Royal Bank of Canada Employee Reviews

Mortgage Banker (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 4, 2015
Productive, fun, independent, growth-oriented, driven, analysis, research, education and training, investment, teamwork, quality control, client-centered, focused.
Productive, excellent leadership skills, focused, positive personality,excellent communication skills
Manager, Global AML Compliance Governance (Former Employee), Raleigh, North Carolina & Toronto, CanadaAugust 4, 2015
Pros: Practical, excellent leader, excellent communication skills
Cons: work continuously until goals exceeded
Developed & implemented AML audit review program that is currently used internationally for the bank. Successfully communicated with senior management and Board of Directors about issues, action plans, and its variables, as well keeping a practical focus ion its achievements. Team oriented and excellent leadership skills have always allowed me to enhance and encourage my direct reports to work together and several have been successfully promoted to higher positions.
Am a loyal person and believe in company pride and success through team work.
Good corporation
Relatioship Officer (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 9, 2015
Pros: Excellent benefits
Cons: n/a
Assisting private banking managers.
Improved knowledge banking issues
Management: really personal. Good relationship
Co-workers: friendly and helpful
Enjoyed contact with international clients
Temporary Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 25, 2015
Pros: Group lunch
Cons: short breaks
Very busy day, with lot of new skills to learn, good management, friendly environment, very professional, dealing with clients
Productive and Fun place to work
Consultant (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 4, 2015
Short term project with good experience. First work in IT project.
Very cooperative atmosphere. RBC is good place to work.
Great Company to work for
Wholesale Lending/Sales Representative (Former Employee), Palm Beach Gardens, FLJune 1, 2015
Prepared competitive quotes and performed all follow-through and sales support functions to develop new accounts, provided outstanding customer service through wholesale loans including: Identifying buyer needs, both current and anticipated, Introducing bank products and services. Kept relationships with brokers to maintain a steady pipeline and achieved my monthly quota consistently
Excellent Bank and place to work
Jr. Relationship Officer (Former Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: great company
Cons: few offices
Great Management, good people.
Career path and recognition is part of the Bank culture.
Generous benefits and great clients.
Great Place to work at
Prefer not to disclose (Former Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 31, 2015
Amazing people to work with. The work was enjoyable and the management team truly cared. The benefits were good as well.
Infonet infoworks IMS IMSIW
Technical consultant (Former Employee), MinneapolisJanuary 9, 2015
C# applications, Web application development and support with Database migration from SQL server 2000 to 2008 and its dependant application. It covers 65 applications (Including front office applications), 42 databases. Applications were on different technologies like classic asp, asp.net with c#.net, vb.net. This includes much of intranet applications used in banking and Wealth management departments. – more... All the application database objects were schema prefixed and access rights were granted based on schema as per the security reasons on banking portals. Analysis of the database worked with architecture, implemented migrations. Worked in all phases of SDLC to meet customer requirement and delivered optimal solution.

Responsibilities:
• Designed and developed C# & ASP.net applications (MVC).
• Worked in Agile, TDD, and BDD methodologies.
• Analyzed various databases and its dependant applications.
• Analyzed the number of users and the application’s criticality.
• Involved in designing, critical decision making and downtime.
• Suggested optimal solutions to improve performance.
• Provided required changes for the application to connect to the database, irrespective of the technology.
• Made sure trading/online banking application is available 24/7 during migration
• Reviewed the code and gave them the review comments for performance of the application was tuned well in advance and the impact of it was analyzed.
• Designed an implementation plan and its rollback plan for crisis without affecting the business.
• Monitored SQL and Zeke jobs for banking related processing.
• Build, deploy and maintain the application
• Involved in Root cause analysis.
• Lead a team of 12 members.
• Experienced in converting DTS packages to SSIS packages.
• Used Microsoft visual source safe for configuration and release management
• Experienced in migrating 42 databases and its dependant 65 applications in banking and financial domains.
• Created parameterized reports, drilldown, ad-hoc reports, custom reports using SSRS (MSBI). – less
Mortgage Broker
Mortgage Banker (Former Employee), Bellevue, WANovember 9, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: stress level
Royal Bank of Canada was a part of I very large Canadian Company. The pay was straight commission, so sales skills were imperitave.
NIce place to work
Senior Risk Underwriter (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCOctober 2, 2014
Obtained international experience reviewing Canadain financials and assets
Unrealistic Goals provided for a remote island, with two Banks.
BRANCH MANAGER (Former Employee), Grays, Long Island, BahamasSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: medical benefits
Cons: long work hours with no overtime pay.
Personally knowing the clients and their trustworthiness was a plus when making a decision to lend.

Each day was not only spent behind a closed door with an appointment or walk in client but I also gave my time on the front line greeting and or assisting where possible.

In recent years with so many restrictions to lending, it was hard to qualify many of those persons who had borrowed on numerous occasions with good paying records, this became the hardest for me when management would not consider past record.

Staff got along well and were cooperative in getting the job done to please the customer.
Professional Workplace
Customer Service Member (Former Employee), Harbour Island BahamasSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: interacting with customers
Cons: no healthcare coverage
I started my first banking job at the age of seventeen. Each day I followed bank policies and procedures, and applied a high degree of accuracy as I processed transactions in a timely manner. From the beginning, I was committed to ensuring an exceptional level of customer service and maintaining it. I enjoyed working with my team and solving problems on my own.
VP Executive Protection Royal Bank of Canada U.S. Capital Markets
VP/ Executive and Personnel Protection (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 19, 2014
Pros: opportunity to work in the area of regulatory compliance
Cons: no room for advancement
Initially assigned to EP for Co-CEO US Capital Markets, slowly however the job description drifted far from center. Just finishing my MS in Economic Crime Management I found myself assisting in areas of regulatory compliance, SOX, AML, and dealing with SEC examiners and Chief of Compliance along with EP duties in US, Latin America and Caribbean. I found I enjoyed the regulatory compliance portion of my tasks, but focus needed to be maintained on my EP responsibilities and drifted back accordingly. recognizing the company culture, a Canadian Bank this institution was different, I recognized this shortly and made the necessary adjustments, however I could see there would be no room for advancement as I was the only "security" entity hired outside of Toronto's head quarters.
I had a good working experience at Royal Bank of Canada
Senior Programmer Analyst (Consultant) (Former Employee), New York CityJuly 22, 2014
Royal Bank of Canada is a top 500 company in regard to quality of work place
Everything there was wonderful. Salary and benefits were perfect. Was quite happy!
Administrative Assistant, Corporate Banking (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 10, 2014
Pros: benefits were out of this world..
Cons: some seniors i reported to were very stressed, and passed that to me.
I reported to more than 7 managers. The work and high and low periods. The pay and benefits were simply awesome. The people were smart and nice to be around. It was interesting and lots of what was done involved large finance..
Stressful Trading Floor Environment
COMMODITIES ANALYST - POWER (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHJune 10, 2014
Pros: co workers, not any day is the same as the previous.
Cons: busy, stressful.
Typical day is 8-5 with a brief chance to sneak out for a quick walk. Long days with stressful and hectic environment.
good company
Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 29, 2014
This is a good company. Great team and management.
Many Opportunities for growth
Administrative Assistant- Private Banking (Former Employee), Miami, FLApril 22, 2014
What I liked the most about Royal Bank of Canada was the opportunity they give to all employees for growth through educational training sessions about procedures of specific tasks of the company.
That gave employees a deeper insight of he company's operations.
Company was sold to PNC Bank
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT TO MARKET PRESIDENT SE FLORIDA (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLMarch 16, 2014
My postion was to be eliminated.
I assited the SE Market President and the TRegional manager of 13 branches in SE Floirda