Royal Bank of Canada

Royal Bank of Canada United States Employee Reviews

Great Place to work at
Prefer not to disclose (Former Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 31, 2015
Amazing people to work with. The work was enjoyable and the management team truly cared. The benefits were good as well.
Infonet infoworks IMS IMSIW
Technical consultant (Former Employee), MinneapolisJanuary 9, 2015
C# applications, Web application development and support with Database migration from SQL server 2000 to 2008 and its dependant application. It covers 65 applications (Including front office applications), 42 databases. Applications were on different technologies like classic asp, asp.net with c#.net, vb.net. This includes much of intranet applications used in banking and Wealth management departments. All the application database objects were schema prefixed and access rights were granted based on schema as per the security reasons on banking portals. Analysis of the database worked with architecture, implemented migrations. Worked in all phases of SDLC to meet customer requirement and delivered optimal solution.

Responsibilities:
• Designed and developed C# & ASP.net applications (MVC).
• Worked in Agile, TDD, and BDD methodologies.
• Analyzed various databases and its dependant applications.
• Analyzed the number of users and the application’s criticality.
• Involved in designing, critical decision making and downtime.
• Suggested optimal solutions to improve performance.
• Provided required changes for the application to connect to the database, irrespective of the technology.
• Made sure trading/online banking application is available 24/7 during migration
• Reviewed the code and gave them the review comments for performance of the application was tuned well in advance and the impact of it was analyzed.
• Designed an implementation plan and its rollback plan for crisis without affecting the business.
• Monitored SQL and Zeke jobs for banking related processing.
• Build, – more... deploy and maintain the application
• Involved in Root cause analysis.
• Lead a team of 12 members.
• Experienced in converting DTS packages to SSIS packages.
• Used Microsoft visual source safe for configuration and release management
• Experienced in migrating 42 databases and its dependant 65 applications in banking and financial domains.
• Created parameterized reports, drilldown, ad-hoc reports, custom reports using SSRS (MSBI). – less
Mortgage Broker
Mortgage Banker (Former Employee), Bellevue, WANovember 9, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: stress level
Royal Bank of Canada was a part of I very large Canadian Company. The pay was straight commission, so sales skills were imperitave.
NIce place to work
Senior Risk Underwriter (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCOctober 2, 2014
Obtained international experience reviewing Canadain financials and assets
Unrealistic Goals provided for a remote island, with two Banks.
BRANCH MANAGER (Former Employee), Grays, Long Island, BahamasSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: medical benefits
Cons: long work hours with no overtime pay.
Personally knowing the clients and their trustworthiness was a plus when making a decision to lend.

Each day was not only spent behind a closed door with an appointment or walk in client but I also gave my time on the front line greeting and or assisting where possible.

In recent years with so many restrictions to lending, it was hard to qualify many of those persons who had borrowed on numerous occasions with good paying records, this became the hardest for me when management would not consider past record.

Staff got along well and were cooperative in getting the job done to please the customer.
Professional Workplace
Customer Service Member (Former Employee), Harbour Island BahamasSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: interacting with customers
Cons: no healthcare coverage
I started my first banking job at the age of seventeen. Each day I followed bank policies and procedures, and applied a high degree of accuracy as I processed transactions in a timely manner. From the beginning, I was committed to ensuring an exceptional level of customer service and maintaining it. I enjoyed working with my team and solving problems on my own.
VP Executive Protection Royal Bank of Canada U.S. Capital Markets
VP/ Executive and Personnel Protection (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 19, 2014
Pros: opportunity to work in the area of regulatory compliance
Cons: no room for advancement
Initially assigned to EP for Co-CEO US Capital Markets, slowly however the job description drifted far from center. Just finishing my MS in Economic Crime Management I found myself assisting in areas of regulatory compliance, SOX, AML, and dealing with SEC examiners and Chief of Compliance along with EP duties in US, Latin America and Caribbean. I found I enjoyed the regulatory compliance portion of my tasks, but focus needed to be maintained on my EP responsibilities and drifted back accordingly. recognizing the company culture, a Canadian Bank this institution was different, I recognized this shortly and made the necessary adjustments, however I could see there would be no room for advancement as I was the only "security" entity hired outside of Toronto's head quarters.
I had a good working experience at Royal Bank of Canada
Senior Programmer Analyst (Consultant) (Former Employee), New York CityJuly 22, 2014
Royal Bank of Canada is a top 500 company in regard to quality of work place
Everything there was wonderful. Salary and benefits were perfect. Was quite happy!
Administrative Assistant, Corporate Banking (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 10, 2014
Pros: benefits were out of this world..
Cons: some seniors i reported to were very stressed, and passed that to me.
I reported to more than 7 managers. The work and high and low periods. The pay and benefits were simply awesome. The people were smart and nice to be around. It was interesting and lots of what was done involved large finance..
Stressful Trading Floor Environment
COMMODITIES ANALYST - POWER (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHJune 10, 2014
Pros: co workers, not any day is the same as the previous.
Cons: busy, stressful.
Typical day is 8-5 with a brief chance to sneak out for a quick walk. Long days with stressful and hectic environment.
good company
Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 29, 2014
This is a good company. Great team and management.
Many Opportunities for growth
Administrative Assistant- Private Banking (Former Employee), Miami, FLApril 22, 2014
What I liked the most about Royal Bank of Canada was the opportunity they give to all employees for growth through educational training sessions about procedures of specific tasks of the company.
That gave employees a deeper insight of he company's operations.
Company was sold to PNC Bank
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT TO MARKET PRESIDENT SE FLORIDA (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLMarch 16, 2014
My postion was to be eliminated.
I assited the SE Market President and the TRegional manager of 13 branches in SE Floirda
Fun place to work with good adhoc assignments
Middle Office Team Lead (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: free lunch on friday, casual friday, happy hours
Cons: long hours from time to time
Day goes fast trying to help cover 15 traders and senior management. Traders are always in need of data and analytics so the information has to be accurate and on time. As with the senior management, I get to work on a lot of projects and adhoc assignments. These are fun but time consuming as we can't use previous templates for a new adhoc assignment.
Great Experience
Human Resource Employee Careline Representative (Former Employee), Rocky Mount, North CarolinaFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: helping others
A typical day included handling incoming hr questions from current and past employees. I also helped refer disciplinary questions over to the senior hr analyst. Handle incoming unemployment claims, conduct over the phone claims hearings.

Wonderful job, I enjoyed the team I worked with each and everyday.
Productive and challenging
Sales (Former Employee), Liberty, CAJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: managed by self.
Cons: working 50-60 hours a week.
Interacting with different clients and meeting business owners. Enjoyed meeting new people and the hardest part was the hours spend.
Very productive, great learning, implementing different ideas, No free time during working hours on trading floor.
QA lead and Developer (Current Employee), New York, NYDecember 17, 2013
Pros: lots of learning
Cons: sometimes facing office politics, but you have to live with it. its everywhere.
> Great experience of working on trading floor and busy day handling front office.

> Learned
1.handling front office/traders pressure
2.How the trading system works
3.Criticality of the system of affecting business directly

> management is good in terms of taking care of resources, arranging year end parties, arranging lunch and learn sessions.

> coworkers include great people as well as tough people to work with. But everyone is knowledgeable in their areas of skills and it always helped me to learn something from them.

> hardest part sometimes handling 2 client managers.

> Most enjoyable part is connecting to test exchanges (NYSE,NASDAQ etc) and doing actual trading testing. This really helped me knowing how actually end to end trading takes place.
Broker (Former Employee), Des Moines, IADecember 13, 2013
Pros: loved the job of consulting
Cons: always on the chopping block
Loved the job but it wasn't an atmosphere where you felt a part of a team. Every man/woman for them self.
Productive day at Royal Bank
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), St. KittsDecember 8, 2013
Pros: personable co-workers
Cons: salary
A typical day at Royal Bank of Canada begins at 7:45 am when I report to work in preparation for greeting customers at 8:00 am. While working at the bank, I learned the importance of team work/effort so as to get the job done. I also learned how imperative it is to have 'The customer is always right ' attitude, so as to invoke empathy when dealing with customer transaction discrepancy/ customer inquiries.

Management were very supportive, giving us the necessary training that would help us serve our customers better, each time. My co-workers were inviting, always willing to lend a hand where necessary. There were times when personalities clashed but we all learned to 'agree to disagree' in the best interest of providing excellent customer care.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with different personalities and trying to find a middle ground so that the environment felt conducive and fun/pleasant to work in. The most enjoyable part of the job was being rewarded weekly/quarterly for going over and beyond the call of duty in customer service and sales.
Good Work Environment
Service Desk Analyst - Tier 1 (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MinnesotaDecember 6, 2013
The Tier1 desk and the other teams around are very helpful. The people that work there are also very friendly and approachable.

Royal Bank of Canada Salaries