fairgrounds ended at 10:00 pm and everyone came straight over to eat. Then demanded those of us that were scheduled for 9:00 am the next day to still come in.
Pros
Great Food
Cons
Lack of respect for employees
Fun Place to work at
Manager (Former Employee) –  NJOctober 13, 2015
The core crew members and management team worked together for years. It was a good place to work we all were able to work as team.
Pros
Core group of crew
Cons
hard to find new crew members
Productive and fun to work for
Swing Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAAugust 10, 2015
I learned many things while working at Roy Rogers. Advancement came easy. When I started, we worked at a loss. New management came in and excited the employees, myself included. Before long we were actually turning a profit and had the establishment running in a more attractive a productive manner.
Pros
Great crew, perfect hours, awesome management
Cons
Hardees bought the company and we closed shortly after
good place
Asst. Manger (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, NYJuly 18, 2015
great team. good people. a lot of fun. great management team. wish it was it still open. good hours and pay. good amount for respect from everyone.
Fun and energetic place to work
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDJuly 8, 2015
This company is amazing. They really take care of their employees, from hourly to salary. Every year they provide a week full of fun and goodies to show their appreciation to the staff. They also hold meetings monthly and keep the staff involved. The room for advancement is great. If you stick with the company and show you have the drive and skills they desire you will certainly go places with Roy Rogers.
Pros
Great Appreciation for their employees
Cons
It's resturant work, so work is 7 days a week
Too strict
Cook (Former Employee) –  Solomons, MDJuly 6, 2015
They weren't very understanding of situations that came up unexpectedly. Really awful hours provided. no opportunity for promotions.
Nice place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAMay 30, 2015
The place itself was nice. The GM was very mean, though. The assistance manager was awesome. The typical day was count your drawer, take orders, pack bags, and get your side work done. Which would include cleaning and stocking. And then you would count your drawer again. Pretty basic fast food job.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
People were rude and the general manager
Busy and Interactive
Backline (fry-cook) (Former Employee) –  Burtonsville, MDJanuary 11, 2015
On a typical day I would cook and wash dishes and prepare food for the customers. I would wash and clean cooking items, also I would take out the trash and mop the floor. What I learned from working there was how to cook under pressure, now I feel comfortable cooking for people and in front of people.
Pros
did different things
Cons
short breaks
Temporary Job
Register/Food Attendant (Former Employee) –  Waldorf, MDJuly 3, 2014
There are plenty of shifts and a lot of different things you can take on by working there. All the co-workers are very friendly. The hardest part of the job is talking to rude customers.
Pros
50% off lunch
Cons
cut back hours, not considerate
Minimum Wage
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE/ CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 16, 2014
This was a typical fast food corporation. Huge manpower turnover, and very little work satisfaction. Only good for high school students.
Fast Paced, but fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Burtonsville, MDApril 7, 2014
Fun place to be. Co workers always made the day fun and enjoyable, but we were also sure to get all work done, as well as always put the customers and their needs first and foremost.
very fun workplace
everything (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 26, 2014
My day was starting at 6 am coming in and opening the rest. I enjoyed every part of my job there. I loved it when they trusted me to become an assistant manager and I did that for 10 years.
Pros
fun work plave and co workers
Cons
they closed down and i had to quit
Fast paced environment, never down time
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDJanuary 7, 2014
In a typical day at work on through the week days would be arriving at 5 in the morning to start prepping for business that day. I would also run the registers. Co-workers were okay, there are some people u get along with and some you dont. The fast food industry is so diverse its hard to say who will befriend you .
Challenge of forecasting customer traffic
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Coraopolis, PAJanuary 1, 2014
Preparing and forecasting food product for the day was the challenge. When hiring teen-agers, you have to coddle and nurture them into learning work skills. A lot of training and support.
Pros
free food!
Cons
teenage drama
Sales
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDNovember 2, 2013
Best first job, great people and great training. If it wasnt for money I wouldn't of left.